Sorry to jump in again, but with any new updated version you give out....i have to fully un-install the current animal mansion and then re-install the newer one? wont that set me back to the very beginning again?

Or can i overwrite it? or merge?  :s

I just dont wanna keep re-starting the mod and Quests each time the MOD is updated and improved.

I understand. It should be possible to uninstall the old version and install the new version. I did just that and it seems to work fine. I just hate making guarantees when it comes to Skyrim.

@ chajapa (and other interested parties)

I can think of only three reasons why the aliases on that quest (NA_SQ_RiverwoodDog) could fail to fill:

1. Hod has been disabled.

2. Stump has been disabled.

3. Frodnar (Hod's boy) has been disabled or killed (via Killable Children mod for example).

I killed Stump and then started the quest via console (startquest NA_SQ_RiverwoodDog). Stump was resurrected and the quest started w/out a hitch.  I disabled Frodnar and the quest failed to start until I enabled him. Same with Hod. I can't kill Hod because he's unkillable, or at least until after some point in the Skyrim Main Quest he's unkillable. Mod markers in Riverwood are not affected by Extended Towns and Cities mod (I have ETAC installed on my otherwise minimal mod list).

EDIT:

If you can confirm before starting the quest that Hod, Frodnar, and Stump are all enabled and where they should be in Riverwood according to their schedules, then I am officially baffled as to why this quest doesn't work for some people.

My character is level 1. So... no dragons... no vampires. I traveled to Riverwood (to check) and Hod was in his house, Stump was outside, and Hodnar was running around like an idiot like he usually does. I do not run any mods that alter children.

So if YOU're baffled.... then I'm SURELY baffled. :)

Then the only thing I can think to do is to set aliases to Optional. There shouldn't be any problems after I do that. I hope. It's just hard to debug when I can't replicate the bug!

minor issue at companions party:

if you completed companion quest where Skjor dies then Skjor is absent at that party - this is working

but if you would ask after party for a threesome then you still can get an option of threesome with skjor even if hes dead - so this one option needs one more conditional to check if Skjor is alive.

Also plenty of this

happen

lets hope sexlab 1.6 would offer more support for choosing which creature anims are supposed to be played.

minor issue at companions party:

if you completed companion quest where Skjor dies then Skjor is absent at that party - this is working

but if you would ask after party for a threesome then you still can get an option of threesome with skjor even if hes dead - so this one option needs one more conditional to check if Skjor is alive.

Also plenty of this

attachicon.gif2015-08-20_00001.jpg

happen

lets hope sexlab 1.6 would offer more support for choosing which creature anims are supposed to be played.

Thanks for the Skjor report.

The thing with the animations is crazy because in every function calling on SexLab the player is slotted as actor 0 and so should always be in the female position of the animation. But when it comes to those female werewolf animations player ends up in the male position. TBH, I've just been blocking those animations with the SexLab MCM.

(I think we've finally found a situation where having a gay character is an advantage. :lol:)

EDIT: I think I know how to fix the animation problem. Let me give it a shot and if it works it will be in the next update.

-----

Re the next update: I think while I'm getting bug reports like this I'm going to hold off on the next release. No point in rushing through this. They're issues that need to be fixed but they're not game breakers.

Dont pay it much attention - we were going through this with Sky_mds a while ago.

This and also we were trying to make a scene where oral animation would be played every single time (it was supposed to be a scene where you would be tutoring Jala before she would start doing private shows - "why don't you try to take him in your mouth first?" style)

We failed.

Sexlab 1.5x simply does not support creature animations in full. When playing creature anim you cant filter available anims by tags for example - something that can be easily done if you want to play human anims.

For making it look gay - usually its not a problem because there is no animations available of human actor to hump a dog for example.

But werewolf has both roles. Spriggan too i guess.

And they are played at random.

Hopefully in some future version of sexlab you will be able to use GetAnimationByName or ByTags for choosing specific animation(s) to be played. 1.6 maybe?

aqqh -

Hopefully in some future version of sexlab you will be able to use GetAnimationByName or ByTags for choosing specific animation(s) to be played. 1.6 maybe?

Well that would be lovely. I always wondered why those "GetAnimation(s)By" functions don't work for creature animations.

I wonder if SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry() would work for creature animations.

Oh, and by the way.... That deal I had where the Riverwood quest had empty aliases? I think it happened again on the "One of the Companions .... requested you" (or similar to that. NOT the Companion party one. I've done that one)

I wonder if SexLab.GetAnimationByRegistry() would work for creature animations.

Only one way to find out. Let me check.

Oh, and by the way.... That deal I had where the Riverwood quest had empty aliases? I think it happened again on the "One of the Companions .... requested you" (or similar to that. NOT the Companion party one. I've done that one)

I know you're a very experienced player/modder so don't be offended by this but ... I'm thinking mod conflict and/or script heavy mods may be the problem (not just you of course, I've seen some other reports about the Riverwood Dog quest). There is no earthly reason why these aliases should not be filling. For the Riverwood quest I've set aliases to optional, so that will be there for the next update. In the meantime, if you feel like it, you could set the aliases yourself in the CK and see if that works. The quest is NA_SQ_RiverwoodDog. The quest for the Companion is NA_PS_Werewolf.

Script lag is definitely a possibility. I play on a Mac Mini! :)

Seriously though.... I started a job through dialogue and didn't see any prompt or markers. I was like... "WTF?" ... so I just walked around the mansion a bit, went into the basement, took about 5 steps and all of a sudden the prompt for the job I thought had malfunctioned showed up. 

In this profile I have SL (obviously), SoS, SL Eager NPCs, Milk Mod Economy, Soul Gem Oven II, ZaZ, Devious Devices..... not a hell of a lot else... BUT... I run some 4k textures and I wonder if those eat up enough VRAM to make it hard for scripts to work properly.

ALSO... I think I'm more likely (this is hard to test as timing comes into play) to have a job "misfire" if MME and SGO are both updating. Their "timers" are not sync'ed but every so often they resonate and fire nearly together. If that happens as I'm picking up a job..... I don't know. :)

I'm not a programmer, but I've written some programs so it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities for me. :)

Thanks for your feedback on this, chajapa. I hate telling people there's nothing I can do to fix a problem. But the Riverwood dog quest for example is so simple it's just "Quest Making 101" (well, maybe 102) stuff.

Nevertheless this issue will haunt my every waking hour from now on. :lol:

I like the extra dialogue added after each submissive option with Sordid and after the 4th one thaena gives you the altar of arkay in your room.

I'm guessing this is intentional that after that she doesn't give you more of his private shows and even if I used console to start it, I can't talk to Sordid, which kinda sucks.

I know you have stuff planned for this part and I can't wait to see what it is, I love the dialogues you've done and keep up the good work.

MUAHAhahahahaha..... my work here is done then.... :)

No, seriously... there are some things that will NEVER be perfectly, exactly, totally, 100% for everybody.

Why?

Because..... Skyrim

It is what it is. I have every confidence that my issues are NOT because you did something incorrectly.

My feedback is in the hope that we can figure out how to make it work anyways. :)

I like the extra dialogue added after each submissive option with Sordid and after the 4th one thaena gives you the altar of arkay in your room.

I'm guessing this is intentional that after that she doesn't give you more of his private shows and even if I used console to start it, I can't talk to Sordid, which kinda sucks.

I know you have stuff planned for this part and I can't wait to see what it is, I love the dialogues you've done and keep up the good work.

Thanks for that, I'm glad you like it. Although it was mean to just leave you hanging after the 4th encounter. :P That quest is controlled by two global variables so if you're desperate for more Sordid you can reset them both to 0:

set NA_SordidCount to 0

set NA_SordidSubCount to 0

until I make the next stage.

MUAHAhahahahaha..... my work here is done then.... :)

No, seriously... there are some things that will NEVER be perfectly, exactly, totally, 100% for everybody.

Why?

Because..... Skyrim

It is what it is. I have every confidence that my issues are NOT because you did something incorrectly.

My feedback is in the hope that we can figure out how to make it work anyways. :)

Indeed. :cool:

Guest ffabris

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and offer some input ... but note that I am referring to the original AM, since I haven't played enough of this revamp to comment properly.

First off, I'd remove any use of actors that might get killed. Way too problematic. Plus if you see X get killed, it is very jarring to suddenly have him/her reappear as if nothing happened.

But more importantly, AM suffers from a major problem, in my view: repetitiveness. Basically, it boils down to repeating the same thing over and over, with small variations: entertain a guest with ... some animal, or have parties with ... some animals. Gets old. And that's why I never bothered completing the original AM.

I think AM could use more story, with the "entertain a guest" becoming totally optional, rather than required to progress. To me, the ideal to emulate would be Isle of Mara. That is wall to wall sex, but it has a story, a nice touch of humor too, and very little repetition. Even though much of the quest is completed within the confines of a small island, you very rarely have to do the same thing twice. Best of all, it has a few possible, and very different, endings: one results in the island being destroyed, the other preserves it and allows you to return to "play" once the quest has ended ... and that in turn has an epilogue with further possible outcomes.

So... what kind of story? I dunno, I've been thinking on it, but all I have so far are snippets. For example:

• Jesper suddenly rushes over and says that Theana has been abducted by bandits and you have to save her. So you rush off so ... some cave or other, and going though the load door, you find yourself captured. The bandits have their way with you, consisting primarily of having you raped by dog or bears or... Once they've had their fun and kick you out, you return only to find that Theana had simply gone to town for supplies, and Jesper had tricked you. And that can then lead to revenge....
  • Theana says that you look a bit worn out and should have a nap. So you do that, and on falling asleep, find yourself sucked into Oblivion, summoned by Sanguine. He's taken note of your antics and wants a private show. Massive orgy with dremora and animals. Once that's done, Sanguine informs you that he isn't done with you - yet, then sends you back.
  • Possible continuation with Sanguine using you to spread animal love further in Skyrim. And maybe you can agree, leading to one possible game branch, or you can try to defy him, which creates a different game branch.

I'd also combine all the animal collection quests into a single one. Theana tells you that AM needs a dog, horse, etc etc, and gives you locations. You set off and start to collect. As with, say, Pieces of the Past, you can go get one then return, at which point you can optionally entertain a client before setting off for the next. Or you can just collect them all in one big round trip, only returning when done. In other words, the entertainment/parties should be something that you can do, at any time (once you have animals), but are not required to do (except perhaps once).

In fairness, AM is far from being the only mod which is overly repetitive. Many non-sexual ones are as well, like Helgen Reborn. Many vanilla quests are as well, frankly. And while Isle of Mara has a great story, it too relies on vanilla characters... specially, it assumes that you have completed the Companions quest, and that Ulfric is alive. (IoM also still has bugs and seems to have been abandoned, but that's a different issue.)

OK done. My aim here is to be constructive, not to slam people's hard work. I know how much time goes into making a mod.

this mod is working like that since the beginning.

to change it now would pretty much mean that most of whats already done would have to be rewritten.

imo thats pointless - there are plenty of things that could be done / added without rewriting anything or almost anything.

Hi.

In SL1.6 RC3 there is a possibility to select/filter creature animations by tag.

Yes, as aqqh notes, the basic structure of AM has always been like this and I'm not planning on revisiting what sky_mds has already done, except for what I've changed so far. The biggest change was dropping Jala entirely (she'll be back but in a totally different role - I just decided to retain her name and appearance). Apart from that virtually everything I've done is new and an expansion of the original mod. What it comes down to is that I consider the foundations of AM to be complete and now it's time to move forward with new stuff.

That doesn't mean I don't want to hear suggestions or ideas. The exact opposite is true. I've been practically begging to hear new ideas since the day I put up the first version on the old AM thread. But if I don't use an idea that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Take ffabris and his suggestions. Sanguine is a great idea. But I can't use it because IMHO Sanguine's Debauchery has cornered the Sanguine market. But I have outlined progressions involving two other deities. Punisher234 kinda spilled the beans ( :P)  about the shrine of Arkay, and a hint as to the other one has been sitting in the Mansion since the first version of AMP.

Maybe giving a broad idea of what I'm doing will help to focus ideas. There are two main lines:

1. Expanded dog content. I have heard the pleas for kennels and your prayers shall be answered ten-fold. :lol: There's a lot going on behind the scenes and I'm really excited about this.

2. Dawnguard DLC. I know exactly what I'm going to do if the player joins the Dawnguard. I'm not so sure what to do if the player joins the vampires.

Since you said you wanted this to become gender neutral I noticed the Jarl of Falkreath mentions watching woman get fucked by animals as well.

Way ahead of you man! That's been taken care of. As has the whole starting quest and the Companions parties.

Hi.

In SL1.6 RC3 there is a possibility to select/filter creature animations by tag.

Probably a stupid question but ... will that work for players (not modders) with 1.59c?

Guest ffabris

Yes, as aqqh notes, the basic structure of AM has always been like this and I'm not planning on revisiting what sky_mds has already done, except for what I've changed so far. The biggest change was dropping Jala entirely (she'll be back but in a totally different role - I just decided to retain her name and appearance). Apart from that virtually everything I've done is new and an expansion of the original mod. What it comes down to is that I consider the foundations of AM to be complete and now it's time to move forward with new stuff.

That doesn't mean I don't want to hear suggestions or ideas. The exact opposite is true. I've been practically begging to hear new ideas since the day I put up the first version on the old AM thread. But if I don't use an idea that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Take ffabris and his suggestions. Sanguine is a great idea. But I can't use it because IMHO Sanguine's Debauchery has cornered the Sanguine market. But I have outlined progressions involving two other deities. Punisher234 kinda spilled the beans ( :P)  about the shrine of Arkay, and a hint as to the other one has been sitting in the Mansion since the first version of AMP.

Ok, well, I tossed out ideas - if they're used, great. If not, that's fine too. :) I'd just suggest, for your own sanity, to avoid using actors that may be killed... apparently that's already causing you headaches. Avoid those actors, avoid the headaches. ;)

You referenced DG ... I tend to console my way through that entire quest, since I find it incredibly tedious. Plus Serana gets on my nerves. But that's just me.

Probably a stupid question but ... will that work for players (not modders) with 1.59c?

No. It is a new feature of 1.60.

If you use it then you have to impose 1.6 as requirement.

Doing the coding in a way that will support both version is a serious pain.

Consider moving to 1.6 as soon as it will be stable.

If anyone wants to stop the girl on girl/male werewolf, simply deactive/unckeck the Werewolfgal animations in Sexlab. Its in the animations section under Creature animations. its about two thirds down. i unchecked them as well as the Weird Spriggan animations and now i never get either showing up. :)

Hey mybrainhurts, would it be possible to add Tavern clothes into to mansion maybe in the bedroom Theana provides. Considering that the mansion is a brothel, it would make sense. And maybe make Jana when you re-add her into the mod, make her wear the tavern clothes too.

Damn... i just couldn't resist doing this to Creatures 101 quest  :D

Just for MBH to take a look - as i dont want to mess with his work.

some of bugs in party men

- it didnt start. when i set all aliases to allow reserved and optional it did start but alias animal04 was not filled (had main quest up to bear and a sabre cat complete).

- Thaena went to basement too early - i think the reason is that previous party was at stage > 10 (did normal party before that) so travel to marker package kicked in as soon as quest got started.

Confirmed - na_p_standard stops at stage 90 when you complete it - and by so it is enough for that package to kick in. Do you stop those quests when they are over or reset them?

You dont need to stop non StartGameEnabled quests - just reset them and they go back to their default state which is stage 0 disabled.

- you should set NA_NPCCounter back to 0 when party preparation is complete - when i started man party after normal party it displayed the objective "Invite guests for the party. (8 of 4 Guests)". Handling invitations worked as intended tho.

some more - but i guess it happened because CK decided to mess up with scripts. Would have to give it another try.