EDIT:  Re bugs and bugaphobics: Yes, you can disable bugs via dialogue w/ Thaena.

EDIT2: There is also dialogue with Thaena if you use the MCM to skip the starting quest and skip ahead to specific animals in the main quest. No matter how you play the mod, I got your phobia covered.

I seemed to have found a bug, which, even though I rejected both the spiders and the chaurus in their respective quests, the chaurus still got added to the basement.

It only seems to have happened with the chaurus.

I don't know if he still gets used to the private shows or parties (tried a couple of them and no chaurus for now)

Edit: I tried to disable him via console and for some reason he doesn't disappear, same with markfordelete.

Also, apparently if you Aura Whisper (or any shout for that matter) near the skeever they become hostile but they don't move or attack (another bug?).

Re shouting: Under no circumstances could I get any creature to aggro with Aura Whisper. I also tried Unrelenting Force while in God mode. Creatures like the troll and bear aggro'd after three or four blasts, but they did not attack. I also UFed the guests upstairs and they aggro'd after a few quick successive blasts as well. Skeevers never aggro'd for me even after shouting them to Oblivion and filling them with elven arrows on their way out.  :D  In no case did anything aggro after just one blast. Or even two with a normal cooldown. How something could go hostile after Aura Whisper is beyond me. The whole point of the shout is that it's quiet and inoffensive. At this point I'd suggest that you have a mod conflict.

Re the chaurus: The bugs should not be in their rooms (and their rooms should be unfurnished) once you've had the conversation with Thaena. Apparently, somewhere along the line I forgot to disable the chaurus and chaurus room and I'll fix that. But even if they are in their rooms they should never show up in shows or parties. If that happens .... well, that's not good.

Problem for me is, I can't find a way in-game to avoid the mechanism which enables/disables the bugs in their rooms and the room furnishings. So I can't replicate the chaurus being there when he shouldn't. But as I said, I'll fix it one way or another.

Re shouting: Under no circumstances could I get any creature to aggro with Aura Whisper. I also tried Unrelenting Force while in God mode. Creatures like the troll and bear aggro'd after three or four blasts, but they did not attack. I also UFed the guests upstairs and they aggro'd after a few quick successive blasts as well. Skeevers never aggro'd for me even after shouting them to Oblivion and filling them with elven arrows on their way out.  :D  In no case did anything aggro after just one blast. Or even two with a normal cooldown. How something could go hostile after Aura Whisper is beyond me. The whole point of the shout is that it's quiet and inoffensive. At this point I'd suggest that you have a mod conflict.

Re the chaurus: The bugs should not be in their rooms (and their rooms should be unfurnished) once you've had the conversation with Thaena. Apparently, somewhere along the line I forgot to disable the chaurus and chaurus room and I'll fix that. But even if they are in their rooms they should never show up in shows or parties. If that happens .... well, that's not good.

Problem for me is, I can't find a way in-game to avoid the mechanism which enables/disables the bugs in their rooms and the room furnishings. So I can't replicate the chaurus being there when he shouldn't. But as I said, I'll fix it one way or another.

Weird since I don't have any mod installed that changes shouts or AI, but I'll check my modlist again tomorrow just to be sure.

And yes, the chaurus room is indeed unfurnished and it doesn't seem to appear in shows or parties at all, it just stays in it's room making his bugery noises, with no way to make him disappear (although maybe going back and trying to redo the falmer/chaurus quest using MCM could fix the issue?).

Weird since I don't have any mod installed that changes shouts or AI, but I'll check my modlist again tomorrow just to be sure.

And yes, the chaurus room is indeed unfurnished and it doesn't seem to appear in shows or parties at all, it just stays in it's room making his bugery noises, with no way to make him disappear (although maybe going back and trying to redo the falmer/chaurus quest using MCM could fix the issue?).

Ah! The room is unfurnished but an undeletable chaurus is there? Okay, I know what happened. You could certainly go back and redo the chaurus quest, or you could go back and just skip it via MCM (set that slider to 9) since you're not interested in the chaurus anyway.

What are the new contents ?

New content relative to sky_mds version 0.6e includes:

1. Made quests to get the sabre cat and troll into the Mansion (the only two animals sky_mds hadn't done before retiring).

2. Made a quick quest to get skeevers into the Mansion. And created a new alchemy ingredient while I was at it! :D

3. I rewrote the bear quest so the player doesn't have to kill anything.

4. I rewrote the chaurus quest so the player doesn't have to talk to the Falmer shaman. (Personally, that dialogue never worked for me ... kind of like a certain wolf in a certain mod you may or may not have written. :P)

5. Jala is no longer part of Animal Mansion and I rewrote the starting quest accordingly. She will make her debut in a future version of this mod in an entirely new role.

6. Spiders and chaurus are now optional for shows and parties. That option is set through dialogue with Thaena.

7. Sordid the Necromancer (the guy who likes to watch the player have draugr sex) is no longer a bit player. I rewrote his private show quest to form the basis for a rather large Mansion side quest. This was inspired by unused dialogue that is in the original AM (quest ID is na_ps_draugr).

Those are the big changes I can remember. I feel like I'm forgetting a few though.

With AMR I was unable to start the main questline, Thaena did not talk to me (I don't have Dialogues installed). With AM Plus I had no problems starting it.

One thing I noticed that some dialogs are missing. For example when I first need to talk to Nenya, she probably has a few sentences about giving Thaena time. However I could see only the 1st sentence. I did not click the text away, I was waiting for it to advance by itself. There were some other texts missing too.

Another dialog issue I experienced when I brought back the bard and there was that long talk. It was so long that the camera circling started up and I think that affects the texts.

Otherwise the mod was quite stable, although I did not advance much yet. Thanks for taking the time to work on it.

With AMR I was unable to start the main questline, Thaena did not talk to me (I don't have Dialogues installed). With AM Plus I had no problems starting it.

One thing I noticed that some dialogs are missing. For example when I first need to talk to Nenya, she probably has a few sentences about giving Thaena time. However I could see only the 1st sentence. I did not click the text away, I was waiting for it to advance by itself. There were some other texts missing too.

Another dialog issue I experienced when I brought back the bard and there was that long talk. It was so long that the camera circling started up and I think that affects the texts.

Otherwise the mod was quite stable, although I did not advance much yet. Thanks for taking the time to work on it.

I'm not sure about missing lines for Nenya. That's pretty strange.

That scene with Jesper, Thaena, and the Player is too long. Sometimes when I get in the writing groove it's hard to stop. I'll be paring that down.

Until I do, please note that your character has complete freedom of movement and the scene is not dependent on your character actually being there. So go clear Skuldafn or something until it's finished. :lol:

I only found two "bug". Or maybe he hasnt been written yet. As privat show neither the companion quest nor the jarl quest works :( .

Another question: Will I met the falmers again? The shaman said sth about it?!

The companion private show had an incorrect condition on it, now fixed.  The jarl private show should function correctly however. Could you go to the console and start the quest by entering the following:

startquest na_ps_jarl

and let me know if you have problems with the rest of the quest. Just make sure you are not running a Mansion quest before starting one in the console.  By the way, you can start the Companion private show the same way: startquest na_ps_werewolf.

As for the Falmer, yes you will see them again.

Some problems I encountered were about NPCs not following you.

The dog in the first few quests didn't follow me outside the mansion (so I had to progress the quest in the mansion rather than in front of the jarl). 

I wanted to do a quest with a client, but the NPC didn't follow me to the basement (it didn't follow me at all in fact). I had to progress the quest in the main part of the mansion. Looks kinda f***ed up when there is only the client having the animation...

edit: Also the color of the face of Thaena mismatches the color of the body... is this caused on my end?

Some problems I encountered were about NPCs not following you.

The dog in the first few quests didn't follow me outside the mansion (so I had to progress the quest in the mansion rather than in front of the jarl). 

I wanted to do a quest with a client, but the NPC didn't follow me to the basement (it didn't follow me at all in fact). I had to progress the quest in the main part of the mansion. Looks kinda f***ed up when there is only the client having the animation...

edit: Also the color of the face of Thaena mismatches the color of the body... is this caused on my end?

Sometimes a client won't follow you immediately. I've noticed this particularly when the client is waving their mug when a bard is singing. After they're done "dancing" or whatever that is, they will follow you. If you can give me more detail about what quest you were doing and what stage of the main quest you were on at the time I may be able to give you more specific advice. Otherwise you could try leaving and re-entering the cell or sprinting into the NPC in question or if they're dancing just wait till they're done. I think there may be too many NPCs in too small of a space, a problem which will be rectified in a future version. If the dog doesn't follow you out of the mansion you could try exiting and re-entering the cell.

This is the first I've heard about problems with color mismatch on Thaena. She is completely unchanged from Animal Mansion version 0.6e.

Is it possible to get a bug fix for the party show? When you do a party and invite your own people the mission do not start and you can no longer do any other shows.

Can you get a papyrus log for me?

1. Made quests to get the sabre cat and troll into the Mansion (the only two animals sky_mds hadn't done before retiring).

2. Made a quick quest to get skeevers into the Mansion. And created a new alchemy ingredient while I was at it! :D

4. I rewrote the chaurus quest so the player doesn't have to talk to the Falmer shaman. (Personally, that dialogue never worked for me ... kind of like a certain wolf in a certain mod you may or may not have written. :P)

5. Jala is no longer part of Animal Mansion and I rewrote the starting quest accordingly. She will make her debut in a future version of this mod in an entirely new role.

6. Spiders and chaurus are now optional for shows and parties. That option is set through dialogue with Thaena.

7. Sordid the Necromancer (the guy who likes to watch the player have draugr sex) is no longer a bit player. I rewrote his private show quest to form the basis for a rather large Mansion side quest. This was inspired by unused dialogue that is in the original AM (quest ID is na_ps_draugr).

Those are the big changes I can remember. I feel like I'm forgetting a few though.

Why reading when you can keep asking?

Plain horrible some forum users nowadays. I blame google  :unsure:

On other note MBH the quest for the companion does not start.

I mean at the 'normal' services when a companion is elected.

Queststage is right before the bear. The only companion in the mansion is Farkas.

It may or may not have something to do with the werewolf overhaul thingy I run in this playthrough. The big companion party worked flawless though.

Well i installed the new AMP MOD after getting rid of the last one and wooot!!!! works fine so far, touch wood ( taps her own head). :shy:

And so far everything has run smoothly. Even the 'Less Bard singing ' MOD works a treat and he only sings on request!, which the customers do now and then :P . So he isnt completely silent.....just less singing  :D

Personally i love the longer chat between Thaena and Jesper when they meet. i was giggling as Thaena's patience sure was wearing thin with Jesper the muppet.hehe

I do have a couple tiny requests, if possible.

In the room your given, there is a wash-basin. Can this be scripted or what ever is done to make it active? I use a cleaning MOD called 'Wash Basins' and it lets me use basins in taverns to clean my player when she gets dirty via 'Bathing in Skyrim' MOD. Its an immersive need and would make it much nicer than running to the waterfalls at the back of Falkreath everything she gets a bit grubby.

Also, just outside to the left of the Mansion main door is a tree stump and wood. Can this also be set up so i can chop wood too? like the stumps in Whiterun outside the Banned Mare? i need wood for fire-camps. The Hulda (Inn keeper of the Banned Mare) asks for wood and gives a few septims each time. would make for a nice little extra cash task in your MOD.

I know your thinking, ...meh... silly requests.. :P but you know me Brains...immersion immersion...immersion!!  :D  :heart:

( at the moment, both the wash-basin and tree chopping stump are inactive and just eye-candy..hehe)

Thankies!!!!!

Sophie x

Why reading when you can keep asking?

Plain horrible some forum users nowadays. I blame google  :unsure:

I'll put all that on the front page. It really should be more visible.

On other note MBH the quest for the companion does not start.

I mean at the 'normal' services when a companion is elected.

Queststage is right before the bear. The only companion in the mansion is Farkas.

It may or may not have something to do with the werewolf overhaul thingy I run in this playthrough. The big companion party worked flawless though.

I put an impossible condition on the werewolf private show while testing private shows and forgot to remove it. So right now the only bug would be if the werewolf private show actually started. :P It will be fixed in the next release, which will be soon. Just a quick bug fix version.

In the room your given, there is a wash-basin. Can this be scripted or what ever is done to make it active? I use a cleaning MOD called 'Wash Basins' and it lets me use basins in taverns to clean my player when she gets dirty via 'Bathing in Skyrim' MOD. Its an immersive need and would make it much nicer than running to the waterfalls at the back of Falkreath everything she gets a bit grubby.

I'll take a look at the cleaning mod and see what I need to do. Although in terms of thoroughness and that "Aaaahhhh ... nothing like a good wash" feeling, I'd still recommend the waterfall. :lol:

Also, just outside to the left of the Mansion main door is a tree stump and wood. Can this also be set up so i can chop wood too? like the stumps in Whiterun outside the Banned Mare? i need wood for fire-camps. The Hulda (Inn keeper of the Banned Mare) asks for wood and gives a few septims each time. would make for a nice little extra cash task in your MOD.

That I can do right away.

I know your thinking, ...meh... silly requests.. :P but you know me Brains...immersion immersion...immersion!!  :D  :heart:

Along with everything else in the room, I took the time to give you all a wash basin, water jug, bowl, and three wash cloths. Also a little note from Thaena placed with a fine example of traditional Nord flower arrangement. All for a room most players will seldom use. It's a safe bet I have no problem adding details. :)

( at the moment, both the wash-basin and tree chopping stump are inactive and just eye-candy..hehe)

Thankies!!!!!

Sophie x

The scene between Jesper, Thaena and the player never fired for me. I'll try again tonight, and see if it happens again. I get one off bugs sometimes.

This bug was fixed in the second release. If it's still not starting, check your horoscope. :P

Which reminds me ...

I never actually unlocked the room to begin with. I tend to sleep (RND sucker :D) at a random inn where i happened to have completed a quest when I got tired :D

You see, that's exactly what I was talking about adding detail to that room in spite of the fact that many players won't notice!  If you're nice to Thaena, she goes to all the trouble and expense of setting you up with a nicely appointed room, and you can't even be bothered to check it out! :lol: Even if you're not nice to her she still sets you up with a bedroll.

In general, when Thaena suggests you do something - settling in to your room for example - you should do it or else you risk missing out on something. This is a mechanic I'll be using a lot of as the mod develops as a quiet way of progressing certain quests. So players should pay attention to her cues.  You can take as long as you like following up on a suggestion. There's no time limit on it.

The other example in this release is at the (current) end of Sordid's private shows. After your fourth submissive encounter with Sordid, Thaena will tell you about something she added to your room. Right now that something does not progress the quest because I haven't finished the next stage, so for now it's just a teaser.

Is it possible to get a bug fix for the party show? When you do a party and invite your own people the mission do not start and you can no longer do any other shows.

Can you get a papyrus log for me?

I got no idea how to do that, but to be fair its a problem that existed on the original as well.