Bug Report - Major v8k

This is on a cleaned save.

When the force restart takes place a BH is spawned. After two or three restarts the main BH turns up and arrests me (I was in Riften) though I have no bounty there.

Bounty level for BH is set at the Default of 1000 and I only have three bounties of 950.

Log attached including the install and three debug Force Restart.

I'll drop back to 8j for now I think

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Ok from your log,

1. I see you are still using the good ol' SL 1.59c. Do you ever get teleported to the middle of Skyrim when DCL initiates sex outside?
  2. You need to update your Papyrus Utilities, there is a function in the latest one that I am using in POP to remove BHs.
  3. Your POPBHs list has 48 BHs in it. See 2. That might be the reason why they always seem to be hanging around. ;) 

I will test this bug in game myself and see what I can see.

OK, another test on 8k.  You must admit I'm trying hard! :shy:

PC alone in Winterhold.  Trigger arrest major crimes. 

Odd thing was the guard tried to cast the green ball of 'knock you down' magic 4 or 5 times initially.  As I was right up close, I moved away a bit and then, by Akatosh and by Talos, the next cast worked!  

So, PC lying down restrained.  The guard goes on strike, or at least a work to rule, and everyone does a detour round about passing by :dodgy:

Then a lady Traveler decides to get a piece of ass, and the PC is grabbed,  Well, sort of.  DCUR triggers SexLab and the Traveler strips off in the main street and spends 3 minutes on Komotor's see saw reaming her bottom.  Well, less see & saw, because while she does the animation of going up and down in the air, the animated object is completely invisible.  :P  The PC is uninvolved in the animation, standing restrained in POP restraints  Very funny in its own way

After the traveler has stopped miming, dressed again and wandered off to the Potion lady for some Preparation H, nothing happens, BUT the POP MCM says that the PC is arrested OK.  So a quick 'Once only' fast forward, and after the 5 4 3 2 1 count, 'zoooommmm', and the jailer is confiscating the PCs stuff.  :)

Oddly, there was another NPC appeared in the jail, and I was worried that POP might have picked up an NPC from the arrest scene as if a follower, but after a day in the stocks, and the trip back to jail, the NPC, who was still there in the jail, seems to emanate from POP - well the console says that came from the POP esp... if that's not right, say so and I'll try again, as I have one idea where it could otherwise be from :idea:.  If the cell companion is a mod bonus, great!

Otherwise, FWIW,

- the other NPC did not get taken to the square

- the non occupied stocks vanished during the PC's visit, and reappeared on their being removed from their stocks at the end of the day

- the PC still had access to inventory in the cell :huh:

- the PC was rooted to the spot until the 'whipping visitor' left the cell, but seemingly could have sneaked out the door after the 'hanky panky' punishment dispenser was done :ph34r:

Log, FWIW, attached.  Sorry it's a bit big, but this time I left all the stack dumps in, just in case they show any calls that might be getting put to one side during the arrest 'waiting' times

Wow it takes 4 min for your location scan to finish. That is way too long. You might be running too many mods there. ;)

FYI: Mine is less than 1 sec. :P

Wow it takes 4 min for your location scan to finish. That is way too long. You might be running too many mods there. ;)

@ Inte

I've been ight through my log and married it up to your source psc files.  The delay seems to be caused by xpodynjailvars.psc

You kindly altered that to eliminate the 10 second limit that was built into the original script.  But the impact has been that the scan is now taking much longer than before, in that even the places where the arrest was completing within the 10 secs is now taking just about forever

I've copied the original and revised scripts below.  he revised script shows the original time loop commented out, so I have coloured in only what seem to be the really substantive changes, ie the Bool inclusion and the the Keyword on the scan from SendStoryEvent to SendStoryEvenAndWait,

I wouldn't pretend to know if these are essential, but could that latter change, in particular, be why this seems to slowing things down so much more when compared to the original version?

============

ORIGINAL

Keyword Property ArrestKeyword Auto

Bool Function ScanLocation(Location akCrimeLocation)

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: ScanLocation " + akCrimeLocation)

Stop()

ArrestKeyword.SendStoryEvent(akLoc = akCrimeLocation)

Int i = 0

While (IsRunning() == False) && (i < 10)

Utility.Wait(1.0)

i += 1

EndWhile

Debug.TraceConditional("xpoDynJailVars: Failed to scan location (" + akCrimeLocation + ")", IsRunning() == False)

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: City centre - " + Alias_CityCenter.GetReference())

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: Cell door - " + Alias_CellDoor.GetReference())

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: Belongings chest - " + Alias_BelongingsChest.GetReference())

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: Follower - " + xpoUtil.GetActorName(Alias_Follower.GetActorRef()))

Return IsRunning()

EndFunction

=========

REVISED

Stop()

;ArrestKeyword.SendStoryEvent(akLoc = akCrimeLocation)

BOOL bRunning = ArrestKeyword.SendStoryEventAndWait(akLoc = akCrimeLocation)

;Int i = 0

;While (IsRunning() == False) && (i < 10)

;    Utility.Wait(1.0)

;    i += 1

;EndWhile

Debug.TraceConditional("xpoDynJailVars: Failed to scan location (" + akCrimeLocation + ")", !bRunning)

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: Belongings chest - " + Alias_BelongingsChest.GetReference())

Debug.Trace("xpoDynJailVars: Follower - " + xpoUtil.GetActorName(Alias_Follower.GetActorRef()))

Return bRunning

EndFunction

@ Inte

Apologies if I seem to be spamming your thread, but this is getting worse rather than better  LOL

Does this help maybe to take us any further?

Triggered a guard arrest major crimes @ Winterhold, with DCUR conditions set so as not to interfere.  Got one invalid captor message (to close to the wandering chicken, I think), followed by a valid example

This time it took 16 (sixteen) minutes from arrest to location scan end

6 to 7 minutes in from the start, this appears in the log

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Arrest event did not trigger successfully!
[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Captor is ~ Winterhold Guard
[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Trigger bounty is ~ 1500.000000
[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Override bounty is ~ 1500
[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Crime faction is ~
[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Cycled 37 times.
[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() Done.

Now that comes  from xpoPatchesMain @ here as affected by the timer/limiter here

ElseIf (iStage == 10)
                    If (bScnArrest)
                        iStage = 30
                        xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Arrest scene selected!")
                        StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpopModBounty", iModBounty)    
                        StorageUtil.SetStringValue(PlayerRef, "xpopCrimeFacEX", sCrimeFac)
                        xpoMain.Alias_Guard.ForceRefTo(Captor)
                        xpopArrestQuest.Start()
                    Else
                        iStage = 20
                        xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Direct arrest selected!")
                        xpopArrestPC(Captor, None, iModBounty, sCrimeFac, xpoPatchesPcExtraFees.GetValueInt())
                    EndIf
                ElseIf (iStage == 20)
                    iStage = 40
                        If (bPCArested)
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Arrest event triggered successfully!")
                            Captor.RestoreAV("Health", Captor.GetBaseAV("Health"))

Else
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Arrest event did not trigger successfully!")
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Captor is ~ " +Captor.GetDisplayName())
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Trigger bounty is ~ " +fExGold)
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Override bounty is ~ " +iModBounty)
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Crime faction is ~ " +sCrimeFac)
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Cycled " +iLimit+ " times.")

EndIf

ElseIf (iStage == 30)
                    If ((xpopArrestQuest.IsStarting() || xpopArrestQuest.IsRunning()) && !bPCArested && (iLimit < 37))
                        Wait(11.1)
                        iLimit += 1
                        iStage = 30
                    Else
                        iStage = 20

EndIf
                ElseIf (iStage == 40)
                    iStage = 200

Can that be looping, and waiting, and maybe causing the lag I'm getting?

And might it also be getting caught up in this? especially as there seems to be a difference between the two sets of similar code

1- 'Called from outside PO to arrest PC' runs with  different code ... at red

While (iStage < 100)
                If (iStage == 0)
                        If (Captor)
                            iStage = 10
                            xpopStopCombat(PlayerRef)
                            xpopStopCombat(Captor)
                                If (iModBounty == 0)
                                    iModBounty = xpo_Config.iMinorCrimeThreshold
                                ElseIf (iModBounty == 1)
                                    iModBounty = xpo_Config.iMajorCrimeThreshold
                                ElseIf ((iModBounty < 0) || (iModBounty >= xpo_Config.iMinorCrimeThreshold))
                                Else
                                    iModBounty += xpo_Config.iMajorCrimeThreshold
                                EndIf
                        Else

iStage = 20
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Can't find a valid captor ... Exiting!")
                        EndIf 

which differs from

2 - 'Called from outside POP to incapacitate PC' which I assume should be similar(?) ends(?) differently with

While (iStage < 100)
                If (iStage == 0)
                    iStage = 10
                        If (Captor == None)
                            Captor = xpopFindLocalCrimeActor()
                        EndIf
                ElseIf (iStage == 10)
                        If (Captor)
                            iStage = 20
                            xpopStopCombat(Captor)
                            faPunishFact = xpopGetArrestFaction(Captor)
                                If (iModBounty < xpo_Config.iMajorCrimeThreshold)
                                EndIf
                        Else

iStage = 200
                            xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnPunishPC() - > ", "Can't find a valid master ... exiting!")
                        EndIf  

Am I getting caught out by any of those, some sort of looping, perhaps?  Would that maybe also get caught up with the initial 'invalid captor' too?

EDIT :  I have tried this again, starting with exactly the same save, modifying the MCM probabilities of a DCUR periodic attack event to be set at 100%, going again to Winterhold, exact same place, same guard, and the game sat still until DCUR initiated an attack, the NPC appeared, put some DDi restraints on the PC, and initiated a SexLab scene.  Simultaneously, the arrest completed, with the log showing the scan complete after 4 minutes flat, but the PC stood arrested, restrained, and didn't participate in the DCUR/Sexlab event.  xpo MCM showed PC as under arrest OK

Log entries were:  

[10/21/2016 - 08:34:28PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():->  Location identified as Windhelm
[10/21/2016 - 08:34:28PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():->  Start scanning location.
[10/21/2016 - 08:34:28PM] xpoDynJailVars: ScanLocation [Location < (00018A57)>]

[10/21/2016 - 08:38:26PM] xpoJailVars: Jail successfully initialized: TRUE

I don't think I'm hallucinating, or imagining this, but the scan is not completing for some reason other than my computer being slow (which it shouldn't be with an i7 and the game running on SSD) :dodgy:

FWIW,

1 - still had to teleport to jail

2 - at least some of the DDi equipped by DCUR (armbinder) didn't get removed, even though the PC was set to get POP INOX equip.  Collar was there OK, but the armbinder still seemed to be in situ, before and after jail punishment, and during start of trek out of the jail with the jail masterto  

Sorry to be a bit of a PITA, but hope some of this helps! :P

and this one when i start a new game from scratch ...!!?? wierd

I used to get that when I installed POP without PO. So make sure you have installed PO correctly.

installed po correctly and checked that ..problem still exist ..updating message while in new game and no arrest scene in loaded save ..??

Ok from your log,
  1. I see you are still using the good ol' SL 1.59c. Do you ever get teleported to the middle of Skyrim when DCL initiates sex outside?
  2. You need to update your Papyrus Utilities, there is a function in the latest one that I am using in POP to remove BHs.
  3. Your POPBHs list has 48 BHs in it. See 2. That might be the reason why they always seem to be hanging around. ;)

1 - No never, that's one of the reasons I stick with 1.59c (that teleport bug came in with v1.6x). It's more stable and animations line up better. I'll look again when SL1.63 comes out as I need to rewrite a bit of DH but there's no point until the new papyrusutil comes out. What version of SL is Donkeywho using as s/he reported the same issue and interestingly also had outstanding bounties under the BH limit

2 - I've never had this issue before it started with 8k. I'm aware of the cleanup routine but that's never caused a problem before, so it this a new routine added in 8k that you're calling

3 - That was after 4 resets. BH's are not spawning in 8i or 8j just 8k

EDIT:

Here's a log from a force restart using 8j. I take your point regarding the cleanup routine as clearly that will show (and does) in this log, nevertheless it is not generating new BH's when I run a reset. A normal log is around 16k so it's the reset only that generates the entries.

I've never noticed any BH's in game either except when I'm being arrested and I have done a *lot* of jail time as you know :) . Going back to the earlier post (and log) using 8k I can't see how that would get me arrested when I was under the BH's limit in any case.

I did wonder myself if it was the older papyrusutils but I'm not convinced it is, or I would have seen this behaviour before as I always manually reset after installing an update (using a cleaned game) and this is the first time ever.

The other thing is that they just materialising, it's not like they are already there (which would make some sense). For each restart a new one materialises until one makes an arrest even though I'm under the BH arrest limit.

I just checked around Riften and in the jail and there are no signs of any BH's with 8j at all btw so it only happens in 8k

Papyrus.0.log

Soz - lots of ninja edits here, I'll stop now and stand in the naughty corner for while :P

I think it's just your computer. I've checked mine, and all that scan location thingy happens within 2 seconds.

I don't know anything about coding like you seem to, but I thought I'd mention this.

Thanks vm for that.  And believe me, I probably don't know any more about coding than you do, other than, perhaps, what I've picked up over the years on testing the logic of others' best efforts  :shy:  Oh, and writing SMART 'macro' equivalents (you'll probably never have heard of that!) and Excel formulae that no-one else ever understands!  LOL

But, as my hardware hasn't changed, and my outcomes change for different game settings, I struggle with it being the notion that it's my computer that's causing this, especially as I can cut the scan time  by to at least a quarter, or to about 4 min, just by setting other mods so that their events do, or don't kick off, eg DCUR's attacks. 

And if DCUR's periodic events run on a game hour basis, and as one game hour is about 3 minutes real time, and starting the game, adjusting the DCUR settings, fast travel to Winterhold, trigger the xpo arrest takes about 1 minute real time, when the DCUR event starts about 3 min/1 game hour later, and the xpo scan then completes/triggers the end of the arrest, while not an altogether impossible coincidence - I have, eg, recently removed and reinstalled DCUR but not between the last tests - it does tend to feel a bit more than just a mere fluke  :)  

Using DA there is a possibility to be captured by the thalmor, interrogated and eventually "released" into solitude's jail. Is there a way for POP to catch the last part bypass the vanilla jail? I'm not entirely sure how DA Captured do it though, maybe POP will kick in regardless.

@ Inte

I've been ight through my log and married it up to your source psc files.  The delay seems to be caused by xpodynjailvars.psc

You kindly altered that to eliminate the 10 second limit that was built into the original script.  But the impact has been that the scan is now taking much longer than before, in that even the places where the arrest was completing within the 10 secs is now taking just about forever

I've copied the original and revised scripts below.  he revised script shows the original time loop commented out, so I have coloured in only what seem to be the really substantive changes, ie the Bool inclusion and the the Keyword on the scan from SendStoryEvent to SendStoryEvenAndWait,

I wouldn't pretend to know if these are essential, but could that latter change, in particular, be why this seems to slowing things down so much more when compared to the original version?

============

ORIGINAL

Stop()

ArrestKeyword.SendStoryEvent(akLoc = akCrimeLocation)

Int i = 0

While (IsRunning() == False) && (i < 10)

Utility.Wait(1.0)

i += 1

EndWhile

Debug.TraceConditional("xpoDynJailVars: Failed to scan location (" + akCrimeLocation + ")", IsRunning() == False)

Return IsRunning()

EndFunction

=========

REVISED

Stop()

;ArrestKeyword.SendStoryEvent(akLoc = akCrimeLocation)

BOOL bRunning = ArrestKeyword.SendStoryEventAndWait(akLoc = akCrimeLocation)

;Int i = 0

;While (IsRunning() == False) && (i < 10)

;    Utility.Wait(1.0)

;    i += 1

;EndWhile

Debug.TraceConditional("xpoDynJailVars: Failed to scan location (" + akCrimeLocation + ")", !bRunning)

Return bRunning

EndFunction

You are misunderstanding how that function/script works. I've explained this before,

1. The new code initiates the scan and then it waits for it to finish. Now how fast it finishes, like I said before - it depends on how many things are happening in your game at the time, and your computer processing power. For me < 1 sec. For @Punga < 2 sec apparently. For you > 4 min.
  2. The original code initiated the same scan but it gave it 10 sec. to finish. If it finished - great, the arrest continued. If it did not - then the arrest failed. It did not speed up the scan in any way.

One thing that might affect how fast that location scan finishes would be its quest priority (I have left that at whatever @xaz has set it to, I believe it is at 0).

For example,

1. PO starts that quest/location scan with a priority of 0.
  2. While the scan is in progress, say DCL decides to start a rape scene with a priority of 100.
  3. PO's scan is paused until the rape scene finishes.
  4. Then CF decides to also start doing its scans with a priority of 100.
  5. Yup you guessed it, PO will wait for that to finish as well.

Now the common sense convention that nobody seems to follow about quest priorities is this,

1. If the quest is important for your mod/game to function properly, like say a core or a library quest that needs to be loaded right away in order for your mod to determine what is available for use, before initiating all else. That priority should be set high like say, in the 80s.
  2. But for a scan quest, or one that initiates random sex, which really does not affect anything in your mod and/or game*, the priority for that should be set low < 10. This way the game engine will know to 'do it whenever it has some free time' not to 'drop everything' and initiate a sex scene.  
  3. Now quests that should stop something that has gone wrong and if allowing the script to continue will cause game/save corruption/meltdown - those should be set to a priority of 100 to tell the game to 'drop everything and address this'.  

But since nobody adheres to these and they set all their quest priorities to 100, - makes that powerful game feature useless/pointless and helps with corrupted saves, because 3 above never happens in time.

* - But interrupts all other running quests because it is set to a priority of 100 which is just simply rude.   

@ Inte

Apologies if I seem to be spamming your thread, but this is getting worse rather than better  LOL

Does this help maybe to take us any further?

Triggered a guard arrest major crimes @ Winterhold, with DCUR conditions set so as not to interfere.  Got one invalid captor message (to close to the wandering chicken, I think), followed by a valid example

This time it took 16 (sixteen) minutes from arrest to location scan end

6 to 7 minutes in from the start, this appears in the log

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Arrest event did not trigger successfully!

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Captor is ~ Winterhold Guard

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Trigger bounty is ~ 1500.000000

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Override bounty is ~ 1500

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Crime faction is ~

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Cycled 37 times.

[10/21/2016 - 02:38:58PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() Done.

Now that comes  from xpoPatchesMain @ here as affected by the timer/limiter here

ElseIf (iStage == 10)

If (bScnArrest)

iStage = 30

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Arrest scene selected!")

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpopModBounty", iModBounty)    

StorageUtil.SetStringValue(PlayerRef, "xpopCrimeFacEX", sCrimeFac)

xpoMain.Alias_Guard.ForceRefTo(Captor)

xpopArrestQuest.Start()

Else

iStage = 20

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Direct arrest selected!")

xpopArrestPC(Captor, None, iModBounty, sCrimeFac, xpoPatchesPcExtraFees.GetValueInt())

EndIf

ElseIf (iStage == 20)

iStage = 40

If (bPCArested)

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Arrest event triggered successfully!")

Captor.RestoreAV("Health", Captor.GetBaseAV("Health"))

Else

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- Arrest event did not trigger successfully!")

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Captor is ~ " +Captor.GetDisplayName())

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Trigger bounty is ~ " +fExGold)

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Override bounty is ~ " +iModBounty)

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Crime faction is ~ " +sCrimeFac)

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() -- ", "Cycled " +iLimit+ " times.")

EndIf

ElseIf (iStage == 30)

If ((xpopArrestQuest.IsStarting() || xpopArrestQuest.IsRunning()) && !bPCArested && (iLimit < 37))

Wait(11.1)

iLimit += 1

iStage = 30

Else

iStage = 20

EndIf

ElseIf (iStage == 40)

iStage = 200

Can that be looping, and waiting, and maybe causing the lag I'm getting?

And might it also be getting caught up in this? especially as there seems to be a difference between the two sets of similar code

While (iStage < 100)

If (iStage == 0)

If (Captor)

iStage = 10

xpopStopCombat(Captor)

If (iModBounty == 0)

ElseIf (iModBounty == 1)

Else

EndIf

Else

iStage = 20

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Can't find a valid captor ... Exiting!")

EndIf 

which differs from

2 - 'Called from outside POP to incapacitate PC' which I assume should be similar(?) ends(?) differently with

While (iStage < 100)

If (iStage == 0)

iStage = 10

If (Captor == None)

Captor = xpopFindLocalCrimeActor()

EndIf

ElseIf (iStage == 10)

If (Captor)

iStage = 20

xpopStopCombat(Captor)

faPunishFact = xpopGetArrestFaction(Captor)

If (iModBounty < xpo_Config.iMajorCrimeThreshold)

EndIf

Else

iStage = 200

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnPunishPC() - > ", "Can't find a valid master ... exiting!")

EndIf  

Am I getting caught out by any of those, some sort of looping, perhaps?  Would that maybe also get caught up with the initial 'invalid captor' too?

EDIT :  I have tried this again, starting with exactly the same save, modifying the MCM probabilities of a DCUR periodic attack event to be set at 100%, going again to Winterhold, exact same place, same guard, and the game sat still until DCUR initiated an attack, the NPC appeared, put some DDi restraints on the PC, and initiated a SexLab scene.  Simultaneously, the arrest completed, with the log showing the scan complete after 4 minutes flat, but the PC stood arrested, restrained, and didn't participate in the DCUR/Sexlab event.  xpo MCM showed PC as under arrest OK

Log entries were:  

[10/21/2016 - 08:34:28PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():->  Location identified as Windhelm

[10/21/2016 - 08:34:28PM] xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():->  Start scanning location.

[10/21/2016 - 08:34:28PM] xpoDynJailVars: ScanLocation [Location < (00018A57)>]

[10/21/2016 - 08:38:26PM] xpoJailVars: Jail successfully initialized: TRUE

I don't think I'm hallucinating, or imagining this, but the scan is not completing for some reason other than my computer being slow (which it shouldn't be with an i7 and the game running on SSD) :dodgy:

FWIW,

1 - still had to teleport to jail

2 - at least some of the DDi equipped by DCUR (armbinder) didn't get removed, even though the PC was set to get POP INOX equip.  Collar was there OK, but the armbinder still seemed to be in situ, before and after jail punishment, and during start of trek out of the jail with the jail masterto  

Sorry to be a bit of a PITA, but hope some of this helps! :P

Again you have misconstrued that code as well.  For your part 1, yes that is part of the arrest, but it just waits for the arrest scene to finish. For part 2, that has nothing to do with the arrest, yes the code is similar but that is where that ends. That code is part of the punish scene i.e. when you attack the jail Master and he/she will throw some DDs at ya. ^_^

Ok from your log,

1 - No never, that's one of the reasons I stick with 1.59c (that teleport bug came in with v1.6x). It's more stable and animations line up better. I'll look again when SL1.63 comes out as I need to rewrite a bit of DH but there's no point until the new papyrusutil comes out. What version of SL is Donkeywho using as s/he reported the same issue and interestingly also had outstanding bounties under the BH limit

2 - I've never had this issue before it started with 8k. I'm aware of the cleanup routine but that's never caused a problem before, so it this a new routine added in 8k that you're calling

3 - That was after 4 resets. BH's are not spawning in 8i or 8j just 8k

EDIT:

Here's a log from a force restart using 8j. I take your point regarding the cleanup routine as clearly that will show (and does) in this log, nevertheless it is not generating new BH's when I run a reset. A normal log is around 16k so it's the reset only that generates the entries.

I've never noticed any BH's in game either except when I'm being arrested and I have done a *lot* of jail time as you know :) . Going back to the earlier post (and log) using 8k I can't see how that would get me arrested when I was under the BH's limit in any case.

I did wonder myself if it was the older papyrusutils but I'm not convinced it is, or I would have seen this behaviour before as I always manually reset after installing an update (using a cleaned game) and this is the first time ever.

The other thing is that they just materialising, it's not like they are already there (which would make some sense). For each restart a new one materialises until one makes an arrest even though I'm under the BH arrest limit.

I just checked around Riften and in the jail and there are no signs of any BH's with 8j at all btw so it only happens in 8k

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Soz - lots of ninja edits here, I'll stop now and stand in the naughty corner for while :P

I like ninja edits. ^_^

I've tested 8k but cannot duplicate the BHs spawning.

The only thing I've added to the cleanup function in POP 8k was the count for the BHs in the list.

Perhaps you can update just the Papyrus Utilities and see if it still happens?

And it does not happen with the auto update? Are you allowing the auto update to finish?

Because the only difference between the manual and auto update is, the manual one calls the cleanup function twice (I wanted to make sure the BH really, really go away ^_^), and it is using Delete() on the BH, rather than DeleteWhenAble().

The BHs StorageUtil list having 48 BHs in it does not mean you'll see 48 BHs all around Skyrim, it just means that the cleanup function thinks there are, and will try to delete 48 be it non existing BHs instead of just 3, clogging up the pipes that much more.

Also, your last log shows something the matter with SkyUI? You might wanna uninstall clean, and re-install it before your save gets corrupted.

How do you get the gear selection in Devious Devices Equip to be equipped in prison? Sometimes the arresting guard doesn't even use what's loaded in DDe.

I really need some kind of tutorial on this. I'm using POP version 7f by the way for lack of DLC.

It seems I have to use the "queue" option on a custom outfit to get the arresting guard to use it, but then the jailer always changes it back to default.

The default gear shackles(XX0490E6) are invisible, so I need the replacement.

POP 7f huh? ;)

The jailer is not using DDe outfits in the cell. Post POP 8i the DDe outfits are being used during the parade tho.

If the shackles are invisible, there is a problem with your ZaZ AP install. Uninstall, clean, re-download, re-install. If using MO, also check your settings.

Again you have misconstrued that code as well.  For your part 1, yes that is part of the arrest, but it just waits for the arrest scene to finish. For part 2, that has nothing to do with the arrest, yes the code is similar but that is where that ends. That code is part of the punish scene i.e. when you attack the jail Master and he/she will throw some DDs at ya. ^_^

Thanks for all that.  It certainly helps clarify the issue of priorities.  I presume what you mean, in practical terms, is that one mod kicking off something is probably bumping another off to one side for long enough to let the scan finish?  Do priorities get affected at all by where in the load order xpo / xpo patches sit? 

Otherwise, I know that I'm not really sure about what I'm looking at :blush:, but I maybe didn't make myself particularly clear on one of the points I raised.  I know they do different things, :) but for the code shown in red, should that possibly be

iStage = 200

If it should be, (and that would seem be consistent with what is elsewhere) would setting it at that have prevented me going round that loop with the 11 sec wait 37 times, and reporting that it had done so about 6 min after the start of the arrest?   Or am I still looking for something else as the cause of that?

While (iStage < 100)

If (iStage == 0)

If (Captor)

iStage = 10

xpopStopCombat(Captor)

If (iModBounty == 0)

ElseIf (iModBounty == 1)

Else

EndIf

Else

iStage = 20

EndIf

Tyvm again for taking the trouble to look at my burblings

I'm getting to the stage where the choices are either to go back a few versions and try again, or do a complete remove / clean / reinstall, or maybe just take xPO/Patches out of this particular game altogether