Again you have misconstrued that code as well.  For your part 1, yes that is part of the arrest, but it just waits for the arrest scene to finish. For part 2, that has nothing to do with the arrest, yes the code is similar but that is where that ends. That code is part of the punish scene i.e. when you attack the jail Master and he/she will throw some DDs at ya. ^_^

Thanks for all that.  It certainly helps clarify the issue of priorities.  I presume what you mean, in practical terms, is that one mod kicking off something is probably bumping another off to one side for long enough to let the scan finish?  Do priorities get affected at all by where in the load order xpo / xpo patches sit? 

Otherwise, I know that I'm not really sure about what I'm looking at :blush:, but I maybe didn't make myself particularly clear on one of the points I raised.  I know they do different things, :) but for the code shown in red, should that possibly be

iStage = 200

If it should be, (and that would seem be consistent with what is elsewhere) would setting it at that have prevented me going round that loop with the 11 sec wait 37 times, and reporting that it had done so about 6 min after the start of the arrest?   Or am I still looking for something else as the cause of that?

1- 'Called from outside PO to arrest PC' runs with  different code ... at red

While (iStage < 100)

If (iStage == 0)

If (Captor)

iStage = 10

xpopStopCombat(PlayerRef)

xpopStopCombat(Captor)

If (iModBounty == 0)

iModBounty = xpo_Config.iMinorCrimeThreshold

ElseIf (iModBounty == 1)

iModBounty = xpo_Config.iMajorCrimeThreshold

ElseIf ((iModBounty < 0) || (iModBounty >= xpo_Config.iMinorCrimeThreshold))

Else

iModBounty += xpo_Config.iMajorCrimeThreshold

EndIf

Else

iStage = 20

xpopLog("xpoPatchesMain.::. xpoOnArrestPC() - > Can't find a valid captor ... Exiting!")

EndIf

Tyvm again for taking the trouble to look at my burblings

I'm getting to the stage where the choices are either to go back a few versions and try again, or do a complete remove / clean / reinstall, or maybe just take xPO/Patches out of this particular game altogether

Nope.

At stage 20 it just displays some info why the arrest failed - for easier troubleshooting. The next stage after 20 is 40 which skips 30 (the looping stage). So you never loop 37 times.

That loop does not hold the arrest scene back, it is more of a safety to get out of that loop if something went wrong. Without it, the loop could conceivably loop forever ... and ever.

As far as the priorities go, they decide what quest has ... well priority, should 2 or more quests request run time from the game engine and are not influenced by the load order.

Load order only affects what properties supersede when everything is loaded. Last loaded will win.  

The bounty no longer removed if all witnesses are killed. Is this intentional? Or is it a bug in my game?

POP does not modify that.

Just my save, then. Thanks. :)

Where does it happen?

POP 7f huh? wink.png

The jailer is not using DDe outfits in the cell. Post POP 8i the DDe outfits are being used during the parade tho.

If the shackles are invisible, there is a problem with your ZaZ AP install. Uninstall, clean, re-download, re-install. If using MO, also check your settings.

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

I did have issues downloading ZaZ so I guess that could have been it, but what settings for MO should I check?

I don't use MO. You might want to ask @Morferous about that one.

Could you please use the

tag? You are slowly triggering me.

Triggering?

Correct usage is (code) at the start and (/code) at the end. Use [ ] instead of ( ).

The auto is added automatically.

I know, that's why the auto was added automatically to my post as well. I'm just asking to put the code in between bbcode tags. Even though it sucks for code review.

The bounty no longer removed if all witnesses are killed. Is this intentional? Or is it a bug in my game?

Just my save, then. Thanks. :)

Where does it happen?

Everywhere.

edit: or, at least, the three places I tried to kill off witnesses, none anywhere near any of the others

Thanks Inte

I still don't understand why it doesn't happen with 8j but maybe that's just an imponderable.

The auto reset is completing (you can't see the MCM until it does in any case). I can't remember if it triggers a BH or not.

I was wondering about the SKI references though they only seem to happen with the xpo call. I'll reinstall Skyui though just in case as clearly they shouldn't be there unless they're something odd in papyrusutils.

I'll do the following though

1/ Install papryrusutil 32 and test

2/ Reinstall Skyui if the SKI errors are still there

3/ If the problem is still there I'll rollback

4/ Reinstall Skyui

5/ Start a new game and test

6/ Install papyrusutils 32 if it still happens.

More ninja edits - loverly

I'll also check back on some earlier games as this one's been hacked about a lot now so may have corrupted. TBH the SKI script errors worry me more than the BH's as that's also showing in my game loader at the LAL start cell.

Test Results

It's nothing to do with papyrusutils, I get the same with v32 but I think I know why you can't reproduce it - more on that later

The first tests I did was to just update papyrusutil to v32 and check the logs in the start cell as you can see (and much to my relief) there isn't a Skyui problem. I'm not sure why it's giving an error using v28, probably it's indirect referencing or something.

Here are the two logs in the start cell so you can see (and there's more goodies to come :) )

pap28pop8jPapyrus.0.log  pap32pop8jPapyrus.0.log

Now to the fun part as my game had moved on from the last test I coc'd back to Riften and set the gamehour to 20 where it had been roughly before to get similar circumstances. The BH appeared again for both versions of papyrusutil (v28 and v32) and I've added the logs below and a screenie from pap v32. I did not have to run a force reset, this happens when the mod resets automatically on install.

pap28pop8kPapyrus.0.log pap32pop8kPapyrus.0.log

post-237718-0-28311600-1477145521_thumb.jpg

But here comes the kicker but I need to run another test as proof, this only occurs using a cleaned save. Initially I did a dirty install (removed old DDE and POP and installed new versions without cleaning) and there were no BH's spawned which might be why only some of us are getting this problem.

I'll just recheck the dirty install but that looks to be part of the issue

EDIT:

Scratch that theory, just tried with a dirty install and got the BH again he was just at a different spot :(

Dunno, it's perplexing but it's definitely not the papyrusutils versions at least we know that much so I'm still wondering if it's something to do with the outstadning bounties. I've attached a mod list just in case that's of any help though I doubt it will be

plugins.txt

I'll also run a test with all the outstanding bounties at zero

Yet another EDIT:

I tested with no bounties and it still happens

Tested in a different location (Whiterun) and still the same. I did notice that the BH literally materialises out of thin air, it just suddenly appears in front of me.

I'm out of ideas now so I'll stick with 8j as updating papyrusutils doesn't help

@Slorm,

Say you load a save that has 8k already on it, then you manually reset it - does still happen?

It might only happen once when going from 8j to 8k?

Nope, afraid not :(

I did two tests took a save after 8k was running and BH present and another where I had deleted the BH

Came out of Skyrim entirely

Restarted and loaded

POP - reset

In both case another BH appeared in front of me (tested in Whiterun)

EDIT:

Real ling shot, it's not something to do with moving the factions from POP to DDE is it (as both mods are being updated together)

Is it normal that a PO Bounty Hunter is chilling in whiterun, on top of the entrance's barracks?

BHs hang out in Whiterun, yes.

@Slorm,

Say you load a save that has 8k already on it, then you manually reset it - does still happen?

It might only happen once when going from 8j to 8k?

Nope, afraid not :(

I did two tests took a save after 8k was running and BH present and another where I had deleted the BH

Came out of Skyrim entirely

Restarted and loaded

POP - reset

In both case another BH appeared in front of me (tested in Whiterun)

EDIT:

Real ling shot, it's not something to do with moving the factions from POP to DDE is it (as both mods are being updated together)

I don't see how, but does it still happen without DDe?

I've not tried without it, I was just throwing out guesses. I'll check it out tomorrow, it's nearly midnight here.

I just noticed this as well but I think it may be a change in USLEEP. I was in process of dispatching Betild when rather tiresomely she noticed me. A guard appeared and I killed them both but still had quite a bounty on my head even though everyone was dead.

EDIT:

I was in Betilds house btw not outside

@ Inte

Thanks for persevering with me over the last few days.  Finally got this fixed!!! :shy:   The best clue was actually in your advice on priorities, most of my initial guesses having been pretty much rubbish.

FWIW, in case of use to anyone else, here's the cause, effect, and solution

I tried a whole heap of other attempts, in varying scenarios, without the arrest completing, but the bottom line was that all were failing in the xpoDynJailVars scanning process, other than when another mod's events could be forced to intervene, eg DCUR's, at which point the game would inevitably complete the scan, the arrest would happen, and chaos then break out as the intervening mod and xpo competed against each other for the PC' attention.  (Well, you could put it like that, but a more accurate description might be to see which mod could find the most devious way of entertaining them ;) )

This brought the problem down to the location scanning 'SendStoryEventAndWait' code.  Looking more generally at what might cause problems for, or in the use of, that function, I found a very helpful reference here ....

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/932322-sendstoryeventandwait-not-returning-either-true-or-false-what-can-it-mean-clone-topic-from-bethsoft/

... which shows how you can set, in SkyrimPrefs.ini, bEnableStoryManagerLogging=1 (from 0 as it is by default), and then check the latest 'StoryManager' log generated in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\logs\StoryManager

It was obvious that this log was being absolutely overwhelmed by calls from the 'Hydra SDlavegirls' mod, and it was when those got bumped by the likes of DCUR intervening, that was when the xpoDynJailVars scan would complete.  And as DCUR had got started already, the DCUR scene and the xpo scene would then both try to run simultaneously (DCUR is much better mannered than that if xpop is already running :) , bugging out if it is)

So on removing the multi headed 'Hydra' mod, cleaning my save, and then, after a couple of simple tests out in the sticks, I popped my PC into the centre of Whiterun Market to test it all, with XPOP scenes enabled and follower in tow.  The log below shows that the whole thing ran instantly!  :lol:

[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] Info: xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():-> TriggerArrest by Whiterun Guard with 833 non-violent and 787 violent crime gold.
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] Info: xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():-> TriggerArrest faction was set to Whiterun.
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Whiterun Guard) -- TRUE -- HIT
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars GetLocFromFaction
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJail: GetLocFromFaction() returned index 5 corresponding to Whiterun
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] Info: xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():->  Location identified as Whiterun
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] Info: xpoPatches.::. xpoMain.TriggerArrest():->  Start scanning location.
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoDynJailVars: ScanLocation [Location < (00018A56)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoDynJailVars: City centre - [ObjectReference < (00029AAF)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoDynJailVars: Cell door - [JailDoorScript < (000A7618)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoDynJailVars: Belongings chest - [ObjectReference < (000267E8)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoDynJailVars: Follower - Kari
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Scanned [Location < (00018A56)>](Whiterun).
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: ---------------------------------------------
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Dynamic scanning results
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: CellDoor - [JailDoorScript < (000A7618)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: EvidenceChest - [ObjectReference < (000267E8)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: OutsidePrison - [ObjectReference < (00029AAF)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: FollowerRef - [Actor < (9F08E345)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Pillories - [[ObjectReference < (4F03A901)>], [ObjectReference < (4F03A902) >], None, None, None]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Cages - [None, None, None]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Parade Markers - [[ObjectReference < (4F058460)>], [ObjectReference < (4F058462)>], [ObjectReference < (4F058461)>], [ObjectReference < (4F05845F)>], None]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: ---------------------------------------------
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Static override complete
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: CellDoor - [JailDoorScript < (000A7618)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: EvidenceChest - [ObjectReference < (000267E8)>]
[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] xpoJailVars: Jail successfully initialized: TRUE

StoryManager's log shows this

[10/23/2016 - 05:32:33PM] ---Quest 'xpoDynJailVars' passed (ate event)

And as a by product my whole game might run better.... :shy:

So the multi faceted moral to this tale is

1 - DON'T run xpo/patches alongside Hydra Slavegirls  :dodgy:

2 - Inte's modding is awesome :P

3 - Be prepared to eat humble pie when necessary.  I've now got a weight problem.... :blush:

tyvm again