Is it normal that a PO Bounty Hunter is chilling in whiterun, on top of the entrance's barracks?

BHs hang out in Whiterun, yes.

@Slorm,

Say you load a save that has 8k already on it, then you manually reset it - does still happen?

It might only happen once when going from 8j to 8k?

Nope, afraid not :(

I did two tests took a save after 8k was running and BH present and another where I had deleted the BH

Came out of Skyrim entirely

Restarted and loaded

POP - reset

In both case another BH appeared in front of me (tested in Whiterun)

EDIT:

Real ling shot, it's not something to do with moving the factions from POP to DDE is it (as both mods are being updated together)

I don't see how, but does it still happen without DDe?

Can you change the PO Bounty Hunters to simply be titled Bounty Hunter instead?

The bounty no longer removed if all witnesses are killed. Is this intentional? Or is it a bug in my game?

POP does not modify that.

Arthmoor has confirmed (USLEEP) the issue with the bounties remaining after the witnesses have been killed is apparently an internal engine bug, so something we just have to live with

I did not know about the story manager logging. :blush: Thanks, I will use that in my future bug hunting.

Since I don't run HS if someone else can confirm the incapability I can add that next to SW.  

@Inte

Glad to have added to the great pile of knowledge, then  :)  Hope you find good use for it.

Some very quick queries/suggestions

For pillory etc adventures, does Xpop's participant selection also sweep up and include 'Follower mod NPCs' in the vicinity?  I can't remember ever seeing any of those using a broom, or anything else, to good effect on the prisoners.  If not, is there any way of doing that without undue overhead in your own input requirement - it's only icing on the cake - or overall mod script load and timing?

Secondly, I have always thought that the max no of days in prison is randomised, to be between 1 and the figure set, so that the PC prisoner can't be sure what will be applied.  Is that a correct assumption?

If so, while that adds a degree or randomness to the sentence, for Patch 8 Lord Love a Duck, is there any way of also adding some randomness to the penalties in the pillory and the prison?  Hardcore tends to get a bit 'samey' if you can set your watch by the good upright guards and citizens' frequency of perv.  :shy:    I had in mind the ability to set a min and max period between events to spice things up a little. 

And are PC and follower simultaneous, maybe even overlapping, pillory adventures possible?  ;).  Two bushes in the two hands of two birds could be, proverbially speaking, quite funny :)  

I'd probably call time out on the jailer announcements of a 'roll up, roll up' nature though...   Or would I?   :P 

1. Only followers arrested with the prisoner, and all other NPCs.
  2. Max No. of days depend on the bounty size. Configurable in the MCM.
  3. Frequency chances for punishments also configurable in the MCM.
  4. The period between events also configurable in the MCM.
  5. Not sure what you mean, but if a pillory threesome - there are no animations for that.  

@ Inte

Sorry, I don't think what I wrote in those suggestions was very clear.  The misplaced humour does get in the road  :)

1. Only followers arrested with the prisoner, and all other NPCs.

-What I mean is that if the PC is in the pillory in, say, Whiterun, guards and other citizens will pay the guard to have fun.  

-I have not yet seen any of the NPCs from any of my follower mods downloaded from Nexus pay the jailer.  They all wander round the square, and pose on nearby idle markers, but don't seem to join in.

-Are they not included in the NPCs xpop selects to participate in the fun scenes, or is it just chance that I haven't yet seen them join in?

1. Max No. of days depend on the bounty size. Configurable in the MCM.

-OK, thanks.  I now understand what 'Bounty to Days' means, and does!  :blush:

1. Frequency chances for punishments also configurable in the MCM.
  2. The period between events also configurable in the MCM.

-OK, for Prison and Pillory, I do understand that the chance of any of the set punishments happening can be adjusted

-What I meant was, that for both Prison and Pillory, can the TIME BETWEEN these happening be both intermittent, and random?   Sure, you can set them to happen every in game hour, or whatever fixed periodic value you choose, but it's potentially a bit boring if the timing is almost totally predictable.  

-So is there any way of randomising events?  Or number of events per day?

-FWIW, I've attached a little spreadsheet showing how you could randomise the 'pillory event'. 

It would need only a max number per day set in in MCM, (and possibly an option to chose random times as opposed to the present fixed interval option.)

No Minimum value, only a max (which should not exceed the number of 'periods' into which you split your 'pillory day'). 

Actual number of events generated would then be, on the basis of this my calculation here, from about 1 to the max chosen (I had to weight the random selection a little to ensure events were spread over the whole day), so it's unlikely to return zero events for the day. 

To use the spreadsheet, just input the max number of events (here 16 or less) in the yellow box at Cell F5.  Hit F9 a few times to recalculate it to change the number and incidence of events generated and you should be able to see fairly easily how the number and distribution of events could be randomised. 

I've included the 'logic', but I'm sure you'd improve on that if you did code it up :shy:

1. Not sure what you mean, but if a pillory threesome - there are no animations for that.  

No, definitely NOT intending a threesome!  :exclamation:

-What I meant was that if you have both the PC and a follower in the pillories in, say, Whiterun, I have not seen a scene take place where they were both being played with, at the same time, by two different NPCs, who had each paid the jailer to do so.  

-Think of a bit like two friends, wandering into the square, and deciding that they both wanted to play, one with the PC and the other with the follower.  Each would pay the jailer, and play after payment. - or if you were really ambitious, one could pay for both and they could both start at the same time.  Alternatively, it might be two inebriated citizens coming out of the Bannered Mare together, looking for a bit of fun on the way home   :P

-Maybe that can really happen, but I haven't seen it so far.  All I have seen is a sequential process of an NPC paying the jailer, playing with the PC or follower and the scene ends.  After it has ended, then another NPC pays the jailer and starts another scene, with either the PC or follower, and then that ends.  I have not seen a second NPC start a simultaneous scene before the immediately prior one ended.  

-So is it possible to make two scenes run at the same time - allowing for the jailer needing paid before the second one starts?

EDIT.  Ooops! :blush:  I forgot that I had added columns and rows to the spreadsheet to help the formatting.  The hardcopied text in cells D15 and B25 should be, as it appears in Cell H15...

=IF(AND(H7>0,H7<=max),IF(AND(RAND()<(max/H12),RAND()>0.5),1,0))

.... this being copied 'relative' across Row 15

/slaps back of hand with ruler

161024 Randomising Events.xlsx

Had an idea the other day.

Would it be possible to have some generic "prisoner" NPC's following the same settings picked in the MCM?  That way, when the Player isn't in trouble, we still get to experience the pillory and possibly the jail cell being used?  Even better if we could pay the Jailer to have a turn with the prisoners, just like NPC's do when we're in the pillory.

Mainly the reason behind the idea is just to add life to the game in a way that makes sense.  We may be the only character with free will, but Skyrim's not an entirely peaceful place.  I think it'd be interesting, if nothing else, to see some generic prisoners going through the same punishments.  Plus, it'd provide a dangerous, though useful, time to sneak around and steal stuff if everyone's watching some poor sap getting torn up in the pillory.

I know, it'd probably mean another MCM option to switch that on and off, because some people wouldn't want that, but... it's an idea.

Also have to admit, I'm liking the random bounty mechanic with selecting a hold to just raise the bounty there.  Wish I could choose more holds, but... I can work with one.  It's not quite to the level of "Adjust the chance for the holds on an individual basis" but it's better.  If I could select which holds I wanted in the list of randomization, rather than fully random or one hold only, it'd be perfect.

(Basically, I'd set it so that holds on the other side of the Civil War slowly generate bounty, while holds on my side of the Civil War don't randomly generate bounties at all.  I'm comfortable doing manual selections, but for now, I've got it just set up so that the main location, the one you'd fight the last battle of the Civil War in, is the one that's getting chances, every two days, to build bounty.)

Still need to get around to updating to 8K, mostly because I'd just updated to 8J and gotten things fired up and all my settings reconfigured when 8K dropped.

@ Inte

BTW, finding out what was causing my problems with xpo and removing them has made a noticeable difference to my game, in that it seems to run much more smoothly now than previously, so thanks again for the help

And, FWIW, I think Madrias' idea....

ie Would it be possible to have some generic "prisoner" NPC's following the same settings picked in the MCM?  That way, when the Player isn't in trouble, we still get to experience the pillory and possibly the jail cell being used?  Even better if we could pay the Jailer to have a turn with the prisoners, just like NPC's do when we're in the pillory

.... is really good.  The place would come alive, in a positively medievil way ...(and that, misspelled, pun was intended :P )

@ Inte

BTW, finding out what was causing my problems with xpo and removing them has made a noticeable difference to my game, in that it seems to run much more smoothly now than previously, so thanks again for the help

And, FWIW, I think Madrias' idea....

ie Would it be possible to have some generic "prisoner" NPC's following the same settings picked in the MCM?  That way, when the Player isn't in trouble, we still get to experience the pillory and possibly the jail cell being used?  Even better if we could pay the Jailer to have a turn with the prisoners, just like NPC's do when we're in the pillory

.... is really good.  The place would come alive, in a positively medievil way ...(and that, misspelled, pun was intended :P )

I like this idea.  Maybe some kind of punishment schedule, or punishment that could be prompted by paying one of the Jarl's household or that guard who chills at the jail entrance, to keep the scripts down.

Can you activate things?

Immediately after release it will take however long your POP refresh rate is in the MCM for your game tabs to reactivate and to be able to activate things. 

My refresh rate is set to 3 seconds . I can interact with crafting stations, open doors /chest. I can access the map and fast travel. My quest and general stat tabs are still greyed out though. I have a save from before the first arrest, where i can access everything, and one after, where it seems to be bugged ..

Edited .. the debug section has all xpo values the same EXCEPT for jailvars is N in the bugged and Y in the working save; bounty is Y in the bugged and N in the working; and dynjailvars is Y in the bugged and N in the working; 

possibly i have some settings wrong, or dont know how the mod functions entirely? Any help would be great, thanks!

@ Inte

By and large this now seems pretty stable, thanks

Reporting a 'possible' bug, which I don't remember mentioned elsewhere by anyone else

When PC and follower are both in Whiterun pillories, on an NPC initiating an episode of fun with my PC, the follower often gets ejected from their other stocks, turns 90 deg, facing away from PC, moves almost over the top of the burning fire, and goes down on one knee.  Then, when whatever has caused that stops, they go back into the pillory pose, but still at the same place, ie closer to the NPC and at 90 degree to them.  After the NPC finishes with the PC, sometimes the follower and pillory revert to their original place and pose, but they often stay where they are.  If an NPC then pays for the follower's services, the action for that takes place, with pillory, follower and NPC all at that 90deg offset.  End of that scene, and the follower and pillory snap back to original location. 

It's not the end of the world, and I really only mentioned it because it can mess up the jailer movements.  Although seeing the jailer getting whipped, instead of the PC, because they can't move out of the road has a degree of delicious irony :shy:

Any idea, please, what could cause that?  Am I looking for another mod interrupting possibly, or is this a known issue? 

And had you any thoughts on the randomisation etc suggestions? 

No rush on any of that

TIA for any help

Are you supposed automatically get all of your stuff back, just teleported to your inventory, when you escape?

I escaped through the hole in the cell wall in Solitude and was about to get my stuff back from the prisoner belongings chest but noticed that it was empty,

then checked my inventory and saw that i already had my stuff.

@ Inte

By and large this now seems pretty stable, thanks

Reporting a 'possible' bug, which I don't remember mentioned elsewhere by anyone else

When PC and follower are both in Whiterun pillories, on an NPC initiating an episode of fun with my PC, the follower often gets ejected from their other stocks, turns 90 deg, facing away from PC, moves almost over the top of the burning fire, and goes down on one knee.  Then, when whatever has caused that stops, they go back into the pillory pose, but still at the same place, ie closer to the NPC and at 90 degree to them.  After the NPC finishes with the PC, sometimes the follower and pillory revert to their original place and pose, but they often stay where they are.  If an NPC then pays for the follower's services, the action for that takes place, with pillory, follower and NPC all at that 90deg offset.  End of that scene, and the follower and pillory snap back to original location. 

It's not the end of the world, and I really only mentioned it because it can mess up the jailer movements.  Although seeing the jailer getting whipped, instead of the PC, because they can't move out of the road has a degree of delicious irony :shy:

Any idea, please, what could cause that?  Am I looking for another mod interrupting possibly, or is this a known issue? 

And had you any thoughts on the randomisation etc suggestions? 

No rush on any of that

TIA for any help

Hmm, never had that happen before, a SS perhaps?

Randomization probably not going to happen. A lot of code changes (at least for the way you designed it).

I could do a interval range in the MCM i.e. a min and a max time between punishments - and choose randomly within that,  e.g. you could set the min to 1 hr and max to 4 hrs and it will pick a random number between the two.  

Are you supposed automatically get all of your stuff back, just teleported to your inventory, when you escape?

I escaped through the hole in the cell wall in Solitude and was about to get my stuff back from the prisoner belongings chest but noticed that it was empty,

then checked my inventory and saw that i already had my stuff.

Good point, no you should not get your stuff back automatically when you escape, I'll look into it.

The hole in the wall ... you say?

EDIT: Fixed!

@Inte

Do you have a StorageUtil variable or something like that I can use to check and see if POP is in a scene?

I can already check for "busy in sexlab scene", but for example, something like... player is in your cage, or in your pillory. Anything where Shout Like a Virgin should not interrupt with dialogue, or various encounters. Or maybe just where I can check if player is in Jail and avoid doing anything the entire time. Kimy said DCL checks for something and I'd like to implement similar.

@Inte

Do you have a StorageUtil variable or something like that I can use to check and see if POP is in a scene?

I can already check for "busy in sexlab scene", but for example, something like... player is in your cage, or in your pillory. Anything where Shout Like a Virgin should not interrupt with dialogue, or various encounters. Or maybe just where I can check if player is in Jail and avoid doing anything the entire time. Kimy said DCL checks for something and I'd like to implement similar.

These get set,

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCArrestStart", 1) 

when the arrest scene starts - as of POP 8m.

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCArrested", 1) 

on successful arrest.

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCinJail", 1) 

when in jail.

They all get set to 0 when free.

There are also ModEvents being sent on each scene start while in jail, see OP for those. The above are the easiest to check tho.

@Inte

I can already check for "busy in sexlab scene", but for example, something like... player is in your cage, or in your pillory. Anything where Shout Like a Virgin should not interrupt with dialogue, or various encounters. Or maybe just where I can check if player is in Jail and avoid doing anything the entire time. Kimy said DCL checks for something and I'd like to implement similar.

These get set,

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCArrestStart", 1) 

when the arrest scene starts - as of POP 8m.

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCArrested", 1) 

on successful arrest.

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(PlayerRef, "xpoPCinJail", 1) 

when in jail.

They all get set to 0 when free.

There are also ModEvents being sent on each scene start while in jail, see OP for those. The above are the easiest to check tho.

Thanks. So if I want to not interrupt from arrest starting till freed from jail I could just check just xpoPCArrestStart since it would stay set to 1 the whole time. Correct?

And if I want to support before 8m then I should check xpoPCArrested also.

I'm confused on the version 8m though... looks like the latest version is 8k.

Hmm, never had that happen before, a SS perhaps?

Pls forgive my ignorance.  :blush:  What's a 'SS'?

Randomization probably not going to happen. A lot of code changes (at least for the way you designed it).

I could do a interval range in the MCM i.e. a min and a max time between punishments - and choose randomly within that,  e.g. you could set the min to 1 hr and max to 4 hrs and it will pick a random number between the two.  

My efforts were merely illustrative (but it was fun to do!) and I can now well understand why could be awkward to do!   Your, much simpler, suggestion sounds good!  FWIW, would your random number include a return of 0 (ZERO) ?   If it could, you would never be sure what will happen...  :P   But I'd just be very grateful for the variation, so there's no worries if it couldn't!