On 1/27/2019 at 7:56 AM, Slorm said:

No probs if it's not doing any harm, thought it best to check. I'm not even sure what it's supposed to do but I'm assuming it's this

That's correct, it does no harm. 

This was using a cleaned save (I always clean before upgrading)

If it is on a clean save, then it is definitely a bug. 

Ah... that explains a lot. I always start with a cleaned game and also reset the game save number back to 0001 so I save it fairly quickly though always after the POP Ready message appears on screen. Saving quickly after loading can also happen if you say load a game in a dungeon and quickly come to a door and save just in case there's something nasty on the other side. Sounds like a good idea to remove it for normal play as it is a bit of an accident waiting to happen, or otherwise maybe put a screen message up warning the player not to save for the next minute or so. (or a message when it is safe to save).

For POP 4.03 I've removed the lockout for normal load (no update) so you can save as soon as you see 'POP Ready'. For an update load I've reduced the lockout to 20 sec. So 20 sec. after you see 'POP Install Successful' you can save. 

Having said that, I still don't think it is a good idea to save within 2 min. of loading a save where a mod is updating. POP aside, I am sure you have other (less verbose) mods that need some time to update.   

EDIT: Something else just came to mind. Personally, I don't use autosaves but for those that do just going through a door/cell change can trigger a save, so a couple of back and forths in that first minute or so could possibly leave them with problem saves

You really should not go through doors and/or trigger a save until all your mods finished loading. The game will save all unfinished/running processes and reload them when you load that save so technically it should be OK, but why chase it? This is Skyrim after all.  

On 1/27/2019 at 8:23 AM, worik said:
  • It is safe to quicksave AFTER "POP Ready"
  • it is unsafe to quicksave BEFORE "POP Ready"

It's OK to save,

After 'POP Ready'

As of POP 4.03, 20 sec. after 'POP Install Successful' 

2 hours ago, phillipswilliam92 said:

This may be a dum question but what exactly dos this mod do?

Expands the crime punishment system in Skyrim, based on bounty. You no longer sleep over the sentence. Guards and jailers give the punishment, with the help of citizens.

Everything can be configured from MCM. This includes bounty to days and other features. You can even disable punishments you do not want, or select animations by tags.

4 hours ago, preserotri said:

so for me, I'm CTD'ing when loading my save with 4.03 and SUM 1.03, loading my save with just 3.60 works just fine, is it only me?

Same, i get an instant (no delay) CTD when i try to load my save.

I just "upgraded" from the older 3 version (clean uninstall and clean save).

Saved in qasmoke.

Update: WTF, i just enabled logging in skyrim.ini to find out what is wrong and now it loads... But the mod wont start and the MCM does not show up at all... and the log is literally 10000 lines of xpo errors... and it just crashed... sigh

Update2: No chance getting 4.x to work. I just carefully tried to cleanly uninstall and prepare a clean save for 4.x but as soon as I try to load the game with 4.x enabled it just immediately crashes.

My guess is its the old strings in Papyrus data table 3 that cant be removed by any kind of save cleaning (thats just how the skyrim saves work) which are somehow not compatible with 4.x. These are the only things that are left over from POP 3.6 after i cleaned it.

New game works but i will absolutely not start another new game sigh...

14 hours ago, Inte said:

You really should not go through doors and/or trigger a save until all your mods finished loading. The game will save all unfinished/running processes and reload them when you load that save so technically it should be OK, but why chase it? This is Skyrim after all.  

That's what I use the POP Ready prompt for, once I see that I'm good to go. I've never had a problem using it as an indicator.

Thanks for the updates :classic_smile:, I'm having to do some work tonight but I'll get them installed tomorrow though it's be the weekend before I have a chance to use them properly

14 hours ago, generalzod7 said:

Something is up with my prison overhaul when I get arrested  and put in restraimns the guard just keeps my character in the city and doesn't take me to jail or for my punishement so I don't know wats wrong 

to check if it's only the scene that got stuck and not the whole POP try:

> POP MCM, debug (?), choose "skip player scene"(?)

this should teleport you right to prison where the jailor takes over or continues with the next POP scene

> you could try to reset the AI via SUM

> if it happend during the transfer to prison after the arrest scene you could try and use "skip walk" to prison (in POP MCM), should teleport you to that jailor right away

depending on other mods you have installed the guard might got distracted, for example if he wants to force greet you triggered by another mod while POP scene is running

or you have a city overhaul that makes it hard for the guard to find the path to prison

16 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

sorry, just pulling your leg^^

tell your friend he could try to use the debug functions in POP to see if POP got stuck or just the arrest scene or the transfer to prison

No problem, sorry, rough day with my own problems with my MCM still not showing up :(

For some reason my MCM never shows up, despite SUM confirming that it's loaded. Same problem on POP 4.01, 4.02 and 4.03. setstage Ski_instancemanager doesnt help, reloading neither.

But since it's loading for other people it has to be on my end. What circumstances could hinder the MCM from loading?

1 hour ago, generalzod7 said:

when i load the game it says registration failed pop needs to reset

I had the same issue with POP 4.02

It works now with POP 4.03, if you update, don't forget to update all other POP/Inte related mods (SUM,DDe) too.

If you update on a running game you need to make a clean save before updating (I guess, check what Inte wrote about that on the mod description)

7 hours ago, verydarknut said:

For some reason my MCM never shows up, despite SUM confirming that it's loaded. Same problem on POP 4.01, 4.02 and 4.03. setstage Ski_instancemanager doesnt help, reloading neither.

But since it's loading for other people it has to be on my end. What circumstances could hinder the MCM from loading?

Most likely is that some OTHER mod you have before this mod in your load order is defective and is not returning an expected response to the MCM code so it's not letting the mods after it in the load order create their menus.

@Inte

Sorry Inte but there is something seriously wrong with the new routines, this report is for the latest v03 versions of SUM, POP and DDE

I was not able to test POP as both SUM and DDE will not show the MCM menus in my main game. The trick I used before to save then reload did not work this time either and I tried multiple times just to be sure. This test was on a cleaned main game pc in Solitude. (screenies below)

However I was able to to get the MCM menus to appear in my cleaned game loader (in LAL starter cell) however I noticed that there were no initialisation notifications at the top left of the screen, but all the MCM options appear to be listed.

I'll revert back to the .02 versions for now

Spoiler

ScreenShot245.jpg.aa855a068c3a52bc5c484094c3e68ad0.jpg

ScreenShot246.jpg.48e7e4144ada980cdc24424a67944712.jpg

EDIT: It's getting a bit late now but looking at the three mods the changes to SUM/DDE only seem to be the startup changes which are causing the current problem, so I'll try POP v4.03 with the SUM/DDE .02 versions but it'll be tomorrow now