The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

So... moving on, I'm a little disappointed by how few sex scenes there are.

Wasn't there an interview earlier with a dev saying there were like hours worth of animation or something like that? I've just found out you can only really have sex with a handful of characters, and so far I've seen the same animations used over and over again, and even the Keira Metz scene was recycled too. Just got blocked by Rosa, which was a little disappointing given the way the quest was headed. And besides the main characters and like 1-2 other people + prostitutes, doesn't seem like Geralt will be getting much action this time round. As an LL regular, this saddens me :(

Honestly... for someone who is currently making a pretty damn perverted sexlab mod I have to say the sex scenes in Witcher did not at all interest me.

they were fine, honest, varied too but for some reason uncomfortable to watch. I really dont know, maybe its because I got to know the characters and so on versus the skyrim nameless and faceless NPCs.

btw does anyone know where the fat demon (not the red one) and the vampire in Novigrad is? I think I have pretty much finished every single thing in Novigrad and still have not seen either of them. If you dont know what I am talking about check out the IGN or Gamespot review.

Honestly... for someone who is currently making a pretty damn perverted sexlab mod I have to say the sex scenes in Witcher did not at all interest me.

they were fine, honest, varied too but for some reason uncomfortable to watch. I really dont know, maybe its because I got to know the characters and so on versus the skyrim nameless and faceless NPCs.

btw does anyone know where the fat demon (not the red one) and the vampire in Novigrad is? I think I have pretty much finished every single thing in Novigrad and still have not seen either of them. If you dont know what I am talking about check out the IGN or Gamespot review.

What fat demon? The one the poses as a god? If so he is in No Man's Land somewhere. I think he is near "Destroyed Bastion".

So... moving on, I'm a little disappointed by how few sex scenes there are.

Wasn't there an interview earlier with a dev saying there were like hours worth of animation or something like that? I've just found out you can only really have sex with a handful of characters, and so far I've seen the same animations used over and over again, and even the Keira Metz scene was recycled too. Just got blocked by Rosa, which was a little disappointing given the way the quest was headed. And besides the main characters and like 1-2 other people + prostitutes, doesn't seem like Geralt will be getting much action this time round. As an LL regular, this saddens me :(

Haven't had much sex in game yet

only bedded Keira so far, what I find amazing is all the stuffs that lead to the sex scene, they are excellently thought and pretty neat and romantic, the sex scene itself feels a bit short and definitely not as explicit as many of us LL pervs want it to be. Yeah, the Rosa quest is a bummer, was sure it would lead to sex but only to find out later she is just a tease! She is kinda cute and a bit feisty, and the fact she is a black one makes you want to plow her even more,lol

Guest Vendayn

So, the initial part of this post is how I'm playing Witcher 3 (pretty much same way I play oblivion and Skyrim. Next is my thoughts compared to Bethesda's games, TLDR on bottom)

I'm playing it where I don't use my horse much. I still use him, but like Skyrim and Oblivion...I always preferred to go on foot. Not to make the game last longer or anything (though that does happen since I barely use the horse), but actually...mostly because I end up missing TONS of stuff on a horse. Like in my first play through of White Orchard, I was using my horse and skipped so much stuff. On next character I was "wow I missed TONS of things". In Witcher 3, I use it if I have a specific place I want to go and don't want to be distracted with stuff, sorta like how I did Skyrim's horses.

Also, ALL HUD is off...no health, no magical futuristic sci-fi radar...just my character and the game world. Its same way I played Skyrim with immersive HUD. I find it far more immersive, and I focus more on the world than staring at a very annoying radar (or compass in Skyrim is just as annoying to me). I'd actually MUCH prefer a game to have a compass, but not a magical lazily-made completely non-immersive one that was probably made in less than 30 minutes. But an actual compass you need to take out and look at (like in real life, imagine that)...but no game does that lol. Anyway...

In any case, Witcher 3 is easy to play without HUD unlike certain other games. Do rely more on the map though. And health isn't a big deal, because the sides of the screen get this red glow stuff on it if its low health...plus they included sound effects and your character says stuff if you get badly damaged or/and low health. Finding quests is a bit hard so have to do it skyrim style and look at the map, its not really like Morrowind (or Oblivion had better made quests than Skyrim as well) where they give you a nice detail of where to go without having to use a map or stupid follow the dotted line like I'm playing WoW.

Morrowind/Oblivion had better quests than Witcher 3, as far as directions, details and text goes. But oh well. Witcher 3 really lacks in that department, and its kinda the main thing of the game is quests...but they just did it stupid like Skyrim and give you no details at all lol. On the plus side, they do give you a "little" bit more info than Skyrim does, but still...the former two games were way better for quest text.

And without the radar, I don't get annoyed by 100 plants popping up everywhere and I don't stare at the radar 99% of the time as I'm traveling lol. Man having the radar on without being able to turn it off would kill the game for me lol. Actually way worse than Skyrim's compass.

Combat is better than Skyrim though, and the world is more open (Skyrim unmodded, has TONS of loading screens (every building, every city, every dungeon, everywhere). Open cities for oblivion/skyrim make it like Witcher 3 a bit but still tons of loading screens, but Bethesda's engine wasn't made for it and so it causes huge performance issues and tons of CTDs. Witcher 3 has a much bigger game world too. Skyrim seems big, but it has a ton of mountains and stuff that make it seem bigger than it is, but its actually smaller. Oblivion had that problem too with the huge lake in middle of the game world took a lot of space (Oblivion had vastly better cities though than Skyrim)

NPCs in Witcher 3 are by far better than anything Bethesda has done, as far as voice acting goes. Except, at least in White Orchard, they are rather stupid. They don't do anything. I see them sleep at night and change patterns in day/night cycles...but they repeat over and over and over. So even Skyrim wins out on NPCs (which I thought were scripted worse than Oblivion). Except, Oblivion had better scripted NPCs more in-line with Ultima 7 as far as NPC routines go. I followed an NPC in Oblivion, she went to village to village, and eventually (this is unmodded btw) she went to imperial city to the inn there and went to sleep in her room. Forgot exact route she did, but she went to another inn once on our route to imperial city, traded with a merchant...and that is about all I remember.

Overall, I think Witcher 3 (and I just left White Orchard, so maybe it gets better)...is rather lame compared to Bethesda games. Skyrim, which is already worse unmodded than Oblivion (Skyrim has vastly better mods than Oblivion though and a lot more stable modded, except quests are still fail even with mods...Oblivion had epic quest text)...

(also, I don't really care about character customization or making my own character  (that isn't to say I didn't love making my Skyrim character, I spent 100+ hours on her lol...so I do love making my character, and its kinda like a game in itself and I get to make a character from my own mind (and its kinda like artwork to me). But I can easily play games without making a character. So its neither  a con or a pro, but some people care)

Also, Witcher 3 has really good exploration (but I'm not listing it as a pro or a con since it isn't really better than Skyrim, but not that bad). I think Skyrim wins out on exploration out of all Bethesda's games, which is actually the #1 reason I played it more than any of their other games. Skyrim wins out BY FAR in exploration compared to Witcher 3...TONS of hidden stuff everywhere.

With that said, Witcher 3 does have a lot of exploration (lots of secrets and stuff)...even in white orchard I found stuff that hadn't been found before lol. But skyrim still wins out by far.

CONS:

1. (huge con) NPCs don't do anything on their own. Geralt has to actually run into a village for anything to happen, and the NPCs repeat the same lines over and over each time Geralt goes past them.

2. Quest text/directions is as bad as Skyrim

3. (huge con) You can beat any monster, at any level. How?
a. Aggro monster

b. Run away and find where the monster stops following you

c. Use igni and hit-run with sword and the monster (or human NPC) will only very rarely go outside his "leash range" (or just igni if you don't want to risk getting hit)

d. Victory against everything since monsters leash range is worse than anything WoW has ever thrown up, its same thing with the area after white orchard, so it isn't just the beginning area that has this nearly game breaking game mechanic

Pros:

1. World is massive (it took a long time to go from (the area after white orchard) on horse, full sprint to the middle of the map to far SE non-stop (I did it as a test, plus had a specific place I wanted to go).

2. World is vastly better than most of Bethesda's game worlds (no loading screens (guess to get to a different part of the map, but all buildings and stuff are open so heh. Bethesda games have way more loading screens), realistic forests (skyrim, none of the forests really felt like a forest unless you modded it. But skyrim forests modded were of course rather epic), feels more realistic in how far apart villages/cities are...Skyrim especially felt way too condensed (skyrim is the worst game of Elder Scrolls in how they made the world. Oblivion was far better than Skyrim in how the world was made, but Witcher 3 still wins out. Fallout 3 was actually kind of good to me in that the world didn't feel "too" condensed (except the main city was rather lame (the Southeast city, with all the mutants), but outside that was all good.)

3. Doesn't feel arcadey at all (Skyrim felt VERY arcadey, Witcher 3 is tied with Morrowind and Oblivion here)

4. While I admit I haven't gone to the big city everyone talks about, but I did experience it on my friends lifestream and WOW...the city is massive. And while I did list it as a con, from what I saw...NPCs did "seem" to be a lot better than the ones in White Orchard (the ones in the massive city). But my friend didn't really stand around looking at them, so I dunno.

TLDR:

Witcher 3 is pretty fail to me so far (judging by white orchard, but my friend's steam of the huge city he was in may have been better...but so far, NPCs are total epic failures). Also can win every fight because mob has a super short leash and will only VERY rarely go past it to get to you...even past white orchard that still happens. Quests are as bad as Skyrim's ones.

NPCs repeat the same voiced acted lines over and over, npcs don't have any routine at all (barely), NPCs are stupid and stand around doing nothing (and I don't count as the same repeated animation over and over, non-stop as doing something, I consider that as doing nothing), very few NPCs actually doing things...those that are moving around don't interact with you, the world or anything (barely). The entire NPC AI is "barely".

World design is amazing, world doesn't feel condensed at all. Pretty much the only thing I like is the world.

In fact, if the game world wasn't so good (massive and no loading screens everywhere) I probably would get my money back. In fact, I probably will still get my money back, if GOG doesn't refund me I'll call my bank and tell them to get my money back. Cause Witcher 3 so far is a HUGE disappointment. I'll head to the big city and see if its better, but if I see NPCs repeat their same lines every time I go past them, with barely any (if at all) NPC routine like skyrim, oblivion, fallout 3/NV and Ultima 7 have...I'm tossing this game out lol.

I'm kinda waiting for it, but not because I'm interested in the game. I want it to get out of the way as quickly as possible so that they can start developing Cyberpunk 2077.

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 are developed by 2 different teams.

Read CDProjekt's official statements on this topic, since you're interested.

I'm kinda waiting for it, but not because I'm interested in the game. I want it to get out of the way as quickly as possible so that they can start developing Cyberpunk 2077.

Thanks. Although, having seen how TW3 turned out, my expectations are pretty low for now, but I'll be following its development.

Actually they postponed cyberpunk, all hands on deck for post release of w3.

such once again my comment, I have all three of The Witcher games 1 and 2 even double, because they had to be completely reworked!
graphic is TW3 unbeatable, but playful it is not so special, especially if it is to be the last part of The Witcher.
I've played through it and the end, like it quite and not at all! Ciri disappears in an ice dimension and dies there likely,

Geralt defeats the King of the Wild Hunt, kills the last Muhme, takes the wolf amulet that Ciri from Vesemir got and let himself then from ghouls kill.
no happy end with Triss or Janvier, not a big victory celebration, no information on the other chars from game, a short Chopped off end.

:(  :(  :(  :(

No.

You're from Poland anyway, so here's an article in Polish: http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2014-03-13-opoznienie-premiery-wiedmina-3-bez-negatywnego-wplywu-na-cyberpunk-2077

You can read there, that TW3 and CP2077 are developed by 2 independent teams and any work on one game has nothing to do with the other.

No.

You're from Poland anyway, so here's an article in Polish: http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2014-03-13-opoznienie-premiery-wiedmina-3-bez-negatywnego-wplywu-na-cyberpunk-2077

You can read there, that TW3 and CP2077 are developed by 2 independent teams and any work on one game has nothing to do with the other.

This article is from 13/03/2014. I'm telling you that they did moved bullk of people to work on post release of w3.

This article is from 13/03/2014. I'm telling you that they did moved bullk of people to work on post release of w3.

POST-release? Ok, I don't know about that, so I'll just assume that you're right without evidence.

But it just seems illogical to me. The game is out, they might as well take their time now...

POST-release? Ok, I don't know about that, so I'll just assume that you're right without evidence.

It just seems illogical to me. The game is out, they might as well take their time now...

Evience are everywhere :P exemple

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/27/cd-projekt-red-wont-talk-about-cyberpunk-2077-until-2017

Ok, that's just stupid. The sooner they leave TW3 to modders the better. The game is stable as it is and we can live without tons of free DLC.

CDP should strive to become "this anti-DRM company from Poland, that makes good RPGs", not just "guys who made Witcher trilogy"...

<sad face>

Anyway - I started the entire discussion, because someone (don't remember who) said that (s)he wants TW3 out asap, so CDP can finally focus on CP2077.

Well, tw3 IS OUT and it doesn't help cp2077 development at all. Or so it would seem.

Ok, that's just stupid. The sooner they leave TW3 to modders the better. The game is stable as it is and we can live without tons of free DLC.

CDP should strive to become "this anti-DRM company from Poland, that makes good RPGs", not just "guys who made Witcher trilogy"...

<sad face>

Anyway - I started the entire discussion, because someone (don't remember who) said that (s)he wants TW3 out asap, so CDP can finally focus on CP2077.

Well, tw3 IS OUT and it doesn't help cp2077 development at all. Or so it would seem.

So it turns out I was right all along. :)

One fixes in new 1.05 patch:

A partial list of changes:

- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.

- General stability and performance improvements

- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

- Improved camera smoothness

- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.

- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations

- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.

- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest

- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest

- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.

- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest

- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest

- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest

- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins

- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest

- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs

- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.

- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest

- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach

- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.

- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest

- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

Momot said the list includes only "the most requested changes," and that the final patch will actually include a lot more in the way of fixes and tweaks. It's currently expected to be live on Tuesday or Wednesday.

@Cyberpunk - I wouldn't trust what they say in the press releases - that stuff is always full of dodging the truth. They probably have two teams with separate leaders but surely the lowerend stuff gets moved around as they need. Reality really.
Won't talk till 2017 that means 2018 or even 2019 release QQ..

So, the initial part of this post is how I'm playing Witcher 3 (pretty much same way I play oblivion and Skyrim. Next is my thoughts compared to Bethesda's games, TLDR on bottom)

I'm playing it where I don't use my horse much. I still use him, but like Skyrim and Oblivion...I always preferred to go on foot. Not to make the game last longer or anything (though that does happen since I barely use the horse), but actually...mostly because I end up missing TONS of stuff on a horse. Like in my first play through of White Orchard, I was using my horse and skipped so much stuff. On next character I was "wow I missed TONS of things". In Witcher 3, I use it if I have a specific place I want to go and don't want to be distracted with stuff, sorta like how I did Skyrim's horses.

Also, ALL HUD is off...no health, no magical futuristic sci-fi radar...just my character and the game world. Its same way I played Skyrim with immersive HUD. I find it far more immersive, and I focus more on the world than staring at a very annoying radar (or compass in Skyrim is just as annoying to me). I'd actually MUCH prefer a game to have a compass, but not a magical lazily-made completely non-immersive one that was probably made in less than 30 minutes. But an actual compass you need to take out and look at (like in real life, imagine that)...but no game does that lol. Anyway...

In any case, Witcher 3 is easy to play without HUD unlike certain other games. Do rely more on the map though. And health isn't a big deal, because the sides of the screen get this red glow stuff on it if its low health...plus they included sound effects and your character says stuff if you get badly damaged or/and low health. Finding quests is a bit hard so have to do it skyrim style and look at the map, its not really like Morrowind (or Oblivion had better made quests than Skyrim as well) where they give you a nice detail of where to go without having to use a map or stupid follow the dotted line like I'm playing WoW.

Morrowind/Oblivion had better quests than Witcher 3, as far as directions, details and text goes. But oh well. Witcher 3 really lacks in that department, and its kinda the main thing of the game is quests...but they just did it stupid like Skyrim and give you no details at all lol. On the plus side, they do give you a "little" bit more info than Skyrim does, but still...the former two games were way better for quest text.

And without the radar, I don't get annoyed by 100 plants popping up everywhere and I don't stare at the radar 99% of the time as I'm traveling lol. Man having the radar on without being able to turn it off would kill the game for me lol. Actually way worse than Skyrim's compass.

Combat is better than Skyrim though, and the world is more open (Skyrim unmodded, has TONS of loading screens (every building, every city, every dungeon, everywhere). Open cities for oblivion/skyrim make it like Witcher 3 a bit but still tons of loading screens, but Bethesda's engine wasn't made for it and so it causes huge performance issues and tons of CTDs. Witcher 3 has a much bigger game world too. Skyrim seems big, but it has a ton of mountains and stuff that make it seem bigger than it is, but its actually smaller. Oblivion had that problem too with the huge lake in middle of the game world took a lot of space (Oblivion had vastly better cities though than Skyrim)

NPCs in Witcher 3 are by far better than anything Bethesda has done, as far as voice acting goes. Except, at least in White Orchard, they are rather stupid. They don't do anything. I see them sleep at night and change patterns in day/night cycles...but they repeat over and over and over. So even Skyrim wins out on NPCs (which I thought were scripted worse than Oblivion). Except, Oblivion had better scripted NPCs more in-line with Ultima 7 as far as NPC routines go. I followed an NPC in Oblivion, she went to village to village, and eventually (this is unmodded btw) she went to imperial city to the inn there and went to sleep in her room. Forgot exact route she did, but she went to another inn once on our route to imperial city, traded with a merchant...and that is about all I remember.

Overall, I think Witcher 3 (and I just left White Orchard, so maybe it gets better)...is rather lame compared to Bethesda games. Skyrim, which is already worse unmodded than Oblivion (Skyrim has vastly better mods than Oblivion though and a lot more stable modded, except quests are still fail even with mods...Oblivion had epic quest text)...

(also, I don't really care about character customization or making my own character  (that isn't to say I didn't love making my Skyrim character, I spent 100+ hours on her lol...so I do love making my character, and its kinda like a game in itself and I get to make a character from my own mind (and its kinda like artwork to me). But I can easily play games without making a character. So its neither  a con or a pro, but some people care)

Also, Witcher 3 has really good exploration (but I'm not listing it as a pro or a con since it isn't really better than Skyrim, but not that bad). I think Skyrim wins out on exploration out of all Bethesda's games, which is actually the #1 reason I played it more than any of their other games. Skyrim wins out BY FAR in exploration compared to Witcher 3...TONS of hidden stuff everywhere.

With that said, Witcher 3 does have a lot of exploration (lots of secrets and stuff)...even in white orchard I found stuff that hadn't been found before lol. But skyrim still wins out by far.

CONS:

1. (huge con) NPCs don't do anything on their own. Geralt has to actually run into a village for anything to happen, and the NPCs repeat the same lines over and over each time Geralt goes past them.

2. Quest text/directions is as bad as Skyrim

3. (huge con) You can beat any monster, at any level. How?
a. Aggro monster

b. Run away and find where the monster stops following you

c. Use igni and hit-run with sword and the monster (or human NPC) will only very rarely go outside his "leash range" (or just igni if you don't want to risk getting hit)

d. Victory against everything since monsters leash range is worse than anything WoW has ever thrown up, its same thing with the area after white orchard, so it isn't just the beginning area that has this nearly game breaking game mechanic

Pros:

1. World is massive (it took a long time to go from (the area after white orchard) on horse, full sprint to the middle of the map to far SE non-stop (I did it as a test, plus had a specific place I wanted to go).

2. World is vastly better than most of Bethesda's game worlds (no loading screens (guess to get to a different part of the map, but all buildings and stuff are open so heh. Bethesda games have way more loading screens), realistic forests (skyrim, none of the forests really felt like a forest unless you modded it. But skyrim forests modded were of course rather epic), feels more realistic in how far apart villages/cities are...Skyrim especially felt way too condensed (skyrim is the worst game of Elder Scrolls in how they made the world. Oblivion was far better than Skyrim in how the world was made, but Witcher 3 still wins out. Fallout 3 was actually kind of good to me in that the world didn't feel "too" condensed (except the main city was rather lame (the Southeast city, with all the mutants), but outside that was all good.)

3. Doesn't feel arcadey at all (Skyrim felt VERY arcadey, Witcher 3 is tied with Morrowind and Oblivion here)

4. While I admit I haven't gone to the big city everyone talks about, but I did experience it on my friends lifestream and WOW...the city is massive. And while I did list it as a con, from what I saw...NPCs did "seem" to be a lot better than the ones in White Orchard (the ones in the massive city). But my friend didn't really stand around looking at them, so I dunno.

TLDR:

Witcher 3 is pretty fail to me so far (judging by white orchard, but my friend's steam of the huge city he was in may have been better...but so far, NPCs are total epic failures). Also can win every fight because mob has a super short leash and will only VERY rarely go past it to get to you...even past white orchard that still happens. Quests are as bad as Skyrim's ones.

NPCs repeat the same voiced acted lines over and over, npcs don't have any routine at all (barely), NPCs are stupid and stand around doing nothing (and I don't count as the same repeated animation over and over, non-stop as doing something, I consider that as doing nothing), very few NPCs actually doing things...those that are moving around don't interact with you, the world or anything (barely). The entire NPC AI is "barely".

World design is amazing, world doesn't feel condensed at all. Pretty much the only thing I like is the world.

In fact, if the game world wasn't so good (massive and no loading screens everywhere) I probably would get my money back. In fact, I probably will still get my money back, if GOG doesn't refund me I'll call my bank and tell them to get my money back. Cause Witcher 3 so far is a HUGE disappointment. I'll head to the big city and see if its better, but if I see NPCs repeat their same lines every time I go past them, with barely any (if at all) NPC routine like skyrim, oblivion, fallout 3/NV and Ultima 7 have...I'm tossing this game out lol.

Horse riding - it is first game where i find the horse enjoyable - fact that it autofollows roads and you can look around / use witcher senses is fantastic. You can fight on it and got fast dismount too , obviously you can't loot so you do miss stuff but i at least try to travel on it rather then use fast travel (when the distance is not too great)

@quests- not sure what you mean, WItcher 3 got fantastic quests. Fact that you need to use map markers to find objectives? yea i agree, thats the way modern cRPG are sadly (ppl got used to this from MMOs :s)

@NPC life- i noticed they bug out (or it is intended) when they are involved in quests. I had those kids stay outside during night that  felt really unsetting. Then i had quest that got me questioning them and after that they were sleeping inside as they should. Overally i did not stalk NPCs it is enough for me that places look alive , markets get emepty at night and you find ppl sleeping in houses. Also smiths are only avaible daytime what gets me annoyed everytime as i dislike meditating just to skip time.

@Aggro rage - never noticed it , abusing it i would consider cheating. It is single player game so there is no problem with that being abusable - one can decide on his own whatever monster is beatable for them or they neeed to resolve to cheating. Also some monsters regenerate / go invisible so you won't be able to use that on them. But all and all i would say game is too easy overally so i wonder why do you find need for such strategy.

@NPC idle talk - it is repeated. Sometimes one would want so they don't say anything. But they throw out good jokes there so i don't find that too concerning. Well same thing in Skyrim really the arrow in the knee got popular for that reason.

I swear, there's not a thread on this whole forum where you can speak about shit you're interested in without jackasses trying to ruin everything. 

And welcome to the Internet! Bringing porn to you 24h a day and ruining your life since ... well, around 1981 or so ... !

So apparently I killed the wrong guy in that Cabaret questline.

I wonder if its possible to find the true killer, there are so many notes laying around novigrad.

Ahem ? I though it was

the coroner? Wasn't he? Of course I killed  the pervert priest as well... and quest ended fine, hopefully at least with Pris and Dandy

Wow. 

Spoiler about Black Pearl quest ahead.

If anyone needs any direction as to how a side quest should be done, they need look no further than TW3's Black Pearl. Wow. What a simple, powerful, emotionally charged quest. This is a simple fetch quest of sorts that really drives a stake deep into your heart at the very end. I'm not sure if its because I'd been discussing the terrible, indescribable horror of Alzheimer's disease earlier in the day with a friend or what, but when I completed this quest today I was left empty and sad inside.

That this ex soldier wanted a gift for his wife, and you had to go and fetch it, all because he wanted to maker her happy and feel again, and that it didn't work because her memory is too far gone... I honestly shed a tear. It's terrifying. This is a fantasy game, but the situation described is very, very real. Perfect example of how to make a quest, and something CDPR are the best at. Design wise, a totally mundane quest. But narrative wise, something else entirely. 10/10. Them feels...

Wow. 

Spoiler about Black Pearl quest ahead.

If anyone needs any direction as to how a side quest should be done, they need look no further than TW3's Black Pearl. Wow. What a simple, powerful, emotionally charged quest. This is a simple fetch quest of sorts that really drives a stake deep into your heart at the very end. I'm not sure if its because I'd been discussing the terrible, indescribable horror of Alzheimer's disease earlier in the day with a friend or what, but when I completed this quest today I was left empty and sad inside.

That this ex soldier wanted a gift for his wife, and you had to go and fetch it, all because he wanted to maker her happy and feel again, and that it didn't work because her memory is too far gone... I honestly shed a tear. It's terrifying. This is a fantasy game, but the situation described is very, very real. Perfect example of how to make a quest, and something CDPR are the best at. Design wise, a totally mundane quest. But narrative wise, something else entirely. 10/10. Them feels...

Yeh done quest also and agree CD project did great job with many side quests.

Archived