The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

No patience to continue after level 12. Did anyone else delete this game before finishing it?

Well...not deleting but...let me check something, yes, played Witcher 3 the last time two months ago. I was on Skellige then, shortly after meeting Yenn again, mostly scouring the countryside killing everything using the same few manouvers over and over again,  but...I don't know what happened, but suddenly I had lost all interest in playing any further...I told myself "well, a short pause, then it's back in the saddle", but...that's two months now...

Maybe the rather boring questline in Novigrad had tired me out, or the complete overlevelling, and hence boring fights? Or was it that damn crafting-system nobody needed plus an overcrowded inventory full of useless crap, which made finding weapons of power so damn worthless? Or maybe because I just grew tired of the whole "Where is Ciri"-plotine, a character that I didn't care about neither in the books nor the game? Or that I constantly had to decided to add free stuff to the game I had no need of in my current gameplay any longer?

I am still assessing the situation and myself. I probably will continue playing one day (on a colder day probably, this is more a game for winter-evenings maybe), not deleting the game, but as much as I was hyped (see earlier pages), as quickly I had grown a wee bit tired of the game, especially with the "game-part" of the, well, game.... In defense of the Witcher that has happened with me and other games in the past as well...

But before people tear me apart for that, and call me a damn hipster trying to be cool by "hating" on the things everyone agrees to be the best game ever...I will use the power of MUSIC to distract you and get out of here! *poof* :ph34r:

No patience to continue after level 12. Did anyone else delete this game before finishing it?

Maybe the rather boring questline in Novigrad had tired me out, or the complete overlevelling, and hence boring fights? Or was it that damn crafting-system nobody needed plus an overcrowded inventory full of useless crap, which made finding weapons of power so damn worthless? Or maybe because I just grew tired of the whole "Where is Ciri"-plotine, a character that I didn't care about neither in the books nor the game? Or that I constantly had to decided to add free stuff to the game I had no need of in my current gameplay any longer? I am still assessing the situation and myself. I probably will continue playing one day (on a colder day probably, this is more a game for winter-evenings maybe), not deleting the game, but as much as I was hyped (see earlier pages), as quickly I had grown a wee bit tired of the game, especially with the "game-part" of the, well, game.... In defense of the Witcher that has happened with me and other games in the past as well...

My reason was not that, the game was awesome but I've been missing out on a few meetups, argued with boyfriend due to a damn game and when I realized why we really argued it made me super sad. Also took a break from the gym. Might not seem like a big deal but with almost everything you do, you waste at least one hour before and after you do it. Just not gonna play anything anymore until Fallout 4 comes out & then only when my usual stuff is not really an option. And I don't like playing alone as I get restless, I hope they introduce coop for the ques tline.

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally happened....

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt now with the mod support

Released today, the Modkit enables Witcher community to modify several aspects of the game to their own liking. Thanks to texture import and export, gamers can now modify the looks and feel of in-game objects, while the possibility of substituting meshes allows to insert new models in the game world in place of existing ones. Finally, access to script files opens up an entirely new array or modification options to many in-game aspects, so modders can fire up their imagination and fiddle with item statistics and much more. In order to download the Modkit, head on over to nexusmods.com, the official home of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt mods where you can download the extractor itself as well as some of the exisiting mods. Don’t forget to check our forums for the Modkit documentation. We simply cannot wait to see all the fantastic creations from the modding community. Should you have any additional questions regarding the capabilities of the kit, make sure to check out GameSpot’s Q&A.

Source: http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1094

Granted the whole thing with you only controllign Geralt makes the stories a lot more limted than Bethesda games, but there's still potential, and maybe someone will even come out with a new campaign storyline only for modding and going around the world with an unvoiced protagonist, even a female one?

I'm interested in this.

Is it possible, for example (with the new mod tools), to completely ignore Geralt and the relative skills\quests\default interactions and create (reads the modder creates, until we have a way to "load" custom characters) a blank new character and make it interact with the world the way the mod decides? (mod design).

The classic example: play as a female character in a prostitution mod.

Also, what about new animations? Is it possible to somehow use the ones already in the sexlab framework?

If i can make female characters like in Skyrim but better graphics and other advance DX11 this game have that would be great.

ENB for The witcher better textures.

Improved PC version same as what happen with Skyrim SkyUI and racemenu few examples.

Hope many good mods coming?

Granted the whole thing with you only controllign Geralt makes the stories a lot more limted than Bethesda games, but there's still potential, and maybe someone will even come out with a new campaign storyline only for modding and going around the world with an unvoiced protagonist, even a female one?

I'm interested in this.

Is it possible, for example (with the new mod tools), to completely ignore Geralt and the relative skills\quests\default interactions and create (reads the modder creates, until we have a way to "load" custom characters) a blank new character and make it interact with the world the way the mod decides? (mod design).

Also, what about new animations? Is it possible to somehow use the ones already in the sexlab framework?

No, modding tool won't let you do this far as I can see - no quests/landscapes/npcs are possible it says in CDPR forums, most you can do is replace one npc body with another I think?

I stopped playing because I hated having to play main quest and be a pussywhipped bitch for the Yennefer, even when I dumped her (I only kept playing because I thought if I do that, I get rid of her and maybe the hot blonde Keira will come back or Triss instead).  Kept game because of the Redkit promise, and then maybe it would be possible to mod characters I liked in instead of that one but none of that is doable :(

I'm interested in this.

No, modding tool won't let you do this far as I can see - no quests/landscapes/npcs are possible it says in CDPR forums, most you can do is replace one npc body with another I think?

I stopped playing because I hated having to play main quest and be a pussywhipped bitch for the Yennefer, even when I dumped her (I only kept playing because I thought if I do that, I get rid of her and maybe the hot blonde Keira will come back or Triss instead).  Kept game because of the Redkit promise, and then maybe it would be possible to mod characters I liked in instead of that one but none of that is doable :(

Not for same reasons but i was also hoping for REDkit to be released and await some awsome mods comming our way.

Now CDproject lie about it im not realy interested anymore.

I loved the 160 hours i have played this game.

Hoped for mods that i could make a female character or tweak like skyrim seems now not happening.

Skyrim 2900 hours and counting(MODS)

The Witcher 3 160 hours vanilla(RETIRED NO MODS)

CDProject big fail.

Very dissapointed.

Hve no regret buying TW3 and its expansions on GOG and DRM FREE+DLC FREE i still support that, but no mods is a big fail to me and just keep any further interested in CD project because there just as much liars and rest of them.

Well at least they try, rather than releasing modding tools for Dragon Age Inquisiton, Bioware releases patches that break the fan-made modding tools and few mods, compared to that CDPR is great with it. They're just never going to reach the same level as Bethesda. Beth can keep making shitty storylines and horribly bugged games and towns filled with all of ten people, as long as they keep making open worlds better than anyone else and give us the ability to mess with them as much as we like, no other game company is going to come close in the genre.

Not all games are made for mods, and honestly it is not about time you spent playing but how much blast you had doing so.Those hours were one of best in my game history (but i did read books and stuff ).

Expecting it to have moding like Bethesda gamees in not reasonable : first Bethesda got a backlog of mod games and things carry over from one to other (what would happen if they changed engine and everyone would need to learn it anew?). Second - what comprimises needs to be made to have game so heavily modable ? "the joints need to be lose" to insert stuff in them. Remember TW3 had already been cut down in order to fit consoles.

If anything it is regretable that they got another medial slip.

Not all games are made for mods, and honestly it is not about time you spent playing but how much blast you had doing so.Those hours were one of best in my game history (but i did read books and stuff ).

Expecting it to have moding like Bethesda gamees in not reasonable : first Bethesda got a backlog of mod games and things carry over from one to other (what would happen if they changed engine and everyone would need to learn it anew?). Second - what comprimises needs to be made to have game so heavily modable ? "the joints need to be lose" to insert stuff in them. Remember TW3 had already been cut down in order to fit consoles.

If anything it is regretable that they got another medial slip.

It's not that they don't have a modding tool, it's that they were promising a Redkit 2 for TW3 2 years back - why not say, actually, it can't be done, we're sorry? People had many dreams for what could be done to this game because they were told to expect a Redkit.

I have had more fun in my hundreds of hours of Skyrim (with and without mods) than I did with TW3. It's a good game, but it is too much "sit and watch a movie clip happen" and when you are trying to beat a big boss yourself, you have that taken away from you.  Sometimes I could just dodge around and wait, and after a while game would cut scene into winning the battle anyway.

The Witcher 3 vanilla was way better then vanilla Skyrim WAY TO EASY also on hardest mode and i enjoy my 160 hours so much more with TW3 then first 160 hours in skyrim which was boring bugs and not so good.

Mods safe Skyrim for me.

I hoped The Witcher 3 would also get mods but now it won't or just a few i won't play it anymore, to busy playing ARK anyway.

• 1 month later...

Not all games are done for mod... Cd projekt says the toolkit will be updated but... Again modding was always meant like a plus by cdproject...

They did an amazing game i am not disappointed with it instead i am quite happy how the game turned out.. Of course will be better with a proper modding support but again is not the end of the world...

I am only playing witcher3 at the moment i have a new pc and i can handle it to ultra and smooth i also updated my skyrim with great graphic mods and ENB stuff but guess what?..

Even if my skyrim is supermodded it still stay dull generic and feel like plastic.

Archived