The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

Gothic Series? Never heard about them.

do you mean THIS? It looks like shit...

Of course you haven't heard about it. Bet you haven't played the first two Witcher games either. Yet you think you're qualified enough to argue with me. You see, this is a common problem with fanboys.

I see a trend here.

Let me walk you through how people debate because obviously you lack the basic skills.

So first you claim "Witcher 3 is not immersive because the cities are completely missing X"

You go on to further say that "In Gothic series this is a much better because they implemented X"

I would then go on to say that "Witcher 3 may not have X, or at least to your degree but it does have Y, something completely missing from 2011 game known as Arcanania:Fall of Setarrif, part of the Gothic Series which has a 2/5 on meta critic and 5/10 on steam."

Which will completely and utterly destroy your argument about the Gothic series. Which brings us to a Witcher 3 and Skyrim comparison where I will be more equipped to destroy your arguments if you had the courage to voice them.

Need I go on?

You asked for a more immersive game than TW3, not a list of specific immersive features in those games. Make a list of the features that made you think TW3 as the "most immersive game ever" then we may argue.

Gothic Series? Never heard about them.

do you mean THIS? It looks like shit...

Of course you haven't heard about it. Bet you haven't played the first two Witcher games either. Yet you think you're qualified enough to argue with me. You see, this is a common problem with fanboys.

I see a trend here.

Let me walk you through how people debate because obviously you lack the basic skills.

So first you claim "Witcher 3 is not immersive because the cities are completely missing X"

You go on to further say that "In Gothic series this is a much better because they implemented X"

I would then go on to say that "Witcher 3 may not have X, or at least to your degree but it does have Y, something completely missing from 2011 game known as Arcanania:Fall of Setarrif, part of the Gothic Series which has a 2/5 on meta critic and 5/10 on steam."

Which will completely and utterly destroy your argument about the Gothic series. Which brings us to a Witcher 3 and Skyrim comparison where I will be more equipped to destroy your arguments if you had the courage to voice them.

Need I go on?

You asked for a more immersive game than TW3, not a list of specific immersive features in those games. Make a list of the features that made you think TW3 as the "most immersive game ever" then we may argue.

In my opinion Witcher 3 has the most interesting and immersive secondary quests, cities and villages, NPC dialogue, ambiance from nature and interesting npc mob placement. the detail of these creature's encampments and detail to their lairs is impressive especially considering the drowners from the Sea are different than the found in city sewers.

Now your turn.

Well once i will finish the story i will start new game too see how the world changes if i alter my choices a bit :] I will also try to complete everything then, get proper Gwent set and stuff. My first play is just "enjoy the story" thing.

In my opinion Witcher 3 has the most interesting and immersive secondary quests, cities and villages, NPC dialogue, ambiance from nature and interesting npc mob placement. the detail of these creature's encampments and detail to their lairs is impressive especially considering the drowners from the Sea are different than the found in city sewers.

Now your turn.

What are you talking about? NPC dialogue, NPC placement, side quests... These are not the features that make a game immersive.

I can't argue about the world/environment design in TW3 though, which is what I like the most about the game.

What I did, was save the game before the last battle and some major events and count that as my end game. I have already unlocked all the major armors and side quests and I will leave the final parts of the main questline undone. You so I can do them whenever I please.

I also saved the game before Ugly baby questline so I can change the world in anyway I see fit.

I suggest you do the same.

I don't need to. As I said before, I finished  already the game with the ending I wanted. I did every single side quest that I could find before finishing the main one. My next session will be a complete replay with the hardest difficulty possible and I will never jump to main quest again, I'll just leave it be with the world that still has all the characters and doesn't feel empty.

Now your turn.

What are you talking about? NPC dialogue, NPC placement, side quests... These are not the features that make a game immersive.

I can't argue about the world/environment design in TW3 though, which is what I like the most about the game.

In skyrim, it felt there were only 5 voice actors, not a factor in Witcher 3 as everyone sounds different, the voice acting and their lines are superb.

In skyrim, you would just have random bandit camps and so on but it was always the same formula in witcher 3 you had deserters from the Redenian army, the Nifguards, the Temerians, regular bandits, cannibals (with dead people being cooked to boot) and so much more.

for example I found a house with the mother seemingly raped and killed, her daughter as well and the man hanged. not a few dozen yards away you hear 3 bandits laughing and giggling about some poor fuck they hanged and so on. Thats the kind of shit I am talking about.

damn the buetint virus is going crazy.  look like shit.

That's why I don't like such enhancements. These days almost every game has some tint over it, for some reason. What happened with the "true colors" ? :\

the only two best presets out there right now are K-Putte v1.3  and SS v1.1.  The worst one is the E3FX shit. 

In skyrim, it felt there were only 5 voice actors, not a factor in Witcher 3 as everyone sounds different, the voice acting and their lines are superb.

Maybe for the named NPCs. Commoners though all sound alike.

In skyrim, you would just have random bandit camps and so on but it was always the same formula in witcher 3 you had deserters from the Redenian army, the Nifguards, the Temerians, regular bandits, cannibals (with dead people being cooked to boot) and so much more.

Makes sense, not a huge improvement over Skyrim, but again not really a feature that adds to immersion.

for example I found a house with the mother seemingly raped and killed, her daughter as well and the man hanged. not a few dozen yards away you hear 3 bandits laughing and giggling about some poor fuck they hanged and so on. Thats the kind of shit I am talking about.

Again, this is related to world/environment design which is an important element in creating immersion and as I said I like it. It is usually done better in, say Bioware games and TW3 compared to any Bethesda games. However, it's not all that realistic. You'll often find the same NPCs in the same place, doing the same thing even after a week as if they have no other business to attend to. They'll wait for you which doesn't make any sense at all.

Anyway, let me give you a short list of things in TW3 that kill immersion (not all specific to TW3, BTW).

- Invisible borders (in the starting location for instance).

- NPCs that you're not allowed to attack.

- Allied NPCs that are invincible.

- A combat system, in which you have a swing that is powerful enough to slice a monster in two, but only after the monster has a low enough health.

- A combat system, in which an stunned enemy can immediately block your attack with a "hatchet", right after he gets hit and wakes up.

- A combat system, in which enemies fight with the same effectiveness even if they have 1 point of health left.

- Allies that do zero damage and leave all the killing work to you.

- Player-only equipment degredation.

- Monsters that never attacks settlements or to NPCs that stand somewhere in the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere.

- Large chests full of valuable items practically everywhere often conveniently placed, and marked on your map.

- A horse that teleports to you when you whistle.

- Loot anything from anyone without any consequence or any other effect in the game.

- Respawning enemies (usually out of nowhere).

- Bioware-like "boss" fights (i.e. in order the kill the boss you have to kill waves of his minions while he constantly regenerate health).

- NPCs that stop animating and loose their heads if you're not looking in their general direction. This is of course an engine optimization, but it's worse than Skyrim. Though, in both games an indication of a non-living world which only comes alive when you're nearby.

- Maybe most importantly, a master witcher, who starts every the adventure at level one, and relearn every skill, rediscover every monster that he previously knew. Levels, BTW is a major enemy of immersion.

A word of Warning!!! Do not finish the main story, do all the side quests before it. If you do, you can find yourself in a very "sad" state, that will kill any desire to continue to play the game. If you want tot find out why, here is the main topic (contains Spoilers!!!) on official forums about it.

What did you expect? CDPR doesn't really care about immersion, or knows anything about it, whatever they've got snatched from another game. Remember the screen you get when you die in TW2? "Game Over"! What is this, a fucking arcade game?

"That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do???"

Probably the funniest thing I read for a long time on the I-Net in a while ... you die, and they show game over ... shit, what where they thinking, that we are playing some kind of game or what, silly polish people...

Seriously, if one cannot immersive him/herself into Witcher, the problem doesn't necessarily need to be on CD Red's end ...

Anyway, let me give you a short list of things in TW3 that kill immersion (not all specific to TW3, BTW).

- A combat system, in which you have a swing that is powerful enough to slice a monster in two, but only after the monster has a low enough health.

- A combat system, in which an stunned enemy can immediately block your attack with a "hatchet", right after he gets hit and wakes up.

- A combat system, in which an enemies fight with the same effectiveness even if they have 1 point of health left.

- Monsters that never attacks settlements or to NPCs that stand somewhere in the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere.

- Large chests full of valuable items practically everywhere often conveniently placed, and marked on your map.

- Loot anything from anyone without any consequence or any other effect in the game.

- Bioware-like "boss" fights (i.e. in order the kill the boss you have to kill waves of his minions while he constantly regenerate health).

- NPCs that stop animating and loose their heads if you're not looking in their general direction. This is of course an engine optimization, but it's worse than Skyrim. Though, in both games an indication of a non-living world which only comes alive when you're nearby.

- Maybe most importantly, a master witcher, who starts every the adventure at level one, and relearn every skill, rediscover every monster that he previously knew. Levels, BTW is a major enemy of immersion.

Yo brooo ... Never played a RPG or what ? I mean damn ... Wow ! 

You're basically hating on everything that makes a RPG a RPG man, I mean there's no surprise you don't like the stuff. There's gotta be a clear distinction on criticizing a game because it is bad, and criticizing a game because you don't like the genre. And it's important because seriously, who gives a shit about the latter ? I mean who in the world would take you seriously if you can't stand RPGs even though you're criticizing a RPG ? 

What you're saying is basically "I can't eat oranges because I dislike the color orange". Or more specifically "I can't play car games because I have to drive a car in them". Just, wow. 

"That's it, man. Game over, man. Game over, what the fuck are we supposed to now, huh, what are we gonna do???"

Probably the funniest thing I read for a long time on the I-Net in a while ... you die, and they show game over ... shit, what where they thinking, that we are playing some kind of game or what, silly polish people...

Seriously, if one cannot immersive him/herself into Witcher, the problem doesn't necessarily need to be on CD Red's end ...

Yes, it's me, I cannot immerse myself into a RPG made with the mindset of an arcade game. And I don't care about a company trying to be the Polish Bioware and its game which tires me to death with endless cutscenes, as if it's an interactive movie rather than a game.

Yo brooo ... Never played a RPG or what ? I mean damn ... Wow ! 

You're basically hating on everything that makes a RPG a RPG man, I mean there's no surprise you don't like the stuff. There's gotta be a clear distinction on criticizing a game because it is bad, and criticizing a game because you don't like the genre. And it's important because seriously, who gives a shit about the latter ? I mean who in the world would take you seriously if you can't stand RPGs even though you're criticizing a RPG ? 

What you're saying is basically "I can't eat oranges because I dislike the color orange". Or more specifically "I can't play car games because I have to drive a car in them". Just, wow.

I've played many RPGs, but unlike you, I don't want the RPG genre to constantly repeat itself with the decade old or even older game mechanics, only with renewed graphics. That's probably the difference between me and the people who are always happy with whatever given to them.

Which is still quite an improvement compared to all other open worlds, what you are talking about are offhand comments you hear as you pass people which are still varied enough.  Since I have not played or heard of a game that does more than this the first prize goes to the witcher.

Makes sense, not a huge improvement over Skyrim, but again not really a feature that adds to immersion.

It is a huge improvement because no matter I fight the mobs in White run or in the mountains of near Solitude they all dress the same way and their camp looks exactly the same.

Again, this is related to world/environment design which is an important element in creating immersion and as I said I like it. It is usually done better in, say Bioware games and TW3 compared to any Bethesda games. However, it's not all that realistic. You'll often find the same NPCs in the same place, doing the same thing even after a week as if they have no other business to attend to. They'll wait for you which doesn't make any sense at all.

What do mean? at night all NPCs sleep and in the morning they all re-assume their position as farmers, traders, guards and even kids playing in the street making it a realistic settlement what more do you expect from a game? I know of no other game, ESPECIALLY Skyrim that comes even close to doing this. Do you know of a game that does this better?

Skyrim had mountains surrounding the map.

So you are mad that you cant go on a killing spree in Novigrad or kill entire villages. Fine. fair enough.

Skyrim also has unkillable NPCs and so does every other game in this genre but in some quests the NPCs can die which will result in a quest change. For example I helped these corps looters but their leader died. I still got paid but a nearby quest failed because the quest giver was the cousin of the guy that died and he told me he wont give me a border pass because of this so I had to find another way to get into novigrad. This shit right here is amazing.

Wrong. In the case of critical strikes, except bosses, you can still dismember/instantly kill the enemy if you slice them into to. But you are just nitpicking at this point. Skyrim did not even have this until mods made it possible and only happens when the target dies. So witcher still wins.

Uhh so they parry your attacks when they are no longer stunned? Yea... that is so... bad... ugh! IMMERSION RUINED!!!!!!! /sarcasm

- A combat system, in which an enemies fight with the same effectiveness even if they have 1 point of health left.

I know of NO system where the enemy will get weaker as their health goes down.

I agree with this, easily moddable so I will be waiting for it, I enjoyed however how they stun and give you chances in killing the enemies though super helpful.

When I was killing Imerlith, his shield was getting damaged and broken as I striked it with my battle axe.

You are simply lying now and besides any sword you loot from enemies is damaged and needs repairing.

So again you lie.

So there are no monster invasions? Monsters LIVE in the wilderness and their own habitat but do kill humans who venture out in the wilderness and you can see the results of their attacks. You are just making excuses at this point.

So a looting a system for a single player game that is not being a total bitch! How horrible but lets ignore the other SECRET treasure spots that are not on your map but you can discover them nonetheless as an extra reward for determined players.

Epona did the same in Zelda.

Would you prefer traveling back and carrying your horse on ship when going to Undvik in Skellige? if the horse thing bothers you so much never call your horse. Simply run back and get it and disable the call horse key from your keyboard.

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! I looted things in the city and guards got pissed and killed me.

the only way to do it was to do it when the steal icon key was no longer there which only happened if people's back where to me.

I only saw that from monsters who's monster nest I had not destroyed, human bandits do not respawn at their camps. Once you destory the nest they will not longer come back and if there was no nest they will NOT come back.

I have finished the game and there are only TWO! two bosses that do this. The ghost at the light house witcher contract and the botchling.

Which made them some hard ass bosses but I dont see how this breaks immersion they are well timed and tough to beat and they both differ in the way you must defeat the boss.

I have no idea what in the hell you are talking about.

there is already a mod that unlocks everything for you.

but then again skyrim does the same shit, mass effect did the same shit and the list goes on and on.

Response in white. Alright so, not only everything you said is not present in skyrim, or at least in an unmodded skyrim they are all very superficial issues at the most. I know of no game in existance that do the things you are bitching about.

You are putting ridiculous standards that no other game has ever done or completely lied or mistaken about some fundamental issues.

By the way you were suppose to compare The Witcher 3 to Skyrim which you failed to do. If you actually did so you would not have made this dumb ass post.

on your list as everything you posted as complaints neither exists or existed in vanilla Skyrim. perhaps the only thing that Skyrim has that Witcher does not is the fact that you can kill everyone (except quest characters).

I guess this is the best someone can expect from someone who likes a shitty pay to win korean MMORPG... Yea... immersion!

Yes, it's me, I cannot immerse myself into a RPG made with the mindset of an arcade game. And I don't care about a company trying to be the Polish Bioware and its game which tires me to death with endless cutscenes, as if it's an interactive movie rather than a game.

I won't make myself friends with the next but ... to some extent I will agree here. While I think that your immersion-complaints are really...not that relevant, I thought to myself about Witcher 3 and its replay-value (for me)

What makes me like the game right now is, for the most part, the story(ies). The characters involved, the twists etc. But once I am through with TW3 I don't see myself immediately replaying the game. Just like I would not re-read a book right after the last page. Because stripped of all story-content, what's actually left?

In games like Skyrim or Dragon Age I was often playing simultaneously other chars/character-classes and experimented with other party-members. In Witcher, I don't see that. Sure, I could make a Geralt only using signs (though if that is playable in a fun way?... not sure), but ultimately it always is the same Geralt.

And I don't think that (could be wrong though...) making a different decision in, let's say the Bloody Baron Quest, is fundamentally changing the game so much a second playthrough is totally different enough to make a for a complete new experience

- A combat system, in which enemies fight with the same effectiveness even if they have 1 point of health left.

at this point i feel like you are blaming game for being just a game. But what baffles me is that among all those things you don't mention quest tracker as immersion killer. For me that is the sole one thing i despise in modern cRPG trend. How do i know where to go when i either i'm not told where to go or i'm just told vaguely? How is it that i know exactly when i will meet this NPC?

As example when i first met Triss she told me where she lives (quarter of the city) and that i can visit her. I had no quest to her however and i just couldn't fing it - i couldn't find any way to see how the quarters are named so i didn't even know where to look and city si way to big to check everything. Later quest points me to visit her and allelujah i now know where to go...

That is an immersion killer that you are following dots and arrows rather then looking and remembering world. Yours are just nitpicking...

Not sure if trolling but ... 

- Invisible borders (in the starting location for instance). > Skyrim too

- A combat system, in which you have a swing that is powerful enough to slice a monster in two, but only after the monster has a low enough health. > Skyrim too (finishers)
- A combat system, in which an enemies fight with the same effectiveness even if they have 1 point of health left. > Pretty much all RPGs too> Skyrim too
- Allies that do zero damage and leave all the killing work to you. > Lydia, self explanatory
- Player-only equipment degradation. > Most RPGs don't even have degradation because it's too script heavy, not because they don't want too
- Monsters that never attacks settlements or to NPCs that stand somewhere in the wilderness, in the middle of nowhere. > False, actually TW3 has one of the best kind of responsiveness in this sort of situation. Peasants flee when they see a monster, soldiers attack them. You need mods for that on Skyrim for example
- Large chests full of valuable items practically everywhere often conveniently placed, and marked on your map. > Lol. You sure you played RPGs there ? 
- A horse that teleports to you when you whistle. > Same as above. 
- Loot anything from anyone without any consequence or any other effect in the game. > Nonsense, you get owned by guards if you loot in a city for example. And this kind of looting system is pretty much the basis of any RPG out there. 
- Respawning enemies (usually out of nowhere). > Yeah ? Like why not ? There are monster nests, there are wandering bandits looking for a new encampment, there are soldiers moving about. Of course they're respawning, if they stumble on a perfectly habitable place you cleared before why shouldn't they invest the place and "respawn" there ? 
- Bioware-like "boss" fights (i.e. in order the kill the boss you have to kill waves of his minions while he constantly regenerate health). > Only like 2 bosses do that sort of thing in the whole game : Leshens and one kind of wraith. Perfectly explained in the lore of the monster too, so that's stupid. 
- NPCs that stop animating and loose their heads if you're not looking in their general direction. This is of course an engine optimization, but it's worse than Skyrim. Though, in both games an indication of a non-living world which only comes alive when you're nearby. > So you're complaining about what you can't see freaking out. Are you the kind of guy who is scared about everything that happens in your neighbors' houses, behind the closed shutters ? That's stupid too. 
- Maybe most importantly, a master witcher, who starts every the adventure at level one, and relearn every skill, rediscover every monster that he previously knew. Levels, BTW is a major enemy of immersion. > Yeah, definitely a RPG veteran. I mean you'd have liked it so much better if you started out OP right ? Thing is, at the start of the game you already know how to fight. Skills are only specializations that the Witcher feels he needs at some point of the story, hence the skills system. It's not like you're being more experienced at one point or another, but as the story goes you use different tactics according to your enemy's strength. That's a very common trait in this kind of story driven RPG where you're playing an already experienced fighter at the start of a game. 

I've played many RPGs, but unlike you, I don't want the RPG genre to constantly repeat itself with the decade old or even older game mechanics, only with renewed graphics. That's probably the difference between me and the people who are always happy with whatever given to them.

What you're complaining about are the wheels on your cars in car games. Like why does your car always have wheels in every car game you play ? Answer is in the question. 

Pretty weird to cry about one of the oldest genres of the gaming industry, and asking for it to be fundamentally changed into something that is not the same genre anymore. When all of this could be solved by : don't like it ? Don't buy it. 

I won't make myself friends with the next but ... to some extent I will agree here. While I think that your immersion-complaints are really...not that relevant, I thought to myself about Witcher 3 and its replay-value (for me)

What makes me like the game right now is, for the most part, the story(ies). The characters involved, the twists etc. But once I am through with TW3 I don't see myself immediately replaying the game. Just like I would not re-read a book right after the last page. Because stripped of all story-content, what's actually left?

In games like Skyrim or Dragon Age I was often playing simultaneously other chars/character-classes and experimented with other party-members. In Witcher, I don't see that. Sure, I could make a Geralt only using signs (though if that is playable in a fun way?... not sure), but ultimately it always is the same Geralt.

And I don't think that (could be wrong though...) making a different decision in, let's say the Bloody Baron Quest, is fundamentally changing the game so much a second playthrough is totally different enough to make a for a complete new experience

That is the limitation or rather trade off for WItcher and other story driven games. You are limited in what role you can play but get superb stroy telling, voice acting and expressions in return.

It is a matter of preferance.

I left myself the hardest difficulty and sign build for next play. Will also try to make different choices however i don't know how far that will go (i do have my strong preferances :s)

That is the limitation or rather trade off for WItcher and other story driven games. You are limited in what role you can play but get superb stroy telling, voice acting and expressions in return.

It is a matter of preferance.

I left myself the hardest difficulty and sign build for next play. Will also try to make different choices however i don't know how far that will go (i do have my strong preferances :s)

Indeed. In some ways Witcher is the anti-thesis to Skyrim, in terms of story. I actually still have hopes that Bioware will someday find the best middleway: An open-world-free-to-roam-game with a hero you can create and form yourself but a storyline that really keeps you going ... guess I'll have to wait a bit for that though. Until then yeah, I treat Witcher mostly as an "interactive" movie/book, and I don't mean this negative. The amount of thrills I hade so far in the story is amazing, and like a good movie or book I'll play it again one day, but surely not right after I finished it...

And in regards to "immersion" ... I really fail to see how for example "Skyrim" can be more immersive, with its cities that have like a dozen houses and 20 people living in them (half of them guards...." Skyrim is in terms of immersion the synonym for "suspension of disbelief"...

But we could list so much more immersion-killers! Hitpoints for example! Or inventory, hpw many swords can one man possibly carry?! Or why does GEralt never need to shit and piss? And why can he ehal wounds by eating dry fish and rasberry juice!?

Seriously, this discussion is pointless, and I wouldn't mind a change of subjet to something more interesting...for example who is Maid Bilberry, and can we actually meet her at some point?

I think this is a valid complaint, and I see you addressed it yourself.

so tdlr; your complaint is a valid one and I for one agree though I do not know how it can be fixed.

Maybe in the next game?

Although I do hope we get to play as more Ciri and have the option to build as 100% mage vs 100% swordsman as to allow us more customization options.

Damn some are beyond dumb.

Sad how this topic suppose to be about The Witcher 3 and talk like grow ups what you like and like not about the game. But nooo...some have to degrade to dumb talk about rpg game they don't know anything about and have no clue what RPG is plus hate thats the sad part of these persons.

Some just should be removed from internet completely degenerates.

You like it or not if not go somewhere else with your dumb crap if you dont like The Witcher 3.

Which is still quite an improvement compared to all other open worlds, what you are talking about are offhand comments you hear as you pass people which are still varied enough.  Since I have not played or heard of a game that does more than this the first prize goes to the witcher.

Go play a Bioware game first before coming to such a conclusion. Voice acting has never been a major element of immersion in computer game.

It is a huge improvement because no matter I fight the mobs in White run or in the mountains of near Solitude they all dress the same way and their camp looks exactly the same.

It isn't a huge improvement in terms of immersion.

What do mean? at night all NPCs sleep and in the morning they all re-assume their position as farmers, traders, guards and even kids playing in the street making it a realistic settlement what more do you expect from a game? I know of no other game, ESPECIALLY Skyrim that comes even close to doing this. Do you know of a game that does this better?

Have you even played Skyrim at all?! I wasn't talking about daily schedule of NPCs, but never mind, I suppose you wouldn't find it odd that the same group of bandits continued laughing about the same thing on the same spot after a week or a month.

Skyrim had mountains surrounding the map.

Indeed, that's how you should cover invisible borders immersively.

So you are mad that you cant go on a killing spree in Novigrad or kill entire villages. Fine. fair enough.

Skyrim also has unkillable NPCs and so does every other game in this genre but in some quests the NPCs can die which will result in a quest change. For example I helped these corps looters but their leader died. I still got paid but a nearby quest failed because the quest giver was the cousin of the guy that died and he told me he wont give me a border pass because of this so I had to find another way to get into novigrad. This shit right here is amazing.

Skyrim has it as well, yes, and it isn't immersive.

Wrong. In the case of critical strikes, except bosses, you can still dismember/instantly kill the enemy if you slice them into to. But you are just nitpicking at this point. Skyrim did not even have this until mods made it possible and only happens when the target dies. So witcher still wins.

Why would a witcher need a critical strike on an unarmored drowner? It takes at least two successful hits before you can slice them into two with your initial weapons. If you wield a sword as a witcher and are capable of swinging that sword so powerfully, you shouldn't need a critical strike to dismember or kill a drowner instantly. BTW, it wasn't a comparison between Skyrim and TW3. Skyrim's combat system sucks and everyone knows that.

Uhh so they parry your attacks when they are no longer stunned? Yea... that is so... bad... ugh! IMMERSION RUINED!!!!!!! /sarcasm

No one can become battle ready in a second and block a strike with an hatched if he's been stunned and I don't get your sarcasm.

I know of NO system where the enemy will get weaker as their health goes down.

So? Does that make TW3 more immersive than anything else?

I agree with this, easily moddable so I will be waiting for it, I enjoyed however how they stun and give you chances in killing the enemies though super helpful.

When I was killing Imerlith, his shield was getting damaged and broken as I striked it with my battle axe.

You are simply lying now and besides any sword you loot from enemies is damaged and needs repairing.

So again you lie.

I may be wrong, but are you sure that their equipment weren't already damaged before you killed them?

So there are no monster invasions? Monsters LIVE in the wilderness and their own habitat but do kill humans who venture out in the wilderness and you can see the results of their attacks. You are just making excuses at this point.

No, they don't. You can find many NPCs in wilderness areas full of monsters and those never get attacked by the monsters and I see no reason why monsters shouldn't venture outside of their habitat in order to find food.

So a looting a system for a single player game that is not being a total bitch! How horrible but lets ignore the other SECRET treasure spots that are not on your map but you can discover them nonetheless as an extra reward for determined players.

Yeah, everywhere on the map is a hidden treasure, valuable stuff to loot and no one but you is interested in finding them. How very immersive!

Epona did the same in Zelda.

Would you prefer traveling back and carrying your horse on ship when going to Undvik in Skellige? if the horse thing bothers you so much never call your horse. Simply run back and get it and disable the call horse key from your keyboard.

It's how the horse is designed to work. We're not talking about ways to change the game and make it more immersive.

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! I looted things in the city and guards got pissed and killed me.

the only way to do it was to do it when the steal icon key was no longer there which only happened if people's back where to me.

No, you are wrong. I am aware that guards react to stealing, and guess what, nobody but them.

I only saw that from monsters who's monster nest I had not destroyed, human bandits do not respawn at their camps. Once you destory the nest they will not longer come back and if there was no nest they will NOT come back.

I've seen a lot of monsters reappear on the exact spot right after you killed a bunch of them, as if it's a spawn point that keeps spawning of the same type of monsters.

I have finished the game and there are only TWO! two bosses that do this. The ghost at the light house witcher contract and the botchling.

Which made them some hard ass bosses but I dont see how this breaks immersion they are well timed and tough to beat and they both differ in the way you must defeat the boss.

Nope. There are more. How about THW guy in the elven ruins where Keira fights alongside you. How does that break immersion? Well, it's a well known boss-fight *trick* to make it more of a *challenge* for the player. This *trick* has been around since the arcade era back in 80s. Just knowing about the trick and unrealistic nature of it breaks immersion.

I have no idea what in the hell you are talking about.

I'm not surprised.

there is already a mod that unlocks everything for you.

but then again skyrim does the same shit, mass effect did the same shit and the list goes on and on.

Again, there may be a mod, but we're not talking about mods. Skyrim does not do that, but Mass Effect does. 

Response in white. Alright so, not only everything you said is not present in skyrim, or at least in an unmodded skyrim they are all very superficial issues at the most. I know of no game in existance that do the things you are bitching about.

No, not everything is present in vanilla Skyrim, let alone a modded one. I don't know if you have ever played it at all. There are games that do some of them.

You are putting ridiculous standards that no other game has ever done or completely lied or mistaken about some fundamental issues.

Not at all ridiculous and I have no reason to lie about anything. I'm not a big fan of Skyrim either. I've criticized everything about it countless times here, and why should I not do the same for TW3?

By the way you were suppose to compare The Witcher 3 to Skyrim which you failed to do. If you actually did so you would not have made this dumb ass post.

In your imagination maybe. Never said I was going to compare TW3 with Skyrim. I've only said that modded Skyrim is more immersive and asked you why you thought TW3 the most immersive. As everyone mods Skyrim to their own taste it would be rather pointless to compare it to TW3 in terms of immersion.

on your list as everything you posted as complaints neither exists or existed in vanilla Skyrim.

Nope. We've covered some of the differences above in case you didn't notice.

perhaps the only thing that Skyrim has that Witcher does not is the fact that you can kill everyone (except quest characters).

That's one of them obviously.

I guess this is the best someone can expect from someone who likes a shitty pay to win korean MMORPG... Yea... immersion!

Well, I've never claimed that its the "most immersive game eva!", unlike you, but that "shitty" Korean MMORPG has probably the largest and most detailed seamless open-world with tons of NPCs doing *actual* work, not to mention it has the best character customization ever, and tons of other great features you clearly have no idea about and not P2W at all. And this *shitty* Korean MMO hasn't even been finished or released in EU/US yet, still many people from US/EU are currently playing it, even though it's in Korean. If that doesn't tell you anything, then you have no idea about games, which is probably the case actually.

A few months later, when the hype is over, you'll find significantly less people here still playing TW3 and/or discussing it. A year later the game will be history, just like the first two. However, many people are still playing and modding Skyrim after three years. There are still many people who prefer a three year old Skyrim to TW3 despite its flaws. Why do you think? Never mind, you don't obviously.

Sad how this topic suppose to be about The Witcher 3 and talk like grow ups what you like and like not about the game. But nooo...some have to degrade to dumb talk about rpg game they don't know anything about and have no clue what RPG is plus hate thats the sad part of these persons.

You like it or not if not go somewhere else with your dumb crap if you dont like The Witcher 3.

And leave it to the fanboys like yourself, right? No one but you has the right to say anything about your beloved game.

The people who point out the flaws in games are the ones who help the development of better games, not the fanboy who knows nothing but praise. Better keep that in mind.

Guest Vendayn

Here is a guide I made to get a good looking game and 30+ FPS on low/mid-end systems. The game looks amazing, just don't expect 60 fps on these settings (without a whole bunch of downgrading, unless you have a high-end PC). 30 FPS is more than playable for me anyway, as long as it doesn't drop below it

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/384nrb/guide_an_amazing_looking_game_that_is_stable_for/

And leave it to the fanboys like yourself, right? No one but you has the right to say anything about your beloved game.

The people who point out the flaws in games are the ones who help the development of better games, not the fanboy who knows nothing but praise. Better keep that in mind.

Hopeless and sad :(... you absolutely don't get it do you?

Hopeless and sad :(... you absolutely don't get it do you?

Do you?

Archived