The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

such once again my comment, I have all three of The Witcher games 1 and 2 even double, because they had to be completely reworked!
graphic is TW3 unbeatable, but playful it is not so special, especially if it is to be the last part of The Witcher.
I've played through it and the end, like it quite and not at all! Ciri disappears in an ice dimension and dies there likely,

Geralt defeats the King of the Wild Hunt, kills the last Muhme, takes the wolf amulet that Ciri from Vesemir got and let himself then from ghouls kill.
no happy end with Triss or Janvier, not a big victory celebration, no information on the other chars from game, a short Chopped off end.

:(  :(  :(  :(

Did you watch the video at the end, because my ending was very different then yours. 

Also you should put a spoiler on your post.

Wow. 

Spoiler about Black Pearl quest ahead.

If anyone needs any direction as to how a side quest should be done, they need look no further than TW3's Black Pearl. Wow. What a simple, powerful, emotionally charged quest. This is a simple fetch quest of sorts that really drives a stake deep into your heart at the very end. I'm not sure if its because I'd been discussing the terrible, indescribable horror of Alzheimer's disease earlier in the day with a friend or what, but when I completed this quest today I was left empty and sad inside.

That this ex soldier wanted a gift for his wife, and you had to go and fetch it, all because he wanted to maker her happy and feel again, and that it didn't work because her memory is too far gone... I honestly shed a tear. It's terrifying. This is a fantasy game, but the situation described is very, very real. Perfect example of how to make a quest, and something CDPR are the best at. Design wise, a totally mundane quest. But narrative wise, something else entirely. 10/10. Them feels...

There is a lot of staff like that in Witcher 3. For example I found a cart with a monster guarding the treasure chest. After I killed the monster I looted a letter from a dead peasant's body. The letter was from his wife's cousin I think, he was inviting them to live in his house and share the food in the difficult time of war. The chest is closed, so you need to find a key to open it. At first I did not realize how horrific the scene was, only after I started to look around for the key. I found the dead peasant's wife and his kid lying near each other all in blood and the key was on his wife's dead body.

Another tragic death for another family. You don't even need a quest for it.

Yeh done quest also and agree CD project did great job with many side quests.

Indeed, it is one of many examples.

There is a lot of staff like that in Witcher 3. For example I found a cart with a monster guarding the treasure chest. After I killed the monster I looted a letter from a dead peasant's body. The letter was from his wife's cousin I think, he was inviting them to live in his house and share the food in the difficult time of war. The chest is closed, so you need to find a key to open it. At first I did not realize how horrific the scene was, only after I started to look around for the key. I found the dead peasant's wife and his kid lying near each other all in blood and the key was on his wife's dead body.

Another tragic death for another family. You don't even need a quest for it.

Yeah, I know, I found that too.

Another one was...

Where you kill some deserters torturing a merchant, and one of the deserters has a letter telling his family they don't have to starve anymore, and that he loves his wife and children, and wants to see them again, and tells his wife to wear a lace underwear next time they see each other... its that "humanising the enemy" angle and it really works. I regretted killing him. I wished I could have axied/convinced him to rethink his life. Instead I made a widow and lile 3 orphans. Brilliant.

Guest Vendayn

So, White Orchard is pretty fail.

After playing all day in the area after white orchard...is WAY more epic. I went to the city and it feels so lively. It kinda reminds me of Guild Wars 2 cities, but better and less NPCs standing around doing nothing.

So my initial experience was wrong...the large play area is VASTLY better than I thought it be. The NPCs are a lot better. In White Orchard, they felt so scripted and limited...but that doesn't seem to be in the area after from my experience. Especially that huge city, wow...it feels like being in an actual city. Its really awesome.

After playing all day in the area after white orchard...is WAY more epic. I went to the city and it feels so lively. It kinda reminds me of Guild Wars 2 cities, but better and less NPCs standing around doing nothing.

So my initial experience was wrong...the large play area is VASTLY better than I thought it be. The NPCs are a lot better. In White Orchard, they felt so scripted and limited...but that doesn't seem to be in the area after from my experience. Especially that huge city, wow...it feels like being in an actual city. Its really awesome.

Lol that's what you get from judging a game from it's prologue/tutorial zone. A bit like people saying Dragon Age Inquisition is shit because the quests in the Hinterlands are boring fetch missions or "bring the bull back". 

Guest Vendayn

Lol that's what you get from judging a game from it's prologue/tutorial zone. A bit like people saying Dragon Age Inquisition is shit because the quests in the Hinterlands are boring fetch missions or "bring the bull back". 

lol, well probably should have got past it. xD But at least I admit that I was wrong :P

In any case. I'm having a lot of fun. I'm playing with the HUD all off and walking most places, but occasionally use the horse. Very immersive for me :) Still can't get over how big the map is lol.

In any case. I'm having a lot of fun. I'm playing with the HUD all off and walking most places, but occasionally use the horse. Very immersive for me :) Still can't get over how big the map is lol.

Velen is big, but Skellige is even bigger somehow. So you'll crap your pants once you get there. If you don't use fast travel like me and use the boat to go to each island, it takes ages, and even more so if you stop along the way to dive and look for treasure/kill sirens/drowners/explore islands... 

About Skellige by the way, I was slowly driving my boat around a seemingly uninhibited small island, and when I passed one of the big hills around it, I saw a big ass ruined castle. So I landed my boat to the little docks on the other side, and was greeted immediately by 12 pirates shouting "'tis OUR crib ye fooker, get the fook outta here !". So naturally, I kill them, all their friends in the castle, their boss, and even the sheep they kept in the backyard.

Apparently their boss was some sort of fanatic serving a "Great God" by torturing people and impaling them with stakes. He had a chest with around 200 florens, which converted to amounts to 350 crowns, so that was cool. Oh and in the room next to where he was torturing people, there was a cell missing one wall, on the cliff side. On the floor there was Tyrion Lannister, dead on the floor in the same clothes he had in GOT when he was imprisoned in the Eyrie, and when he saw him Geralt said "Guess he didn't know how to fly", referring to what Robert the lord of the Eyrie said on the TV show "I want to see if the little man can fly !"

Just epic. 

such once again my comment, I have all three of The Witcher games 1 and 2 even double, because they had to be completely reworked!

graphic is TW3 unbeatable, but playful it is not so special, especially if it is to be the last part of The Witcher.

I've played through it and the end, like it quite and not at all! Ciri disappears in an ice dimension and dies there likely,

Geralt defeats the King of the Wild Hunt, kills the last Muhme, takes the wolf amulet that Ciri from Vesemir got and let himself then from ghouls kill.

no happy end with Triss or Janvier, not a big victory celebration, no information on the other chars from game, a short Chopped off end.

Did you watch the video at the end, because my ending was very different then yours. 

LOL why a spoiler?

anyone can read what I have to say, not everyone is with all  thrilled and claps to everything acclaim.

it's just a fucking game and not that Judgment Day or the Third World War.

I have a bit more life experience, like most here and I have already computer games played than the most still in the diapers lay.

LOL why a spoiler?

anyone can read what I have to say, not everyone is with all  thrilled and claps to everything acclaim.

I have a bit more life experience, like most here and I have already computer games played than the most still in the diapers lay.

Maybe others dont want the ending spoiled for them? Crazy though I know.

LOL why a spoiler?

Putting a spoiler is a common courtesy, with all that life experience shouldn't you know that?

LOL why a spoiler?

I am curious, why don't you value story telling through games like you seem to do with other forms of media?

Personally I would be much more bummed out if someone spoiled the ending of a game, in which I've spent dozens of hours enjoying, over a movie that last only a few.

112 hours 44% complete "LOVE THE STORY AND SKIP NOTHING game is great because of cinamatic story :P " im lvl 24.

Exploring mostly doing side quest found some real nice dungeons and great fights with mobs. Found dungeon with lvl31 mobs on skellige was real tough fight but im realy getting hang of it some great loot also. At moment collecting all gear sets.

Almost on feline lvl 25 for weapons and armor at lvl26.

Still enjoy it alot.

I am level 25 and I have finished absolutely everything, there is literally nothing left, hell I am running out of NPCs to challenge to a Gwent match.

All thats left is some question marks left on Skellige (I hate sailing) and the main quest "Ugly Baby".

I was going to ask about replay value, but it seems nobody's actually done yet...

I have finished the main quest line, but not all the secondary quest/ witcher contracts. I could only imagine myself doing one replay through the main quest line just to see some of the different choices, but then again I never replayed Skyrim's main quest. It's definitely less of a sandbox type of game when compared to Skyrim. There's no rampages killing guards and friendly npcs, no playing through as another class, not crime except getting attacked by guards if caught stealing. You know the things that make Skyrim fun.

I was going to ask about replay value, but it seems nobody's actually done yet...

Not done yet, but I had thought myself about this and ... well, the main strength of the game is its story, but once that is done I do not see a good reason to play through it immediately again. Just like I don't read a book or watch a movie a second right after I got through it.

The gameplay (like levelling Geralt, combat etc) is not really that diverse to justify an immediate re-run either, at least for me. Geralt is Geralt, you can hardly play him differently. Well, maybe "signs only" or some things, but I consider that more like self-punishment and not really fun. Its not like other RPGs (Skyrim, Dragon Age etc) where you may have the urge to play as a Mage, or Rogue for a different playstyle, or use different companions for different tactis. Witcher lacks those...

I mean ... I usually play two hours or so after work, and in Novigrad's Dandelion-Quests it felt often like I listened more to dialogue and stuff, instead of actually "doing" something. Still fun though, but...probably only the first time around. Take that first-time-experience away, and Witcher becomes a bit less great, I am afraid to say...

Others may object though, of course

Not done yet, but I had thought myself about this and ... well, the main strength of the game is its story, but once that is done I do not see a good reason to play through it immediately again. Just like I don't read a book or watch a movie a second right after I got through it.

The gameplay (like levelling Geralt, combat etc) is not really that diverse to justify an immediate re-run either, at least for me. Geralt is Geralt, you can hardly play him differently. Well, maybe "signs only" or some things, but I consider that more like self-punishment and not really fun. Its not like other RPGs (Skyrim, Dragon Age etc) where you may have the urge to play as a Mage, or Rogue for a different playstyle, or use different companions for different tactis. Witcher lacks those...

I mean ... I usually play two hours or so after work, and in Novigrad's Dandelion-Quests it felt often like I listened more to dialogue and stuff, instead of actually "doing" something. Still fun though, but...probably only the first time around. Take that first-time-experience away, and Witcher becomes a bit less great, I am afraid to say...

Others may object though, of course

Correctly, the game fun is after the first time over.

I play Skyrim since 11. 11. 2011, and that every day more than 12 hours.

and to this day I have never felt bored, because it by modding always something new there!

if CD Projekt this train missed, then The Witcher 3 is in a few months 'history'! ;)

LOL why a spoiler?

I am curious, why don't you value story telling through games like you seem to do with other forms of media?

Personally I would be much more bummed out if someone spoiled the ending of a game, in which I've spent dozens of hours enjoying, over a movie that last only a few.

Ah now I understand, you are sour because I have betrayed the end of the game.

I'm sorry, but I was so furious, I could not do otherwise.

edit: I have by the way lvl 35 reached. ;)  :P

Edit 2: The Witcher 1 how much women seduced 10 - 20

The Witcher 2 how much women seduced  5 - 7

The Witcher 3 how much women seduced 3

Whores not counted.

Geralt is old grown, death pants. :lol:

Correctly, the game fun is after the first time over.

I play Skyrim since 11. 11. 2011, and that every day more than 12 hours.

and to this day I have never felt bored, because it by modding always something new there!

if CD Projekt this train missed, then The Witcher 3 is in a few months 'history'! ;)

Every day 12 hours of Skyrim? Really? Ever considered professional help, that doesn't sound too healthy... :angel:

Witcher in a couple of months will win game of the year/RPG of the year (only contender might be Pillars of eternity, which sadly doesn't have boobies to "sell" it ^^). Then addons will be released...its far from dying, far from fading into history. Also it has done one wonderful thing: Proved that even simple fetch-quests can and should be wrapped in engaging stories - Bioware, Bethesda, both no longer can ignore that for future games of their IPs, as fans will always mention how the Witcher does it better...and thanks for that alone, Geralt!

And I love how people are getting at each others throats here...if this is happening discussing a game, no wonder mankind even fights wars about politics and religion...mankind, ... mankind never changes ... here you all, grab some of those!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: !

It's true, whenever somebody is talking RPG's or general graphics, the Witcher 3 comparison always comes up.

It's really a new standard, CD must be proud as hell.

Not only that, imagine the TES 6, I am sure right now at their headquarters CDPR pretty much just bitch slapped them. Some unknown polish company just outdid fallout 4 in both story and graphics (lets not kid ourselves), just imagine the competition.

until around late 2016 and 2017, CPDR is working on witcher expansions and other content, as they said, by around that time the next TES VI should be making the rounds for release.

Perhaps finally bugfesta will not be giving us the most ugliest character models imaginable.

About the re-playabality. there is not much, the only reason I am starting it a third time is because I missed some opportunities in some sections I cannot get back and this time I am not going to rush the game.

But yea, unlike skyrim there is not much replayability. Which is fine imo, compare that to skyrim, do people replay skyrim just to do the quests again? hell no, they were pretty annoying the first time anyway.

---snip---

Every day 12 hours of Skyrim? Really? Ever considered professional help, that doesn't sound too healthy... :angel:

---snip---

ich bin ein alter mann, alleine und habe sehr viel zeit und keine lust am TV meine rübe mit allerlei mist voll zu ballern. :P

da zehn mal lieber den PC. ;)

---snip---

---snip---

ich bin ein alter mann, alleine und habe sehr viel zeit und keine lust am TV meine rübe mit allerlei mist voll zu ballern. :P

da zehn mal lieber den PC. ;)

There's nothing wrong with spending half of the day playing games if you have nothing better to do. In fact, it may even help you keep your sanity in this horribly fucked up world.

Archived