The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

---snip---

Every day 12 hours of Skyrim? Really? Ever considered professional help, that doesn't sound too healthy... :angel:

---snip---

ich bin ein alter mann, alleine und habe sehr viel zeit und keine lust am TV meine rübe mit allerlei mist voll zu ballern. :P

da zehn mal lieber den PC. ;)

There's nothing wrong with spending half of the day playing games if you have nothing better to do. In fact, it may even help you keep your sanity in this horribly fucked up world.

gefuehle_0232.gif

I was going to ask about replay value, but it seems nobody's actually done yet...

Depands if you like to rewatch your favourite movie.  There are bits that make you wonder how things would turn out if you did them differently but nothing in scope  like in TW2 afaik that would make you want to replay the game right away . However even without replaying the size, quality and first rate fun the game is giving is well worth the money for me.

I will be replaying it because i simply enjoy the quests/dialogues and i got few things that i want to try differently.

I have finished the main quest line, but not all the secondary quest/ witcher contracts. I could only imagine myself doing one replay through the main quest line just to see some of the different choices, but then again I never replayed Skyrim's main quest. It's definitely less of a sandbox type of game when compared to Skyrim. There's no rampages killing guards and friendly npcs, no playing through as another class, not crime except getting attacked by guards if caught stealing. You know the things that make Skyrim fun.

Funny if i replay game just to try another class i end up never finishing it. Had just that with DAI - unocked keep, specialization and couldn't play far beyond that.

---snip---

Every day 12 hours of Skyrim? Really? Ever considered professional help, that doesn't sound too healthy... :angel:

---snip---

ich bin ein alter mann, alleine und habe sehr viel zeit und keine lust am TV meine rübe mit allerlei mist voll zu ballern. :P

There's nothing wrong with spending half of the day playing games if you have nothing better to do. In fact, it may even help you keep your sanity in this horribly fucked up world.

gefuehle_0232.gif

insane you must be good in arpg... no matter what game 12h/day i would lose sanity in no time.

I was going to ask about replay value, but it seems nobody's actually done yet...

Depands if you like to rewatch your favourite movie.  There are bits that make you wonder how things would turn out if you did them differently but nothing in scope  like in TW2 afaik that would make you want to replay the game right away . However even without replaying the size, quality and first rate fun the game is giving is well worth the money for me.

I will be replaying it because i simply enjoy the quests/dialogues and i got few things that i want to try differently.

I have finished the main quest line, but not all the secondary quest/ witcher contracts. I could only imagine myself doing one replay through the main quest line just to see some of the different choices, but then again I never replayed Skyrim's main quest. It's definitely less of a sandbox type of game when compared to Skyrim. There's no rampages killing guards and friendly npcs, no playing through as another class, not crime except getting attacked by guards if caught stealing. You know the things that make Skyrim fun.

Funny if i replay game just to try another class i end up never finishing it. Had just that with DAI - unocked keep, specialization and couldn't play far beyond that.

---snip---

---snip---

gefuehle_0232.gif

insane you must be good in arpg... no matter what game 12h/day i would lose sanity in no time.

should I such as most of old mens on the couch sitting and thumbs rotate or drilling with the finger in the nose? :lol: 

since prefer I tend the PC, it's brain Training and it keeps my reflexes fit. ;)

I've personally found just doing the Story - Easy Mode - is best for the first play-thru, about 60-80 hours. Then play again, doing all quests in White Orchard before leaving; and do all content: quests, treasure hunts.. etc. before searching for Hendricks (pause main campaign); eventually starting Chapter One, the main quests, when everything else has been covered, explored. 

I'm also using this mod, but with high difficulty settings, so you'll gain skill points fast enough to keep the game challenging and interesting as talents are unlocked faster for survival builds. Some of the tougher fights with a single monster can take upwards of an hour. Very reminiscent of heavily modded dragon battles in Skyrim. Also, turn all (most) the HUD candy off for best immersion. I've no clue the level of mob I'm fighting (or health status), but I'd suspect battles that take over 30 minutes are at levels much higher than pc, worthy battles and good exp (using kill exp multiplier in mod linked).  

In the second play-thru you can chart your decisions more deliberately for all the after-campaign mods and official content that will roll out over the next few years. The game wasn't really designed as Sandbox, so just do the story, then play assuming it will be sandbox eventually -- from Redkit content to several expansions. There is a Guild Wars Original feeling about the game and that game had official content releasing for upwards of half a decade. 

Still in my first run through and have plenty left a lot secret caves and stuff love it.

Level 25.

No mods installed i always want 100% vanilla experience before i even start modding.

Replay value is high-ish simply because there are many variations on the ending you can get including at least 3 main endings along with tons of little changes to them depending on your decisions.

such once again my comment, I have all three of The Witcher games 1 and 2 even double, because they had to be completely reworked!
graphic is TW3 unbeatable, but playful it is not so special, especially if it is to be the last part of The Witcher.
I've played through it and the end, like it quite and not at all! Ciri disappears in an ice dimension and dies there likely,

Geralt defeats the King of the Wild Hunt, kills the last Muhme, takes the wolf amulet that Ciri from Vesemir got and let himself then from ghouls kill.
no happy end with Triss or Janvier, not a big victory celebration, no information on the other chars from game, a short Chopped off end.

:(  :(  :(  :(

Did you watch the video at the end, because my ending was very different then yours. 

Also you should put a spoiler on your post.

LOL why a spoiler?

anyone can read what I have to say, not everyone is with all  thrilled and claps to everything acclaim.

it's just a fucking game and not that Judgment Day or the Third World War.
I have a bit more life experience, like most here and I have already computer games played than the most still in the diapers lay.

Maybe others dont want the ending spoiled for them? Crazy though I know.

What was spoiled was AN ending. Still a dick move on Winny's part but there are at least two other major variations on the ending. My ending didn't resemble Winny's AT ALL.

-snip-

I'd actually MUCH prefer a game to have a compass, but not a magical lazily-made completely non-immersive one that was probably made in less than 30 minutes. But an actual compass you need to take out and look at (like in real life, imagine that)...but no game does that lol. Anyway...

-snip-

When I was looking through this games pictures on steam I new I had to come back and reply to your comment.

ss_4b4d7cc93d18edbba55fe5c4d932f1e297db5

It's called  called Ark: Survival Evolved. It's an early access survival type game with dinosaurs. Judging by it's reviews it could be a decent game when it's fully released and optimized. Oh yea, and you can ride the dinosaurs.

ss_4047e623e63ac026fb82c2e03df6096807954

ss_4b4d7cc93d18edbba55fe5c4d932f1e297db5

Reminded me of Miasmata, a relatively unknown survival game with a similarly aggravating map system.

321cd244b55ac01cbc4e4f82453665a2b5d8a6da

I think you had to actually triangulate between nearby landmarks to determine your position on the map/add new areas to it.

Immersive for sure, but also something I'd personally never bother with.

Arc looks fun as hell and apparently it is also completely free for all pvp.

I dont believe in early access, so I will wait until its full release. As long as its not a monthly subscription thing or full of DLC (or pay to win) I will be interested.

It's called  called Ark: Survival Evolved. It's an early access survival type game with dinosaurs. Judging by it's reviews it could be a decent game when it's fully released and optimized. Oh yea, and you can ride the dinosaurs.

Watched it in several Twitch streams. It's an eye opener game showing you, once again, how obnoxious the human race is, in case you didn't already know. Players kill each other instead of cooperating, they gang up on each other, or on some innocent dinosaur minding its own business. You see, if we had a time machine to go back in time, dinosaurs would become extinct once again, and this time not by an asteroid.

Does anyone else like the forests?

They are pretty, but a bit fantasy-ish looking. Forests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance are more realistic looking.

Angryjoe's W3 review is finally out! And another 10/10 rating!!

Yeah, the most unbiased review ever! :lol:

They are pretty, but a bit fantasy-ish looking. Forests in Kingdom Come: Deliverance are more realistic looking.

Ah fuck me, and here I thought I was playing a fantasy game lol. Should've known it was a biopic all along ...

Any reason why a fantasy game shouldn't have realistic looking trees?

Ah fuck me, and here I thought I was playing a fantasy game lol. Should've known it was a biopic all along ...

Nah the question is : any reason why a fantasy game shouldn't have fantasy trees ? 

PS : Let's not get into an argument about trees please, it would be even more retarded that the other pisswars on this thread. Was just making a joke, keep that finger off the triggerr

Nah the question is : any reason why a fantasy game shouldn't have fantasy trees ?

How about because it's less immersive?

PS : Let's not get into an argument about trees please, it would be even more retarded that the other pisswars on this thread. Was just making a joke, keep that finger off the triggerr

Then the next time think twice before you getting into it.

One could argue that fantasy trees would immerse you more into a fantasy game than realistic trees you see everyday while picking up your groceries. A bit like how having two headed rabbits in a fantasy game immerses you more into the game without looking one bit realistic. And also everything that makes fantasy fantasy. Like unnatural flashy lights and saturated colors in a certain korean MMO ;)

I'm starting to sound like the worst fanboy ever trying to defend every single part of the game lol. Yet seems unavoidable when people with nothing else to do come here to purposely start arguments right ? 

One could argue that fantasy trees would immerse you more into a fantasy game than realistic trees you see everyday while picking up your groceries. A bit like how having two headed rabbits in a fantasy game immerses you more into the game without looking one bit realistic.

More and more fantasy games, including TW3, try to create life like environments with photo-realistic graphics. Why do you think that is? Is it because a fantasy world looking like a fantasy world is more immersive, or is it the other way around?

I'm starting to sound like the worst fanboy ever trying to defend every single part of the game lol. Yet seems unavoidable when people with nothing else to do come here to purposely start arguments right ?

You *are* a fanboy trying to defend the game and that's why you start arguments with anyone who posts anything negative about the game, often in an obnoxious manner. I merely expressed my opinion in my message and moved on, but you couldn't tolerate it, as expected from a fanboy.

Yup Bjornk is back with his "i dislike the game how dare you like it!" Just ignore the likes.

Oh yeah, that's how I express my "dislike" of TW3, by saying that forests in TW3 are *pretty*, but not as realistic looking as some other game. The actual problem is, fanboys like you never want to hear any sort of criticism, no matter how small or insignificant it is. In this case, it wasn't even a criticism, just an opinion.

One could argue that fantasy trees would immerse you more into a fantasy game than realistic trees you see everyday while picking up your groceries. A bit like how having two headed rabbits in a fantasy game immerses you more into the game without looking one bit realistic. And also everything that makes fantasy fantasy. Like unnatural flashy lights and saturated colors in a certain korean MMO ;)

You seem the game really to love although it could have been better! ;) 

with presentation of violence (as one monster and people dismembered) is TW3 second to none, also with the use of the nastiest swear words like for example

(thou cunt, bitch, motherfucker, muck pig, bastard, sonofabitch and so forth) can no game compete.

but when it comes to, something erotic and sex to bring into play, then pull ass a. :P

edit: and caution with the insults, everyone has the right to express his opinion. ;)

In my opionion, Witcher 3 is graphicswise uglier than Witcher 2. Yeah, you have all that "flying" hair and stuff but the characters look life- and loveless. The story is...well to "pumped up", they try despred to give the series an epic last part but they overdid it, by miles. Just look at the teleporting ninja gaiden Ciri...ridiculous.

Could rant much more but i'm just happy that i saved 60 bucks and diddn't buy it.

In my opionion, Witcher 3 is graphicswise uglier than Witcher 2. Yeah, you have all that "flying" hair and stuff but the characters look life- and loveless. The story is...well to "pumped up", they try despred to give the series an epic last part but they overdid it, by miles. Just look at the teleporting ninja gaiden Ciri...ridiculous.

Could rant much more but i'm just happy that i saved 60 bucks and diddn't buy it.

That sounds like me about the "downgrade" before playing the game. I would compare to complaining that instead of cherry there is now strawberry on my cake even when whole things tastes much better now. I loved TW2 but TW3 beats it in 9 out of 10 places being faar superior game overally.

@Ciri is pretty much omnipotent, at the end of books she becomes basicly a goddess. If something i would wonder how is that she is so weak now lol.

Finished the game, not because i finished everything (GOG states 58% 90h) but because game was just too easy (playing on Broken bones) , want to start new on highest and makes some different choices on my way too.  From the point when i decideed to finish it it took me 15h of doing main quests Oo.

Damn It was epic and sure CDPR likes to bounce your feelings around like a ball.

@winny257 - i could now read your ending spoiler and also checked out the options we have - you got the words/bad ending.

Too much scolding

Here is my personal vote across the game, the highest score 10
Graphics                                 10 \ 10
Games Physics                        10 \ 10
Depiction of Violence               10 \ 10
again Gameplay                       6 \ 10
Erotic \ Sex                             2 \ 10
Story                                      8 \ 10
End                                        3 \ 10

Enough is enough.  No more calling folks fanboys or worse.  Don't like the game, MOVE THE FUCK ON AND STOP POSTING IN THIS THREAD.  Start your own thread and hate on the game all you like.  This thread was clearly made to talk about the game (please use spoilers for "spoilery" material....is that even a word????) and its quests and eventually its mods and mod tools.  Anyone found posting snarky comments about how fake the fantasy trees are or appear to be, will be issued a warning.  

No game is perfect after all, so let's stop going at one another.  No game is worth pissing in one another's post toasties.  Post toasties are far too yummy with milk to have folks pissing in them!   :P

Archived