The next stage: The Witcher 3

Sacremas

So who's waitting around for Witcher 3?

And more important for us, do we know yet if there's going to be serious modding tools and likelyhood for a modding scene for it? Granted the whole thing with you only controllign Geralt makes the stories a lot more limted than Bethesda games, but there's still potential, and maybe someone will even come out with a new campaign storyline only for modding and going around the world with an unvoiced protagonist, even a female one?

What are your experiences modding Witcher 2, and have you heard anything about tools yet for the third one?

Here's Gopher's videos from visiting CDProject RED and a preview gameplay, I'm seeing all sorts of potential here in a world like this;

I've heard rumors there may even be a female PC in the vanilla game... who knows :)

In certain parts of the game you'll be able to control Ciri, that's all.

BTW, Gopher is not the kind of person to be taken as a reference on The Witcher. I have no idea why CDPR invited him as one of the Youtubers to preview the game. His playthrough of TW was painful to watch to say the least. There's another guy on YT called ChristopherOdd who is a lot more knowledgeable on TW series both as the games and the books and had two different playthroughs on TW2. I recommend keeping an eye on his channel for a LP of TW3 before buying the game.

If you're looking for specific things in games, you'll need to watch a proper LP to see whether or not they're there, as none of the reviews will mention those details.

I wish I would have watched a LP on DA:I. I'll be taking that advice on new games.

If you're looking for specific things in games, you'll need to watch a proper LP to see whether or not they're there, as none of the reviews will mention those details.

I wish I would have watched a LP on DA:I. I'll be taking that advice on new games.

That's what a smart buyer would do.

I've heard rumors there may even be a female PC in the vanilla game... who knows :)

BTW, Gopher is not the kind of person to be taken as a reference on The Witcher. I have no idea why CDPR invited him as one of the Youtubers to preview the game. His playthrough of TW was painful to watch to say the least. There's another guy on YT called ChristopherOdd who is a lot more knowledgeable on TW series both as the games and the books and had two different playthroughs on TW2. I recommend keeping an eye on his channel for a LP of TW3 before buying the game.

Indeed. Odd however has become a true Witcher-Maniac and might actually be a little biased by now, however he also is one of the few LP-ers around I really care to watch ... he is smart, has a very nice voice and takes his time for the story (Canadians...), and is not so overly annoying like Pewdiepie and the likes...though no millionaire either I guess ... :dodgy: 

Yet I rather play games after work than watchign an LP of it. Sometimes I do if I am really bored though, and the LP needs to be fun or informative. Or a nostalgic trip like watching a Half-Life LP...or a truly bad game (like Limbo of the Lost)

Now I still ahven't pre-ordered Witcher 3 though ... read the books, even tried to play the games once more before but...I don't know, I am not really hyped anymore for some reason. But I'll nevertheless play the game. As long as it tells is story better then the last book of the Sapkowski-Story, and keeps Ciri at a bare minimum (what an annoying brat, I was glad whenever Sapkoswki got back to the Geralt-Plot or Yennefer)

I just bought a new GTX 980, and Witcher 3 was bundled. Guess I need to play through the second one first! Or the first... that was too painful aorund the second act and I lost interest.

In the process of redeeming I joined GOG.com, damn that was a smooth sign-up, and got an Ultima game, some other crap, and Beneath a Steel Sky, one of my favorite adventure games ever. I'm just going to say it now, I like these guys!

World looks great but graphics sucks(console crap) every god damn video with controller or played on console.

I realy hope they dont fuck it up.

Also have no hope for AMD its dumb down for ncrap bah:(

Bought the game year ago and Expansion pass last week just to support them, but will they betray me thats the big question and it will be answered in 2 weeks time.

My last hope.

If its keyboard mouse perfect(i judge a game by that) then you wont see me much here anymore, unless this site also gonne support the witcher 3 for mods?(seems bethesda only site?).

World looks great but graphics sucks(console crap) every god damn video with controller or played on console.

I realy hope they dont fuck it up.

Also have no hope for AMD its dumb down for ncrap bah:(

Bought the game year ago and Expansion pass last week just to support them, but will they betray me thats the big question and it will be answered in 2 weeks time.

My last hope.

If its keyboard mouse perfect(i judge a game by that) then you wont see me much here anymore, unless this site also gonne support the witcher 3 for mods?(seems bethesda only site?).

You can always post pictures from the w3, or even write a series of articles like a playthrough diary something. And don't worry you can write it in dutch I haven’t got a problem with that.... all the others can use google translation :)

So how you guys start game on what difficulty level?

First of all i have zero info on the game(always do that on purpose) i also dont visit wiki's guide walk through i always wanne learn and find out myself.

I will start at hardest possible something i also always do.

Dunno how many difficulty levels are but ghoper talks about hard level?

I usually play though any games first on whatever difficulty the developers intended the game to be played on, usually this is medium, but some notable games the developers had hard in mind from the beginning, and then I set up the difficulty curve on my second playthrough for a bit of a challenge when going back for secrets and alternate endings. I'm an absolute klutz with zero manual dexterity or reflexes so challenging games like Dark Souls usually isn't my cuppa with a few exceptions, but I'm a master at powergaming a system as well so in any RPG once I know how things work maximum difficulty (and then usually modded for even higher) isn't any issue.

When playing through what I did for Witcher 1 I looked at the guides and such for a complete walkthrough because I didn't like it very much (dated mainly, I can deal with dated as I still play NWN 2 and such, but dated and something I initially don't care about is too much) and wanted to avoid having to replay to see all of it. Second one what little I've played I actually did enjoy so when I reinstall that very soon and play through it in prep for the third I'm not going to use any guides.

This is how you play as Ciri...

She doesn't seem to have any signs. That short distance teleportation thing she keeps doing kinda reminds me the one in Black Desert.

Hm, also quite similar to Kingdoms of Amalur, it had such an evasive-teleport as well. I hope Ciri is having some more skills in battle, otherwise its the return to "Rolling Geralt" from TW2 ...

I am really digging the soundtrack I have to say ...

Guest endgameaddiction

That game looks very intriguing. Sadly with my specs, I'm far away from even the minimum requirements. Just a pip dreem.

Archived