Paid mods for skyrim.

Guest Suited Prawns

I think there will always be free modding to some extent, even if they try and force steam exclusivity in their future games.

The community will just be split between the mainstream(steam) and the underground mods which will comprise of pirated mods, adult mods, and mods that have copyrighted content from other franchises

Plus the asian modders, I'm not sure what they'll take on this will be

Mark my words majority even on this keep buying games from bethesda if its all paywall or not they just follow whats is popular as i already said only a very small group won't and they probably indeed go underground or whatever.

Don't kid yourself think we all think the same here on LL many here also agree with paywalls they just keep there mouth shut or go with MASS flow they always do.

Thats why i said this site fall victem(maybe) or they embrace new era eventually people have a nature of follow the big trents no exceptions here.

I hope not and we get thriving community that stay free and independed but im a pessimist with that idea i dont believe this will happen.

I am curious about the modders that are not from North America and Europe.

Anyways right play the game enjoy the mods we have, and I am still going to share content I've been working on.  I know its mostly just tweaks to weight painting on 7B devious stuff but anyways.

Have fun everyone,

I'll tab in now and then.

Mark my words majority even on this keep buying games from bethesda if its all paywall or not they just follow whats is popular as i already said only a very small group won't and they probably indeed go underground or whatever.

Don't kid yourself think we all think the same here on LL many here also agree with paywalls they just keep there mouth shut or go with MASS flow they always do.

Thats why i said this site fall victem(maybe) or they embrace new era eventually people have a nature of follow the big trents no exceptions here.

I hope not and we get thriving community that stay free and independed but im a pessimist with that idea i dont believe this will happen.

True but just because people buy games or even mods, doesn't take away the demand for the mods that cannot be monetized due to certain reasons

What does Sky UI 5.0 offers that should convince me to pay for it? I honestly only upgraded Sky UI whenever a new mod told me to.

a new craftingmenu.swf

6brmmXe.jpg

well... that one is worse than skyrim ui

R5f6RxQ.jpg

7ygPZLw.jpg

FAwSpZR.jpg

pSNDqxv.jpg

aBhm7sp.jpg

that's about it

FXIlST2.jpg

skyui 5.0 in google if you want it free

Posted on the Bethesda forums:

Given the poor attitude of the SkyUI developers in all of this, I will be updating any of my mods that use SkyUI to not show the MCM menu if a paid version of SkyUI is being used, along with a popup to recommend that the user download and use the free version 4.1 of SkyUI.

I recommend that all modders that use the SkyUI MCM do the same.

Best idea ever volontary incompatibilities is the best weapon in this war.

What does Sky UI 5.0 offers that should convince me to pay for it? I honestly only upgraded Sky UI whenever a new mod told me to.

a new craftingmenu.swf

6brmmXe.jpg

well... that one is worse than skyrim ui

R5f6RxQ.jpg

7ygPZLw.jpg

FAwSpZR.jpg

pSNDqxv.jpg

aBhm7sp.jpg

that's about it

FXIlST2.jpg

skyui 5.0 in google if you want it free

I heard that the 5.0 that got leaked had a crash when you open the map to discourage pirates xD

The problem with Frostfall by Chesko

The problem with Wet and Cold by Isuko

The problem is that the mods in question contain assets that are not their's.  The assets packaged belong to other mod makers that allowed them to use the assets under the understanding that it was a free mod.  Both of these authors have crossed the line here.  Such as meshes.

I think they were both aware of that, to a degree. Chesko didn't upload Frostfall as a paid mod, he added the new fishing one, and Arissa with, from what I read, things like Apachii hair removed. Isuko's changelog for Wet and Cold lists several things removed as well.

Of course, paying for fewer features isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of the system.

I was wondering, are you guys willing to donate or pay if each mod costs around a hundredth of a dollar?

I thought that if mods would be sold similarly to the price of average Steam Trading cards (which I'd assume it would be $0.05 or 0.06 with the minimum being $0.03) it would be more widely accepted because the Steam market already does that.

Of course this can be an option. People could choose whether to pay something or not, or they could pay just $0.01, or be generous and pay $1 or 2. And if modders get a share of at least 40% and Valve 25%, Bethesda 35%, then let's say that after 100,000 downloads the profit would be $6400, only if everyone paid $0.04. Which honestly is a decent amount of money.

And instead of the Nexus method of asking donations, Steam can simply have a window that pops up after clicking the "subscribe" button to adjust your price (from 0 to $20, 20 to avoid mistakes and exploitation(?)). So even people without Paypal can participate.

Okay, I guess that's a big no. 

Just thought of a mod idea, but don't have the modelling/rigging skills or the talent to pull it off..

Replace the "Hired Thugs" with Gabe Newell, Todd Howard and some other figureheads from Valve or Bethesda.

If anyone wants to run with this, please feel free to do so. I would love to see this in-game.

Doesn't take long to do that. Just make the npcs in the creation kit. You can use generic Nords to make your unique npcs. Then give them the quest package. Disable the original hired thugs. And that rare, rare moment when the hired thugs come for you they will be the unique npcs.

That's all you get for free.

Doesn't take long to do that. Just make the npcs in the creation kit. You can use generic Nords to make your unique npcs. Then give them the quest package. Disable the original hired thugs. And that rare, rare moment when the hired thugs come for you they will be the unique npcs.

That's all you get for free.

Yep, that's the easy part. The issue is making a fat enough model for Gabe and getting the texturing right.

Archived