What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

On 4/23/2020 at 11:05 AM, RitualClarity said:

True... and people actually die instead of getting needed medicines and treatment due to the fact that they can't pay.

I agree. If you are busy and can't keep up a conversation let 5 seconds to tell them. Let them know what you can do.  A couple of seconds to respond to someone that is important or even semi important to you is trivial. If that person is shit to you, just let them know it and stop the pretense.

Come back to me when you get dozens of PM's daily, one even more nonsensical than the other. :P

There were times I literally got 30 PM's a day, about 10 on each forum I frequent. Then there's about 5-10 pings on Discord.

Going through all that, just to reply quickly that I ain't got time to reply is... a day job in itself.

It's all about volume and frequency.

All Asian servers for Bannerlord are apparently under censorship from the CCP, because they are all located in China. You mention anything that the pro-people party doesn't like, such as saying "Tibet", you get a 10 years ban on multiplayer (..and can't get a refund either), mentioning as reason some obscure "violated terms of service" without details.

I would like to see those terms of service they get to read.

Well, maybe it will get better once other asian countries get servers too, although some say it is also sometimes enforced on worldwide servers.(not sure if this part is true though)

http://archive.is/XrVpw

And so the construction of a narrative begins. The only people complaining about TLOU2 are obviously the evil gamergate-adjacent manchild nazis. I mean, I won't deny that there's also some pretty vile and mean stuff going on regarding the leaks but claiming that's all there is to it is very dishonest and paints everyone who says anything critical about the game or ND as the infamous hacker known as 4chan. It's an obvious attempt to construct guilt by association - 'oh no I can't say anything bad about the game because then everyone will think I'm one of those people!'

The reason people shit on Abby and how she looks isn't because she isn't attractive, it's because of what the leaks show her doing in the game, making fun of the looks is just a very low hanging fruit. It's not a very nice thing to do but Abby isn't a real person anyway. Also, I might go a bit into tinfoilhat-territory but I don't really believe Sony's and Schreier's statements that the leaker wasn't an employee - given how much virtue signaling ND has done recently I'm sure their buttbuddies wouldn't rat them out on this. Schreier also wanted to deflect the talk about crunch to the identity of the leaker as if that makes everything okay if it wasn't someone working at ND. Also this: http://archive.is/oqnuL

It's an article from RT and should probably be taken with a grain of salt but I have to say, it's uncomfortably plausible all things considered.

12 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Come back to me when you get dozens of PM's daily, one even more nonsensical than the other. :P

There were times I literally got 30 PM's a day, about 10 on each forum I frequent. Then there's about 5-10 pings on Discord.

Going through all that, just to reply quickly that I ain't got time to reply is... a day job in itself.

It's all about volume and frequency.

I back to you :P

I have gotten dozens and dozens.. at one point as many as 50 or more PMs. a day. I stopped counting after that. I prioritized those that I was working with first, then worked my way down. Many were just in need of being told that I don't do support over PM and to go to the thread. Some, tried to continue and I just ignored them, deleted the PM and moved on.  Some were on various mods I never used or even posted a comment on. I remember one that I never knew of and it wasn't even on this site! (my nonsensical PMs)

You can't respond to all of it at once.  Some of those pings and such were likely from me! :P  I am sure of it!  lol.. Jokes aside. Do as you can, prioritize those that need to be addressed ASAP and get to the rest as you can. You did exactly as you should and have a loyal group of people that can help with the mundane support issues that might occur with your mods, help entertain and even converse with some of your fans in your absence. If someone has a problem with your response time, etc, it isn't your problem it is their problem.

You are an excellent example of a person handling their mods and communicating with their fans in a productive and positive  way.  Keep up the great work!

Spoiler

We are on the same page more than you might realize. My previous comment was in reference to those that are important to you. Friends and companions and such more so than random nonsensical poster/pm individuals.

Hello!

Ever had a person that seems to wanna keep you down even though they barely realize it themselves? I have to say that there is nothing more infuriating than those people!

I get being a realist, even a pessimist! A person who knows where it's at, someone who realizes how cruel of a place the world can really be. I've seen my share as well, though not as much as the person in question that's for sure!

What I don't get is the apathetic and almost completely devoid of life statement of "Well it's not up to you" or "us"......hell I even get where that statement comes from! I'd say the majority of things in this universe are way beyond our control!

But than the most glorious of all questions arises "What the hell is up to us anyway?"

What the hell are we even doing here anyway? Eating, shitting, occasionally fucking so we can bring someone else into an apparently worthless existence too? Is that it!

As far as I'm concerned, living a life where you do as you're told until the day you die is not a life worth living!

I get not wanting to endanger oneself and others, but my God safety and security can't be worth your God damn soul! And who Hell can guarantee these things anyway.

Streets of Rage 4 being a complete and utter disappointment marred by outdated cheap design and trashy bosses whose only difficulty comes from overlong invincibility frames and superarmor on screen-wide attacks while at leas 5 enemies crowd around you that react on the very frame you press a button at them. The legendary music of Yuzo Koshiro they advertised being random noise and dubstep, and the defensive options being nearly nonexistent when it comes to gameplay. Great idea making special attacks not have a super meter anymore and instead draining health you can recover by attacking enemies, it works great when you're swamped and as soon as your invincibility wears off you take a hit and end up worse than before. Fuck you. Wrote a review about it, cunts on Steam like "git gud" motherfucker I recommended a proper hard game in the very same review, a game with enough of the retro feel to give you the nostalgia tingle but with new and modern design options like parries, rolls, and a fucking GAUGE so you don't have to spend HP you're gonna lose anyway to get out of a bad situation. Outdated Arcade bullshit worse than even its predecessors' US releases isn't good. I don't need to "git gud" the game displayed front and centre on my steam profile is Sekiro, I know fair difficulty and good design when I see it. Eat shit. This isn't the kind of revival the series should've got, but I was expecting too much to begin with.

What a time to be alive when this is the kind of standards gaming communities have, being wholly unable to think critically and complacently eating product after product like pigs based on nostalgia alone. Vehemently defending objectively bad design left and right and to the death if necessary.

Maybe that was a little dramatic, I haven't been here for a while. hi~

On the bright side I have a reawakened itch to play Fight n' Rage instead. That's a good game.

I'm missing a few achievements anyway.

9 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Considering how poor sor3 sold compared to sor2, yeah maybe a little. People that don't like sor3 outnumber that liked sor3 by like 10:1, because there is no challenge with sor3 once you learn how long your iframes last versus the bosses'/minibosses iframes. Considering people were getting the "perfection" achievement on day one with sor3 Axel and no death runs on mania with him two days later, no comment.

also hi

6 hours ago, TheOzoneHole said:

*sigh* what have I missed this time?

Apart from him nerfing everything to shit in recent patches, there are some rumors he wanted to force some modder to make his next DLC a prerequisite for his mods or something like that. 

The constant bickering and fanboy arguments around Vortex vs MO2. Every time someone needs help it devolves into a 20 minute debate about which is better, when in reality both do a job, and both requires the user to learn. I wish people would just help rather then create more confusion.

My .2c for today.

14 hours ago, 27X said:

Considering how poor sor3 sold compared to sor2, yeah maybe a little. People that don't like sor3 outnumber that liked sor3 by like 10:1, because there is no challenge with sor3 once you learn how long your iframes last versus the bosses'/minibosses iframes. Considering people were getting the "perfection" achievement on day one with sor3 Axel and no death runs on mania with him two days later, no comment.

also hi

No platform exclusive sprite based side-scrolling beat-em-up released during the tail end of the 16-bit console era had anything resembling impressive sales so sales numbers do not tell the whole story or even a significant portion of it in cases like this.

Any amount of shovelware for the Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation also outperformed the lot of them yet we do not see a multitude clamoring for remakes or remasters of the likes of Bug! though.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:22 PM, megamantaray said:

Streets of Rage 4 being a complete and utter disappointment marred by outdated cheap design and trashy bosses whose only difficulty comes from overlong invincibility frames and superarmor on screen-wide attacks while at leas 5 enemies crowd around you that react on the very frame you press a button at them. The legendary music of Yuzo Koshiro they advertised being random noise and dubstep, and the defensive options being nearly nonexistent when it comes to gameplay. Great idea making special attacks not have a super meter anymore and instead draining health you can recover by attacking enemies, it works great when you're swamped and as soon as your invincibility wears off you take a hit and end up worse than before. Fuck you. Wrote a review about it, cunts on Steam like "git gud" motherfucker I recommended a proper hard game in the very same review, a game with enough of the retro feel to give you the nostalgia tingle but with new and modern design options like parries, rolls, and a fucking GAUGE so you don't have to spend HP you're gonna lose anyway to get out of a bad situation. Outdated Arcade bullshit worse than even its predecessors' US releases isn't good. I don't need to "git gud" the game displayed front and centre on my steam profile is Sekiro, I know fair difficulty and good design when I see it. Eat shit. This isn't the kind of revival the series should've got, but I was expecting too much to begin with.

What a time to be alive when this is the kind of standards gaming communities have, being wholly unable to think critically and complacently eating product after product like pigs based on nostalgia alone. Vehemently defending objectively bad design left and right and to the death if necessary.

On the bright side I have a reawakened itch to play Fight n' Rage instead. That's a good game.

I'm missing a few achievements anyway.

You might find this video relevant to your current (at the time of your post, anyway)situation regarding fan bases:

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

No platform exclusive sprite based side-scrolling beat-em-up released during the tail end of the 16-bit console era had anything resembling impressive sales so sales numbers do not tell the whole story or even a significant portion of it in cases like this.

Any amount of shovelware for the Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation also outperformed the lot of them yet we do not see a multitude clamoring for remakes or remasters of the likes of Bug! though.

No, the metric of people continuing to like SoR2 over SoR3 for a quarter of a century is what tells the whole story. The fan bias on either side is pretty lol-worthy especially in this case where SoRR exists so if 3 is your favorite jam, welp there's an entire game of every SoR level ever made that you can idash to your hearts content and never lose a pixel of damage ever, with a whole big cast of peeps for the entire series, rendered lovingly in 16bit megasquares so sharp you can cut a content thief's patreon in half with them.

In this case, from the project's outset, Fiquet and Lizard set out to update SoR2 while keeping with sor3 canon, and said so publicly when the game was announced; so if you're mad about "muh SoR2", why did you buy the game at all. This isn't an MK11 style bait and switch where the devs said one thing about social justicing the FGC to bring [current year] to fighting games and skanked up the males and covered up the females but were groping their female employees in the meantime when they thought no one was looking, they said straight up "SoR2 is tops of the pop, and where we're coming from."

Also your theory kind of ignores SoTN and Street Fighter Alpha sales existing and the fact that SEGA's install base was absolutely monstrous, and people were still selling games hand over fist on 16bit platforms two years into the 32bit era.

SEGA won the 16bit wars and most people forget that because they either weren't alive then or they conflate SEGA's idiotic decisions in the next go round as universal for all SEGA endeavors, which simply isn't the case.

As for the steam forums being shitted up by both sides of the argument, it's pretty much the same twenty people telling other people they have to like what they like or else, and ain't nobody with an ounce of common sense give a fuck about that. These three companies pushed SEGA into selling them a license and then they made the game they wanted, the end.

There's legit dings in there like estel and the commissioners being abject bullshit, the irony being they're bullshit because of their excessive iframe state spamming, and the net code is complete jank, but the game is solid and if there's a sequel or DLC, this is the venue it's going to be coming in.

15 hours ago, 27X said:

also hi

SoR3 had a myriad of problems from the art to, the difficulty, to the censorship. I found it far more difficult than 2 though but maybe that was an America-only thing.

I know the versions of the games had their difficulty hiked up by 1 across the board in US releases of 2 and 3 for example, but I also number among the people who dislike it, despite that it had new features that should've been present by default on all the characters like the super meter, rolls and proper movement options.

Deffo on the overdramatisation though but I might be too tired to get the gist of what you're saying properly.

Hallo. Lol.

7 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

SoR3 had a myriad of problems from the art to, the difficulty, to the censorship. I found it far more difficult than 2 though but maybe that was an America-only thing.

I know the versions of the games had their difficulty hiked up by 1 across the board in US releases of 2 and 3 for example, but I also number among the people who dislike it, despite that it had new features that should've been present by default on all the characters like the super meter, rolls and proper movement options.

Deffo on the overdramatisation though but I might be too tired to get the gist of what you're saying properly.

Hallo. Lol.

We don't have to agree to agree on any damn thing and still be talking about shit.

The gist is once you unlock the SoR3 chars in 4, you have all the iframes and defensive options you could ever want minus bonus supers.

11 minutes ago, 27X said:

Also your theory kind of ignores SoTN and Street Fighter Alpha sales existing and the fact that SEGA's install base was absolutely monstrous, and people were still selling games hand over fist on 16bit platforms two years into the 32bit era.

What exactly do Symphony of the Night (a Playstation action-adventure 'Metroid-Vania game) and Street Fighter Alpha (part of a fighting game series with a large, dedicated competitive gaming community) other than being the things that I was mentioning drawing sales away from the old deprecated gaming platforms and thus their games?

One also needs to have had experienced something when it was new to have any legitimate nostalgic feelings over it so a product made to appeal to nostalgia is going to reference the installments familiar to the largest number of people. The same held true for the Mega Man series when Inti-Creates designed Mega Man 9 and 10 based upon Mega Man 2 rather than building upon Mega Man 4. It makes sense from a business perspective but it doesn't mean that everyone has to like it purely from a game design perpective.

I won't care much one way or the other since I am tiring of the rampant nostalgia baiting going on this year anyway and have purchased my last remake/remaster/re-release for the year at the very least, it just hit me as a bit odd to use sales of games from genres which are not the most popular at even the best of times on dying platforms compared to sales of earlier games in the franchise back when the system was the 'new hotness' as proof of anything other than their relative lack of popularity. 

Alas, anything shy of using time travel or mass memory wipes to put both games on the shelf out at the same time when they are both equally new or old fashioned to the audience, it is all speculation. 

44 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

What exactly do Symphony of the Night (a Playstation action-adventure 'Metroid-Vania game) and Street Fighter Alpha (part of a fighting game series with a large, dedicated competitive gaming community) other than being the things that I was mentioning drawing sales away from the old deprecated gaming platforms and thus their games?

You're the one proffering 2d old and busted versus 3d new hotness as an angle, you tell me. There was nothing deprecated about SEGA sales at SOR3 launch.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

You're the one proffering 2d old and busted versus 3d new hotness as an angle, you tell me. There was nothing deprecated about SEGA sales at SOR3 launch.

Sales can not truly be 'deprecated', only the technology being sold can.

Of course, I am sure that older tech could be spun as 'classic' or 'legacy' while the approach taken by Nintendo at the tail end of the Super NES/Famicom life cycle being 'lateral thinking with withered technology' which did work out much better for them than it did for Sega (not that nearly everything did not turn out better for them than it did for Sega).

It would be the likes of Bernie Stolar who put forward the 2-D 'old and busted' versus the 3-D 'new hotness' during his time at Sega.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

We don't have to agree to agree on any damn thing and still be talking about shit.

The gist is once you unlock the SoR3 chars in 4, you have all the iframes and defensive options you could ever want minus bonus supers.

Yeah I got that, I was just rambling out of tiredness. Turns out not having anything to do makes you more tired than a 9 to 5.

--

Which is something that pisses me off. Stupid idiot virus. Aaaaaaaaaaa~

My sleep schedule's more broken than ever.

15 hours ago, Horatius_PL said:

Apart from him nerfing everything to shit in recent patches, there are some rumors he wanted to force some modder to make his next DLC a prerequisite for his mods or something like that. 

Kinda hard to force a modder into doing pretty much anything they don't want to short of a lawsuit, and that'd likely be a tough one to get into court with since the modder could just stop modding...but whatever. Not really unusual for some indie developer to develop a god complex.

1 hour ago, megamantaray said:

Yeah I got that, I was just rambling out of tiredness. Turns out not having anything to do makes you more tired than a 9 to 5.

--

Which is something that pisses me off. Stupid idiot virus. Aaaaaaaaaaa~

My sleep schedule's more broken than ever.

Hear you there. Have a reasonably constant schedule that works and then some twit at work has decided that the monthly meetings should be weekly, and early in the morning. I'm not a morning person.

54 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

I went to sleep incredibly exhausted at 10pm last night.

Woke up just now. At 3pm. What the fucking fuck?!

I have 6 alarms, one per hour past 5am.

Ugh..

no wonder, when you stuck your head between two breasts, then you hear early in the morning no alarm clock. :joy:

Spoiler

7.jpg

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

no wonder, when you stuck your head between two breasts, then you hear early in the morning no alarm clock. :joy:

Reveal hidden contents

7.jpg

Yeah that must be it. I'd like to donate them to an unfortunate flatty.
If you know any I'd be willing to trade.

Pissed off at myself for not having been productive at all during those 2 months of confinement. I'm a piece of shit. Hope I get my shit together this summer or I'll fucking end my years long stupid dream of finishing this god damn novel and move on. I'm complaining I don't have the time usually, now I complain I don't have the inspiration or the motivation, fuck that weak will I was born with. 

Watched the last three parts of Pravus' current rimworld series on YT and dear lord I want to slap him upside the head for his constant dumb-fuckery.  "A giant monster appeared, I'll leave it alone and maybe it will leave me alone"...and less than 3 minutes later the giant monster is hunting his pawns. To leave the thing alone you cannot leave the base you've built you dolt! If you walk in front of a lion with raw meat strapped to you don't be surprised if the lion decides that it wants to eat you!