TLDR; If you encounter a problem with the game hanging forever when sent to vanilla jail, the cause is a Bethesda bug.  The bug can be worked around by editing the DCL source code to allow the player to keep their inventory.

Posting this here in the off chance that it's helpful to someone.   My character got arrested and the game hung and I didn't want prisons to be hang traps for the rest of my playthrough.  I'm on 8.5, but I imagine the problem can happen on any version and on other mods.

The last bit of papyrus log was:

WARNING: Property pqs on script dcur_prison_arrest_goprison attached to topic info ##0FEA56 on quest dcur_prison_guardArrestDlg (##0FE4E6) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

That warning seems to be inaccurate.   Even if it were accurate, the hanging is not a DCL problem.   DCL calls the Bethesda-provided function SendPlayerToJail() when the player needs to be sent to vanilla jail (which happens if the player is male or you've specified vanilla jails in the MCM).   After adding a couple of debug.trace() lines, it's clear that the problem is that Bethesda's SendPlayerToJail() function is hanging.   I let it run for 20 minutes and one of the Skyrim.exe threads stayed at 100% the entire time.   The SendPlayerToJail() function takes two optional arguments to indicate whether the player inventory should be taken and whether to send the player to real jail or to fake jail (whatever the heck fake jail means).    Editing the DCL papyrus to change from calling "SendPlayerToJail()" to calling SendPlayerToJail(false,true) fixed the hang problem at the cost of allowing the player to keep their inventory.

Edited by MikeWander
On 8/24/2021 at 8:13 PM, thedarkone1234 said:

Unless they are from DD and have no sliders on DD's side. Did you try having sex with a gag while DCL is not installed?

thanks for tryng to help

DD have sliders on sounds section of MCM

even when i play sex on other mods and without gag i still have those gaged sounds and its verry annoyng because the only way to lower that it's to turn my PC sound lower

but maybe some thing on my LO  does that but i dfont see any other mod who could do

i have DM2 but theirs sounds ara not gaged*

i use other 2  different profiles on MO2 without DCL and i have not that problem 

thanks anyway

I still think my DCL is acting weird and ignoring certain mcm settings (for sure)

set to default max devices of 5. That's 5, not 17!!!

I know it would have triggered full set because I forced arousal to 100 but still aha.

Basically can't go anywhere with the slightest arousal because a single trap can basically end my playthrough ?

Also Serialstrip clashed and did a playing with herself anim at the same time as undressing, a guard saw it and added extra restraints, which glitched because of how many the door just added... 

I'm looking into a few load order/install type stuff cuz I haven't had anything like this in the past...

Spoiler

20210826041624_1.jpg.de5d88d91800c4495a7a3b7dcf16aa54.jpg

On 8/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, Hellethia_ said:

I tried but really impossible to get anyone talking to me :(

For the paper and quill, i got both but how to use them ? There are no options in the dialog. Is it some kind of power that you have to use ?

Can you use it with an ambinder ?

You need an inkwell too.

7 hours ago, Cycorix said:

I still think my DCL is acting weird and ignoring certain mcm settings (for sure)

set to default max devices of 5. That's 5, not 17!!!

I know it would have triggered full set because I forced arousal to 100 but still aha.

Uhm, yes. And no. Those are the bloody Flashbang Traps - those always trigger full sets and in the past ignored your other MCM settings, i.e. if you wanted to chastity bras you still got them. I think that is fixed now, but I've set the probability for these traps quite low.

You can set the arousal for full set to 101 if you don't want them.

6 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Uhm, yes. And no. Those are the bloody Flashbang Traps - those always trigger full sets and in the past ignored your other MCM settings, i.e. if you wanted to chastity bras you still got them. I think that is fixed now, but I've set the probability for these traps quite low.

You can set the arousal for full set to 101 if you don't want them.

Intended behavior for the flashbang traps is to respect the MCM settings. Let me know if they for some reason do not, and I will fix it. :)

18 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Intended behavior for the flashbang traps is to respect the MCM settings. Let me know if they for some reason do not, and I will fix it. :)

My bad, I was unsure if you fixed it. ? Didn't work in 8.5 though. I had to wear chastity bras just the other day, but that was from another mod that wasn't configureable in that part - dumped it right away!

I'm at a loss, so I'm asking here - what are the item IDs for the regular old chastity key and restraints key? Console command help doesn't seem to find them, nor does AddItemMenu. All the other DCL keys show up. On SSE if that matters.

edit: Figured it out. Devious Lore (or the Devious Devices Lore patch, didn't check which) is changing the names to Ornate Skeleton Key and Simple Skeleton Key. They still have the same ID as per #26799.

Edited by craphole

is there any possible way to "force enable" the mod?

its disabled itself because it says i have a mod that makes children killable, and i've looked through my mod list and can't find anything like that.

i really want to play this mod!

edit: just to make sure i didn't have anything i tried the kill command on one of the kids in Whiterun and it did nothing, so the kids can't die.

Edited by VoreQ
22 minutes ago, VoreQ said:

is there any possible way to "force enable" the mod?

its disabled itself because it says i have a mod that makes children killable, and i've looked through my mod list and can't find anything like that.

i really want to play this mod!

DCL isn't just checking for killable children.   It's checking for other sorts of changes to children too.   The intent is to disallow mixing children and LL stuff.

Do you have "The Sisterhood of Dibella"?   IIRC, that mod wants to re-imagine Fjotra as being a young woman instead of a child.

I don't think you can easily re-enable DCL.   Once DCL flags your setup as offending, it just remembers that and does not re-check.

Edited by MikeWander
1 hour ago, craphole said:

I'm at a loss, so I'm asking here - what are the item IDs for the regular old chastity key and restraints key? Console command help doesn't seem to find them, nor does AddItemMenu. All the other DCL keys show up. On SSE if that matters.

They are in DDi, chastity key is xx008a4f, restaints key is xx01775f (xx being DDi in your LO)

If there's a difference from LE to SE you're in the wrong thread, this is LE

4 hours ago, craphole said:

what are the item IDs for the regular old chastity key and restraints key? Console command help doesn't seem to find them,

Unless you have Devious Lore - Lore Patch, you should find them easily with console. Use commands like:

"help chastity" or "help restraint" and then scroll with PgUp/PgDn to KEY (KEYM?) values. You may also use quotes i think when there is a space

help "restraint key"

They don't come from DCL but DD if you were wondering why you couldn't find them with AddItemMenu. DD-Assets or DD-Integration, i forgot which.

10 hours ago, Kimy said:

I am currently doing testing of the DCL mcm settings on my current build.

Let me be clear: DCL generally works very well and I'm really thankful for that :) 
My problem is that I'm trying to build it into a huge modlist that currently has around 180 plugins. I'm tempting fate and I know it :P

DCL generally works fine.  My problem is that I need to find the other culprits in my LO that might be introducing glitches, while looking for any other bugs that might be popping up regularly in any of the 180 plugins (I'm paranoid now ?)

Current testing notes: (will be updated)
Okay basically it seems that glitches seems to happen with Followers.
Could Extensible Follower Framework somehow be involved?

Spoiler

LO notes:
-I've already removed Holidays (I think the extra npc behavior is asking for trouble, and it's too 'family-friendly' for my playthrough..) 
-Will disable ITF 0.3  It works, kinda. when in furniture an npc runs over and... starts punching the air next to me ?that's gonna break something eventually when I have 'decorated' skyrim properly... :P 

MCM notes:
-Disabled loss of control at full arousal (it so often breaks scenes in other mods by happening at the worst time ?)
-Disabled force full set and EVERY event, enabling them one at a time with trap chance set to 100% so I can test each one

DCUR event notes: ((OK) means working as expected)

(OK)-Standard event equipped 3 devices of 5 with none already equipped, no duplicates. 

-Flash Bang did not seem to fire when it was the only available event, in a city, with 'flash bangs in citys' ticked. (Doesn't bother me so may not test further)

(OK)-Force Full Set (by arousal) triggered a (VERY ?) complete set, no duplicates. Ignored MCM device number setting as mentioned above, but I take that as me misunderstanding the setting before (I thought 'force full set' meant 'use maximum number', sorry).

(OK)-While looting a 2nd container to test the restraint limit, managed to find a sharp item and cut the armbinder. Also tripped over my heels, and triggered a magical trap thus losing my keys. However the restraint limit correctly prevented another DCUR event. :) 

(OK?) - Full Slave Set equipped fine. However it did not undress the character. Not sure if this is intended.

-With unusual follower (Hulda from Bannered Mare), events did not happen after I scanned for followers.
-With follower, standard event equipped 5 devices on each of us and then no further events happened on container open (not even getting as far as 'too many restraints')
-With follower (leah) and max devices set to 1, still equipped at least 3-4 devices on each of us. 

-setting min/max devices to 1/1 seems to reliably cause 7 devices to be equipped. In fact, once the min/max has been changed it seems to be ignored? set to 1/2 still had 7 equipped

By 'events not happen', I mean this (shown below); the script seems to stop after 'looting container ID' and you get no further messages or action from that event. Not sure what is happening there? (EDIT: I think that is the cooldown, there is just no debug for it. waiting 1 hour seems to fix)

Spoiler

20210827035152_1.jpg.3fc61b0d06b31d7d6a04c882af69687d.jpg

Also, does anyone know what effect mods such as Climates v5, Supreme Storms, Supreme Fog, Minty Lightning, Sounds of Skyrim, Wonders of Weather might have on Sexlab based mods? I've had them all work fine before I was just wondering if perhaps I've increased script load on my game to the point where it has trouble hitting every event on time.. Just a theory. Anyway, current load order attached just for laughs. 

loadorder.txt

Edited by Cycorix

A bug with some of the rubber hoods was just brought to my attention in SE. I was able to fix it but I was wondering, is this an SE only bug, or do you have it in LE too?

With the Rubber Hood / Slave Rubber Hood in DCL (using gimphoodf_0.nif), the neck is invisible. The neck part of the mesh has black textures set, which seems to make it disappear. It looked horrible just swapping out the textures to a body texture and still had a bad neck seam, so I had to replace the neck part of the hood completely.

The same thing occurs with DD hoods using the executionhood.nif.

Example:

image.png.ccca10b1ceee24d149ce4ee1b5a299b5.png

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

A bug with some of the rubber hoods was just brought to my attention in SE. I was able to fix it but I was wondering, is this an SE only bug, or do you have it in LE too?

With the Rubber Hood / Slave Rubber Hood in DCL (using gimphoodf_0.nif), the neck is invisible. The neck part of the mesh has black textures set, which seems to make it disappear. It looked horrible just swapping out the textures to a body texture and still had a bad neck seam, so I had to replace the neck part of the hood completely.

The same thing occurs with DD hoods using the executionhood.nif.

Example:

image.png.ccca10b1ceee24d149ce4ee1b5a299b5.png

I recall seeing that the hood is getting completely reworked in the new DD, so hopefully DCL will update accordingly.

Though, for the record, it is not for granted that it will. Some DCL items, especially "special" items such as the high-security restraints and quest items do not neccesarily update with DD. For instance, most of these items will still not work on males despite "DD for him" being added to DD and installed. Hopefully it will get better in the soon-upcoming patch

20 minutes ago, lord,k, said:

is there a way to desactivate dragonar prison

This is your smallest problem because this mod not compatible with DD.

Citation from mod page:

NOT Compatible (don't ask for help if you have any of these installed!)

-Devious Devices and anything that Depends on Devious Devices (The mere presence of DD doesn't seem to cause immediate problems, but stuff will break if you wear DD restraints)

-Devious Cursed Loot (can be used by experienced users, but can and WILL break your game if not handled VERY carefully)

-Other mods which have the Player go through forced scenes while in Prison

About Devious Devices:

DD makes drastic changes to native game functions, which in turn cause a lot of problems for other modders.

I strongly disagree with the Way DD handles Stuff and how its implementations disregard anything outside of its own bubble.

I will therefore not try to make my mods DD compatible, so don't ask me about it.

18 hours ago, MikeWander said:

DCL isn't just checking for killable children.   It's checking for other sorts of changes to children too.   The intent is to disallow mixing children and LL stuff.

Do you have "The Sisterhood of Dibella"?   IIRC, that mod wants to re-imagine Fjotra as being a young woman instead of a child.

I don't think you can easily re-enable DCL.   Once DCL flags your setup as offending, it just remembers that and does not re-check.

nope no Sisterhood of Dibella ?

i thought it might be Slaverun or Maria Eden or Shout Like a Virgin (because all of those are quite big mods) so i disabled them all and tried an earlier save (before cursed loot got disabled) but it still said i had mods that change child flags, arg!

really wish there would just be a checkbox to enable DCL, for when we're certain we have no mods that effect kids but DCL gets disabled anyway!

the mod looks great so i really want to play it!

6 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

Just for fun: I’m pretty sure calling The Dollmaker a “monkey humping bitch” for deciding to keep Chloe and I in chains after returning from Nadeem is a great way to get on her good side. ?

Not sure where that dialogue came from, but it wasn't any of my mods.

5 hours ago, lord,k, said:

i just want to know is there a way to desactivate dragonar prison

because i want to use prison allternative

or prison alterntive take over build in prison ?

Of the other prison mods out there I am aware of, POP is supported. Everything else is not. To make DCL use POP instead of its own prison, set the MCM slider to any chance you'd want. You can e.g. make DCL use POP 50% of the time and its own prison the other 50% if you want to.

6 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

I recall seeing that the hood is getting completely reworked in the new DD, so hopefully DCL will update accordingly.

Though, for the record, it is not for granted that it will. Some DCL items, especially "special" items such as the high-security restraints and quest items do not neccesarily update with DD. For instance, most of these items will still not work on males despite "DD for him" being added to DD and installed. Hopefully it will get better in the soon-upcoming patch

Yup, I saw that mesh, but I'm not sure if it will replace these models. If it does, cool, the new model comes far enough down that the gap isn't obvious and I'm fine with it as is (you have to look straight up into it to see the gap).  If not, well I've got the fix now for both DD and DCL, I'll check it when doing the conversion. I was mostly just wondering if it needed back ported or not.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

Not sure where that dialogue came from, but it wasn't any of my mods.

It wasn’t in a mod, it was just what I called her out loud when I finished up Nazeem’s quest line and before she sent Chloe and I out on delivery. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

41 minutes ago, twsnider1138 said:

It wasn’t in a mod, it was just what I called her out loud when I finished up Nazeem’s quest line and before she sent Chloe and I out on delivery. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Haha, all right. I was wondering! :)