1 hour ago, Cycorix said:

Crash fixes, ironically, can cause crashes ?

I think Safety Load is better for this purpose

Safety Load and crash fixes address different problems, stated on the Nexus site of Crash Fixes.

Crash Fixes tries to prevent crashes. Safety Load tries to prevent infinite loading screens (which I very rarely still encounter).

I personally use both.

9 minutes ago, neghthraw said:

Crash Fixes tries to prevent crashes. Safety Load tries to prevent infinite loading screens (which I very rarely still encounter).

"Load Game CTD fix" is for infinite loading screens too btw, and then there's also "Skyrim Anti Crash" which is relatively new... The CTD's i see are so rare, irregular and usually non-reproducable that testing all those mods is giving too conflicting results for me to tell.

4 hours ago, Zaflis said:

"Load Game CTD fix" is for infinite loading screens too btw, and then there's also "Skyrim Anti Crash" which is relatively new... The CTD's i see are so rare, irregular and usually non-reproducable that testing all those mods is giving too conflicting results for me to tell.

From my personal experience, Crash Fixes and Safety Load are worth it if you do not have "rare, irregular and usually non-reproducable" CTD's.

Edit: Then there is this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90040

Edited by neghthraw
22 hours ago, Elsidia said:

DCL 9.0:

1) Random drop form containers

2) Random steal from NPC

3) As reward for selling used restraints to Dollmaker (special menu in dialogue) - random chance

4) as reward for Dollmaker quest tie me up. - random chance

5) As reward for take all items from women NPC surrenders

6) as reward into Whip and chain inn mini games

7) buy special restraints pack in that inn and random drop when open

8 ) by looting herbs random drop

9) in dialogues with NPC when you are tied it can random give a key

10) sex for key if you are tied up (but not in chastity) random reward

UPD:

11) Probably by complete quest rubber arrears - random chance

Maybe more, i can't remember all

I use looting herbs, and using spell touch of control to NPC city women guards and later take her valuables. Also i  use sell used restraints to Dollmaker. In DCL 9.0 can buy into Whip and Chain inn, if you have many gold - 1 key in pack is guaranteed.

Thanks! I haven't figured out how to interact with surrendering NPCs, what's the hotkey for it? I use a controller, will I have to bind a key?

18 hours ago, neghthraw said:

Safety Load and crash fixes address different problems, stated on the Nexus site of Crash Fixes.

I personally use both.

Yeah but their problem was crashes on loading Autosaves. Safety load is more like to fix that than crash fixes.
(But yeah I'm told you shouldn't load autosaves if you can help it, they're a lot messier and more likely to cause issues)

Crash fixes WILL CTD your game if you have a certain load order installed. I can't remember the exact method I used to reproduce this but it would always crash on opening racemenu alternate or the inventory if I remember rightly..

As I stated before, a lot of these anti-crash mods all have alternate ways of doing the same thing, you just need the right combination of functionality for your build and definitely don't need all of them.

For anticrash mods, I use SSME (startup memory extension) and SafetyLoad. I also have my SKSE.ini set to ClearInvalidRegistrations, which is also a good idea.

Also I recommend using Ordenador's tools to optimize your loose texture folder. Mine was over 5Gb and I cut this by 20% by optimizing. This fixed occasional texture loading fail in very busy areas. Also generally should improve stability because less VRAM load (another cause of crashes) 

Load order is insanely important, I cannot say that enough.

Deviously Cursed Loot should be as far down in your load order as you can possibly get away with!*
(*keeping in mind other important load order notes from any other mods like PAHE)

Definitely must be placed after mods that affect the towns/cities.
-As stated, certain Dawnstar and DragonBridge mods will make Cursed Collar impossible by making it so you cannot find a certain chest.
-I use BetterDawnstar, it's okay, HAS to be above DCL or it makes the Dollmakers house crash.
-Had to temporarily disable my dawnstar ESP during the OCW Battle For Dawnstar quest because the script, fx, actor, vram load was just through the roof and Skyrim finally couldn't cope? That was my first crash on this build after playing solidly for a week
-Riverwood plugins (I use RiverWoodEnhanced) must be above DCL or the Whip and Chain inn will crash (my second crash, but entirely my fault for not checking my load order properly)

Loot will not fix all this stuff, Loot is best as a guide/quick start but no substitute for checking your load order yourself before you play!!!

Most crashes are either caused by:
1. bad load order
2. bad config / wrong combination of anticrash for your build
3. overloading the game ( I can usually cause a 'random' ctd if I teleport my entire band of 3+ followers to me at the exact moment I cross a cell boundary, on the edge of an Enhanced town, during the start phase of an OCW City battle quest. So yeah, not random at all :)  Just seems like it because the reason is long and complicated.)
4.Occasional bad luck/It's Skyrim -yeah occasionally you might just cause it to freak out. It happens. The number of possible build and config combinations mean that someone somewhere is always gonna have a glitch of some kind.

Edited by Cycorix
4 hours ago, Marajade said:

with surrendering NPCs, what's the hotkey for it? I use a controller, will I have to bind a key?

There is problem. In scripts or Skyrim engine.

Surrender works only with one hits. If after surrender scripts are activated any next hit makes this enemy aggressive and disable a surrender. That means if you are with follower it mess up with those.

After hit what gives a surrender, you need wait while enemy surrender and also no hits from follower to enemy. Then when you interact with speak button as with simple NPC, there is surrender dialogue. If hit twice this dialogue disappears.

For surrender you can use Dollmaker sword what binds enemy (women) Hit 1 time and wait while restraints apply.

Me use Dollmaker spell touch of control (with 0 skill in speech it cost 10000 gold) Cast on enemy and no more hits, wait while enemy got restraints on. Then speak as with normal NPC.  And hope that your follower not hit her. Or you can do it alone without follower.

Something like that.

I travel with Sasha and use spell that means there is 50% chance to success surrender.

40 minutes ago, stas2503 said:

Can you tell me how to deal with low FPS and crashes in the Whips & Chains tavern? 

I've already tried everything ... Nothing helps ...
Safety Load is installed (and a bunch of other performance-enhancing plugins ...)

You can try messing up the Crash Fig Plugin ini. 

UseOSAllocators=1

AlignHeapAllocate=1

CustomMemoryBlock=1

MemoryInfoConsole=1

Now you can check console in game and see how much your memory block (16 and 32). If they above 90% they have a high chance to crash, increase CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb. If they below 30% they may become stutter, reduce CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb. 

Hope it fix yourrs

•  

Is there a way to enable combat surrender without a health threshold that auto triggers it? I'm having a bug where any enemy will get me to my threshold, I surrender automatically, and then they leave without killing me. If they aren't eligible to rape you, they're supposed to kill you, but that's not happening for me. Can I set it to where combat surrenders only happen if I hit the button to surrender?

Also, does anyone know how to fix my character surrendering to enemies she shouldn't be able to surrender to? As it is now, I literally can't die in combat. Any enemy will stop attacking me when I get to my threshold and leave.

2 hours ago, Marajade said:

Is there a way to enable combat surrender without a health threshold that auto triggers it? I'm having a bug where any enemy will get me to my threshold, I surrender automatically, and then they leave without killing me. If they aren't eligible to rape you, they're supposed to kill you, but that's not happening for me. Can I set it to where combat surrenders only happen if I hit the button to surrender?

Also, does anyone know how to fix my character surrendering to enemies she shouldn't be able to surrender to? As it is now, I literally can't die in combat. Any enemy will stop attacking me when I get to my threshold and leave.

Regardless of anything written (and I don't recall it being written on DCL), if you have combat surrender on your player is absolutely essential and there is absolutely no way to die in combat, or anywhere else for that matter (kill command, fall damage, drowning... none will work)

The bug in what you are describing is that they should trigger one of the surrender outcomes of DCL. If they are eligible rapists, they should also trigger a rape before that. I would suggest either uploading your logs in such a scenario so someone can help tell you what is wrong with the surrender scenario, or alternatively, disable combat surrender entirely and use a standalone defeat mod

2 hours ago, Marajade said:

The impossible to die feature in my view is a big pros. 

So in Skyrim if you get a buff that increase your HP by 100 and after a combat your health drop below 100. Then at that time the buff expired. Congraluation your character has died. But since there are tons of mod that add buff to your PC with tons of different condition to trigger, example DCL horny buff. Some with a function like this "Disable - Check Condition - Enable". In theory they may work fine but if the buff got disable in a blink of second and your HP drop below 0 then you died.

DCL combat surrender is so fcking good in those clutch moment and it is the best death alternative mod out there (by not exactly dying it prevent tons of problem about script latency).

39 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Regardless of anything written (and I don't recall it being written on DCL), if you have combat surrender on your player is absolutely essential and there is absolutely no way to die in combat, or anywhere else for that matter (kill command, fall damage, drowning... none will work)

The bug in what you are describing is that they should trigger one of the surrender outcomes of DCL. If they are eligible rapists, they should also trigger a rape before that. I would suggest either uploading your logs in such a scenario so someone can help tell you what is wrong with the surrender scenario, or alternatively, disable combat surrender entirely and use a standalone defeat mod

Thanks for the clarification! Is there a way to make it so that I can voluntarily surrender using DCL, but otherwise I would die as normal? Or would I have to use a different mod for that?

DCL says "Only enemies that are eligible for sex scenes will accept a surrender, if they are not, she will die." But that doesn't seem to be happening.

Edited by Marajade

Hello all; something I'm struggling with and haven' been able to find a solution for - enemies can power attack you to knock weapons out of your hands, which will then trigger a defeat dialogue system, including offering you the option to resist or submit. For usual human enemies, this isn't a problem, but I've recently installed the Wheels Of Lull mod; which summons large numbers of ghosts at the beginning. Ghosts don't seem to be able to have sex, so they all charge in and power attack to disarm, then restrain the player and take a large chunk of gold, but then nothing else happens. Almost immediately, the ghosts then become hostile again and just beat you to death because you can't get away or escape your bindings quick enough. My tactic has mostly been to kite them around with a bow or crossbow, but it still isn't fool-proof, and exclusively leads to death if they get a heavy hit in.

Anyway; my question is this - is there a way to disable the power attack disarming completely for humans and animals? I've found the option to have dropped items return to the inventory rather than hit the floor, but I haven't actually been able to switch it off. I've looked all over and haven't actually been able to find anything about it, but I'm pretty sure it's a feature from DCL rather than elsewhere.

Thanks!

EDIT: After posting this, I'm going to give an unrelated mod designed to disable the Draugr Disarm shout a try to see if I can just force-disable the disarm effect itself, rather than the outcome of it.
The mod I'm trying: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36759?
Will update if it works.

EDIT 2: It would appear that mod does NOT work. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by War1
Update on mod testing.
46 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

For not use surrender if heavy hit, weapon drop, fall on heels:

Also can set robbery chance:

Hide contents

ScreenShot77.jpg.05c2fef38f40d70d4767747d2992835d.jpg

Thanks, I'd looked at the complex surrender chance before, but I thought it was an afterthought of being forced out of combat - I'm not sure why, but I thought that after you'd surrendered, the options were getting robbed, raped, restrained, or sent to the lower section; like getting sent elsewhere or interfacing with another mod like Simple Slavery. Now that I say it though, that sounds stupid.

Thanks for the clarification on that, I'll give it a test the next time I play.

ScreenShot2.thumb.png.fd400d44263560e3e29c71ab22ffc062.pngIn 'The Whip and Chain' inn, none of the NPCs who are supposed to be locked in bdsm furniture are showing up properly (see screenshot). The furniture still works for me, as a player, though. Is there a way to fix this? It used to be working, I'm not sure what changed.

There girls in the next room are glitched out of their armbinders, too.

Edited by Marajade
13 minutes ago, Marajade said:

It used to be working, I'm not sure what changed.

Skyrim SE?

As Whip and Chain inn is very stress to Skyrim engine and heavy use a memory, i think it's help itself not to load a furniture's to save memory for other things.

I short words when Skyrim load a inn it's disables those devices.

You can enable those devices references and restart locked NPC AI packages by console then after exit from inn and return back, devices will be back to places and NPC into it.

For me it helps (i spend about hour to re enable all devices). But some time later, when i return to inn, those devices Skyrim SE again disable. That means this work was useless. Unless if you not visit  this inn, papyrus log not generate errors with those disabled devices. But if you enter in inn, papyrus start generated those errors again.

Edited by Elsidia
1 minute ago, Elsidia said:

Skyrim SE?

As Whip and Chain inn is very stress to Skyrim engine and heavy use a memory, i think it's help itself not to load a furniture's to save memory for other things.

I short words when Skyrim load a inn it's disables those devices.

You can enable those devices references and restart locked NPC AI packages by console then after exit from inn and return back devices will be back to places and NPC into it.

For me it helps (i spend about hour to re enable all devices). But some time later, when i return to inn, those devices Skyrim SE again disable. That means this work was useless. Unless if you not visit  this inn, papyrus log not generate errors with those disabled devices. But if you enter in inn, papyrus start generated those errors again.

How do I enable them using the console? I am using Skyrim SE. Is there no way to reset it back to normal easily?

The default arousal value for DCL events to trigger is 20.  Generally, due to the way the game plays for me, it is difficult to maintain an arousal value that high consistently.  I can set the value down in the MCM, but I was thinking that maybe have a new event that raises the character's arousal. 

There is an event that triggers the character to want to equip items.  Maybe modify that event that instead it raises the character's arousal if they don't have any items and can trigger if the arousal value is below the floor.

Also, I seem to get a weird script delay when an even triggers.  The character gets up from the knock down / fade to black state, but then it stalls before they undress.  If I hit the escape key twice, it allows the script to continue.  Any ideas as to what may be causing that? (Skyrim SSE, btw).

29 minutes ago, Marajade said:

How do I enable them using the console? I am using Skyrim SE. Is there no way to reset it back to normal easily?

prid id where id is device reference id, what can be found into xedit

enable

prid id, where id is NPC reference id what need into device. Or unless she will stay near and not to pose in device.

Also in console instead of prid you can press on NPC and this id will show in left upper corner of console.

Then

disable

enable

Now when you exit from inn and return NPC will be inside of device, not stay near.

No i don't know how to reset normally if even when you start a new game and go to inn, there no all devices on place.

Edited by Elsidia