Mass Effect 3

HanPL

The last good game EA made was Crysis 2 (IMO anyway, most people hate it). EA has the brown finger, everything they touch turns to shit, which really sucks because Bioware used to be a great company. Once Blizzard caves into Activision the gaming industry is going to be in deep shit. Thank God for Nintendo anyway.

On the BioWare forums there is actually quite an interesting theorie floating around: Shepard has been indoctrinated. Of who i assume could be actually quite possible

NVM: to long to read :/

Actually i think it is quite possible and i REALLY HOPE that they will come out with better endings sooner or later

I just read through the indoctrination/hallucination threads and it really has me intrigued. I'm not holding my breath that its what is going on but it may help me sleep better if I can convince myself that is what it is.

Sorry, I do dislike EA. However, there are worse thing in this world than putting out a bad game. The correct market response should be to not give them any more money and allow them to now fail unless they can earn our business once again, which should be really hard. Suing EA will make game production a much riskier business for all devs. It will increase the costs in another legal arms race that the industry doesn't need. Great for new lawyers looking for new jobs and fantastic for insurance companies. But very bad for gamers who already had common sense going for them.

I also hate to see naive/irresponsible people hiring lawyers. Always a bad combo.

Sorry' date=' I do dislike EA. However, there are worse thing in this world than putting out a bad game. The correct market response should be to not give them any more money and allow them to now fail unless they can earn our business once again, which should be really hard. Suing EA will make game production a much riskier business for all devs. It will increase the costs in another legal arms race that the industry doesn't need. Great for new lawyers looking for new jobs and fantastic for insurance companies. But very bad for gamers who already had common sense going for them.

I also hate to see naive/irresponsible people hiring lawyers. Always a bad combo.

[/quote']

It wont make game production riskier, this is about how Producers like EA advertised and marketed the product. Not about how they made or developed the product.

In some ass backwards countries I imagine that deliberately lying to or misleading consumers is acceptable but it is not a form of acceptable business practice in america and companies such as EA that do this to take advantage of consumers need to dealt with. Class Action lawsuits are one of the safe guards that consumers have to protect themselves against companies like EA

Further the risk of being the target of a class action lawsuit already exist's for each and every single business that sells products in the United States. EA being sued will not add anything to the risk but bring accountability back onto the table. Something that has been missing from game development for over a decade

Just a heads up' date=' you can be banned for modifying your coalesced.bin if you play multiplayer even if the changes are only for things that matter in singleplayer, like reputation and romance flags. Buddy just got hammered, can't even play singleplayer when banned.

[/quote']

Whoa thank for the heads up, totally forgot about that. God this is stupid.

What a disgrace. You can't get enough assets for the best ending without editing your save if you don't play multiplayer.

Because there's one? I watched all of them and I personally found them to be a total buzzkill. I played ME1 & 2 multiple times, but this one, not a chance. What a let down for such a huge series.

I wonder if they will try to save this mess with DLCs... The hate machine is definitely getting bigger and bigger.

It wont make game production riskier' date=' this is about how Producers like EA advertised and marketed the product. Not about how they made or developed the product.

In some ass backwards countries I imagine that deliberately lying to or misleading consumers is acceptable but it is not a form of acceptable business practice in america and companies such as EA that do this to take advantage of consumers need to dealt with. Class Action lawsuits are one of the safe guards that consumers have to protect themselves against companies like EA

Further the risk of being the target of a class action lawsuit already exists for each and every single business that sells products in the United States. EA being sued will not add anything to the risk but bring accountability back onto the table. Something that has been missing from game development for over a decade

[/quote']

I agree on all points.

The biggest problem I see is trying to come up with a solid case. Perhaps it would be enough to just string it along to get a settlement (provided enough gamers joined in).

I imagine there might be enough bad blood to actually do this if bioware turtles up (their usual MO to criticism) for too long or if they do something even dumber like release a multiplayer dlc in the next couple of weeks.

Fans are getting mocked left and right by douches at all the major gaming sites. I guess that just proves that they really are getting paid off for good reviews (not that anyone shouldn't already know this anyway).

It will be interesting to see what happens over the course of this week.

Fans are getting mocked left and right by douches at all the major gaming sites. I guess that just proves that they really are getting paid off for good reviews (not that anyone shouldn't already know this anyway).

I wouldn't say that, but they're either trolling or... I don't really know how to put it, but it seem their trying to pretend to be above all this "oh the ending was fine, Eaware wanted a tragic ending, they wanted to teach us that not every hero get their reward". Yeah right, nevermind the fact that they threw by the window one of the main feature of the game, if not the core: choices...

I wouldn't say that' date=' but they're either trolling or... I don't really know how to put it, but it seem their trying to pretend to be above all this "oh the ending was fine, Eaware wanted a tragic ending, they wanted to teach us that not every hero get their reward". Yeah right, nevermind the fact that they threw by the window one of the main feature of the game, if not the core: choices...

[/quote']

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/12/mass-effect-3-opinion-video

Trolling is right. I could send you a dozen links that are as bad as this. Strangely, some of the media that is actually giving some good coverage are non-gaming sites. Forbes is one. There is a blogger that has done three pieces now tracking things.

This I thought was an entertaining post on the bioware forums:

[spoiler=The Five Stages of Mass Effect 3]

1. Denial

There's no WAY Bioware would do this, Lemme beat the game again, lemme do every single quest, lemme do Multiplayer so I can get this supposed Secret Ending. This is just the ending for those sad fools who have never played the ME franchise, they'd never leave it so blandly oversimplified.

2. Anger

WTF Bioware, you SACK OF WORTHLESS CRAP! We KNOW you can write better than this, what the F**** happened here? You took my money for THIS? aslfkjekeflkkfejkkljsda!!!11!!11oneoneonehundredeleventyone!11

Where's my LOIC? I'm gonna DDOS their multiplayer servers with a MILLION BOTNETS!

3. Barganing

I swear, Bioware, I'll throw money at you, almost as much as a full game for a DLC ending. Just take my money and make it all go away. We knew Shep could die, but THIS? Really? C'mon, we know you have something better up your sleeves? There's still some old CGI rendering and Voice work from the original script, right? Right???

4. Depression

Food has no taste... I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see the faces of those that I left behind. Ashley/Kaiden, Liara, Garrus, Tali... OH GOD TALI *cries*. The Citadel, the Relays, the stranded armada of coalition forces. How will the Volus survive in our system.... Won't the dextro dna aliens die of hunger... What have I done? *cries some more*

5. Acceptance

I REFUSE TO TAKE THIS! Either you fix this for free and use my hard earned cash to give me what you promised or I will not buy another peice of Bioware or EA software again. I won't buy a T shirt, I won't buy a Hoodie, I won't play SWOTOR. I won't allow my child to play an EA game, I won't let my Wife play an EA game! I'll use whatever forms of social networking I can to tell everyone I know to not purchase another EA/Bioware product ever again!

Lol. That Colin guy couldn't troll harder I agree. Anyway, does IGN still have any credibility left? They takes ad money for good reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if Bioware gave them a call and asked them to make some good press for the game.

And yeah, the five stages of grief :D

Mass Effect

(definition)

The resulting mass outcry of pain and displeasure when fans of the series realize that their countless hours of planning and playing their way through the games universe was only an experiment in futility. The subsequent poor ending/s of the game leads the players world wide to unite in their displeasure and demand that satisfaction be given over the broken promises and confusing last minute plot points.

(example) The ending of Mass Effect 3 has caused a "mass effect" of fan anger and feelings of betrayal by the game developers.

And just for the fun of it...

i-qS5c2Xg-X3.jpg

It wont make game production riskier' date=' this is about how Producers like EA advertised and marketed the product. Not about how they made or developed the product.

Further the risk of being the target of a class action lawsuit already exists for each and every single business that sells products in the United States. EA being sued will not add anything to the risk but bring accountability back onto the table. Something that has been missing from game development for over a decade

[/quote']

I agree on all points.

Are you both impotent?

[/quote']

I agree on all points.

Are you both impotent?

Are you fucking brain dead? Because an idea or opinion differs from your own you are going toss out insults and get all puffed up about it? I suggest you take a few moments to clear the sand out of your cunt and relax a bit

[/quote']

I agree on all points.

Are you both impotent?

Are you fucking brain dead? Because an idea or opinion differs from your own you are going toss out insults and get all puffed up about it? I suggest you take a few moments to clear the sand out of your cunt and relax a bit

Was that below the belt? Anyway, I see you don't appreciate such comments. I will try to be more serious and less playful, just for you.

I'm one of those crazy intellectual types who used to spend a lot time debating your kind on the topics of free-market capitalism, libertarianism, self-responsibility in trade, etc, but can now recognize when such words of wisdom is falling on blind eyes and is futile. You seemed to completely miss my earlier points while just regurgitating stuff we all already know back. I'm used to it.

I'm not a relativist, like yourself, either, who thinks everything is merely opinion. So, when I come across as insulting, well, they are never mere insults.

Back on topic, who knew ME3 would be so controversial? I didn't see this coming. I mean, I knew not to buy a legit copy before hand, myself, but that was it. This is getting really interesting. My subscriptions on YouTube for gaming are starting to sound more like my political and financial subscriptions. Popcorn anyone?

SPOILERS!

:D:D

Oh wow' date=' that one is really good. Finally someone using a different scene.

[/quote']

I finally went ahead and watched it after your comment. Hilarious! And, yeah, nice that it wasn't the same old scene, so even more brilliant.

When I first learned about the big cycle and the reapers, I thought it was a pretty neat idea. Looking back, I must had made up my own version of how it made really kewl sense. But then BioWare just went for the absurdly lame expo. We seemed so close to actually having a sci-fi for those of us with a real passion for science and philosohy, something so rare in sci-fi, and in a game! Was this really the intended expo from the beginning???

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right

Slowly but surely media is starting to really look at the game instead of just waving this protest off.

Forbes also has done several good articles as well.

Links: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/13/mass-effect-3-and-the-pernicious-myth-of-gamer-entitlement/ and http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/10/the-problem-with-biowares-mass-effect-3-day-one-dlc-from-ashes/

Fairly good youtube rant:

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right

Slowly but surely media is starting to really look at the game instead of just waving this protest off.

Links: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/13/mass-effect-3-and-the-pernicious-myth-of-gamer-entitlement/ and http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/10/the-problem-with-biowares-mass-effect-3-day-one-dlc-from-ashes/

Ultimate video of the ending plot holes/weirdness found in the comments from that amazingly written article

[video=youtube]

Those were some damn good articles and I raise your "fairly good" youtube video to a "awesomely good"!

Archived