Mass Effect 3

HanPL

And even stranger than this F'ing mess of an ending.........Bioware is shocked that folks think it sucks.......WOW!!!! Just WOW.

Maybe they are shocked to see that gamers aren't all zombies and many still have cognition' date=' underestimating their audience?

or

Maybe they are shocked to see that gamers aren't getting that there's something else to it, something more obvious to them, overestimating their audience?

or

Maybe they've become zombies and it's great to them?

[/quote']

Bioware is still not accustomed to failure, everything that they have released up to DA 2 was a success. At this point it is nothing more then denial on Bioware's part.

I keep seeing tweets from Bioware employee's saying things like "if we only knew what was coming" IMO things like this are meaningless. For myself this is not something that a DLC can fix.

Something else worthy of attention, used copies of ME 3 are dime a dozen. They are every where and the game is selling so poorly now that retailers who buy back used games arent offering much in exchange fearing that they wont be able to sell it

Bioware is still not accustomed to failure' date=' everything that they have released up to DA 2 was a success. At this point it is nothing more then denial on Bioware's part.

I keep seeing tweets from Bioware employee's saying things like "if we only knew what was coming" IMO things like this are meaningless. For myself this is not something that a DLC can fix.

Something else worthy of attention, used copies of ME 3 are dime a dozen. They are every where and the game is selling so poorly now that retailers who buy back used games arent offering much in exchange fearing that they wont be able to sell it

[/quote']

I would have to agree on all points.

Most of the tweets point to DLC that will contain multi-player packs or additional missions (like ME2) to do before the ending. What they don't seem to understand, is that with the shit bag ending they currently have in place........IT F'ing doesn't matter.

Sooner or later they will realize that until they fix the ending they aren't going to sell much of anything dlc wise.

But based on their track record......yea, they will ignore it and then begin the tumble down to being closed down and sold off. Shame really. DA:Origins and ME1 & ME2 were Damn Good Games. Just makes you wonder what the hell happened.

Ah......well the rage just may hit fever pitches now.

All theories that the current end, was not the real end are dead. Someone got a hold of bioware's notes and is distributing it as an app. The rage exploded on BSN so violently that Chris Priestly turned off the ME3 spoilers forum.

Bye, bye bioware......it was nice knowing you.

App link (it costs 2.99 I think): http://www.me3finalhours.com/

I am sure if you wait it will be out on the net soon but if you just "have to have it now" then help yourself.

On the Mass Effect 3 endings. Yes' date=' we are listening.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9992961

Translation - We dont give a fuck

[/quote']

Actually it's been hinted that the DLC being released next month will have new endings. The rumor is that the ending released with the game isn't the complete or official ending, and that it was just something they threw together after the game was leaked.

On the bright side, it's a good day for gamers. Just seeing the response says a lot about a big portion of gamers out there, in a good way, on all platforms.

Maybe this can help us get back to blaming devs for bad games and not so much each other?

[/quote']

Actually it's been hinted that the DLC being released next month will have new endings. The rumor is that the ending released with the game isn't the complete or official ending, and that it was just something they threw together after the game was leaked.

gregathit killed it. Dead. See above, or go here:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9999272

[/quote']

gregathit killed it. Dead. See above, or go here:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9999272

Well, the ending, to me, with the god child pulling strings for thousands of millenia was about as satisfying as the ending to the BSG remake series.

That is to say, it's like bringing a super hot ass drunk chick home who's ready to have super hot kinky sex, then discover she's on her period.

And in other news' date=' Diablo 3 now has a release date.

*No longer cares about ME3*

[/quote']

Diablo 3 has a new auction system implemented so Blizzard can make more money off their players :) As if World of Failcraft and the fact they released Starcraft 2 incomplete so they can charge more money for expansions isn't enough.

Are game companies just dead set to insult their player base, or are people just THAT stupid?

And in other news' date=' Diablo 3 now has a release date.

*No longer cares about ME3*

[/quote']

Diablo 3 has a new auction system implemented so Blizzard can make more money off their players :) As if World of Failcraft and the fact they released Starcraft 2 incomplete so they can charge more money for expansions isn't enough.

Are game companies just dead set to insult their player base, or are people just THAT stupid?

Ya...I'm hoping that that part doesn't ruin the game completely. I won't buy day one (pretty much never do for anything other than Zelda games) but I'm sure I will get it pretty quickly...Unless it's total crap, but I doubt that highly.

So who else is now thinking that Drew Karpyshyn was Mass Effect?

No doubt about it' date=' it was a sad day that Drew left (Officially to work on other things, unofficially over creative difference's), the only good writer Bioware has left is David Gaider's should he leave it's all over

Yet another good article by Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/15/upset-mass-effect-fans-entitled-gamers-or-responsible-consumers/

Stunning that the most insightful articles are being written by those OUTSIDE the gaming world.......or is it :)

It's not shocking news, this industry is as corrupt as they come since there is no one out there safe guarding it's customer's rights. I never liked forbes, since the family has a history of using the publication to carry out personal vendetta's.

I have however found some respect for them

Yet another good article by Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/03/15/upset-mass-effect-fans-entitled-gamers-or-responsible-consumers/

Stunning that the most insightful articles are being written by those OUTSIDE the gaming world.......or is it :)

And at the bottom of that article he links to an excellent video commentary on the topic (skipping to the half way mark tho).

So who else is now thinking that Drew Karpyshyn was Mass Effect?

No doubt about it' date=' it was a sad day that Drew left (Officially to work on other things, unofficially over creative difference's), the only good writer Bioware has left is David Gaider's should he leave it's all over

[/quote']

Unless they both teamed up with a new dev! Or, I so wish Karpyshyn would return but to the DA division to work on DA3. That would be too good to be true.

Gaider actually did a lot of writing on DA2, didn't he? So am I sensing a fellow fan of DA2, maybe at least a little? It's one of those games where I totally get all the negative stabs and even agree in a lot of ways, yet still have a lot of love for it, personally. I was even thinking about giving it another playthrough soon.

Funny and sad, BioWare's DA:O was the game that got me back into gaming after a few years of skipping it. That lead to me to ME2, then back to ME, then DA2, and not much else but Skyrim. Another reason why I'm feeling so let down by ME3.

Fairly good youtube rant:

This is more than rant' date=' he actually showed how stupid ending is - all whom came to earth would die of starvation and rest of galaxy would run in to chaos and went back to stone age.

[/quote']

Basically, the Reapers still did what they came to do.

Archived