Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Kinda Surprised there is no topic about ME 3.

1320836743.jpg

Mass Effect 3 is the upcoming sequel to Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 developed by BioWare for the PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It is intended to be the final game in the planned Mass Effect trilogy

Mass Effect 3 will be released March 6, 2012 in North America, March 8, 2012 in Australia, and March 9, 2012 in Europe. The game was originally slated for a 'Holiday 2011' release but was delayed to "[ensure] that it exceeds everyone's expectations"[4] and "address a far larger market opportunity."[5] Prior to that, Ray Muzyka had stated that the release timing would be based on maximising both "quality" and "commercial success"

76432568291243809184.png

Few vids

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-OR7IB2O4

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

I'll be getting it on 360 since I played the first 2 on that, while trying very hard to ignore all the "BUY THIS STUPID THING TO GET THIS INANE BONUS DLC ITEM FOR ME3!!!1" stuff.

I still need to play that final dlc mission that came out for ME2 a good while back, just never got round to it.

I would have liked to have gotten it for PC, but then they decided to pull that Origin crap. Sorry but I will NEVER install Origin on my computer.

I'm torn. While I love ME1 and 2 and am pants-wetting excited about 3, I'm also squeamish about EA and Origin. Maybe I'm just being paranoid after hearing the horror stories (or perhaps horror rumors), but still, the fact that ME3 is going to be Origin-exclusive is more than a little off-putting. EA Y U NO RELEASE ON STEAM???

Don't know what's the hype with Origin it's annoying and might spy on you but already most of software you install do that anyway and when ACTA comes to live Origin will be the least of your worries.

I only use Origin to launch ME 2 and nothing else (well soon Kingdoms of amalur reckoning and ME 3 )

So I already Pre Ordered N7 CE edition and now waiting till game releas.

I'm torn. While I love ME1 and 2 and am pants-wetting excited about 3' date=' I'm also squeamish about EA and Origin. Maybe I'm just being paranoid after hearing the horror stories (or perhaps horror rumors), but still, the fact that ME3 is going to be Origin-exclusive is more than a little off-putting. EA Y U NO RELEASE ON STEAM???

[/quote']

EA is under the impression that they can market there own games better, and that by offering them on a network which would be exclusive to EA products and no bad publicity that they could boost sales. I think this will back fire on EA as it simply makes it easier for those like myself to mostly avoid even having to look at EA products while shopping. Now if you thought the I hate steam camp was built on anger and frustration you havnt seen nothing until you have the rants of the poor suckers who bought games through origin

Anyway Mass Effect is the only game that EA has not turned to shit and since ME 3 has not been released yet, EA still has a chance to aim for a perfect record. Having looked over the PC specs I do not have much hope for anything other then a great game that got turned into yet another piece of console trash. I hope I am wrong but EA's track record doesnt encourage me

EA is under the impression that they can market there own games better' date=' and that by offering them on a network which would be exclusive to EA products and no bad publicity that they could boost sales. I think this will back fire on EA as it simply makes it easier for those like myself to mostly avoid even having to look at EA products while shopping. Now if you thought the I hate steam camp was built on anger and frustration you havnt seen nothing until you have the rants of the poor suckers who bought games through origin

Anyway Mass Effect is the only game that EA has not turned to shit and since ME 3 has not been released yet, EA still has a chance to aim for a perfect record. Having looked over the PC specs I do not have much hope for anything other then a great game that got turned into yet another piece of console trash. I hope I am wrong but EA's track record doesnt encourage me

[/quote']

I honestly don't hear people rage about Steam all that much, whereas I have heard NOTHING good about EA and Origin. Like, at all. Much as I want ME3, I'm nervous about having to go through Origin to get it.

@FusRoDah

As with the previous games in the Mass Effect trilogy, Shepard will be able to recruit companions that can follow Shepard into battle. Currently, these are known to include:

Kaidan Alenko

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy

Liara T'Soni

Garrus Vakarian

James Vega

Ashley Williams

Returning Characters Edit

The following characters will appear in some capacity in Mass Effect 3, provided they survived the events of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

David Anderson 1

Armando-Owen Bailey

Kelly Chambers

EDI

Jack

Captain Kirrahe

Thane Krios

Miranda Lawson

Legion

Admiral Hackett

The Illusive Man

Zaeed Massani

Jeff "Joker" Moreau

Mordin Solus

Jacob Taylor

Aria T'Loak

Donnel Udina

Conrad Verner

Urdnot Wrex

I honestly don't hear people rage about Steam all that much' date=' whereas I have heard NOTHING good about EA and Origin. Like, at all. Much as I want ME3, I'm nervous about having to go through Origin to get it.

[/quote']Wait 8.1 seconds for it to be cracked. Apply cracked exe/files, and go on your way. Chances are that's what I'll do. I don't trust EA, because I don't trust what they've done in the past plain and simple, or their vague language that they've tried to foster off in their ToS either.

The reason why Steam has as much support in the gaming community as it does, is simply because steam hasn't done a: "And now gentlemen, I shall kick you squarely in the balls, then fuck you, then I'll fuck your dog, then piss in your OJ." that EA has done in the past. This isn't just with consumers, it goes with their employees too.

Though to be honest after the DA2 fiasco, I'll prolly wait for the actual reviews to roll in before even considering to buy it. They're pushing realllllly hard to get people to preorder, and that pushes my "do not buy" button.

Wait 8.1 seconds for it to be cracked. Apply cracked exe/files' date=' and go on your way.

[/quote']

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. I'd rather not have to resort to such measures, but then, I'd also rather not have to deal with EA/Origin.

@FusRoDah

As with the previous games in the Mass Effect trilogy' date=' Shepard will be able to recruit companions that can follow Shepard into battle. Currently, these are known to include:

Kaidan Alenko

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy

Liara T'Soni

Garrus Vakarian

James Vega

Ashley Williams

Returning Characters Edit

The following characters will appear in some capacity in Mass Effect 3, provided they survived the events of Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

David Anderson 1

Armando-Owen Bailey

Kelly Chambers

EDI

Jack

Captain Kirrahe

Thane Krios

Miranda Lawson

Legion

Admiral Hackett

The Illusive Man

Zaeed Massani

Jeff "Joker" Moreau

Mordin Solus

Jacob Taylor

Aria T'Loak

Donnel Udina

Conrad Verner

Urdnot Wrex

[/quote']

Tali and Garrus. Winning.

I heard you can install origins in a sandbox environment on your computer. Like this virtual-box kind of things. I probably will chose that solution, since I want to know how the story ends.

I hope Mass Effect 3 doesn't suck as DA2 did. That would destroy any kind of trust I still have in the bioware peeps.

Archived