Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Art does not exist only to entertain' date=' but also to challenge one to think, to provoke, even to disturb, in a constant search for truth.[/i']

Barbra Streisand (1942 - )

I needed that reminder.

And thanks for the soundtrack post here and in another thread that I seem to remember. Maybe one of the best fucking soundtracks for anything with a soundtrack, ever. Sam Hulick and Jack Wall... no words to describe them. Only their own sounds do them justice. (And not your usual Lords of Acid post (seem to remember (tho it's foggy) being to a LoA show when I was in Cincinnati (sincity)).

The ending, it's not really an ending, but a mind fuck, and I wouldn't have it any other way now. I hate endings anyway. The only real endings are when you die, and that sucks. Nothing should ever be about endings unless it' made for people who have given up and settled on growing old, slow suicide. Not in my script.

Playing the BioWare advocate for a moment' date=' how many endings were in ME2? We had 2 options, red or blue. Up to that point, we had intermediate choices that changed who exactly did what or who lived or died, but ultimately the ending only had red or blue.[/quote']

I'm not so disappointed with the choices but it's stuff like this..

An actual...

Ashley was one of my team members for the final assault.

I picked red.

Ashley was one of the members stepping off the Normandy in the end.

Now we don't know how long Shepard was out cold... but how did Ash get on the ship? If things had gotten so bad that the Normady's crew thought that earth was lost and were hauling their ass out of there how did they manage to land on Earth?

But the fighting was still going on around the Citadel...

Yeah, I sometimes point out plot holes while dreaming, too. Then I realize I'm dreaming and become lucid. Then I begin doing all sorts of cool stuff, like flying or sexing it up.

No, seriously tho, have you considered the ending wasn't literal/visual?

Walters & Karpyshyn probably had the outline and the bulk of the storyline done for ME2 when Karpyshyn left to work on SWTOR. For ME3' date=' Walters was on his own and without the team of Walters & Karpyshyn, Walters probably lacked the feedback he needed. The type of feedback that asked "If Ash was with Shepard, how did Ash get on the Normandy?"

I also take issue with the side quests. It's one thing to simplify them. It's another to simplify almost all of them to the point of...

beep,... beep,... beep,... "I found Something!", ploink!... thunk,... You saved the Asari Commandos!

Maybe there will be DLC that will explain what happened to the rest of the Normady's crew...

But how?

Most likely my character, Shepherd, is dead, the mass effect relays are defiantly destroyed and the Normandy is a burning wreck.

This is why I haven't played any post ending missions. There is no post narrative for my character.

[/quote']

I like to think my Shep graduated, or, to use a gaming phrase, leveled up. It gets fuzzy because such things cannot be properly described to the non-graduated. I'm not sure I even know what I mean.

A post-narrative for Shepard?

The Mass Effect triology reveals itself as legendary Shepard narrations of the stargazer, fantastic stories to allay the kids's hunger for own adventures in the galaxy one day. And maybe even the childish solutions offered by the 'ghostly/godlike kid' are to be understood as the result of a vivid interaction between the kid and the stargazer during the telling of the story, so that the kid becomes part of it already in the prologue of ME3.

Tell me another story about the Shepard...

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmLHC-OtAwk

The indoctrination theory is a good theory but a piss poor thing to have in a game ending for the final of the trilogy. Any way you cut things, bioware looks like a bunch of dumbass retards.

1. If they go with the indoct theory and release a PAID dlc for the "real" ending they will go down in flames.

2. If they release it free folks will be slightly happier but still cuss them for the dick move on their part of releasing 3/4 of a game.

3. If they do nothing then it just proves they can't write worth a crap. There are folks that will argue about this but it just proves that they are as inept as bioware. A good story has a beginning, middle and end. You can get away with a slow start or rushed middle but the ending is something you have to deliver on. Any writer worth a crap knows this. Bioware is pretty much screwed and I for one don't have a damn bit of sympathy for them. Honestly the game is NOT better than ME2 story wise but rather it rides on its coat tails. Yes the graphics are improved but HOLY HELL WTF is up with the "space bar does everything" BS. Every time I died in my play through it was because of that nonsense.

Whichever way this thing turns out I won't be buying bioware products day one or even day 50, as they have clearly not learned any of the lessons from DA2 and now this abysmal ending. I am not sure if it is the life sucking fault of EA or what but they have turned their backs on the fans that built their franchise.

I will look for their future crap in the $5 bargain bin which is where it belongs.

Sorry, but it isn't up to the players to teach the designers a lesson. And if you think ME3 is bad, well, then play Skyrim or alike.

The next flashback DLC to ME3 will be a goodseller, exactly because of the ongoing rumours. And there will be no alternative ending ... only to please the crowd that thinks to have a business.

I'm still slowly making my way through the game and just finally made it to the point where the Citadel gets transported to Earth. Part of me just thinks if I go slow enough and take my time, that they will introduce a patch or DLC to fix the ending before I have to experience it in my game. I've already watched all the endings multiple times online but something feels worse about watching it on my TV with MY Shepard.

For indoctrination theory to be true nothing from ending sequence should have place.

Citadel didn't blow-up, mass rally weren't destroyed and fight is still raging.

But now that did happen and this is just poor writing not some indoctrination crap.

What the hell, if you prepare yourself for fight you can chose additional supposedly 2 bad ends? And if you not, you are getting only, supposedly good end? Poor, writing that is.

Sorry' date=' but it isn't up to the players to teach the designers a lesson. And if you think ME3 is bad, well, then play Skyrim or alike.

The next flashback DLC to ME3 will be a goodseller, exactly because of the ongoing rumours. And there will be no alternative ending ... only to please the crowd that thinks to have a business.

[/quote']

Ultimately yes, it is up to consumers in the end. If they don't buy your product, then you are out of business.

Comparing ME and Skyrim makes me think that you have only played one and not both. ME is an interactive story with some action thrown in. Skyrim is exactly the opposite. The problem is ME abandons what has made the series successful and popular for 2 straight games and goes into la-la land with that ending. If you did play it and liked it great. Most did not like it and the amount of negative press is making ea/bioware squirm right now. This negative press does NOT help them sell games. If that was the case, then DA2 would have been HUGE.

As to whether they release a fixed ending for the game....no one knows. They may do it just to shut the fans up and end the negativity. Bethesda did just that with broken steel and look how successful it was.

Right now I would think that doing something about the ending would help reclaim the core fans as most are ready to walkout on the franchise.

In the end speculating on what bioware will do is a waste of time. EA calls the shots and we all know what their track record is.

Bioware's twitter feed says they are going to fix it. They've been telling numerous people to patiently wait until April. Which to me means they have to call in their voice actors at their earliest convenience (which could be until mid-late april) to do new dialogue.

Assuming they didn't plan this out all along.

Bioware isn't stupid. EA as a company might be, but the folks at Bioware aren't. They will do right by their fan base. One, they will get some of the respect they lost back and two, they also will make money doing it.

The rage quit attitude by the fan base has reflected poorly upon gamers in general.

Bioware's twitter feed says they are going to fix it. They've been telling numerous people to patiently wait until April. Which to me means they have to call in their voice actors at their earliest convenience (which could be until mid-late april) to do new dialogue.

Bioware isn't stupid. EA as a company might be' date=' but the folks at Bioware aren't. They will do right by their fan base. One, they will get some of the respect they lost back and two, they also will make money doing it.

The rage quit attitude by the fan base has reflected poorly upon gamers in general.

[/quote']

Frankly, I no longer trust anything bioware says as they failed to deliver on the promises already made. Bioware has to date, NOT promised to do anything more than "listen".

Any "fix" will cost money and that decision will not be made lightly or quickly. Assessments of cost versus gain will have to be run and approvals granted. I doubt the number crunching will be done by the end of April. Which means that if they decided to do anything, it would not even begin until May and could take anywhere from 1-6 months depending on how extensive a rewrite/rework is involved. Plus, factor in testing and how to distribute it. Big corporations do not move/react quickly as there are many legal i's to dot and t's to cross.

As to bioware being stupid......well, suffice to say, that is a pure personal judgement call. I think they demonstrated the very definition of "out of touch" and "stupidity" by releasing that abomination of an ending, but this is just my opinion. If they attempt to charge money for a proper series ending, they may stir up a crap storm that makes this pale in comparison. All an all, I think we can agree, that the current ending choice was in fact "unwise".

I see nothing wrong with gamers being astute consumers. Sure, there are some knuckleheads out there that are acting in a foolish manner. However, this is not at all limited to those that dislike the ending. I have seen just as much unacceptable behavior among those who like the endings as those who don't. Then folks like that ign employee that lambastes everyone who expresses an opinion and is too ignorant to realize that he just painted himself with the same stroke. I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinion provided they do so in a respectful manner. Personally I am boycotting bioware until such time as they do fix the ending of ME3.

Bioware isn't stupid. EA as a company might be' date=' but the folks at Bioware aren't. They will do right by their fan base. One, they will get some of the respect they lost back and two, they also will make money doing it.

[/quote']

Bioware's twitter feed say's nothing about changing the ending, they state only that they will address the ending in april. This is nothing more then a stall tactic designed to curb the rage and bad reviews so that ME 3 will continue to sell copies

I guarantee that if the fan base goes silent and waits patiently until april like a good flock of sheep Bioware will simply make a statement outlining current state of the ME universe and nothing more

I rarely bother to read fan creations but this guys alternate low ems ending was pretty fucking good and I recommend giving it a read. There are some lose area's that would need touching up plot wise but over all it far better then what bioware delivered. You can find it below (copy pasted from BSN)

A Meaningful Alternate Ending- LOW EMS (Operation Sol Crusher) by Maestro of Fails

Now I haven't forced myself to suffer through the ending more than once, so this won't be insanely detailed, more of just an outline for an alternate ending that would have the emotional impact I felt the original was supposed to have.

Admiral Hackett- "Shepard, it seems you've made more enemies than friends out there, I don't think we have the fleet to get the Crucible through. I wish we had more options."

Commander Shepard- "Maybe we do Admiral. The Illusive Man already informed the Reapers that the Crucible is the key to their destruction..."

Ad Hackett-"So they have brought the bulk of their forces to protect the Citadel, and keep the Crucible from making contact, which means we'll get hammered out there. How does this help us Commander?"

[these next lines would vary depending on whether or not Tali survived the suicide mission, so I'll just place the basic response]

Shepard- "Tali was investigating a a star which had fallen into rapid decay. She says that the cause was Element Zero being bled into the star from a ship in decaying orbit."

Admiral H- "I still don't understand how this helps us commander, and I don't like what this is beginning to sound like"

Shepard-"The question is Admiral, what are we willing to lose to stop the reapers?"

Hackett- "If we don't stop them, we lose everything. The stakes are clear."

Shepard- "I have a plan. But we will lose Earth, Mars, everything in the Sol system Admiral."

Hackett- "You want to cause a super-nova? Commander, you're out of line-"

[here a renegade interrupt would appear, if you do not hit it Hackett begins to question your sanity, but you can reach the same conclusion]

Shepard[interrupt]-"We lose Earth Admiral, or we lose everything, Those are the stakes."

Hackett-"... This is the only way, isn't it? Very well, what do you need us to do Commander?"

Shepard- "Exactly what we planned, move in with the Crucible, try to convince them we mean it. They move faster than our ships. If they figure out what we are doing they will try to get to the Charon Relay. We can't let them know."

Hackett-"Do you think the fleet should know?"

[here the player would choose between a few options, this choice would affect how many reapers hit the relay and escape]

Hackett-"What will you be doing? The Reapers know you're their biggest threat Commander, they will be watching any move you make extremely carefully."

[another decision, this time affecting how many friendly forces escape as well as affecting the final fight(You can stay aboard, tipping the reapers off and making the final encounter being fought inside Harbinger, or go to london, causing the reapers to focus on you when the fleet moves to escape. I will write the London ending first and add the Harbinger ending when I can]

--------London--------

[once again depending on whether or not tali survived ME2, if not this conversation will be with EDI]

Shepard [via radio]- "How much Eezo would we need to make it super-nova fast enough?"

Tali [via radio]- "It seems like a the amount within 2 drive cores would be enough, but they need to be... I guess overcooked would be the right word. We'll find a way shepard, you just keep their attention on you. Keelah Se'Lai (if Love Interest) and Shepard, I love you."

[cue the ingame london sequence]

[Towards the end Shepard is bruised and bloody, still moving towards the beam]

Hackett- Shepard, we don't have much left, the Crucible wouldn't even function if we could use it now"

Shepard- "Tali! We're running out of time! we need a way NOW!"

Joker- "Commander, we found a way. Tali and the rest of the non crewman are being taken by shuttle to other ships. Remember how the Alliance Brass thought the Stealth Systems were a waste of money? Turns out thats just what we need to 'cook off' those cores. Plus we got a nice and shiny Tantalus drive core from Cerberus. With enough Eezo for two ships! And get this, EDI predicts that the Eezo will accelerate the Super-Nova to Faster-than-light speed! Great how things work out in the end eh Commander?"

Shepard- "Joker, no... There's gotta be something else... Some other way..."

Joker [somber]- "I've said my goodbyes commander. And I won't be going down alone. The ship crew wants to get as deep into the sun as we can, and that means everyone will need to be doing their damnedest to keep the barriers up as long as we can. Tell the fleet to withdraw. The last of the non essentials are away."

Shepard- "Admiral! Get everyone to the relay! NOW!"

Hackett- "What about you Commander?"

[depending on your personal history]

[colonist]- "I always wanted to be buried here... Too many familiar names on Mindoir"

[spacer]- "I thought I'd go down with my ship, but it looks like I'll be going down with my planet"

[earthborn]- "This is... Home"

Shepard- Just promise me you'll hunt down every last one that we didn't get here, for all of us"

Hackett- It was an honor.

Shepard [an open com to all Earth defenders]- We are about to win this. But its going to take every last man here to do it. I'm sorry, I wish there had been another way... Any other way. You all sacrificed everything to save a galaxy. Every living being left in this existence owes you their lives, and they damn well won't forget it. We are sacrificing our home so that nothing has to face this threat EVER AGAIN. Each and every one of you is a legend. I'm proud to be here with you in our darkest hour. So let's show them that we won't let them leave! That this is our planet, and if we are going to lose it, we'll lose it on OUR terms. Commander Shepard, over and out"

[the camera leaves earth and enters the Normandy, heading straight for the sun and focuses on joker furiously scrambling in the cockpit until EDI takes his hand, and they kiss. Joker looks at the readouts one last time]

Joker- "I always thought it would be stairs..."

----edit----

Added a mention of the nova going FTL due to the possibility of the Reapers escaping otherwise. Thanks Subject M!

Still not to fond of that fan ending because it still throws out a lot of decisions made up to that point.

And with the series, this is the only BIG screw up they have made. Yes they said they're going to adress the ending. That means they are going to fix it. There is nothing else they could do, lest they cover themselves up in the apparent hole they sucessfully dug for themselves. They really couldn't afford to screw up a second time with this , lest their reputation truly be forever tarnished. Something they can't afford as a business.

The fact that the games ending and various other aspects turned out like they did(lame auto conversations), I honestly think it came from the sudden decision to add multiplayer into the game, right around the time it was initially supposed to be released.

Anyway... people shouldn't be so angry. Yeah Bioware screwed up. Not the first time a company has done it. They have a chance to redeem their short-sighted, lazy approach to a close of, to date, one of the best science-fiction ARPG series ever. However, this "We demand a better ending, NOW!" Isn't the way to go about getting it.

Bioware should have known better, still. That I agree with. Maybe, like I said, they had this planned out to start with. Honestly think they did, but at the behest of their Publisher, EA and their wonderful business practices...

Anytime EA gets its hands on a good development company it generally goes from good, to sh*t pretty quickly. Or so my experience has been.

And oh yeah... of course it is going to cost money. Because they do have to pay their teams, and artists, and on a good WRITER. As well as the Voice Talent that has to come back to fix this mess. Should they do it out of pocket for everyone? Absolutely. Will EA let them? Probably not.

I'm more mad at myself than anyone else. Before it's release, I was fully expecting ME3 to suck. Then when it came out, I heard about an awful ending. So I saw what I expected to see while wearing my anti-EAWare glasses.

Remind me again why I'm supposed to want ME to end. Why should I hope for a resolution and proper closing the book of my favorite series? I remember after playing ME2, and especially the Liar of the Shadow Broker DLC, hoping that BioWare would actually change the formula for game releases, making ME more like an episodic TV series and less like a movie. Sooo why should I hope for it to be concluded? Shouldn't I be asking for more and not have a problem paying for it, as well? After ME2, I wasn't disappointed by having to wait and pay for more. It's kind of what I wanted. Still do.

It would be great if that is what they might have planned to do in the first place. I think it was?

But they stated many times that this game was to be the last of the trilogy. They were talking about going on to a mmo or something but I honestly wouldn't play it, like I don't play SWTOR. I'm plenty happy with ME being the single player experience.

They wanted Shepard's story to end here, but I think thats like wanting Master Chief to really have died in Halo 3. They kept Chief alive, and -that- was acceptable to the fans of the series. I think Bungie had a good sense of knowing that players tend to get attatched to the characters they play. Mass Effect is no exception to that, and the connection is even stronger than other games.

I think they ought to let their fan base decide when its a good time for Shep to go down. Hence the "infuriating" ending of ME3.

Maybe after this ending business blows over we'll see something like that. But.. it's hard to say. Bioware is on a steep slope with their ME fans (a lot of them anyway.) Anything they put out short of the demanded ending fix will just seem like distraction tactics. Or like they're just blowing their fans off, and not in the good way.

Still not to fond of that fan ending because it still throws out a lot of decisions made up to that point.

And with the series' date=' this is the only BIG screw up they have made. Yes they said they're going to adress the ending. That means they are going to fix it. There is nothing else they could do, lest they cover themselves up in the apparent hole they sucessfully dug for themselves. They really couldn't afford to screw up a second time with this , lest their reputation truly be forever tarnished. Something they can't afford as a business. [/quote']

No where do they (Bioware) ever say that they will change the ending. Not once is that ever added as a possability. All the hype that you see stating otherwise is being spread around t do one thing. To take the heat off long enough that Bioware needs only sit back and do nothing.

They have stated recently that will offer DLC that provides additional clarity to the existing ending. Not that they will create new endings.

So more then likely shep will still be railroaded into acting out of character, the godstarchild will still make no fucking sense and you will still commit genocide on a scale so large it makes Hitler cum in his pants

I want a new ending I really do, I tried everything to make this one go the fuck away. I said abra cadabra hocus pocus and clicked my heels three god damned times but none of it worked

So untill Bioware says here is a "New Ending" expect only there example of additional clarity to what we have now.

hwjwx3.png

Sorry' date=' but it isn't up to the players to teach the designers a lesson. And if you think ME3 is bad, well, then play Skyrim or alike.

[/quote']

Ultimately yes, it is up to consumers in the end. If they don't buy your product, then you are out of business.

You are not THE consumers. And people will buy the next DLC, no doubt about it. The louder they mock about the end the better the DLC sells.

And with the series' date=' this is the only BIG screw up they have made. Yes they said they're going to adress the ending. That means they are going to fix it. There is nothing else they could do, lest they cover themselves up in the apparent hole they sucessfully dug for themselves. They really couldn't afford to screw up a second time with this , lest their reputation truly be forever tarnished. Something they can't afford as a business. [/quote']

No where do they (Bioware) ever say that they will change the ending. Not once is that ever added as a possability. All the hype that you see stating otherwise is being spread around t do one thing. To take the heat off long enough that Bioware needs only sit back and do nothing.

They have stated recently that will offer DLC that provides additional clarity to the existing ending. Not that they will create new endings.

So more then likely shep will still be railroaded into acting out of character, the godstarchild will still make no fucking sense and you will still commit genocide on a scale so large it makes Hitler cum in his pants

I want a new ending I really do, I tried everything to make this one go the fuck away. I said abra cadabra hocus pocus and clicked my heels three god damned times but none of it worked

So untill Bioware says here is a "New Ending" expect only there example of additional clarity to what we have now.

They aren't going to out and say anything. Why should they? They never do. They aren't even as cool as Bethesda about announcing what bugs they are fixing or when to expect the next patch.

But their silence does not mean they aren't going to fix the end. That twitter comment is neither a confirmation nor a denial... starting to sound like the US government a bit.

Ultimately yes' date=' it is up to consumers in the end. If they don't buy your product, then you are out of business.

[/quote']

You are not THE consumers. And people will buy the next DLC, no doubt about it. The louder they mock about the end the better the DLC sells.

Um...where did I say I was "the" consumers? Hello.....did you even read my comment? The statement I said is indeed valid. Consumers DO determine what sells and what does not at the end of the day.

As to your second comment....YOU have no data other than your opinion to back this. Only time will tell if they sell dlc or not.

@Silvercleric: Bioware's MO has always been to "turtle up" whenever shit hits the fan and what they have done thus far is just SOP. In this way too, they really do seem like the US Gov :(

I am angry only because I was such a big fan of the series and to see a gaming company take a decent game and literally burn it to the F'ing ground in less than 15 minutes is just mind boggling. ME3 without that ending would have been a solid lock for GOTY even with its gaming mechanics flaws just because of the success of the series. As a stand alone game it would have just been another gears of war clone that would have gotten lukewarm reception.

It plays more like a GoW game though. One button to do everything, super sticky cover system. Auto dialogue... I understand the anger. I was pretty disappointed myself. I'm a big fan of Mass Effect as well. I have an N7 mouse pad and the collector edition of ME2 & 3 sitting on my desk here.

I can't remember the head producer of ME3's name.. but they tried to draw in too many different crowds to play ME3. Which was a failure because the CoD/BF3 crowd, for the most part don't like games with more talking than shooting.

I've always felt they really have held back on the series. There is SO much they could do through the first two games alone that would have perfected the series. They had the right balance in ME2, with just a pinch to much scanning, IMO.

In 3... we get to spend like 10 minutes on Earth. So we don't get to see what a future version of it might look like... and come back to a screwed up London. I don't think that was enough time for me to want to come back to save Earth. It never asked the question "Why is Earth worth it" Should Shepard really bother?

Instead we got a kid, who I still think is some sort of Reaper mind-trick being played on Shepard. No kid in that situation wouldn't want to come out of the duct and GTFO the planet in a ship. I think it would have meant something more, if the kid lived and did go with Shep.

The same "vision" of the kid being used in the ending.. just made the whole thing even more ridiculous. There's a lot about ME3 I don't like in that regard.

You are not THE consumers. And people will buy the next DLC' date=' no doubt about it. The louder they mock about the end the better the DLC sells.

[/quote']

No doubt about it. I could shit in a box, put it on ebay and someone will buy it. How many people are interested in buying it and how much money I make off it are something entirely different.

We know that Bioware is going to release multi-player DLC. We also know that multi-player DLC will sell very well.

The question that no one can answer at this time is "Will single player DLC sell well?" This is something that we wont know until the Omega DLC is released. Even EA/Bioware is nervous about this.

Yea, I agree had they taken a little more time this could have become the ultimate game. I don't know if time was the issue or money or both but so many things seemed rushed.

I would agree with you on the "over simplification" and the one button nonsense. I too hoped that it would be a graphically updated version of ME2. I would have been playing if for the next couple of years had they gone that direction. I started all over and played 1 & 2 and the GoW type changes really slap you in the face. This is the danger when you try to appeal to a "wider audience". You risk loosing your core fans. Sometimes this gamble pays off, sometimes it does not. Time will tell if this gamble was worth it or not.

What I want to know is where the hell were my Rachni troops???? Lazy MF'ing bioware!!!!!! :P

I don't blame Bioware so much as their Publisher. EA does not support anything that doesn't revolve around money. They even axe their developers ideas/projects if they feel it wont make a big enough profit.

Bioware used to not be so damn lazy a few years ago. But trying to appeal to a different gaming crowd, Budget limits, and general lack of care really bled through on this game. I too was hoping for some DX11, since the Unreal Engine supports it. If not that, at the very least some higher quality textures. They're still using very blurry and crumbily compressed textures.

Ever since the first game I've always hated the blurry textures. Really holds the game back in the visual department. All three games. ME2 was a step up from 1, ME3... feels more like a reversion back to 1. They said the game shipped "high-res" but playing the game I can only very definitely say Bullsh*t to that.

Yeah where's the rachni troops? The Salarian ships that were promised? How about the Cerberus defectors? And... no actual count from Alliance brass about the numbers being faced? Just "a lot" of reapers? Quarians were supposedly supposed to have some 50,000 ships or something like that (mentioned in ME1) That isn't enough alone? You'd think reapers would go down pretty damn quick from concentrated fire from 50k ships.

And why the heck is the Effective Military strength only 5000? Really... only 5000 troops to do combat on the ground... out of a galaxy population of...40 billion or so, through combined races? Even under attack?

And since when do humans ever conform to conventional means in warfare? If nothing else, we're masters of unconventional methods. Humans don't like to lose.

We kept hearing "we can't beat them conventionally" and I can't help but think.. why are we thinking conventionally in space to start with exactly?

Anderson said it himself.. "There's always another way". Damn right! I can't believe that far into the future we wouldn't have developed some really nasty particle weapons or bombs that could wipe out entire continents... how about stuffing nukes into those mass accelerated deadnaught guns? Thats bound to do some serious damage.

Archived