Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Yea' date=' I am loving that. The score for ME3 is about the same for the PS3 and it is a 5 for the xbox.

Some of the media are starting to notice this too. At first it was dismissed as the religious homophobes and then spun that it was a conspiracy by 4chan folks bashing the Hepler chick, but now some of the media is actually starting to read the comments left by folks giving the game a ZERO and realizing exactly why they are pissed.

Sure a Zero is not a fair score for this game but neither is a 10 by the knucklehead fanboy crowd. Unfortunately too this is the only outlet to get attention (other than boycotting any DLC they put out) as they already have our money.

Yea, despite the leaks and vids I unwisely thought that biocrap would not stab all of it's fans in the back like that - especially unwise of me in the light of their statements months ago that "not everyone will like the ending" - NO SHIT!!!! A more acurate statement would have been "very few will like our ending, but we do so F U!!!!" Sad, so very sad.

[/quote']

see here is the problem i have with a lot of the claims from zero raters, they are rating a game as crap before they even finish it.

i saw reviews from people like what? a day after the game came out? people already were claiming the endings sucked, when it wasn't remotely possible they had finished the game.

yeah the DLC was a fucked up move by bioware, and i didn't buy the game since d2 was a pile of shit.

i have a hard time believing that the game deserved so many zeros when the game had only been out maybe 14 hours.

all i can guess is EA meddled so much they fucked the game up or bioware is turning into hipsters and doesn't give a shit if you don't like what they do with their games.

to be even more pretentious, rome is burning and bioware keeps playing on.

Demongoat, admittedly some of the 0 and 1 guys are nothing but trolls. However if you look through the 10's you will find quite a few that either don't have the game or haven't finished it either. Just looking at the PC page I quickly counted a dozen of the 10's that blatantly said they either didn't have the game or were an hour into it.

Truthfully the game is an 8 or maybe even a 9 if the endings had made even the slightest bit of sense.

You were wise not to buy it.....I wish I had been so smart.

see here is the problem i have with a lot of the claims from zero raters' date=' they are rating a game as crap before they even finish it.

i saw reviews from people like what? a day after the game came out? people already were claiming the endings sucked, when it wasn't remotely possible they had finished the game.[/quote']

a handful of players had the game a full week before the majority thanks to a EA/Bioware promotion, then out that handful someone turned the game over to skidrow and other groups. So a pirated copy including DLC content was released nearly a week in advance.

I do not agree with the Zero's but sadly they are needed to balance out the 10's and paid reviews that claim me 3 to be the greatest game of all time

Truthfully the game is an 8 or maybe even a 9 if the endings had made even the slightest bit of sense.

I wouldnt go so far as to call the game a 8 or 9 thats to high. It is closer to a 5 or 6. Bioware skimped on to much to rate the game any higher

Anderson looks to young for his age, same with Kahlee Sanders and many others.

Many of the choices that you made in me 1 and me 2 are completely ignored, unless you made there choice

Many of the animations are crap.

Sheps arms are mutated while walking, running, standing ect.

The entire me 3 story line is weak has to many plot faults

much of the dialog makes no sense at all, regardless of wether your shep is paragon, renegade or mixed

the same is true for npc dialog

there are parts of the main game that can only be completed by playing

the multi player and socailgame

a big chunk of the normandy is missing entirely. not entirely noticeable until you go back to me 2 run around the normandy and then return to me 3. i understand that normandy was refitted but cutting off such a large portion makes no sense at all

The Citadel- nothing more needs be said

In regards to the models and textures, I love most of them but bioware once again made the mistake of mixing the old and new and they stand out to much,

now add in the DLC that was deliberately cut from the game to have a working day 1 DLC

the shit endings

the import bugs

the auto responce dialog and the auto choices

there's more but going on and on about it is now pointless. none of this will be changed not even through DLC content. ME3 is doomed to be a DA 2 repeat of fan rage. which means even more people will pirate the next bioware release or ignore it all together

see here is the problem i have with a lot of the claims from zero raters' date=' they are rating a game as crap before they even finish it.

i saw reviews from people like what? a day after the game came out? people already were claiming the endings sucked, when it wasn't remotely possible they had finished the game.[/quote']

a handful of players had the game a full week before the majority thanks to a EA/Bioware promotion, then out that handful someone turned the game over to skidrow and other groups. So a pirated copy including DLC content was released nearly a week in advance.

I do not agree with the Zero's but sadly they are needed to balance out the 10's and paid reviews that claim me 3 to be the greatest game of all time

I wouldnt go so far as to call the game a 8 or 9 thats to high. It is closer to a 5 or 6. Bioware skimped on to much to rate the game any higher

Anderson looks to young for his age' date=' same with Kahlee Sanders and many others.

Many of the choices that you made in me 1 and me 2 are completely ignored, unless you made there choice

Many of the animations are crap.

Sheps arms are mutated while walking, running, standing ect.

The entire me 3 story line is weak has to many plot faults

much of the dialog makes no sense at all, regardless of wether your shep is paragon, renegade or mixed

the same is true for npc dialog

there are parts of the main game that can only be completed by playing

the multi player and socailgame

a big chunk of the normandy is missing entirely. not entirely noticeable until you go back to me 2 run around the normandy and then return to me 3. i understand that normandy was refitted but cutting off such a large portion makes no sense at all

The Citadel- nothing more needs be said

In regards to the models and textures, I love most of them but bioware once again made the mistake of mixing the old and new and they stand out to much,

now add in the DLC that was deliberately cut from the game to have a working day 1 DLC

the shit endings

the import bugs

the auto responce dialog and the auto choices

there's more but going on and on about it is now pointless. none of this will be changed not even through DLC content. ME3 is doomed to be a DA 2 repeat of fan rage. which means even more people will pirate the next bioware release or ignore it all together

[/quote']

You are absolutely 100% right.

Btw I saw a review at metacritic that some guy (he gave it 10) actualy said that the game was almost perfect FPS!! And he was so happy about it. This is(was) RPG game dammit!! And now is just a stupid shooter with tons of auto-dialogue. With all the bugs and crap (FOV, animations, character creator impossible to build my FemShep, Zaeed-et dialogue interactions with the squadmates, day 1 DLC, etc..) I don't even want to finish the game and see the stupid Deus Ex machina ending crap...

I apologize for my english, I hope you get the point...

Just FYI take the userscores from Metacritic for a grain of salt. A group on Reddit posted an assload of negative reviews on launch day because they don't like EA / Bioware. Not that I am defending the game, it sounds like the ending is shit but still, it's not fair to judge it by those scores. Either way I won't be purchasing it until at least a price drop if all the things I am hearing are true.

Just FYI take the userscores from Metacritic for a grain of salt. A group on Reddit posted an assload of negative reviews on launch day because they don't like EA / Bioware. Not that I am defending the game' date=' it sounds like the ending is shit but still, it's not fair to judge it by those scores. Either way I won't be purchasing it until at least a price drop if all the things I am hearing are true.

[/quote']

Believe it. I finished it and I felt gut punched. I don't want to spoil anything but all three endings invalidate all the choices you made up to that point. One ending is space magic out of left field that is almost laughable absurd. If you are a long time ME fan (I admit to being a fanboy....until now) then it really will bite you hard. If you are indifferent to the series then you may not be concerned.

Oh, and the tanking it is getting on metacritic is mild compared to the thrashing on bioware's own forums!!!! Lastest poll has 97% of 18000 votes demanding a new ending.

Either way, wait for the price drop :)

All the 0's and 1's are silly ragers but I do understand their point and they do it to try and hammer across their bitter disappointment with the game.

I would rate the game myself as a 5 or 6 on standalone merit. I thought the story was poor and the graphics engine is pretty much identical to ME2 (it runs flawlessly on my C2D laptop with 8800GTS in 1280x800 no AA). The combat and levels are uninspiring with a very claustrophobic feel. There's also far too many times where you fight off waves of baddies in the same place (not done in 1 or 2 is it?). There's also no tactical depth to the combat and it's too easy, just grab a shotgun and go kamikaze. Teammates are pointless, tech/bio skills aren't even necessary and the AI is awful. It's a poor 3PS overall.

I'd like people to get away from the temptation to call certain things or the game itself "RPG" like. I wouldn't even call the first game an RPG. To me it was more of a 3PS/adventure. ME2 was a 3PS/action game and ME3 just a 3PS. At least that's how I see things.

Also worth noting is how each game gradually dumbed down the Citadel from initially being free roaming to a few small areas.

I love me some epic space sci-fi that involves exploring the unknown, going to newly discovered worlds, adventuring, along with some little epic moments of "did we just pull that off?" ME/ME2 felt like going where I'd never gone before, to borrow an opening line from Star Trek.

However, ME3 is more like, "Been there, done that."

And now I cry.

All the 0's and 1's are silly ragers but I do understand their point and they do it to try and hammer across their bitter disappointment with the game.

I would rate the game myself as a 5 or 6 on standalone merit. I thought the story was poor and the graphics engine is pretty much identical to ME2 (it runs flawlessly on my C2D laptop with 8800GTS in 1280x800 no AA). The combat and levels are uninspiring with a very claustrophobic feel. There's also far too many times where you fight off waves of baddies in the same place (not done in 1 or 2 is it?). There's also no tactical depth to the combat and it's too easy' date=' just grab a shotgun and go kamikaze. Teammates are pointless, tech/bio skills aren't even necessary and the AI is awful. It's a poor 3PS overall.

I'd like people to get away from the temptation to call certain things or the game itself "RPG" like. I wouldn't even call the first game an RPG. To me it was more of a 3PS/adventure. ME2 was a 3PS/action game and ME3 just a 3PS. At least that's how I see things.

Also worth noting is how each game gradually dumbed down the Citadel from initially being free roaming to a few small areas.

[/quote']

Oh, but you weren't in love. When a lover breaks your heart after a massive infraction, you don't just not like them as much, you tend to a kind of hatred or rage. Thus, I won't discount anyone who truly felt like giving it a 0 or 1. The 5's are probably new to the series.

As for how we label games, I'm not a fan of such labels anyway. I RP every game I play that gives me a central character. I don't think any genre should have a claim on the camera's POV either. I do like using shorthand descriptions for game elements but fear that overall stamped labels might narrow the scope of future releases, preventing new types of gaming or even just prevent hybridization.

SPOILER WARNING:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9787569/1#9787569

Now that, that's out of the way. That thread contains a bunch of other 'ending' material along with quests that were cut and gutted out.

Two "endings" both a bit spoilerish though. Though the first one people should enjoy especially if they hated the default ones.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Over the last few weeks I've been poking my head in here to see what everyone thinks. Thank you, guys, for keeping everything in spoilers. It felt good to not know what was coming.

Scrolling through this topic, I feel like I enjoyed the game far more than everyone else. I'm extremely disappointed with the ending and the idea of day one DLC, but the other 99% of the game was phenomenal! I don't play ME for the genre, but the immersion. I was immersed all of the way through, up until the end. I never went back to fix my mistakes like:

making Tali commit suicide. My god, that broke my heart. As did Mordin's death and seeing Liara/Garrus dead, only meters from the Citadel teleporter.

That first playthrough hit me hard, and I loved it! If the vast majority of the game wasn't so damn good, the shitty ending wouldn't have felt unacceptable. But even so, Mass Effect 3 has been one of the greatest games that I've ever played. Bitch about the gameplay being simplified and "consolized" all you want. The experience that the entire series created means far more to me than the mechanics behind it did.

That said, I hope that Bioware does something about the ending. Even if they take the lazy route and make it all a hallucination, I can live with that. Anything but the current ending that made all of my extra efforts pointless. I have one Shephard. I don't RP. Shepherd is me. And no other playthroughs will replace those feelings of sacrifice that I made. With the current ending, I feel like a fool for feeling bad in the first place. At least with an ending that makes sense and provides closure, I won't feel stupid for caring about the lives of NPCs.

You know it is supremely sad' date=' that a fan can piece together an ending with a video editor in a day or less, that is a million times better that the horse dung a multimillion dollar company puts out that had 150 people working on it.

[/quote']

Yeah, you've got a point there. Maybe that's why. The team or team leader on the project probably had internal problems or a falling out and just wanted it done and behind them. Maybe it was between BioWare and EA. But sad all the same.

I propose a drink... to "What it could had been"... cheers.

Oh' date=' but you weren't in love. When a lover breaks your heart after a massive infraction, you don't just not like them as much, you tend to a kind of hatred or rage. Thus, I won't discount anyone who truly felt like giving it a 0 or 1. The 5's are probably new to the series.

As for how we label games, I'm not a fan of such labels anyway. I RP every game I play that gives me a central character. I don't think any genre should have a claim on the camera's POV either. I do like using shorthand descriptions for game elements but fear that overall stamped labels might narrow the scope of future releases, preventing new types of gaming or even just prevent hybridization.

[/quote']

I was a huge fan of the series though, I'm just trying to see through that and be objective of the game without letting my fanboi-ism cloud my judgement. If I did that I wouldn't give the game any more than a 3 :P

Fair warning' date=' post contains spoilers galore. But it's a *much* better ending then the one BW put together.

I like this post:

[/quote']

I'm still playing through the game but the uproar over the poor ending lead me to read complaints, plot holes, and theories last night for 3 hours and after reading the poor endings Bioware gave us, this one right here is by far the better choice for what the ending should have been.

@Presto' date=' regardless of what you read or see until you experience the endings for yourself........:(

By playing with the Shepard/universe that I have fashioned with 3 games to end like that.......it is just wrong on so many levels.

[/quote']

That's why I spoiled the ending/s for myself because I wanted to still enjoy the game and know what was coming to soften the blow. It does make make my desire to pull together all the assets I can a little pointless but I'm trying to squeeze every inch of fun out of the game before the story catches up and slaps me in the face.

What annoys me is that they go and give you an uninspired ending that insults all the hard work you put in trying to create your own story which we were kept being told would mean something only for it all to be flipped on its side at the end and all the freewill ripped from our hands. They could have tied up the story in so many different ways that still had the same overall outcome and tones but done it in a way that didn't spit in the face of the masses. Looking back on ME 1 and 2 now all my choices amount to is a few extra cut scenes during missions and maybe an extra few numbers on the galaxy readiness chart but where it matters the most, the ending, it means nothing.

Kinda upsetting that after this game I'm moving onto Silent Hill Downpour which I'm hearing is also another let down for one of my favorite game series of all times. Maybe I should just give in and start playing nothing but Call of Duty multiplayer since thats about the only game that seems to be getting attention anymore.

[video=youtube]

On the BioWare forums there is actually quite an interesting theorie floating around: Shepard has been indoctrinated. Of who i assume could be actually quite possible

NVM: to long to read :/

Actually i think it is quite possible and i REALLY HOPE that they will come out with better endings sooner or later

Just a heads up, you can be banned for modifying your coalesced.bin if you play multiplayer even if the changes are only for things that matter in singleplayer, like reputation and romance flags. Buddy just got hammered, can't even play singleplayer when banned.

Bioware is about to meet financial disaster, the Amazon reviews of me3 continue to bounce between 2-2.5 and retailers prices of the game are falling as well. You can now find the game for $40 at many places

one of my local retailer's ended up with a horde of cancels and dumped them for $30

IMO if you have not bought the game yet wait a few more weeks and you might find it for $20

Also EA is starting to ban people from the ME facebook page that link to anything that could be viewed as unflattering or damaging to sales of ME. They are also replacing youtube vids and requiring that comments be approved first. If that was not enough the paid evangelists are back out in force posting every where that game endings are perfectly fine and that it's only a few individuals complaining

Just a heads up' date=' you can be banned for modifying your coalesced.bin if you play multiplayer even if the changes are only for things that matter in singleplayer, like reputation and romance flags. Buddy just got hammered, can't even play singleplayer when banned.

[/quote']

A friend recently contacted a class action attorney about going after EA and Bioware in regards to this issue and the false advertising campaign used to market the game

no word yet if it will get off the ground but if people contact class action attorneys they will take notice, IMO this is something that is desperately needed after EA fucked everyone over with both DA 2 and ME 3

Archived