Mass Effect 3

HanPL

http://www.gametourists.com/2012/06/when-you-lost-commander-shepard-you.html

When you lost Shepard, you lost me.

Sums up my opinions (more eloquently though) on why the ending sucks.

Good article, agree with everything.

I had exactly this feeling when playing ME3, i felt alone, even my romance that i was dragging from ME1, felt strangely cold, almost non-existent at certain times.

Angry Joe also summed up nicely why orginal ending did sux like hell.

Watched this vid yesterday, great points.

But these plot holes are so obvious even a blind would see them, how comes they didnt realized something is wrong, or are they really thinking the players are so retarded they wont see them?

Yea about LI in ME 3 it seems they focused on Liara (since she's favorite character of Hudson ) and left others with " meh just do something "

Ashley seems to act like this all the time.

bitch-mode-on.jpg

Yea Shepard I love you but you worked with Cerebrus....So I won't trust you no matter what and I need more time....

Didn't check Tali so can't really say.

Miranda & Jack seems where just a joke few lines in whole game and that's it. (Kinda fixed that in Citadel DLC )

Tali's romance was ok.  It didn't have quite as much going for it as Liara but it was not ignored like the ME2 love interests.  The only issue is Tali comes fairly late in the game so you don't get as much time.  Romanced or not, Tali had a pretty moving scene on Rannoch.  Now Liara seemed to be wired for romance from the get go and you meet her on the first mission.

Ashley being a bitch was "sort of" in character as she was slow to trust Shepard in ME1.  She also had a decent romance in ME3, it just takes a bit to kick in.

Obviously the Citadel DLC, as HanPL stated did give needed romancing to the ME2 characters.

Now for "other thoughts" while the Omega DLC really did "feel" like a expansion, the Citadel DLC felt to me like it should have been in the base game.  Just like the prothean DLC, the Citadel almost felt to me like it was pulled from the base game so they could charge extra.  To an extent so did the Leviathan DLC.  Seriously, the origin of the Reapers really should have been in the base game.  With Leviathan, the Citadel and the Prothean DLC the game actually feels complete, minus the horrible ending of course (fixed bye MEHEM mod).

Only the Omega (which I did like) DLC felt to me like an expansion and not part of the base game.  What are you guys thoughts on this?

God Ashley, she was going on my nerves the whole time with her "i dont trust you" attitude, even though we were for so long working together.

Whats strange i was romancing Liara from the beginning, i dont know if i done something in ME2 that changed her attitude towards me but she felt very cold, non-caring...a few dialouges here and there and back to ice form.

I dont have the ME3 dlcs, besides the free extended, but i wouldnt be surprised at all if it was taken out to milk more money, maybe thats why i feel something is missing in the relationships?

Too bad Angry Joe fell for the Extended Cut a little too easily. For example, claiming that the Catalyst's garbage logic was "fixed" in the EC. It wasn't. If anything, they made it worse with outright insulting justifications for it's useless line of thought.

Oh yeah and that new "fuck you, fanbase" ending. Yeah fuck you too Bioware.

As for the DLC. I've probably mentioned this before but I find it hilarious that Leviathan has the ONLY foreshadowing for the ending in the entire game. It's bad foreshadowing, but it's still foreshadowing.

I find Citadel cheap and manipulative, an attempt to appeal to emotion and our attachment to the characters while ignoring the elephant in the room that is the ending. Omega is the most innocuous DLC, but then it's also the most boring. Yay let's fight more Cerberus mooks in the name of almighty queen bitch Aria. Of course even Omega for all it's irrelevancy has signs that it was originally in the main game but ripped out to be sold seperately.

Ash was a pain the ass in the first game and I think bioware was going for the whole she dearly loves Shep but is scared to death he is not really the Shep she knew and loved angle.  I think they went WAY overboard with it however and made it feel way too overbearing, to the point of being a chunky clunky monkey.

Ash was a pain the ass in the first game and I think bioware was going for the whole she dearly loves Shep but is scared to death he is not really the Shep she knew and loved angle.  I think they went WAY overboard with it however and made it feel way too overbearing, to the point of being a chunky clunky monkey.

+1

In ME 1 She was annoying but still overall good character with sometimes funny and witty comments and strong morals (If I remember correctly she didn't like aliens to much... ) And what was dumb as hell for me they made Ashely bisexual character but since she had Christian beliefs they decided to remove it from the game (but no disc... )  Also suddenly Kaidan in ME 3 becomes bisexual but Ashle don't....

And in ME 3 Ashley is like broken record with Cerberus...Shepard...Cerberus...Shepard....I need more time....Cerberus...

1:30 sum it up pretty nicely :D

• 7 months later...

So I realise this is a bit of a Necro, but I thought I'd let anyone who is interested in the ME trilogy (but ME3 especially) that I've done a review of ME1 and ME3 (ME2 coming shortly, just need to replay it) and that you can find it here.

I'm also bringing this thread up because a lot of the research I did before writing it was conducted from this thread, to see what people liked, didn't liked, etc, after I'd played the game myself. I realise at this point a lot of you have probably stopped caring, but I thought it was worth the shot in the dark. The problem with playing something years after its come out is precisely that, you end up having to much to talk about with nobody who cares anymore.

In any case, I've gone into quite a lot of depth regarding pretty much everything. It is long. I won't hold it against anyone if you just skim read or pick points of interest, because I've pretty much poured my heart and soul into discussing things I felt were interesting or could have been done better, etc. Given what I've read here, some of you may find it interesting.

Or not  :D

In any case, there you have it. 

Archived