Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Mass Effect 1 is outselling Mass Effect 3 on Amazon.

Lol

ME3 on Amazon rating so far:

Out of 161 Reviews

(Number of people)

5 star:

(16)

4 star:

(11)

3 star:

(19)

2 star:

(26)

1 star:

(89)

Average is showing 2 stars.

I just.. Loled..

So who else is now thinking that Drew Karpyshyn was Mass Effect?

No doubt about it' date=' it was a sad day that Drew left (Officially to work on other things, unofficially over creative difference's), the only good writer Bioware has left is David Gaider's should he leave it's all over

[/quote']

Unless they both teamed up with a new dev! Or, I so wish Karpyshyn would return but to the DA division to work on DA3. That would be too good to be true.

Gaider actually did a lot of writing on DA2, didn't he? So am I sensing a fellow fan of DA2, maybe at least a little? It's one of those games where I totally get all the negative stabs and even agree in a lot of ways, yet still have a lot of love for it, personally. I was even thinking about giving it another playthrough soon.

Funny and sad, BioWare's DA:O was the game that got me back into gaming after a few years of skipping it. That lead to me to ME2, then back to ME, then DA2, and not much else but Skyrim. Another reason why I'm feeling so let down by ME3.

I have been a bioware fan from the very start after playing Baldurs Gate I was hooked. I loved DAO, and I hated a lot of DA 2 but I'll be honest I did at least like the story and most of the characters

I know what your getting at by wondering where to go for a game, there really is nothing out there thats worth while.

I was thinking of talking to the old team and seeing if we have the energy to develop our own game. It might be boring to play since I'll know the story but at least others might get something out of it

It is now official. Casey (the prick) Hudson has announced that they are sticking with the endings. They are working on pre-ending dlc as well as multi-player dlc.

I am done with bioware. I can't forgive ruining perhaps the greatest sfi trilogy in 20 minutes or less. They have made my shit list and won't ever come off it.

It is now official. Casey (the prick) Hudson has announced that they are sticking with the endings. They are working on pre-ending dlc as well as multi-player dlc.

I am done with bioware. I can't forgive ruining perhaps the greatest sfi trilogy in 20 minutes or less. They have made my shit list and won't ever come off it.

The good thing is you are not the only one. Maybe Bioware will realize it when they see that their game is getting terrible reviews from anyone that is not a critic and sales are not great either. It's time for Bioware to take the EA blinders off and realize that they are far from the great company they used to be.

Yea, I hear that. I just wish they had stayed true to form long enough to finish out ME3. Crying F'ing shame!!!

Ah well, there is always Bethesda :) It has it's flaws but as a company it pays closer attention to its fans than most companies out there.

I don't know if someone mentioned it but I find that there is one thing shittier than the ending, and it's the thing how the game starts... for me seeing Udina on the Council (regardless of what you did in the previous games - FU Bioware) that was a gamebreaker right there.

Other things that annoy me, in random order, putting it in spoiler tags for the people who want to be disappointed on their own rather than reading about it ;p

1: area of the Citadel you can move in, went from normal size in me1 to slightly smaller but still awesome in me2 and then to having each area being the size of normandy's main deck or slightly larger

2: side missions, ah wait there are no side missions.... moving on.... (no,-go to a planet and pick up stuff- doesn't count as a side mission)

3: mentioned before beginning of the game... starting the game off from some book and disregarding everything you've done is spitting us in the face, we (or at least I) didn't spend hours and hours on making that one perfect save so that I can get fucked over like this

4: impact of the things you've done in 2 on the things you can do in 3 umm... yeah... like... talk to a few more npc's?... seriously, when playing I got the feeling that me3 imported more stuff from me1 than me2

5: plotholes the size of the freaking citadel "we destroy you using our 'bots so that you can't create 'bots that destroy you" now that makes a lot of sense... (there are many others but this one is the most obvious IMHO)

6: ending..... giving us the awesome choice of a:you're screwed b:you're fucked c:why do you care you die anyways... really bioware? seriously? well fuck you too! Where's my happy ending? This game has one of the 2 worst endings I have ever seen, the other game being deus:ex hr (ok de:hr has one up over me3 since the 3 endings there were actually different in me3 the only difference is that different people get out of normandy in a different order). What is the point of playing the game when in the end all your choices don't matter at all and it all boils down to "press a button, recieve ending... oh yea you don't get to live anyways" This is expecially disappointing when you've been an all around paragon guy and helping everyone you get to the ending hoping to see their stories unfold. If I were to put it as a meme it would be: template.jpg

7: sloppy design... check out the holes in the floor at huerta memorial for example

8: beginning of the game again... for those playing renegade Shep this must make a lot of sense for him to go get incarcerated and give up his ship... It makes as much sense as John Rambo fighting his enemies with the powers of persuasion

9: copypasta At this point I don't even bother asking why.... on a side note, not a fan of such theories but for the interested if you go to the deviantart page in THIS picture that comment ny hahahafire is on 7th or 8th comments' page.

10: The speech before the final battle, another absolute gamebreaker... WHY THE HELL would ANYONE want to listen to hackett who is some washed up backwater admiral compared to shepard who is known in the entire bloody galaxy for saving the citadel or defeating the collectors. Hacket didn't do jack to assemble the races, it was Shep flying all over the galaxy doing favours and helping others survive..... so I see it as utterly nonsensical to have Hackett give a speech before the final battle, expecially that in me1 and me2 we had control over what to say in such moments.

11: killing off Legion and Mordin: it look so disgustingly forced, at least for me (since the theme for the series has so far been "triumph over impossible odds")

12: too much of an interactive movie too little of player making actual choices that matter (this is purely subjective so I'm not going to argue with anyone that says I'm in the wrong with this one)

13: I want my team from me2 back! It is beyond me why they aren't on the ship even when you meet them... what was the point of doing all those loyalty missions?

Probably there are many more things I've omitted but as I was progressing with writing more and more and more things that annoy me I was becoming increasingly angry with how bioware went and did this. It's not about the money I've spent on the game it's never been about that. It's about me(us) having closure and satisfaction when completing this -up to this point- awesome series. I wanted to remember the series as something awesome and to keep coming back to it again and again because it was fun and I enjoyed it but right now I don't even feel like looking at any of the games from the ME franchise since I know how it ultimately ends - in utter dissapointment.

/end rant

It is now official. Casey (the prick) Hudson has announced that they are sticking with the endings.

Well that was to be expected, most of the other programers must be affected to other projects by now, be it scheduled DLC or brand new projects... Voice actors cost a lot too and may have other assignment...

Also if they accept it, it will become granted for the fan that they can change anything they wont like in the game when applying pressure... I'm not at the ending yet but from what I heard it's real bad (by the way thanks a lot to you all for not spoiling, I appreciate that).

Anyway, it would become like modding... Modding was a nice bonus granted by the devs before and it became a requirement in the mind of most pc gamers... But changing such an important part of the game would have far too much implication... Especially if it's taken as granted by the community...

Well that was to be expected' date=' most of the other programers must be affected to other projects by now, be it scheduled DLC or brand new projects... Voice actors cost a lot too and may have other assignment...

Also if they accept it, it will become granted for the fan that they can change anything they wont like in the game when applying pressure... I'm not at the ending yet but from what I heard it's real bad (by the way thanks a lot to you all for not spoiling, I appreciate that).

Anyway, it would become like modding... Modding was a nice bonus granted by the devs before and it became a requirement in the mind of most pc gamers... But changing such an important part of the game would have far too much implication... Especially if it's taken as granted by the community...

[/quote']

Well, if you haven't reached the end then you are still having fun. I know, even despite all of the "dumbing down" I was still having a great time playing ME3, as a lot of stuff is head cannon anyway. I was thinking the end would be very similar to ME2. No words can describe what did happen. Personally, I am not sure that I could keep myself from monkey stomping Hudson or Mac's head into the ground if I met them in person, for this travesty.

Who knows, you may be one of the few that like the end. Personally I was looking to go out in a blaze of glory and even die if necessary. Sadly the end gives no closure.

I have been a bioware fan from the very start after playing Baldurs Gate I was hooked.

BG wasn't Black Isle doing?

No, Black Isle had nothing to do with the development of the BG series. They were only the publisher of the game, Bioware was the developer.

Back on topic Amazon is living up there excellence, they are giving full refunds for opened copies of Msss Effect 3 that were purchased through Amazon.

It might not sound like a big thing but when you stop to think, each of those opened box copies that are returned will be sent back to EA who will have to credit or reimburse the retailer

I have been a bioware fan from the very start after playing Baldurs Gate I was hooked.

BG wasn't Black Isle doing?

No' date=' Black Isle had nothing to do with the development of the BG series. They were only the publisher of the game, Bioware did all of the work

[/quote']

I was pretty sure that Interplay was publisher. Ok nv i saw who was lead developer ;)

NINJA EDIT

After talking with a friend who is another long time Bioware fan I am now left thinking "Did I simply expect to much from Mass Effect 3?"

The Bioware I came know with Shattered Steel, Baldurs Gate, NWN, KOTR and of course Mass Effect no longer exists. It is not simply that EA purchased Bioware, to many of the old guard that made Bioware special to begin with have left it's employ either during the course of the EA take over or shortly after.

There replacements are a new breed, willing to cut far more corners, settle for sub par vrs excellence and they have demonstrated this over the last 4 - 5 years.

So is it simply unfair to hold Bioware to the previous level of quality that long time fans like myself have come to expect from them?

I loved how the intro of ME3 was based on some ME2 DLC' date=' I was like "what the hell are they talking about?"

[/quote']

So this is the same for everybody? I wasn't sure about those who skipped it.

I feel torn here, no, ripped in half, actually. On the one hand, there was a DLC for ME2 that I liked, even loved, and that was LotS. Just by itself, this DLC with Liara and the Shadow Broker was perhaps one of my best gaming experiences, so awesome in so many ways (probably not though if you didn't have Liara as a LI). On the other hand, the DLC you're referring to, of which it's name has been wiped from my memory, had me pissed off like many are with the ending to ME3. My Shep would not had killed all those Batarians just before a Reaper invasion just to give the rest of the galaxy more time to sit on their thumbs with their heads in the sand. It was beyond stupid to kill/murder thousands of possible allies and call them collateral damage just to buy more time, to do what? Not one Reaper was even killed.

I was hoping BioWare would just act like that DLC didn't happen unless players specifically played it. Not the case? All versions of Shep did that? WTF?

That was also the DLC which showed that destroying a mass relay wipes out the entire system in a massive explosion. Thus, destroying them all in ME3 would had destroyed every star system with a mass relay.

NINJA EDIT

After talking with a friend who is another long time Bioware fan I am now left thinking "Did I simply expect to much from Mass Effect 3?"

The Bioware I came know with Shattered Steel' date=' Baldurs Gate, NWN, KOTR and of course Mass Effect no longer exists. It is not simply that EA purchased Bioware, to many of the old guard that made Bioware special to begin with have left it's employ either during the course of the EA take over or shortly after.

There replacements are a new breed, willing to cut far more corners, settle for sub par vrs excellence and they have demonstrated this over the last 4 - 5 years.

So is it simply unfair to hold Bioware to the previous level of quality that long time fans like myself have come to expect from them?

[/quote']

No, I don't think it was unfair one little bit. Old guard, new blood, bums off the street, who they were is irrelevant. There were two games of lore to pull from. This conclusion need not have been a reinventing of the wheel but rather the final slope that you rolled down. I think I saw a hitler mockery vid that said something like "pegions shitting randomly on keyboards could have done better".

Truth be told this game actually would have worked and been a solid lock on GOTY had they just stuck to the same type of endings as 1 & 2. Would they have been innovative and "new"? Of course not, but they would have sold a butt load of games and had no problem pumping out overpriced DLC for a year or more.

As it sits they may not sell jack shit for dlc. I truly hope no one caves until they fix the ending. I would be content if they:

[spoiler=***Spoiler Alert****]

just stopped the game with you and Anderson sitting on the bridge looking down on earth, the signal goes out and the reapers fall and the soldiers cheer...........roll credits (and cut out that F'ing old man and kid and the half breath scene). That would allow folks the head cannon they want and avoid all the "yo dog I have synthetics wipe out organics so you won't invent synthetics that wipe out organics BS." My brain hurts every time I hear that nonsense!!!

No' date=' I don't think it was unfair one little bit. Old guard, new blood, bums off the street, who they were is irrelevant. There were two games of lore to pull from. This conclusion need not have been a reinventing of the wheel but rather the final slope that you rolled down. I think I saw a hitler mockery vid that said something like "pegions shitting randomly on keyboards could have done better".

Truth be told this game actually would have worked and been a solid lock on GOTY had they just stuck to the same type of endings as 1 & 2. Would they have been innovative and "new"? Of course not, but they would have sold a butt load of games and had no problem pumping out overpriced DLC for a year or more.

As it sits they may not sell jack shit for dlc. I truly hope no one caves until they fix the ending. I would be content if they:

[/quote']

From reading dev comments, it sounds like they intend to focus mostly on multi player DLC. I do not predict much of anything else in the way of DLC concerning ME3. To be honest I do not think an ending DLC is really the answer, this is something that needs to be included in a patch so that EA/Bioware cannot easily ignore our choices again

As for myself I cannot stomach the idea of buying DLC for this, only to end the game on it's current note. There's no point to it since there will be no end game satisfaction. Not only concerning my character but the fortunes of those character's I came to know and care about such as jack, wrex, grunt, zaeed and those of my crew who I did not take with me.

From reading dev comments' date=' it sounds like they intend to focus mostly on multi player DLC. I do not predict much of anything else in the way of DLC concerning ME3. To be honest I do not think an ending DLC is really the answer, this is something that needs to be included in a patch so that EA/Bioware cannot easily ignore our choices again

As for myself I cannot stomach the idea of buying DLC for this, only to end the game on it's current note. There's no point to it since there will be no end game satisfaction. Not only concerning my character but the fortunes of those character's I came to know and care about such as jack, wrex, grunt, zaeed and those of my crew who I did not take with me.

[/quote']

I would agree, that if the dev's gave a crap about the series and fans they would need to redo the entire ending. Call it a patch or optional dlc patch or whatever. Those that like the current end are happy and those who throw up a little in their mouths at it are fixed with a new ending. I would not pay for this new "patch" as I think it is owed based on promises they made.

I think Multi-player is indeed going to be the future focus of the franchise and will trend towards an MMO. I understand EA wanting to make every dollar they can but I don't understand why they can't leave a few offerings for us single player guys. I don't give two craps about multi-player and likely never will.

There will likely be at least one if not two single player mission DLC's. The obvious one being retaking the Omega station. They set this one up and made it quite obvious.

Either way doesn't matter a damn to me until they fix the end. I am currently working on editing the bink movie files to wipe out the joker nonsense but I lack the tools and skills needed to cut out the god/kid/ai and other ending BS. It is possible to crack open the files but repacking them so the game will use them is still not possible.

Archived