problem with nexus?

@prideslayer

@EvenstarGW

I find that both of you are the ones abusing Surenas.

Only in psychological self defense.

If she wants to speak plainly without pretense, abuse of metaphors, and thinly veiled implications, things would go much more smoothly. If she just wants to play word soup, then any attempt at a meaningful conversation is pointless -- so all that's left is for me to entertain myself.

Guest GingerTom

prideslayer quote: 'If she wants to speak plainly...' I see--so she may speak so long as her words are plain. Interesting.

I wonder if you and I have met before on another forum. On that forum when I asked a gentelman a question his reply was that I may speak to him when I had as many posts as he did.

It's called snobbery.

prideslayer quote: 'If she wants to speak plainly...' I see--so she may speak so long as her words are plain. Interesting.

I wonder if you and I have met before on another forum. On that forum when I asked a gentelman a question his reply was that I may speak to him when I had as many posts as he did.

It's called snobbery.

I don't care how many posts anyone has or how long they've been posting or lurking, though she does put a lot of stock in it. How many times has she mentioned how long she's been there, and that the only reason you can disagree is if you haven't been there as long?

When people have a conversation, the point is for them to exchange ideas, maybe even come to a consensus, in a common language with a common vocabulary.

When you purposefully obfuscate your speech to try and sound clever, or witty, or for whatever reason, you are no longer participating in a conversation, you're just being a self-serving self-absorbed twit.

*facepalm* Please... gentlemen, ladies. Fighting here makes us all look like the kinds of people who do deserve the banhammer. Weren't we discussing the unfair practices over at the Nexus?

I must give massive kudos to the admins/moderators here who haven't shut this thread down yet.

The right (read: effective) courses of action are either to fight them from the "inside" -- become a mod and try to work to change the system, or to create a replacement that has the features people need with rules applied in a consistent fashion and grow it organically.

Simply 'boycotting' the site isn't going to work. Most of the modders there don't care about the abuse, and most of the players wouldn't care if they did.

I've said my piece more than once. I'll just unsubscribe now so the temptation to call people doing yoda impressions to the carpet is removed; self control in the face of such behavior is obviously not one of my strong points. ;)

TTFN, see y'all in the more constructive threads.

Kicked off a forum for trolling = virtual death squad.

No' date=' you're smoking something much stronger.

[/quote']

Nice try but Queen Anne is dead

[video=youtube]

Umm, for something completely different: Do you know what pisses me off about the nexus? A problem that has persisted for the longest time?

Going to "Files" and clicking on "top 100" takes you to the "Top 25 in the past 2 weeks." Not the actual top 100 of all time. That's just bad form!

Enough. Just bury the hatchet between you two.

The main problem I see with the Nexus sites is that it almost feels like political correctness gone mad. You have to go out of your way to make sure you don't offend anyone with your posts or profile content, and it just strikes me as plain silly.

Basically, the folks there need to loosen up a bit, then maybe the atmosphere won't feel quite as tense.

The key to the offense problem is founded in the offical invitation to the people to feel offended, i.e. to push the button, whenever all its Greek to them and/or not in line with the offical opinion. You'll get a preemptive strike and the corrupted reasoning follows with some delay. The strike as such is baw beyond any doubt, one has to convince the striker of the opposite first. If you criticize the strike by good reasons in public you'll get strike number 2 for not having accepted that strike number 1 is indeed beyond any doubt and the official striker not to be criticized in public. The third strike you'll get almost for free (or nothing, sometimes even a fake, if you prefer that) and then you are member 1,5 mio and something of the banned faction. Congratz.

It is the system that makes the people over-nervous. If you don't push the button somebody else will do the job. To pan others, to prove loyalty in this strange way, is one of the means of choice in the survival for many over there.

I wouldn't say I'm trying to get banned, would I? No, it's more like I'm just not avoiding it. I've had two of my threads locked now and just got my first warning today for trolling on another thread:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/588487-why-do-i-have-more-unique-downloads-than-total-downloads/page__gopid__4738329#entry4738329

I'm pretty sure my last response just now won't go over well.

They just don't appreciate my humor.

Guest GingerTom

thesapien quote: '...just got my first warning today for trolling on another thread...they just don't appreciate my humor.'

Didn't you know that you're not allowed to have fun over there? Humour and (thanks Henfruit23) political correctness don't mix. Neither do humour and dictatorships. (Stupid spelling.)

Well, as I said, three-strikes and zero-tolerance policies fail because they don't distinguish between repeat offenders and people who are just flat-out having a bad day or a sudden lapse in judgement. Heck, posting restrictions or download restrictions would probably be a better punishment, and allow the person to cool down if they're not just there to piss people off.

Punishment is no particularly democratic behaviour, talking to "black sheep" is.

This requires the ability and willingness to talk before other steps are to be taken. The official has to be cooled down himself and not in the heat of passion. Unfortunately the existing staff was never sufficiently skilled in non-violent conflict solutions, especially because in the political world of today such skills are considered as an unwelcome weakness, they don't prove strenght anymore. Consequently the staff shoots in Wild West fashion first and argues later. The facts are created quickly and only this counts in social systems (where people get together) that favor the quick use of force over time-consuming talks to come to a conflict solution in self-interest.

NB I don't argue about the to be expected sad fate of people that talk freely over there anymore. You know their martial rules of the game now - act accordingly. You've got two options. Make your choice.

On the staff of the Nexus

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

[Ernest Hemingway]

On the members of the Nexus

When you're wounded and left on the Nexus' plains,

And the vultures come out to cut up what remains,

Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains

An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

[acc. to Rudyard Kipling]

thesapien quote: '...just got my first warning today for trolling on another thread...they just don't appreciate my humor.'

Didn't you know that you're not allowed to have fun over there? Humour and (thanks Henfruit23) political correctness don't mix. Neither do humour and dictatorships. (Stupid spelling.)

It's like an island of kids, with the oldest kids pretending to be adults. Except real mature adults don't act that way, else lots of bad things come to pass.

So I did get banned, after all.

All in one thread, first warned for trolling. Then dinged for being immature. Finally, banned for trying to get the last word, though on another list of the banned it says I was being condescending, too. Funny, right after, one of the staff popped in for the last word without getting banned. I didn't know a reply was considered getting the last word. No matter, in all seriousness, it is very clear why I got banned. I said something right. On the Nexus, you can get by without saying anything wrong. But as you soon as you say something right...

Guest GingerTom

@thesapien

That's exactly how it works over there: 1,2,3 before you even know what hit you. That's not 3 strikes--that's gangrape. (And they look down at us for playing it--while they do it for real.)

PS: Before anyone decides to jump on my line about 'gangrape'--they rape your mind.

Apparently the author of Better Standing Animations just got banned because he told people to search for Vindictus Mod Collection on Google when someone asked him about the armor he used in screenshots..

Oh well' date=' what else can we expect from the Nexus

[/quote']

So desu, ne.

I just tried the google search and the top result brought me right back to LoversLab. So I think we all know why. Still, remarkable that they so quickly ban someone whose mod is in the top hot files. It's still up there, right now, on their featuring hot files page! LOL, but you click on it and, oops! Like just last week, this happened with another top file, the armored sabre cat mount, which had an issue with the parlor school of thought.