problem with nexus?

Guest GingerTom
thesapien: Funny, isn't LoversLab growing? Maybe it's because I'm new here, but this party looks to be just getting started.

Yes it is--and that's because you are actually allowed to say something on this site. (Although it does get a little excessive with the name-calling. For example: I called someone a 'liar'--which was true but they called me a 'coward' which was just amusing.) :D (Which reminds me: They never got back to me with a link to prove I was wrong.)

thesapien: Funny' date=' isn't LoversLab growing? Maybe it's because I'm new here, but this party looks to be just getting started. [/quote']

Yes it is--and that's because you are actually allowed to say something on this site. (Although it does get a little excessive with the name-calling. For example: I called someone a 'liar'--which was true but they called me a 'coward' which was just amusing.) :D (Which reminds me: They never got back to me with a link to prove I was wrong.)

Me thinks it's because Liars don't think it terms of Truth. Selective memory and a focus on image makes truth nothing more than something to be voted on. To them, truth is just something to tack on to revisions on the back page of next week's news if it's still covering last week's forgotten fumble.

And calling you a coward doesn't have to be true so long as enough people believe it. A response to your challenge would only give the idea of you not being a coward too much air time. Better to move to the next fabrication and keep us busy with our preoccupation with Truth.

Guest GingerTom
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

--Joseph Goebbels

Or was that TesNexus? :D

The lie that still hides itself in a fortified facility is already sentenced in absentia.

Already soon we'll see the first official that tries to flee from the Mod Berlinale...

To him I call out: Cum to Mama - meet yer fate, hun! And take it like a man!

The hunt osterhase8nuj.gif is on!

Am I the only one getting tired of every mod in existence getting reuploaded with only a translation, filling up the "latest files" list over there? For some reason I just get pissed off when I see "blahblahblahmod TRADUZIONE ITALIANA" in bigass letters on the top of the list. And they're apparently allowed to get away with it, because it's just a translation. By that rule I should be able to just translate every mod into "bad scottish accent" and have no chance of it getting taken down. One plan I have is, once I do my Shin Megami Tensei spells mod, to absolutely, no exceptions, forbid translations of any mods I make, unless the author first asks me, then sends me a copy of what every single bit of text will be translated to so I can go over it myself, and even then the plan will be to have it uploaded on the same page as my mod, with credit given to the translator in both the readme and the description. Maybe written/typed Italian just pisses me off...

Ah, sorry, what were you saying Metal...gi. Oh, right, back on topic.

Uhm, anytime you start a sentence with "Am I the only one..." it is best to presume the opposite. Of course, you meant for it to be rhetorical and really as a call out to similar minds, right? To answer your call, you only need read back a few posts. Of course, you read that already and thinking, no, it's not dead yet. Let's kill it dead, for sure. Okay, I'm with you.

Guest GingerTom

Holy Crap!!! By going through 'modsreloaded' I picked up this info on 'Skyrim Forge'--I didn't know this.

Quote from giskarduk:

...plus if you look for that tiny graph icon in the corner of nexus pages, and click on it, you will notice nexus is broadcasting the ip addresses of all its current users. Darkone was told about that over a year ago and just does not care.

So its not exactly a safe place to be if your ip is available in real time to any hacker wanting to see how good your firewall is.

And it is true. Lower right-hand of the page 'extreme tracker'. :@

Holy Crap!!! By going through 'modsreloaded' I picked up this info on 'Skyrim Forge'--I didn't know this.

Quote from giskarduk:

...plus if you look for that tiny graph icon in the corner of nexus pages' date=' and click on it, you will notice nexus is broadcasting the ip addresses of all its current users. Darkone was told about that over a year ago and just does not care.

So its not exactly a safe place to be if your ip is available in real time to any hacker wanting to see how good your firewall is. [/quote']

And it is true. Lower right-hand of the page 'extreme tracker'. :@

I saw that. It makes no sense why he wouldn't just get another tracker. Even if he's doing it to be a cheap bastard, there are tons of free trackers to choose from and even the extreme tracker probably has a private mode. The only reason I can figure that he leaves it is either a status trophy to show how "incredible" the traffic is, or as a gimmick to get advertisers salivating.

Did anyone click on the Extreme Tracker, then explore what it has to offer? Non-paying customers can click on an IP and get further details on country and city, browser and operating system, if javascript is enabled... I mean, I just did this and felt like I was spying on people, like seeing that somebody in Korea just came from the cafenaver website.

Are ye forced to dwell there like a dumb meerkat? Do ye still believe ye could cause a change from inside?

Those guys live in another reality. To convince them from the opposite you have to give them a whipping first.

This is the only rough tongue they'll ever understand, cos this is the rough tongue that talks to ye over there...

Radio Cockroach-Free osterhase8nuj.gif Wasteland on 88.3 MHz

Did anyone click on the Extreme Tracker' date=' then explore what it has to offer? Non-paying customers can click on an IP and get further details on country and city, browser and operating system, if javascript is enabled... I mean, I just did this and felt like I was spying on people, like seeing that somebody in Korea just came from the cafenaver website.

[/quote']Most trackers do that, thesapien. I used to use one called SiteMeter that showed me IP addresses as well as referring urls, countries, and all that jazz - it even showed me screen resolution, operating system and browser used - and that was the free version. I guarantee that the LoversLab staff can see our IPs (or at least the admin can). The issue here is keeping such information private. It's my opinion that if one operates a website it's that person's duty to keep a lid on that info. Even if making it public wasn't unethical, I'd think the webmaster would open himself up for liabilities in case someone's IP information was used for nefarious purposes.

Get the impression as if a few hundred thousand young people more have to end up hung on a virtual tree with a Nazi sign around their neck “Traitor to the Nexus”, before one bothers to take action, to say nothing of Valve. Keep in mind that the hanging goes on unrelieved while one speculates on trivial stuff that has absolutely no impact on the fate of the members over there that still believe in the freedom of speech the parents and teachers have frequently talked about.

Radio Cockroach-Free osterhase8nuj.gif Wasteland on 88.3 MHz

Another nail for the coffin in which hapless members' trust and gullibility is trapped. The UnbrightOne can't possibly deny a connection between the IP tracking and that 'Nexus hacked' incident! It seems he just doesn't care about his site's security issues as long as sweet profits keep on coming around. In fact, said profits only become possible because of these issues, considering the importance of the tracking for the site's advertising value. And any lawsuit in case of misuse of the collected data would probably be smothered by an army of slick & sly lawyers.

Guest GingerTom
PT The Comic Freak: The UnbrightOne can't possibly deny a connection between the IP tracking and that 'Nexus hacked' incident! It seems he just doesn't care about his site's security issues as long as sweet profits keep on coming around.

That's the first thing I thought of--the hack. :-/

Nexus really attracts the worst sort.

Viperslayer, when confronted with the fact that he was directing people to his own site for the most recent information on his Bleach mod, and basically just using Nexus as a way to get more views of the thing(Which has way too much ambition with way too little to show for it, I might add), said:

"Yea well nexus sucks and it's always down. So if its a slap to the face its a slap to the face. Have the site get its shit together first and then tell me about directing people to my site so they don't worry about MySQL errors every day. Real shit."

Now, that's true and all, but to say that /on Nexus/ is pretty godamn stupid. I reported the jerk, partially because of that but also because he had the nerve to downvote the comment I made confronting him with this fact by 100, as file authors can on their mod threads, while /also/ upvoting a guy that white-knighted him, again by 100. The worst sort, for sure.

Putting the link down here so you have a bit of context up there ^ first. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2365