problem with nexus?

Oh, a lovely message I got from "bben46".

I asked for proof as to how an Assassin's Creed armor mod was a rip in the comments thread for the mod, shortly before the file was removed and the status set to hidden

"If you overlay the mesh from the original over the mesh from that so called mod, they are an exact match.

If you put the texture from the original beside the rip, it is an exact match

Not even a professional graphics designer can make an exact match of the meshes and textures without ripping them.

Ripping off (that's why it's called a 'rip') someone elses work is not making a mod, it is taking credit for someone elses hard work - also known as copyright infringement.

There are probably some legal versions of that outfit available, if not, learn to mod and make one. "

Seriously, learn to mod and make one? I've already made a few mods for New Vegas, so I dunno if he's just being ignorant or an ass. Also, so-called mod? No, it's a mod. End of discussion. It has an esp file and meshes/textures. MOD. Also, hope Nexus staff doesn't get any bright ideas if/when they see this. loverslab is actually filtered out from being mentioned on Nexus anyway, so their staff should leave this place alone and not try to use it to fish for reasons to ban people. ;)

Actually, while a little disparaging, I've seen worse responses. But...

point of order!

....(quoting bben46 of Nexus)....

Ripping off (that's why it's called a 'rip') someone elses work is not making a mod' date=' it is taking credit for someone elses hard work - also known as copyright infringement.

[/quote']

No actually. Only a court decides if something is actual copyright infringement, assuming there is copyright. If it were my board, I'd make it clear he should say 'possible' infringement. Otherwise, he's admitting they hosted infringing material, (at one point) and that's a dangerous admission, even if they are now removed. I'd tell a subordinate of mine to be much more careful!

Seems there needs to be a little more professionalism and ability to grasp consequences. Perhaps they should recruit people who are much older in years or spirit?

When I remove suspected copyrighted material from one of our many websites, we are very careful not to admit liability.

They've their watchdogs here as well as the others have their cells there. This is a team play, a game of cat-and-mouse, a game the cornered mouse can hardly win, finally.

What you had to experience, the arrogance of laymen in power, well, that's the result of an inability to convince in talks without bashing. Did you expect something else?

Don't talk to overcharged gunmen, you might find it fatal!

That line of safe return is everything but static, it's utmost flexible "apewards" once you are identified as "different" by the organisation. At that point auxiliaries come into play, always offended by what you are doing or saying - the hunt is on... you might as well be dead already.

Edit:

We all had to regard with horror the vultures celebrating mutilations of the banned there, Eiries. Those sickos that did that and loved it will pay the prize for their deeds outside of the system that supports such brutality. Not everyone interested in TES mods is a powerless child without public influence and goes for a public horror show.

Nexus? The very thought fills me with nausea. Ugh, yuck!

Well I've been using the Nexus for a while now and I seriously don't have a problem with it. I do like this site for it's adult content and what not but the problem is there is just not enough mods and modders as the nexus has. When it comes to adult content and illegal porting loverslab is obviously ahead which is why I like this site but other mods such as quest and adventures the nexus has more.

Anyway I use both Nexus and Loverslab and I Love both.

Btw I find it kinda funny how if you type Loverslab it automatically gets filtered out.

We were not even 2.500 people of the Morrowind Fan Forum,, mostly insiders working as freelancers for game studios or as beta-testers for upcoming games, when the revolutionary thing called the Nexus aired on in early 2003. Though in the retrospective I've to give credits to Georg Büchner (1813–1837) who stated:

Revolution is like Saturn, it devours its own children!

And Gorge Orwell's Animal Farm crosses my mind. Napoleon is always right! The farm is his, his, his and his alone. And he has made the revolution of old alone as well... ask the savage dogs that surround him...

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

I don't want to be rude or anything but I have had a problem with them for awhile and the other night I pretty much said screw it. Apparently giving constructive criticism is a bad thing and can get you trolled, harassed and almost banned. The modder asked for it on their description of their new water mod thingy, so I thought I was being honest. Next thing I know I'm being harassed by children who are upset that I said something against someone I don't know in a positive light that tried to outline what I found wrong. I didn't think I was being mean but it didn't matter in the least. I didn't know what to do so I finally just broke down and apologized and even then was put down and subjected to being trolled more so for being nice about it. I have a seriously bad anxiety problem and it's pathetic I know but even conflicts online with total strangers I will never meet actually upsets me a lot. Especially if I feel I have hurt their feelings when I wouldn't mean to. This is grounds for being made fun of on a regular basis, I'm used to it honestly. But I finally found myself being labeled as a troll and flamer (I don't think I'm saying that right... I mean people that start flame wars or whatever they are called..?) and was almost booted. FOR APOLOGIZING in a private message! Yeah, I'm pretty much done. Although I got a very nice PM from the person who made Estrus about a day ago, that was nice and made my day.

Also I wanna add this specifically. Because of people like gregathit, since I first arrived I have felt very comfortable here which is saying a LOT for me anyways. He has been so sweet and patient with my inane questions and helped me a lot. I've been with Nexus for years and never had that type of help. I've already come in contact with at least three people I can honestly say I think are sweet and it's corny but it means a lot to me.

Yeah, the lab is a really nice place. I love it here. There are some nice folks on Nexus, but the actions of the moderators and kids that lurk every corner over there tend to overshadow the good folks. I get that DarkOne and his staff have a lot of problems with trolls and flamebaiting, but they really go overboard on innocent people, to the point where it seems that unless you personally know them, you're guilty until proven innocent, especially if you haven't uploaded multiple FOTM-winning mods.

a lot of people here seem to be angry/hateful of nexus. I just want to know why? I use nexus for most of my mods' date=' since it has the most widdest collection and the best overview. what has nexus done that causes so much angry emotions here?

[/quote']

Right, so this is a rather old topic. But the reason I hate Nexus is simply because I don't think the rules are very... how do I put it? Fair? Good? Understandable?

If you say something like "I don't like the mod," people go apeshit and de-rep you. In turn, the mods scold you (sometimes even give you a strike, depending on the time of the month).

The restrictions on mods are very stupid. Mods that involve a lot of other games immediately get taken down, and you get banned (or close to it). Look at this site, I've only been here a few days but we post everything from nude lolis and sex mods to game->game imports and I think we're a lot better than Nexus as a whole community. We understand what "adult" and "non-adult" means, we help everyone out, we follow the basic rules that we do have here, and as far as I can tell, we're all friendly towards eachother.

Strict rules that Nexus holds so very (idiotically) dear aren't needed, and just encourage trolling on their part.

But, I am grateful they're (Nexus, I mean) there. I suppose I wouldn't have half the mods I do without them, I just wish their moderators would get their keyboards out of their asses and loosen up a bit.

The best way to categorize most of the moderators there is Lawful Stupid. They follow the rules and only the rules, seemingly without an ounce of common sense to guide them. I've read the ban reports. Some make a little bit of sense, others come out of left field and make my brain break entirely. That is why I try to keep silent most of the time unless I gush over a good dungeon crawl mod.

In the crunch mode of the confrontation we've communicated by this very reason exclusively via standard Outlook and alike, totally offline from the Nexus and its PM system cos even the mails sent from within the Nexus get logged by default and analyzed whenever the paranoid brotherhood thinks of you as being suspect. Read the fine print. In real life you'll find such a violability of the mail exclusively in terror states.

If we only would have seen this coming in the crystal balls of 2002 - you wouldn't be there today cos there were no Nexus at all and no such nasty problems to stumble over..

Guilty. We are guilty for not having seen the truly dark character of the Dark One when he was just a little noobish boy interested in RPGs that still needed us for his guidance. I'm sorry, oh, I really am, but in those days I'd been a little girl myself without any experience in life. Those that had enough experience like Rhedd (perhaps you remember his professional heads for Morrowind) have left us already in 2003 without giving us young folk any advice on how to handle the upcoming madness. When the administrators called Buddah and LHammonds approached as noobs from outside in 2005/2006 the whole idea of the Nexus got perverted, but we didn't understand. Should take us some years more to catch it. But then it was already too late to change anything. The following uprising by the elders was just an attempt not to lose the self-respect in a quiet exodus.

We'd never go back and they'd never welcome us again. There is nothing but scorched earth between us. The internet isn't big enough for both of us, knowing this goes both ways. The devil has the last laugh - and that guy is my lover... ^^

So after reading this thread, I headed over to Nexus and asked,

Do Nexus Admins read PM's between members?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/582647-do-nexus-admins-read-pms-between-members/

I got a few responses from staff/admin and wanted to share.

It was via a PM on the Nexus that I discovered LoversLab. I didn't realize at the time that by asking someone to PM me about a forbidden site might get them into trouble.

Anyway, it's relief to read this thread and know that there are many others who can see what is wrong with those running the Nexus!

I know I've been very vocal in this thread, and if any here are upset or offended I'm sorry. I've reached a boiling point there and it annoys me that there aren't many alternatives. It's hard to bite my tongue and not post anything but niceties on upload threads and stay out of the forums.

For the record, I'm not a raging banned member. I've never received so much as a strike over there. I'm just disgusted at the way things have gone down the drain over the last several years. I'm sure that Nexus admins are or will stalk us over here, and I hope they realize that they've sown paranoia and negative feelings in many of their longtime members, which is why many of us are taking our mods elsewhere.