Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

karlpaws.... you're right, and I see your thinking.....I think.... but if I tell Apropos to use my customized "Loving" theme..... then it would use that for all encounters.... even between other NPCs.

What I'm looking for is probably a way to OVER RIDE the chosen theme. Lets say I have a general Theme used for everyone. Let's say it's called "General".......and Apropos uses that theme to describe everything because I've put a complete set of descriptions in it.

Now I have another Theme called "MyLovers".

It contains a complete set of descriptions as well, but these are edited to be more like what lovers would say. Or the descriptions are more like what lovers would use to describe their action together.

Maybe we have a lesser power (like a shout) that puts our lover into a special "MyLovers" faction or list.

When a sex act starts and Apropos prepares to describe it, a quick check is done of the participants. Are they both in this "MyLovers" list?

If yes....use the Theme called MyLovers

If No...use the default Theme (General in this case)

It's just a thought as I've been doing a lot of customizing for specific NPCs.... like... editing the dialogue of JUGs, just for M'Rissi... and now realizing I'll probably write an entirely new mod to handle specific NPCs and relationships. It would be nice if Apropos could play along :)

How about using RelationshipRank? It already has a "lover" rank and it's already built into the game and supported.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Disposition

karlpaws.... you're right, and I see your thinking.....I think.... but if I tell Apropos to use my customized "Loving" theme..... then it would use that for all encounters.... even between other NPCs.

What I'm looking for is probably a way to OVER RIDE the chosen theme. Lets say I have a general Theme used for everyone. Let's say it's called "General".......and Apropos uses that theme to describe everything because I've put a complete set of descriptions in it.

It contains a complete set of descriptions as well, but these are edited to be more like what lovers would say. Or the descriptions are more like what lovers would use to describe their action together.

Maybe we have a lesser power (like a shout) that puts our lover into a special "MyLovers" faction or list.

When a sex act starts and Apropos prepares to describe it, a quick check is done of the participants. Are they both in this "MyLovers" list?

It's just a thought as I've been doing a lot of customizing for specific NPCs.... like... editing the dialogue of JUGs, just for M'Rissi... and now realizing I'll probably write an entirely new mod to handle specific NPCs and relationships. It would be nice if Apropos could play along :)

How about using RelationshipRank? It already has a "lover" rank and it's already built into the game and supported.

Perfect!

See?

Maybe as an option, Apropos could use RelationshipRank to determine what theme to apply. That would be cool as hell.

Here's a crazy thought- what if there were a way to switch themes in game, via MCM?  Thus, if dallying with the spouse or a beloved, you'd just pop open MCM, select "Loving", maybe run the update button, and away you go! When you've zipped up, and are heading out into the big bad dangerous Skyrim, you pop open MCM and switch to "Hardcore" or "BDSM" and you're ready to rock! Personally, I'd LOVE this sort of a feature.

And I'd love it even more if it could recognize custom themes. I'd love to have separate themes for say, Thalmor rape, Bandit rape, Guard rape, or even just two, one for gritty street thug types of assault, and one for more dark and powerful sorts.

So, in one, stage1 might read, "({ACTIVE}) grabs you by the hair and kicks your legs, knocking you to your knees. 'Open wide, bitch,' he snarls."

In the other, the same stage might offer, "({ACTIVE}) 'You will kneel in my presence, whore. Or you will be whipped until you cannot stand.'"

Sorry- I think I drooled a little at the end there. XD

Perfect!

See?

Maybe as an option, Apropos could use RelationshipRank to determine what theme to apply. That would be cool as hell.

Acknowledged.

Not sure I'm in favor of it, over what I have already been working on though, in terms of Apropos Track and Apropos Trend - which would be able to, over time, determine a similar thing to "lover" rank.

Acknowledged.

Not sure I'm in favor of it, over what I have already been working on though, in terms of Apropos Track and Apropos Trend - which would be able to, over time, determine a similar thing to "lover" rank.

Relationshiprank already exists and is supported (sometimes abused) by all sorts of mods though. You wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel using it and it has a lot of ranks, not just lover.

• 4 weeks later...

I never bothered too much with adding some custom descriptions, but i thought it would be nice now... is there something like a collection of custom descriptions where i can download them or do i have to check all 50 pages? 

Any recommendations maybe?

You won't find much in this thread that hasn't already been integrated into the Official DB that comes with Apropos, only exceptions I can think of are Zoranus' descriptions for a couple of Unique Animations (which I was surprised to find aren't in the OfficalDB) and 2dr0b's 3PP Rewrite.

I never bothered too much with adding some custom descriptions, but i thought it would be nice now... is there something like a collection of custom descriptions where i can download them or do i have to check all 50 pages? 

Any recommendations maybe?

You won't find much in this thread that hasn't already been integrated into the Official DB that comes with Apropos, only exceptions I can think of are Zoranus' descriptions for a couple of Unique Animations (which I was surprised to find aren't in the OfficalDB) and 2dr0b's 3PP Rewrite.

Thanks for explanation and links. :)

• 2 weeks later...

already been integrated into the Official DB that comes with Apropos

Wait "already" as in for classic? (Searched - couldn't find) or do you mean will be integrated for the upcoming release? I used to have Apropos and iirc it had like 10 aggressive and 2 loving descriptions.  After, say, 500 SL encounters (which happens very soon in a typical run for me) it becomes very repetitive - which is why I uninstalled it and am following the new version on and off.

Apropos is one of the rare occasions where I'd say sheer quantity (of writing) trumps quality in terms of importance by some distance - IMHO at least.

Cheers

Wait "already" as in for classic? (Searched - couldn't find) or do you mean will be integrated for the upcoming release? I used to have Apropos and iirc it had like 10 aggressive and 2 loving descriptions.  After, say, 500 SL encounters (which happens very soon in a typical run for me) it becomes very repetitive - which is why I uninstalled it and am following the new version on and off.

Apropos is one of the rare occasions where I'd say sheer quantity (of writing) trumps quality in terms of importance by some distance - IMHO at least.

Cheers

Yeah, I'm talking about the current release of Apropos Classic. It's currently got over 50,000 lines of descriptions, so you shouldn't really be hurting for diversity running it. You may see some repetition replaying unique animations or in some of the creature descriptions, but the FemalexMale files are the largest in the database: FM_Anal has 200 unique first person lines, and FM_Vaginal has 430.

Cheers

Yeah, I'm talking about the current release of Apropos Classic. It's currently got over 50,000 lines of descriptions, so you shouldn't really be hurting for diversity running it. You may see some repetition replaying unique animations or in some of the creature descriptions, but the FemalexMale files are the largest in the database: FM_Anal has 200 unique first person lines, and FM_Vaginal has 430.

OK cool. From your description (and due to the version I uninstalled being fairly recent) I suspect that the vast majority of the lines are for Female PC first person, and those for Male PC on females far less, yes? :(

OK cool. From your description (and due to the version I uninstalled being fairly recent) I suspect that the vast majority of the lines are for Female PC first person, and those for Male PC on females far less, yes? :(

Right, that makes sense. Yes, I'm afraid the male perspective is very lacking in comparison, especially in first person. Apropos only has partial support for male PCs, and there's been less drive in general to write male perspective lines.

Right, that makes sense. Yes, I'm afraid the male perspective is very lacking in comparison, especially in first person. Apropos only has partial support for male PCs, and there's been less drive in general to write male perspective lines.

You've actually given me an idea for a feature request:  An MCM ability to choose any gender's narration, not just your PC's.  (Not 100% certain, but I don't think this was possible in Classic).  So a straight male PC choosing female 1st person narration would in effect be like reading the female NPC's "thought bubble" describing what the male PC is doing to her. This would be a straightforward way to access the far greater depth of writing on the female side and (IMO) be actually kind of sexy.

Cheers

ETA: This would not be dissimilar to reading an adult comic/manga where the female thought bubble is almost always featured more prominently regardless of the gender/orientation of the reader.

Something for v2, maybe that would work for chapajas wish as well, not sure: could you build some kind of Api where a third mods blocks or enforces certain comments/themes?

I thought about something like a curroption mod or something, players start pure and innocent but may become pervs, depending on stats in SLSF. For example, a pure character wouldn't get any messages that s/he enjoys beeing raped (by creatures), but a perv would.

Not sure if such a mod will ever be done, so... if it's a lot of effort, nevermind. But if it wouldn't be too difficult, that might be very nice to have. :)

• 3 weeks later...

More Nasty Critters has finally seen an update thanks to MadMansGun, which involved moving all the animations into an SLAL pack. Side effect of this is all the animation IDs have changed, which means the Unique Animation files pointing at those animations are useless if you update NMC.

I've worked out what the new animation names are, so if you want to rename them yourself (if you have any edits), go ahead:

DayelyteDogFun -> MNCCanineonback
DayelyteDogSpooning -> MNCCaninespooning
DogpanicConsensual -> MNCCanineC1
Dogpanicnew -> MNCDogR1
HorkerSex -> MNChorkerSLDvaginal
HorseDoggystyle2 -> MNCHorseDoggystyle2
PanicDogSuck -> MNCCanineC2
PanicWereBlow -> MNCWerewolfR2
SkeeverBillyyfacefuck -> MNCSkeeverBillyyFaceFuck
SkeeverBillyymount -> MNCSkeeverBillyyMount
TrollBehind -> MNCTrollBehind
TrollCG -> MNCTrollCowgirl
TrollDoggyAlt -> MNCTrollDoggystyleAlt
TrollMisAlt -> MNCTrollMissionaryAlt
TrollOnGround -> MNCTrollOnGround
TrollRevCow -> MNCTrollRewerceCowgirl
TrollSeXtreme -> MNCTrollSeXtreme
WerewolfpanicRedone -> MNCWerewolfRedone

Otherwise, I've applied the changes to the database available in the current version of Apropos Classic and attached it below.

I also fixed a couple other things, like the typo in 'leitoCunnilingis', and reworded a lot of lines in VaeVictus's lines for the Skeevers, Horker and Deer (examples below)

– "This pulsating feeling I feel around its twitching {COCK} and the way it stops and buries it as deep as it can tells me it filled me with baby rats"

+ "This pulsing I feel around its twitching {COCK} and the way it stopped to bury it as deep as it can tells me he's filling me with baby rats."

– "Helo there, what a wonderful creature you are! You also seem to have a gift for me. Let me feel it."

+ "Hello there, what a wonderful creature you are! Oh! Looks like you have a gift for me... Let me feel it."

– "I look down and get intimidated by the sheer size of this {MAROUSAL} {COCK}, I try to accomodate it inside me slowly."

+ "It's hard not to be intimidated by the sheer size of this {MAROUSAL} {COCK}. I'll need to go slow to accomodate his girth."

– "After defying all my fear and worries, I take {ACTIVE} in my {MOUTH}, so deep and hard!"

+ "In spite of all my fears and worries, I take {ACTIVE} into my {MOUTH}, all the way down to my throat in one stroke."

– "I can feel it shooting up inside my {PUSSY}, I will keep its tip inside so I can feel its jets gushing in, and let them drip down on my thighs."

+ "I can feel it shooting up inside my {PUSSY}... I keep its tip inside to feel the jets gushing in, overflowing {CUM} dripping down on my thighs."

– "The tip of its {COCK} is touching and entering lightly inside my {PUSSY}, I wonder how it will feel when its ball-deep"

+ "The tip of its {COCK} is lightly spreading and stroking my pussy lips... I wonder how it'll feel when it's ball-deep..."

MNCv10 DB.7z

More Nasty Critters has finally seen an update thanks to MadMansGun, which involved moving all the animations into an SLAL pack. Side effect of this is all the animation IDs have changed, which means the Unique Animation files pointing at those animations are useless if you update NMC.

I've worked out what the new animation names are, so if you want to rename them yourself (if you have any edits), go ahead:

DayelyteDogFun -> MNCCanineonback

DayelyteDogSpooning -> MNCCaninespooning

DogpanicConsensual -> MNCCanineC1

Dogpanicnew -> MNCDogR1

HorkerSex -> MNChorkerSLDvaginal

HorseDoggystyle2 -> MNCHorseDoggystyle2

PanicDogSuck -> MNCCanineC2

PanicWereBlow -> MNCWerewolfR2

SkeeverBillyyfacefuck -> MNCSkeeverBillyyFaceFuck

SkeeverBillyymount -> MNCSkeeverBillyyMount

TrollBehind -> MNCTrollBehind

TrollCG -> MNCTrollCowgirl

TrollDoggyAlt -> MNCTrollDoggystyleAlt

TrollMisAlt -> MNCTrollMissionaryAlt

TrollOnGround -> MNCTrollOnGround

TrollRevCow -> MNCTrollRewerceCowgirl

TrollSeXtreme -> MNCTrollSeXtreme

WerewolfpanicRedone -> MNCWerewolfRedone

Otherwise, I've applied the changes to the database available in the current version of Apropos Classic and attached it below.

I also fixed a couple other things, like the typo in 'leitoCunnilingis', and reworded a lot of lines in VaeVictus's lines for the Skeevers, Horker and Deer (examples below)

– "This pulsating feeling I feel around its twitching {COCK} and the way it stops and buries it as deep as it can tells me it filled me with baby rats"

+ "This pulsing I feel around its twitching {COCK} and the way it stopped to bury it as deep as it can tells me he's filling me with baby rats."

– "Helo there, what a wonderful creature you are! You also seem to have a gift for me. Let me feel it."

+ "Hello there, what a wonderful creature you are! Oh! Looks like you have a gift for me... Let me feel it."

– "I look down and get intimidated by the sheer size of this {MAROUSAL} {COCK}, I try to accomodate it inside me slowly."

+ "It's hard not to be intimidated by the sheer size of this {MAROUSAL} {COCK}. I'll need to go slow to accomodate his girth."

– "After defying all my fear and worries, I take {ACTIVE} in my {MOUTH}, so deep and hard!"

+ "In spite of all my fears and worries, I take {ACTIVE} into my {MOUTH}, all the way down to my throat in one stroke."

– "I can feel it shooting up inside my {PUSSY}, I will keep its tip inside so I can feel its jets gushing in, and let them drip down on my thighs."

+ "I can feel it shooting up inside my {PUSSY}... I keep its tip inside to feel the jets gushing in, overflowing {CUM} dripping down on my thighs."

– "The tip of its {COCK} is touching and entering lightly inside my {PUSSY}, I wonder how it will feel when its ball-deep"

+ "The tip of its {COCK} is lightly spreading and stroking my pussy lips... I wonder how it'll feel when it's ball-deep..."

attachicon.gifMNCv10 DB.7z

Good stuff. I've just rebuilt my Skyrim to support both Apropos Classic and Apropos X mod development. I plan on using this and some other database contributions on this thread in a final release of Classic, and as a starting point for Apropos X.

To those interested in the new Apropos development:

For the time being I'm calling the current release of Apropos "Apropos Classic" (as its labelled now in downloads), and new development "Apropos X". I may rename in the future to be clearer.

I've been trying to hash out the new database schemes for X, particularly folder and file naming, to better support a larger variety of scenarios:

- Male/Male

- Female/Female

- Femdom

- Pegging

- and more

The database scheme has to consider:

- The "perspective": Who is the message being generated for? For instance, in a typical M/F scenario, the descriptions could be from one of two perspectives: the man, or the woman. In the case of lesbian sex, it could be from either woman, eg. 

- The positions. In many of the descriptions involving either a penis or strapon, we can determine who is in the "male" position. For example, in M/F sex, it is the Male, in case of F/F sex that involves a strapon, it is the Female in the male position, i.e. wearing the strapon.

- Body part involved (anal, vaginal, oral)

- Consensual or rape

- Who is rapist if rape

Initially, we had been thinking of something like this:

FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal - male and female have consensual sex, female perspective.  

FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal_Rape - male rapes female, female perspective.

FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal_Victim - female rapes male, female perspective. (FEMDOM).

Male_FemaleActor_Vaginal_Victim - female rapes male with a strapon, female perspective. (pegging).

MaleActor_Female_Vaginal - male and female have consensual sex, male perspective.

and so on. But I found that confusing. So I have been developing something along the lines:

FP_M1F0_Anal_Consensual Female Perspective, MF Consensual Anal Sex (Man enters Woman) FP_M0F1_Anal_Consensual Female Perspective, MF Consensual Anal Sex (Woman enters Man with strapon. Pegging)     MP_M1F0_Anal_Consensual Male Perspective, MF Consensual Anal Sex (Man enters Woman) MP_M0F1_Anal_Consensual Male Perspective, MF Consensual Anal Sex (Woman enters Man with strapon. Pegging)     FP_M1F0_Anal_MRapist Female Perspective, M rapes F anally FP_M0F1_Anal_FRapist Female Perspective, W rapes M with strapon     MP_M1F0_Anal_MRapist Male Perspective, M rapes F anally MP_M0F1_Anal_FRapist Male Perspective, W rapes M with strapon     FP_M1F0_Vaginal_Consensual Female Perspective, MF Consensual Vaginal Sex (Man enters Woman) FP_M0F1_Vaginal_Consensual UNDEFINED (how could a F pegg a M vaginally?)     MP_M1F0_Vaginal_Consensual Male Perspective, MF Consensual Vaginal Sex (Man enters Woman) MP_M0F1_Vaginal_Consensual UNDEFINED (how could a F pegg a M vaginally)     FP_M1F0_Vaginal_MRapist Female Perspective, M rapes F vaginally FP_M1F0_Vaginal_FRapist Female Perspective, F rapes M vaginally (FEMDOM)     MP_M1F0_Vaginal_MRapist Male Perspective, M rapes F vaginally MP_M1F0_Vaginal_FRapist Male Perspective, F rapes M vaginally (FEMDOM)     FP_F1F0_Vaginal_Consensual 1st Female Perspective, FF Consensual Sex, Woman fucks Woman's vagina with Strapon. FP_F1F0_Anal_Consensual 1st Female Perspective, FF Consensual Sex, Woman fucks Woman's anus with Strapon. FP_F0F1_Vaginal_Consensual 2nd Female Perspective, FF Consensual Sex, Woman fucks Woman's vagina with Strapon. FP_F0F1_Anal_Consensual 2nd Female Perspective, FF Consensual Sex, Woman fucks Woman's anus with Strapon. FP_F1F0_Oral_Consensual Ambiguous Perspective, FF Consensual Sex, Woman performs oral sex on Woman. FP_F1F0_Oral_FRapist Ambiguous Perspective, FF Consensual Sex, Woman forces woman to perform oral sex on her.     FP_F1F0_Vaginal_FRapist 1st Female Perspective, Woman rapes Woman vaginally with Strapon. FP_F1F0_Anall_FRapist 1st Female Perspective, Woman rapes Woman vaginally with Strapon. FP_F0F1_Vaginal_FRapist 2nd Female Perspective, Woman rapes Woman vaginally with Strapon.     MP_M1M0_Anal_Consensual 1st Male Perspective, MM Consensual Sex, Man fucks Man in anus. MP_M0M1_Anal_Consensual 2nd Male Perspective, MM Consensual Sex, Man fucks Man in anus.     MP_M1M0_Oral_Consensual 1st Male Perspective, MM Consensual Sex, Man performs oral sex on Man.     MP_M1M0_Oral_MRapist 1st Male Perspective, MM Consensual Sex, 1st male forces 2 male 

Of course these are not exhaustive! It is just a starting point to see if the scheme will work for a good number of the scenarios.

Some of the tricky scenarios in the past that Apropos just fails at:

- Female rapes Male (assumes Man is subdued, or tied down), just regular intercourse, usually cowgirl type position.

- Female rapes Male (assumes Man is subdued, etc), by wearing a strapon and anally pegging him, usually doggie position.

- Male rapes Female by forcing her to felate him.

- Female rapes Male by forcing him to eat her (hands tied behind?)

- Female rapes Male (subdued, tied) forcefully felating him. 

(btw, if you know the "technical" terms for these scenarios, please enlighten me).

Just providing a glimpse. Again, many other scenarios to include - group sex, gang bangs, creatures.

Here's a pdf since that text is hard to read.

Ap - New Scheme.pdf

Got a question for you gooser:

I've been reworking the 1st person descriptions for the unique animations to work from a male perspective and i'd like to know if I can port those descriptions to X when it's released because It is a lot of work and i'd rather not have to go through it again.

I've been reworking the 1st person descriptions for the unique animations to work from a male perspective and i'd like to know if I can port those descriptions to X when it's released because It is a lot of work and i'd rather not have to go through it again.

these are the files in case anyone wants them.

Rape and con lines are mixed  and I changed a line or two when i thought I could do a better job but for the most part I just rewrote the male/female uniques to be from a male perspective rather than a female one.

db.7z

Rape and con lines are mixed  and I changed a line or two when i thought I could do a better job but for the most part I just rewrote the male/female uniques to be from a male perspective rather than a female one.

Looks pretty good - I don't think it will be too onerous to move them into the new file structure.

Looks pretty good - I don't think it will be too onerous to move them into the new file structure.

thanks gooser.nice to know it.

I've been trying to hash out the new database schemes for X, particularly folder and file naming, to better support a larger variety of scenarios

Quite a tricky question. The structure needs to be able to denote:

• Who the Giver and Receivers are (Penetrator and Penetrated, Licker and Licked, etc)
  • Who the FPP should be taken from
  • Who the Rapist and Victim are, if it's rape

The M(1/0)F(1/0) works well for the first point, gender with the 1 can be taken as the Giver, and then by assuming perspective is taken from the first actor in the pair, we can tell what position the FPP actor is in, making the FP_/MP_ prefixes redundant, except for the extra clarity. 

Now, the _(M/F)Rapist or _Consensual tags work for the third point, but only in M/F scenes, as I think if we're supporting girls raping guys through pegging and cowgirl/femdom, the same should be true of FF and MM, so denoting the rapist only by gender falls down.

In "MP_M1M0_Oral_MRapist" is the rapist forcing victim to suck his dick, or forcefully sucking the victims dick? Is "FP_F1F0_Vaginal_FRapist" us raping a girl with a strapon or us being ridden by a rapist while we wear the strapon? We can easily assume, since one of each of those scenarios is far more likely than the other in game, but a gender neutral suffix would expand greatly what we're able to describe.

Something like:

• M1RM0 - PC raping a man as the giver
  • F0M1R - PC being raped by a man as the receiver
  • F1F0R - PC being raped by a woman as the giver (cowgirl/femdom)

It's a little esoteric and harder to read, and obviously won't line up as nicely when browsing the folders, so there may be a better way to do it.

Could I make a suggestion that felliatio and cunnilingus get handled (no pun intended) separatly?

And 69? I think 'Oral' is a bit to generic.

Still leaves a couple questions though:

• Unique Animations? It'd be nice to have the above system applied to them as well, since some animations work well for a lot of gender combinations, not to mention when strapons get involved.
  • 3p+ Animations, being able to identify who's who for FP MFF animations would be great for the unique system.

Huh..nice to stumble across this thread! Although I have a question, would it be too much work for any scenes to be put in if the female had a schlong? And on top of that, there are other mods that add an invisible 'schlong' to females to keep them from getting a dick(If the only schlong mod you have for them is a dick) like the pubic hair one. Would it be able to tell the difference between those mods?