Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

I think I'm gonna rewrite WerewolfDoggystyle as vaginal instead of anal. Using CBBE and the ARW models (the ones the animation was made for), and due to the placement of the hand around the waist, it's not really viable to alter the positions of the actors to make this look like anal, penetration is just too low without the hand clipping.

I was simply gonna wait for you to release the new version and fiddle with the tags myself, rather than bother you with it, but if you're asking, there it is.

I noticed that many (perhaps even most) of the animation tagged as "anal" are actually vaginal. Its like someone thought that all doggy-style positions were automatically anal. As if people only did anal when they do doggy-style. Its rather weird, I just assumed that whoever did it had an anal fetish. Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice, lol.

What are you talking about? Do you run the Animation Patchups in Apropos MCM ? Yes, we did make changes to tags, but  what Decauk is actually talking about here is the text for an animation that has been designed as a Unique Animation. So the actual content - the description is going to be changed. You can always change the animations that are affected when Patchups is executed (AnimationPatchups.txt). The text is fairly explanatory.

I think I'm gonna rewrite WerewolfDoggystyle as vaginal instead of anal. Using CBBE and the ARW models (the ones the animation was made for), and due to the placement of the hand around the waist, it's not really viable to alter the positions of the actors to make this look like anal, penetration is just too low without the hand clipping.

I was simply gonna wait for you to release the new version and fiddle with the tags myself, rather than bother you with it, but if you're asking, there it is.

I noticed that many (perhaps even most) of the animation tagged as "anal" are actually vaginal. Its like someone thought that all doggy-style positions were automatically anal. As if people only did anal when they do doggy-style. Its rather weird, I just assumed that whoever did it had an anal fetish. Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice, lol.

What are you talking about? Do you run the Animation Patchups in Apropos MCM ? Yes, we did make changes to tags, but  what Decauk is actually talking about here is the text for an animation that has been designed as a Unique Animation. So the actual content - the description is going to be changed. You can always change the animations that are affected when Patchups is executed (AnimationPatchups.txt). The text is fairly explanatory.

I was talking about the tags for SexLab animations in general, just like Decauk was mentioning. A lot of the sex animation from behind is tagged as "anal" by SexLab, even though the animation lines up to have the male to penetrate the female's vagina.

• 1 month later...

I want to go to apropos menu and read the last sentence instead of having to go to console which disappears sometimes. also the letters are too small to read sometimes.

It could be sent to the console as an option instead which would be quicker to get into and out of than the menu.

I want to go to apropos menu and read the last sentence instead of having to go to console which disappears sometimes. also the letters are too small to read sometimes.

It could be sent to the console as an option instead which would be quicker to get into and out of than the menu.

it already does this but its usually over written by other information.

when will we get the ability to change the font size.

Sounds like you are using the older version of Apropos, prior to the release of the messaging widgets. Can you provide an in-game screen shot to confirm?

PgUp/PgDn keys work for the text in the console.

There are several settings for the console itself you can change.  I don't know off hand which INI they are in, because I use the SkyTweak mod to change them.

One lets you change how much of the screen the console pane covers, another changes the size of the font. An option to change the transparency/translucency would be quite nice, because trying to read in the snows of the Pale is harder than the Falkreath pine forests.

I would also suggest checking the mod version you are using.  The latest with the widget display is easier to read and doesn't fade quite as fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I would be willing to write descriptions for this mod, if you update the tags. So far it seems the following tags need to be added or updated.

>Skeever

>Goat

>Boar

>Cow

>Consentual

>Loving

>Rough

Additionally some other tags that would make my life less difficult are

>Riding

Finally, if you could somehow integrate a message system, that registers pregnancy occurring either via Soulgem oven (the latest) I would write descriptors for this as well.

Or if someone else who is better with script writing could Fix this I would be willing to take over this mod from a creative perspective. I just don't have the tech skills to troubleshoot these problems.

-Sz

Not sure if that's already planned for the new version, but i'd like to have some kind of multiplier or (better) settings how fast the wear annd tear part happens. If possible, seperated for tattoos and debuffs. Tears just flow faster than physical damage happens, at least for my character ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey i have a problem, apropos is working well when im playing a female character but when i switch on my male , it is not working anymore, i remember seeing that this mod works as a female and male maybe ive done something wrong :/

Hey i have a problem, apropos is working well when im playing a female character but when i switch on my male , it is not working anymore, i remember seeing that this mod works as a female and male maybe ive done something wrong :/

There are separate files for male and female PCs.

Check those files.. might turn on logging and check the console for messages.

There are separate files for male and female PCs.

Check those files.. might turn on logging and check the console for messages.

You mean in the download section of the mod or in the archive ? i just installed this mod like any other mod i install with nmm

No, the description files are separated into male, oral, consensual; male, oral, noncon; female, vaginal, consensual; female, anal, noncon; etc.

There are also a number of files for individual animations, for either male or female PC.

It is possible that you have no, or no working, male files (though probably not as likely), so I suggested you turn on the logging options and see what errors show up.

• 4 weeks later...

So, something pretty cool happened in the support thread recently. 

Vauria made this editor utility, which I've found speeds up editing descriptions quite a bit. You pretty much can't go wrong with it. (Well. You could not have the JRE. Or put it in the wrong folder. But, it'll just not work.) 

I really hope something can be worked out for unifying all the description sets people have posted though. Decauk had a good idea with just updating one easy-to-find post, but this thread is awfully long and a lot of people have posted sets. I'm not sure how easy it would be to make something for the downloads area; but at least, some place that everyone can keep their description sets together and up to date. 

• 1 month later...

So question, I recall seeing one long time ago, but I'm wondering if there's a "cleaner" apropos script, by that I mean removal of any reference to pissing and shit. I made one myself awhile back but forgot to save it when I scrapped my entire Skyrim folder and started over fresh. Don't want to CTRL F thru all the .txt files to change them again.

Nevermind, didn't take me to long to do it myself. Only altered 2nd person as thats all I use and just went thru the female-male folder.

• 1 month later...

With the remastered version, can we get compatibility for Male/Male - even if you do not wish to create the dialogues yourself. I was in the process of creating a patch for the current version, and have almost finished all the default dialogue, synonyms and descriptions - but I have currently been unable to even get the mod to recognize Male/Male scenes, as well as realizing that I have no idea how I would distinguish Active_Male and Passive_Male. The current file format just has MaleActor...

I've temporary paused my dialogue writing due to now knowing there's a remastered version in the works as well as my file structure issue - if you know in advance what file structure I should use, I can create the dialogues for you. 

EDIT:

Actually, could this be expanded upon further... can we select personality types for the Active and Passive NPCs? At the moment, all the Passive's dialogue is very... passive, bashful and reluctant. While this is by no means bad (and is often my preference, in fact), while creating M/M dialogue I struggled to keep "in character". I wanted to create "dominant passive" dialogue, "bratty/bully passive", and "eager passive" dialogue", and "reluctant active", "submissive active" and "rapist active" dialogue.

Possible new db file structure:

Basic format:

<TargetNPC>_<?SexTag> / <PC/POV>_<Position>_<?Personality> / <AnimationName>_<?Consent>_<Stage>

Accomodating MCM Options:

• Erotic Dialogue POV - Always PC / NPC / Active / Passive
  • Personality - Use Exclusively / Use Where Available (So if a character is set to Slut - either it will use Slut dialogue where provided, or only use Slut dialogue even if it means being silent where not provided)

You could set up alternate folders and play with the description weightings in the MCM. The 'bdsm' folder in the db is an example; I have yet to really play with the weightings though (because I haven't even gotten to cleaning up descriptions to where I'm happy, creating alternate sets of descriptions may take me the better part of the next decade!)

Apparently, the M/M and multiple-NPCs description issues are to do with Sexlab itself, if I remember rightly - it doesn't distinguish very well between who is in what role in a given scene, so things get...awkward. But I'm not using the remaster; as far as I know, there's no new version yet.

You could set up alternate folders and play with the description weightings in the MCM. The 'bdsm' folder in the db is an example; I have yet to really play with the weightings though (because I haven't even gotten to cleaning up descriptions to where I'm happy, creating alternate sets of descriptions may take me the better part of the next decade!)

Apparently, the M/M and multiple-NPCs description issues are to do with Sexlab itself, if I remember rightly - it doesn't distinguish very well between who is in what role in a given scene, so things get...awkward. But I'm not using the remaster; as far as I know, there's no new version yet.

Male's do not even trigger the female dialogue when playing the female role. Do you have any idea how to hack it on the current version? What folder name is required to even get it to say "Hello world"?

You can use the console to get the internal animation name - Vauria wrote a guide on how to do it on the Apropos Edit topic, but I think you just have to open the console when a scene starts with one of the animations you want to make files for. I'm not sure how you work out how many stages it is - manually, I guess (count the number of times you have to advance the scene before it ends).

The text files should have a name like 'MaleActor_[name of animation]_Stage[number]'. You'll also need a description file for the orgasm stage, and most animations also have a file with no descriptors in it (just the outlines) with a name like 'MaleActor_[name of animation].txt' for the starting stage. Take a look at the filenames in some other animations to get an idea of how to do it.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can do. I haven't been able to get descriptions for the M2M animation set to trigger either; I assume something isn't quite working properly, but I figured all I could do was wait for the remaster. (But, it doesn't hurt to have the descriptions done by then...although, it takes me quite a while to write them.)

• 2 weeks later...

There's one included with the db in the new version, I think, but I'm honestly not sure how well it works. If you look in the Apropos Edit support thread, there's a guide on how to get the animation names from the console for specific animations.

only zyn but why there aren't other db like leito threesome etc...?