Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

Those options are obsolete in the latest version of Apropos. What version are you using?

You are 100% correct. I was using the 2014.10.21 Version for weird reasons . . . well that was a fast fulfilling of my dreams just one update away !

Thanks a lot for your foresight !  :heart:

I'm going to quote both of these, hoping you get a notification about this.

Do you have a sample or suggestion of what you want to see? I am guessing you want more than the result of :

{Active} penetrates {primary}'s {pussy} roughly.

Apropos is meant to describe what is going on during sex and what characters involved are feeling or thinking about it. So by saying that i am only interested about those 2 ppl in action. I dont care about her dog her dad her boyfriend her list of ppl she was with earlier this day or what she thinks about them. Only descriptions that involve current actors.

I would rather see only "{Active} penetrates {primary}'s {pussy} roughly." then all that every girl is a nymphomanic slut nonsense.

Heya, everything works fine for me, but i would like to ask if its possible to dissable the messeges on the screen, i enjoy immersion and somehow (personal taste) it just does not fit when character say's Im a slutty whore etc, i really like the idea of this mod, and notifictations like <charname> Stop it ! or Please dont, dont. (i hope you know what i mean) but the other part really turns me away from this mod

I am not sure why either of you have this mod then, if all you want is a description of what you can see.

If you want basic dialog, I have to ask which other databases you have downloaded.  Here is majority of the content from the Male actor, female victim, vaginal, rape first stage file (there was a lot more of the 3rd person category). You can open any of these with Notepad and delete out any of the lines you do not want.

If you do not know how to find the files, or how to name them, or how find the ones you do not like by name... ask that. 

{
    "1st Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY} cries out as I stick my {HUGE} {COCK} into her {PUSSY}.",
        "It slipped right in! This {BITCH} is no virgin!",
        "{PRIMARY} struggles at first, but goes limp as soon as I get my {COCK} inside her.",
        "The instant I penetrate {PRIMARY}, she bursts into sobs and wails in distress."
    ],
    "2nd Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY} cries out as you stick your {HUGE} {COCK} into her {PUSSY}.",
        "{PRIMARY} struggles at first, but goes limp as soon as you get your {COCK} inside her.",
        "The instant you penetrate {PRIMARY}, she bursts into sobs and wails in distress."
    ],
    "3rd Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY} cries out in pain as {ACTIVE} jams his {COCK} inside her {WTVAGINAL} {PUSSY}.",
        "{PRIMARY} makes precious little sound as {ACTIVE} forces her body to accept his.",
        "{ACTIVE} lines his {COCK} up with {PRIMARY}'s {WTVAGINAL} {PUSSY}. She stifles a sob.",
        "{PRIMARY} wearily raises her eyes. In front of her is {ACTIVE}, his {COCK} red and angry, about to fuck her.",

Oke, in that case, let me explain this xD I never messed with any mod's ''Innards'' (im no modder, i dont understand shit about scripts and stuff like this and last thing i wanna do is to break the mod.) so i hardly know how and IF i can mess with stuff, i really like the mod due its texture changes, penalties etc. i just dont like some of the lines, so i just wanted to know if i can disable it or not, IF i can mess with the mod stuff itself, then please can you tell me what files i can work with.

Oke, in that case, let me explain this xD I never messed with any mod's ''Innards'' (im no modder, i dont understand shit about scripts and stuff like this and last thing i wanna do is to break the mod.) so i hardly know how and IF i can mess with stuff, i really like the mod due its texture changes, penalties etc. i just dont like some of the lines, so i just wanted to know if i can disable it or not, IF i can mess with the mod stuff itself, then please can you tell me what files i can work with.

OK. we can help with that.

First, these are not scripts or anything critical to the mod, so you won't be able to break the mod.  If you change something the wrong way, the worst that will happen is you will not get a line for that stage of that animation.

Someplace in your Skyrim\Data folder, or a ModOrganizer or NMM system, you should have a folder with some kind of Apropose name.  I was lazy and just let MO use the name of the beta when I downloaded it.  Inside that is another folder, and inside that is a "DB" folder.

Apropos Beta 2015 04 24 01\Apropos\db

Inside that will be a MaleActor_Female and FemaleActor_Male, and a bunch of other FemaleActor_AnimationName folder.

If you are playing a MALE character, look at the MaleActor_Female folders and open the files in them.  Opposite for female characters.

If you delete entire lines you will be fine, or you can just change the words within to fit what you want.  The only thing you have to "code" is that the last line of each 1st / 2nd person cannot have a comma. Each other line should. Leave the double quotes and the [ ] "square braces" where they are. You can use the curly braces { } around words you find in the synonym.txt file if you want to add any of those in lines you like. You do not need to capitalize the words in them, that is just a way to make them more visible.

Worst worst case scenario... you edit something, forget what, and something doesn't work? Just reinstall the mod. Its the same version of the same mod, so nothing will be missing and your game won't get broken.

Apropos is meant to describe what is going on during sex and what characters involved are feeling or thinking about it. So by saying that i am only interested about those 2 ppl in action. I dont care about her dog her dad her boyfriend her list of ppl she was with earlier this day or what she thinks about them. Only descriptions that involve current actors.

I would rather see only "{Active} penetrates {primary}'s {pussy} roughly." then all that every girl is a nymphomanic slut nonsense.

I am not sure why either of you have this mod then, if all you want is a description of what you can see.

If you want basic dialog, I have to ask which other databases you have downloaded.  Here is majority of the content from the Male actor, female victim, vaginal, rape first stage file (there was a lot more of the 3rd person category). You can open any of these with Notepad and delete out any of the lines you do not want.

If you do not know how to find the files, or how to name them, or how find the ones you do not like by name... ask that. 

{
    "1st Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY} cries out as I stick my {HUGE} {COCK} into her {PUSSY}.",
        "{PRIMARY} struggles at first, but goes limp as soon as I get my {COCK} inside her.",
        "The instant I penetrate {PRIMARY}, she bursts into sobs and wails in distress."
    ],
    "2nd Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY} cries out as you stick your {HUGE} {COCK} into her {PUSSY}.",
        "{PRIMARY} struggles at first, but goes limp as soon as you get your {COCK} inside her.",
        "The instant you penetrate {PRIMARY}, she bursts into sobs and wails in distress."
    ],
    "3rd Person" :
    [
        "{PRIMARY} cries out in pain as {ACTIVE} jams his {COCK} inside her {WTVAGINAL} {PUSSY}.",
        "{PRIMARY} makes precious little sound as {ACTIVE} forces her body to accept his.",
        "{ACTIVE} lines his {COCK} up with {PRIMARY}'s {WTVAGINAL} {PUSSY}. She stifles a sob.",
        "{PRIMARY} wearily raises her eyes. In front of her is {ACTIVE}, his {COCK} red and angry, about to fuck her.",

First of all i underlined important part of what i said earlier. Next thing i dont know where to download any other database. Aproppos page only has main download or did i miss some alternative descriptions available for download? I installed it coz i want to see descriptions that fit the scene. Your example here is perfect for rape scene. It involves 2 people and describes how each of them are feeling. Although comments about virginity are kinda lame if they are going to show up every time, in this example she is not a virgin so like before she is a slut. This line is totally irrelevant to the scene unless she really is a virgin then character would notice.

Now if there is something like this for consensual sex or even romantic sex i would be more then happy with this mods descriptions. SO i like the mod but descriptions are terrible.

I know its all about someones dirty fantasy and this is a place where everything can be done but can someone just make it bit more realistic?

Yes, Someone CAN, YOU! just locate the db folder in your data path <normally skyrim/data/apropos> open it up, open up the one of the offending folders inside, open up one of the text documents, and edit to your hearts content, just note the line structure and how each segment is structured. I myself, am not a mod maker, and my attempts to mess around in CK have lead to unmitigated disasters, and i'm 50 years old, an I managed to do it. as to other DBs there are many posted thru out this thread, the most commonly downloaded one is the 3rd post of this thread, but from what I understand would not be to your liking. That being said, it is an awesome place to start with editing. In fact, you can down load it, edit it, THEN place it in your skyrim directory replacing the original db folder, then all you have to do is refresh the database in the MCM and away you go.

AS for the original DB, that was something thrown together by gooser to mainly show how the db files needed to be formatted. This mod was, is, and always has been intended for the USER <thats you and me> to customize the DB either personally, or by downloading one that someone shared. While this mod is certainly able to be "plug and play" its much much better if you put a little effort into it and make it your own by customizing it. The skill level required to customize this mod is prolly 1 on a scale of 1 to 10. if you can edit text files and work a web browser, you can do this. BTW there is some instructions and hints on editing the DB on the main file page  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28123-apropos/ under the "description message customization" spoiler.

<edited to make make corrections due to persnickity space bar and feline help in replying>

Now if there is something like this for consensual sex or even romantic sex i would be more then happy with this mods descriptions. SO i like the mod but descriptions are terrible.

I know its all about someones dirty fantasy and this is a place where everything can be done but can someone just make it bit more realistic?

I've been editing the MaleActor_Female db files under Apropos/db to remove the things that are turn offs for me and add in a few things that are turn ons. They're just text files you can edit with notepad. It's tedious, but it shows up fine in game so long as you're careful about formatting. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have just upgraded to Sexlab 1.60 and Non-Sexlab anims 1.28. The good news is that all the anims work beautifully and so far as I can tell all of my old Apropos messages are displaying. But I have one small problem I hope someone can help me with.

I wrote some messages for the excellent new Leito Lesbian Double Dildo 1 animation, but I cannot for the life of me get it to display in Apropos.At first I named all my files for this anim Leito Lesbian Double Dildo 1 because that is how the name is displayed in the Apropos console. It used to be the case that you got the tag names right from the console. Has this changed? The spaces admittedly look odd, and the old Leito files had lower case l for leito. I tried again without the spaces. Still no luck. I added patchups (oral, vaginal) and made sure to add the file to uniqueanimations. Still no joy. I am at my wit's end. Can anyone help? I guess I have two questions:

1) Am I right in thinking that the exact name of the animation no longer displays in the Apropos console? If so, where can one find the tags?

2) Have I forgotten or missed some important stage for writing and adding messages? I am sure I did everything I did before with success.

Any help much appreciated.

It would display the Proper Name and the stringed_coded_name  separately for some anims.

Here are all the anims I've seen.. and entered in so far.  I know there are more that I haven't listed yet, since there are some FFM and MMF (1 vs 2 F / M).

The only problems I've had so far are the usual iffy support on the lesbian animations (only playing the Femaleactor_animationname.txt file) and possible lack of support for actor, actor1, actor2, primary type variables for the group sex.  I haven't done much with those since we haven't had that many up till now, but it seems like some do, and some do not, support the different actor variables.

"leito69" : true,
    "leitoAggressiveBlowjob" : true,
    "leitoAggressiveMissionary" : true,
    "leitoAggressiveMissionaryAnal" : true,
    "leitoAggressiveBoundThreesomeFFM1" : true,
    "leitoAggressiveBoundThreesomeFFM2" : true,
    "leitoAggressiveBoundThreesomeFFM3" : true,
    "leitoAnalPowerbomb" : true,
    "leitoBlowjob" : true,
    "leitoBlowjob2" : true,
    "leitoBlowjob3" : true,
    "leitoBoundBlowjob" : true,
    "leitoBoundMissionary" : true,
    "leitoCowgirl" : true,
    "leitoCowgirl2" : true,
    "leitoCunnilingus" : true,
    "leitoCunnilingus2" : true,
    "LeitoDogMFC" : true,
    "LeitoDogMFC2" : true,
    "leitoDoggy" : true,
    "leitoDoggy1" : true,
    "leitoDoggy2" : true,
    "LeitoDoggyAnal" : true,
    "leitoDoggyAnal1" : true,
    "leitoDoggyAnal2" : true,
    "leitoLesbian1" : true,
    "leitoLesbian2" : true,
    "leitoLesbianDoubleDildo" : true,
    "leitoLesbianDoubleDildo2" : true,
    "leitoMissionary" : true,
    "leitoMissionary2" : true,
    "leitoMissionary3" : true,
    "LeitoFeet" : true,
    "LeitoFeet3" : true,
    "LeitoFeet2" : true,
    "leitoRCowgirl" : true,
    "LeitoSpoon" : true,
    "leitoSpooning" : true,
    "leitoStanding" : true,
    "leitoThreesomeFFM" : true,
    "leitoThreesomeFFM2" : true,
    "leitoThreesomeFFM3" : true,
    "LeitoWolfBJ" : true,
    "LeitoWolfMFC2" : true,
    "LeitoWolfMFC" : true,
    "LeitoWolfDoggy" : true,
    "LeitoWolfMission" : true,

It would display the Proper Name and the stringed_coded_name  separately for some anims.

Here are all the anims I've seen.. and entered in so far.  I know there are more that I haven't listed yet, since there are some FFM and MMF (1 vs 2 F / M).

The only problems I've had so far are the usual iffy support on the lesbian animations (only playing the Femaleactor_animationname.txt file) and possible lack of support for actor, actor1, actor2, primary type variables for the group sex.  I haven't done much with those since we haven't had that many up till now, but it seems like some do, and some do not, support the different actor variables.

"leito69" : true,

"leitoAggressiveBlowjob" : true,

"leitoAggressiveMissionary" : true,

"leitoAggressiveMissionaryAnal" : true,

"leitoAggressiveBoundThreesomeFFM1" : true,

"leitoAggressiveBoundThreesomeFFM2" : true,

"leitoAggressiveBoundThreesomeFFM3" : true,

"leitoAnalPowerbomb" : true,

"leitoBlowjob" : true,

"leitoBlowjob2" : true,

"leitoBlowjob3" : true,

"leitoBoundBlowjob" : true,

"leitoBoundMissionary" : true,

"leitoCowgirl" : true,

"leitoCowgirl2" : true,

"leitoCunnilingus" : true,

"leitoCunnilingus2" : true,

"LeitoDogMFC" : true,

"LeitoDogMFC2" : true,

"leitoDoggy" : true,

"leitoDoggy1" : true,

"leitoDoggy2" : true,

"LeitoDoggyAnal" : true,

"leitoDoggyAnal1" : true,

"leitoDoggyAnal2" : true,

"leitoMissionary" : true,

"leitoMissionary2" : true,

"leitoMissionary3" : true,

"LeitoFeet" : true,

"LeitoFeet3" : true,

"LeitoFeet2" : true,

"leitoRCowgirl" : true,

"LeitoSpoon" : true,

"leitoSpooning" : true,

"leitoStanding" : true,

"leitoThreesomeFFM" : true,

"leitoThreesomeFFM2" : true,

"leitoThreesomeFFM3" : true,

"LeitoWolfBJ" : true,

"LeitoWolfMFC2" : true,

"LeitoWolfMFC" : true,

"LeitoWolfDoggy" : true,

"LeitoWolfMission" : true,

Wonderful! Thank you so much for this.

Addendum. I tried the following tags you gave:

All work except for the first DoubleDildo, which is still not showing messages. I did see a tag in the Apropos console that identified itself as leitoLesbianDoubleDildo1. So I added the numeral 1. But still nothing. Very odd.

The other anims seem only ever to display one message (the first one). But I think this is a common problem with FF messages (I have encountered it before).

We're getting there though!

Addendum. I tried the following tags you gave:

All work except for the first DoubleDildo, which is still not showing messages. I did see a tag in the Apropos console that identified itself as leitoLesbianDoubleDildo1. So I added the numeral 1. But still nothing. Very odd.

The other anims seem only ever to display one message (the first one). But I think this is a common problem with FF messages (I have encountered it before).

We're getting there though!

correct as far as I know on the lesbian, one file reading problem.

not sure how or why I'd not have the right animation name... I tend to just copy / paste right out of the apropos log.

I tried again with leitoLesbianDoubleDildo1 (adding the 1) and this time I did get a message--though only the first one (as per other lesbian anims). So it looks as if the 1 is needed (maybe leito has changed the name since you got the tags?)

My solution to the problem of only one message displaying for lesbian anims is to write a lot of messages so I don't see the same one all the time, and to make them sufficiently vague to work for every stage of the anim. For the great Lesbian2 anim (the 69 one) I write all the messages on a 69 theme.

I tried again with leitoLesbianDoubleDildo1 (adding the 1) and this time I did get a message--though only the first one (as per other lesbian anims). So it looks as if the 1 is needed (maybe leito has changed the name since you got the tags?)

My solution to the problem of only one message displaying for lesbian anims is to write a lot of messages so I don't see the same one all the time, and to make them sufficiently vague to work for every stage of the anim. For the great Lesbian2 anim (the 69 one) I write all the messages on a 69 theme.

Sounds like you've been doing a lot of work on this. Are you going to post your apropos db files on here? :-)

i sorta did that too, but then I pretty much just copied all the lines into all the lesbian, lesbian_oral, lesbian_vaginal etc files so it still can get repetitive.

• 2 weeks later...

I started replace some Apropos functionality with Lua - http://git.loverslab.com/Orly/sexlab-describe/commit/fb249d5cf8163db3afe5ab163b7ecb9d24fbee8c. No any specific purpose, except explore when it can went further..

Basically it replaces hand-made synonym token replacement code with use of string.gsub

1. Does it work?

2. Is it faster?

:)

- It works

- IDK. It contains less Papyrus code, almost zero Lua (JIT-ed into native code), string.gsub is C function, and it still invokes JMap.hasKey, getStr internally, Lua is duck-typed language, so it thinks that JMap is regular Lua table

- Oh, and there is typo fix in the next commit

Not sure what it will do if tokens map will not contain necessary key, it won't crash though

A technical question. Is each line in asposporos linked with individual animation right? Sonif you can control the animation that means you can control the texts right?

Are you referring to the database files? Apropos supports both a tag-based system, and a unique animation support system. Read the OP "UNIQUE ANIMATION SUPPORT"

I have recently downloaded two mods that may be old news to the rest of you, but are exciting for me. They are:

1) Sexlab Tools (recommended to me on this thread), and

2) Sexlab Eager NPCs, which I came across by browsing

1) is by far the best mod I have encountered for controlling (selecting) animations, and

2) is by far the best mod I have encountered for initiating sex through dialogue

Both are beautiful complements to Apropos, which is why I mention them here. My point in making this post is to ask other Apropos users what mods they recommend for working with Apropos. There must be some underappreciated gems out there.

On another topic, I can now confirm that the correct tag for leito thressome no 1 (FFM) is leitoThreesomeFFM1 (you do need the final 1). I think that all leito anims that end in the numeral 1 need the numeral.