Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

Not a request, but a suggestion.

In my personal apropos utility, I have manually added other syntax options.

Such as;

VCUM (Verb-Cum)

as it stands, the variables are limited, there are [CUM] - [CUMMING] - [CUMS] and so on. By adding [VCUM] and proper lines (like Cum, Ejaculate, Release, Unload and so on) it is possible to greatly enhance the diversity and originality.

Can you provide additional details? I'm not sure what you mean... 

Of course,

First of all, I did not download the latest version, since I heavily edited the previous version to my own taste, I did not want to go through it again. So bear that in mind when you take my suggestions into consideration, as you may have actually already added them.

In the synonyms file, there are quite a few categories. Such as {ASS} , {VILE} , {THICK} , {WHORE} , {CUM} , {CUMMING} , {CUMS} and so on. However, in some grammatical aspects, they do not always fit quite right in. For instance, lets take {CUM} and use it in a sentence.

Stage [insert number here] - Actor A keeps building pace and {FUCKS} faster, getting ready to {CUM}.

In this event, here are the current synonyms for the {CUM} category;

"cum",

"sperm",

"semen",

"jizz",

"jism",

"spunk",

"seed"

(The list above is the vanilla, no edits were made)

As you can see, some of the words really look out of place. Semen especially. Let's have a look;

Stage [insert number here again] - Actor A keeps building pace and shags faster, getting ready to semen.

So as a solution to these kind of occurrences, I have personally added different categories, one of which is {VCUM} (Verb-Cum), hence the following lines were added to the synonyms list;

"{VCUM}": [

"cum",

"unload",

"erupt",

"ejaculate",

"burst",

"come",

"release",

"cream",

"shoot",

"get off",

"let flow",

"leak",

"fill"

],

If we replace {CUM} in that example with {VCUM} it fits perfectly, as the sentence itself requires a verb and not a noun. This is not only increasing the diversity, but also allows for easier additions to be made on the message lists. I have actually added HUNDREDS of lines to my own apropos (although, they are all based on my own tastes, so may not be appealing for everybody) and I added more categories like these... It works, and it works really, really well...

I hope I was able to make my point clear.

Of course,

First of all, I did not download the latest version, since I heavily edited the previous version to my own taste, I did not want to go through it again. So bear that in mind when you take my suggestions into consideration, as you may have actually already added them.

In the synonyms file, there are quite a few categories. Such as {ASS} , {VILE} , {THICK} , {WHORE} , {CUM} , {CUMMING} , {CUMS} and so on. However, in some grammatical aspects, they do not always fit quite right in. For instance, lets take {CUM} and use it in a sentence.

Stage [insert number here] - Actor A keeps building pace and {FUCKS} faster, getting ready to {CUM}.

In this event, here are the current synonyms for the {CUM} category;

"cum",

"sperm",

"semen",

"jizz",

"jism",

"spunk",

"seed"

(The list above is the vanilla, no edits were made)

As you can see, some of the words really look out of place. Semen especially. Let's have a look;

Stage [insert number here again] - Actor A keeps building pace and shags faster, getting ready to semen.

So as a solution to these kind of occurrences, I have personally added different categories, one of which is {VCUM} (Verb-Cum), hence the following lines were added to the synonyms list;

"{VCUM}": [

"cum",

"unload",

"erupt",

"ejaculate",

"burst",

"come",

"release",

"cream",

"shoot",

"get off",

"let flow",

"leak",

"fill"

],

If we replace {CUM} in that example with {VCUM} it fits perfectly, as the sentence itself requires a verb and not a noun. This is not only increasing the diversity, but also allows for easier additions to be made on the message lists. I have actually added HUNDREDS of lines to my own apropos (although, they are all based on my own tastes, so may not be appealing for everybody) and I added more categories like these... It works, and it works really, really well...

I hope I was able to make my point clear.

Ah, ok, yeah, shucks I thought you had come up with a new feature for me to implement....

I had run into the synonym "pollution" problem and that is precisely why I added CUMS CUMMING etc new tags. The existing synonym file does need a bit of cleanup and consolidation and one of things to do is precisely separate out CUM as a verb vs CUM as a thing/substance.

Good point.

Hi gooser,

Can you integrate a bridge with Real Names Mod ?

"Labourer" apropos are sometime funny, but i'd prefer to read the "real name" of the labourer instead in the widget :)

And more generally, are you working on approving the widget that we know each time who is thinking/talking ? I witnessed it's not always obvious.

Ty.

For info, i integrated your mod in a package guide i'm working on :

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/70195-sexlab-working-mods-sets-from-a-normalized-sexual-life-to-a-deviant-sexual-debauchery/?p=1752249

Hi gooser,

Can you integrate a bridge with Real Names Mod ?

"Labourer" apropos are sometime funny, but i'd prefer to read the "real name" of the labourer instead in the widget :)

And more generally, are you working on approving the widget that we know each time who is thinking/talking ? I witnessed it's not always obvious.

Ty.

For info, i integrated your mod in a package guide i'm working on :

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/70195-sexlab-working-mods-sets-from-a-normalized-sexual-life-to-a-deviant-sexual-debauchery/?p=1752249

Barzing, I don't understand - I thought Real Names automatically assigned unique names to generic NPCS like guards and Labourer. Apropos is now using a method to retrieve an actor's name that respects any renaming that may have occurred. Do you see "Labourer" in regular gameplay? If so, then Real Names has probbably not worked on that NPC.

I finally made the leap to SLAL and downloaded a bunch of familiar (and new) anims, mostly from Leito and FunnyBizness, only to find that all the names have changed (no more leitomissionary2, now it's leitomissionaryvar, and so on). Does someone have a central database of correct names?

Some anims will not work with Apropos whatever I do. FB_HentaiBJ for example refuses to display any messages.

Thanks, Gooser, for increasing the number of stages from 7 to 13!

I finally made the leap to SLAL and downloaded a bunch of familiar (and new) anims, mostly from Leito and FunnyBizness, only to find that all the names have changed (no more leitomissionary2, now it's leitomissionaryvar, and so on). Does someone have a central database of correct names?

Some anims will not work with Apropos whatever I do. FB_HentaiBJ for example refuses to display any messages.

Thanks, Gooser, for increasing the number of stages from 7 to 13!

"FB_HentaiBJ"

A lot of the SLAL anims are not properly tagged.

This one uses:

FunnyBizness,Forced,Sex,Aggressive,MF,AggressiveDefault,Blowjob,Dirty,UC

Should use Oral.

The SLATE mod is really good for fixing/correcting tags or just adding what you want. I use it with SLEN so I can add facing and loving tags to missionary and cowgirl ones, those tags being the ones a certain option requires.

You can create your own filters/rules/whatever for SLATE as well, so one that lists blowjob without oral would list that anim and let you add the oral tag to it.

• 3 months later...

Are there no specific FunnyBizness descriptions that people have made?

Not that I have seen.

The sheer volume of animations from Fb might seem daunting.

Still, tag-based descriptions should be working.

Not that I have seen.

The reason I am asking is how some of the FB animations involve multiple acts (some anim tags list oral, vaginal and anal), so it will seem incongruous at times when it switches from one to the other, so a few specific choice ones wouldn't hurt.

That said the only problem is not really writing it from my perspective [just repurposing the same lines, and rephrasing some to suit the scene isn't that a big deal]. It's just that there's theres' no handy direct .hkx file viewer (I tried converting them to .kf files but loading it up at nifskope drew a blank)

Not that I have seen.

The reason I am asking is how some of the FB animations involve multiple acts (some anim tags list oral, vaginal and anal), so it will seem incongruous at times when it switches from one to the other, so a few specific choice ones wouldn't hurt.

That said the only problem is not really writing it from my perspective [just repurposing the same lines, and rephrasing some to suit the scene isn't that a big deal]. It's just that there's theres' no handy direct .hkx file viewer (I tried converting them to .kf files but loading it up at nifskope drew a blank)

If SexLab would support tags on stages, tag based would work for these complex animations. But, alas, no. Creating unique animations is labor intensive as you have to play the animations and take good notes.

Isn't there a pack of preview GIFs that's available on the download page for Shashankie's SLAL pack of FB's animations? I'm not sure if it's up to date though. FunnyBizness and a couple of other animators also usually have animation preview GIFs on their blogs or in the animation thread. 

As a last-ditch, you could try using something like FRAPS and Giphy to make a set of your own, though you'd be amazed at how long that can take just for one animation pack...

Isn't there a pack of preview GIFs that's available on the download page for Shashankie's SLAL pack of FB's animations? I'm not sure if it's up to date though. FunnyBizness and a couple of other animators also usually have animation preview GIFs on their blogs or in the animation thread. 

As a last-ditch, you could try using something like FRAPS and Giphy to make a set of your own, though you'd be amazed at how long that can take just for one animation pack...

I used to just leave skyrim running with the animation I was unique'ifying, but that doesn't leave much room to play/work on anything else while coming up with lines, so the next best thing was recording a clip of the animation, so now I have a whole bank of them.

On animations that change, well, hole, perhaps a file like AnimationPatchups could work, looking like:

{
    "testpack_aoafwm":
    {
        "Stage1": "Handjob",
        "Stage2": "Oral",
        "Stage3": "Vaginal",
        "Stage4": "Vaginal",
        "Stage5": "Vaginal",
        "Stage6": "Vaginal",
        "Stage7": "Oral"
    }
}
If not unique, but has a stage mapping, retrieve FM files based on the map. That'd be a lot cleaner than copy-pasting stages from other files and a lot faster than writing unique lines for each

I used to just leave skyrim running with the animation I was unique'ifying, but that doesn't leave much room to play/work on anything else while coming up with lines, so the next best thing was recording a clip of the animation, so now I have a whole bank of them.

On animations that change, well, hole, perhaps a file like AnimationPatchups could work, looking like:

{
    "testpack_aoafwm":
    {
    }
}
If not unique, but has a stage mapping, retrieve FM files based on the map. That'd be a lot cleaner than copy-pasting stages from other files and a lot faster than writing unique lines for each

Yes, I've thought of something like this before - basically "chunk" the descriptions per stage, and re-use the chunks, instead of copy/paste.

{
    "testpack_aoafwm":
    {
    }
}

Yes, I've thought of something like this before - basically "chunk" the descriptions per stage, and re-use the chunks, instead of copy/paste.

Needs to be extended though to note which actor is doing what to which actor. Otherwise you have the potential of describing the right action but naming the wrong actors. With multiple actors you can also end up with multiple actions.

I does tend to get rather complex.

{
    "testpack_aoafwm":
    {
    }
}

Needs to be extended though to note which actor is doing what to which actor. Otherwise you have the potential of describing the right action but naming the wrong actors. With multiple actors you can also end up with multiple actions.

I does tend to get rather complex.

Yeah, I faced the wrong actor problems when repurposing the FemaleActor_ZynDoublePenetration to MaleActor, as well as leito_cunnilingus, so I just changed the dialogue to reflect the scenes without actor tags or to something congruous (e.g. {PRIMARY} to {WHORE}) to fit the scenes. Though I think gooser mentioned more tighter control for this in Apropos 2.0?

As for preview GIFs of FB anims, there is also a quirk, in that different stages may be visually similar to its preceding one, so that's the reason I was thinking of looking through .hkx files to make sure of this when building up unique animation descriptions [the Apropos system serves as a serendipitous visual mark of stage changes if one were to vidcap the anims through fraps, I guess].

• 2 weeks later...

Gooser.... here is a suggestion for V.2 if it is something that can be implemented...

You currently have "themes" and we can use them in different ways.... weighted for decision making... or in my case they're all set to zero except 1 and I primarily use that one. 

NOW..... let's say we have a special someone in our lives in game... or a small harem (grin). Is there a way to recognize that actor.... or even a custom FACTION... in such a way that Apropos would use a special Theme when dealing with just that actor or faction?

Apropos just adds so much to the game that I can't live without it any more. But in using it I have to say that if I'm dealing with my FRIENDS... or my WIFE... the action descriptions or things that we say to each other would be different from what a Whiterun Guard would be saying to Ysolda as he fucks her senseless in the middle of the market square.

See what I mean?

Gooser.... here is a suggestion for V.2 if it is something that can be implemented...

You currently have "themes" and we can use them in different ways.... weighted for decision making... or in my case they're all set to zero except 1 and I primarily use that one. 

NOW..... let's say we have a special someone in our lives in game... or a small harem (grin). Is there a way to recognize that actor.... or even a custom FACTION... in such a way that Apropos would use a special Theme when dealing with just that actor or faction?

Apropos just adds so much to the game that I can't live without it any more. But in using it I have to say that if I'm dealing with my FRIENDS... or my WIFE... the action descriptions or things that we say to each other would be different from what a Whiterun Guard would be saying to Ysolda as he fucks her senseless in the middle of the market square.

See what I mean?

Hmm In my opinion this feature would be one of the best thing that could be done with this mod.

To be able to recognize an actor would be great but I have a feeling that is kind of hard to program into the mod :(

See what I mean?

Hmm In my opinion this feature would be one of the best thing that could be done with this mod.

To be able to recognize an actor would be great but I have a feeling that is kind of hard to program into the mod :(

If not by actor or faction, possibly using two tags (which I think had been mentioned prior). We already have Aggressive and Not, but if Loving or some other similar tag was recognized that could tie into the theme system.

See what I mean?

If not by actor or faction, possibly using two tags (which I think had been mentioned prior). We already have Aggressive and Not, but if Loving or some other similar tag was recognized that could tie into the theme system.

however if you tag an animation, then that animation would use "loving" or whatever. The tag would be in the animation regardless of who is INVOLVED in the animation. You need to have some means of recognizing an ACTOR... and then using the appropriate theme based on the actor who is involved.

however if you tag an animation, then that animation would use "loving" or whatever. The tag would be in the animation regardless of who is INVOLVED in the animation. You need to have some means of recognizing an ACTOR... and then using the appropriate theme based on the actor who is involved.

I thought since we can already control the animations picked when starting sex, and being able to change the animations if we need it would be a more likely solution. You might also want to use a lot of similar dialog with a harem or large bunch of high-rank friends/lovers and theme-based-on-tags would help with that as well. Picking a theme just by NPC name means you'd have to rename the theme in between playthroughs (not hard) or after a spouse is somehow killed/divorced (also not hard) but it seems limiting to me.

I thought since we can already control the animations picked when starting sex, and being able to change the animations if we need it would be a more likely solution. You might also want to use a lot of similar dialog with a harem or large bunch of high-rank friends/lovers and theme-based-on-tags would help with that as well. Picking a theme just by NPC name means you'd have to rename the theme in between playthroughs (not hard) or after a spouse is somehow killed/divorced (also not hard) but it seems limiting to me.

karlpaws.... you're right, and I see your thinking.....I think.... but if I tell Apropos to use my customized "Loving" theme..... then it would use that for all encounters.... even between other NPCs.

What I'm looking for is probably a way to OVER RIDE the chosen theme. Lets say I have a general Theme used for everyone. Let's say it's called "General".......and Apropos uses that theme to describe everything because I've put a complete set of descriptions in it.

Now I have another Theme called "MyLovers".

It contains a complete set of descriptions as well, but these are edited to be more like what lovers would say. Or the descriptions are more like what lovers would use to describe their action together.

Maybe we have a lesser power (like a shout) that puts our lover into a special "MyLovers" faction or list.

When a sex act starts and Apropos prepares to describe it, a quick check is done of the participants. Are they both in this "MyLovers" list?

If yes....use the Theme called MyLovers

If No...use the default Theme (General in this case)

It's just a thought as I've been doing a lot of customizing for specific NPCs.... like... editing the dialogue of JUGs, just for M'Rissi... and now realizing I'll probably write an entirely new mod to handle specific NPCs and relationships. It would be nice if Apropos could play along :)