Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

2 hours ago, chimiz said:

Oh yeah, that sounds familiar, you're absolutely right. 

Screen space is a tricky subject of course. I know I would like more space for the messages to allow for more length, but at the same time I completely understand that at one point, it might simply take up too much space and be more in the way than not. Would it be possible to have an option to increase the size of the boxes in say the mcm or so, to allow for it? 

I'm not entirely sure where the array thing came from, I think it might be a misconception for me from earlier when I thought that a limit on characters was also imposed due to string arrays.

Yes, i think its possible - just requires work on the actual widget - something I haven't done in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

About time I made a real contribution.

Unique Animations are my jam, and beast stuff my peanut butter, so here's unique files for 17 animations:

B_Wolf_Billyy3p69Anal (Consensual)
B_Wolf_Billyy3pHandjobService (Consensual)
B_Wolf_Billyy3pPiledriver (Consensual and Rape)
B_Wolf_Billyy3pSidewaysSpit (Consensual)
B_Wolf_Billyy3pSpitroast (Consensual and Rape)
B_Wolf_Billyy69 (Consensual)
B_Wolf_BillyyBackBlowjob (Consensual)
B_Wolf_BillyyBlowjob1 (Consensual and Rape)
B_Wolf_BillyyBlowjob2 (Consensual)
B_Wolf_BillyyRockFaceFuck (Consensual and Rape)

EstrusTentacleDouble (Rape)
EstrusTentacleSide (Rape)

MNCgoatvaginal (Consensual)
MNCrabbitSLDvaginal (Consensual)

Anubs_Anub_horse_missionary (Consensual)
NibblesHorseCowgirl (Consensual and Rape)
SRB_HorseCowgirl (Consensual and Rape)

If you want to use all of them, you're gonna need Billyy's Pack(s) for the wolf animations, Estrus Chaurus for the tentacle animations (though they'll also be used in FMEADCLParasitesDEC, etc), MNC SLAL Edition (and my Database Rename for it if you haven't got it already) for the goat and rabbit animations, and finally Anub'sNibble's, and SRB's packs for the horse animations.

Wolves were the main focus, since Billyy's new animations left the existing descriptions really lacking. The Estrus stuff was a fun experiment to see if Apropos was even capable of it. The goat and rabbit I wrote lines for on a whim since it was easily to adapt them from my now defunct skeever stuff. And finally, those horse animations were hella unimmersive with the default vaginal horse lines, but they certainly aren't the only ones, so more soon™. I stuck to 6+ first and second person lines for each major stage, and 2+ third person, so it's not a huge number of lines, but at least it's mostly new material.

Make sure to merge/append the contents of UniqueAnimations.txt and AnimationPatchups.txt to your existing files, then refresh database and apply patchups in game. The only way to get unique masturbation/solo animations (aka the Tentacle animations) to work with Apropos is to tag them with Vaginal/Anal/etc so they get passed to the unique animation system, so those descriptions won't play unless you add the patchup entries and apply them in game.

dbVauria1-0.zip

I gave the extension  question for BF compatability from here a little bit more thought.

First: Dependencies

• I guess for a proper pregnancy detection, at fisrt, we need to know about the pregnancy mod
  • if I understood Apropos correct, it only looks and cares for animation tags ... right?
  • So, this looks like the first obstacle to me
  • Looking for one mod like BF might be ok, but there are quite a few  more. I don't know if there is something common among them? Otherwise we may need to come up with something like a common sense pregnancy-tagging system

Second: smart content

• Apropos woud need to detect the status of the female cycle and eventually an ongoing pregnancy
  • Othwerwise our text-snippets would not match the players point of view
  • A comment like "I hope he doesn'r cum in me, I'm fertile" while the player IS already pregnant is nonsense
  • sounds again we would need again a common sense female cycle & pregnancy tagging system

So far, I havn't heard of something like that along the lines. That's a pity, but it is.

Next question would be, if Apropos is usable to watch out for anything else then animation tags?

BUT: if the technical detection issues have any chance to be solvable, I will gladly devote myself to write up some proper content for the text-snippets :smile:

47 minutes ago, worik said:

I gave the extension  question for BF compatability from here a little bit more thought.

First: Dependencies

• I guess for a proper pregnancy detection, at fisrt, we need to know about the pregnancy mod
  • if I understood Apropos correct, it only looks and cares for animation tags ... right?
  • So, this looks like the first obstacle to me
  • Looking for one mod like BF might be ok, but there are quite a few  more. I don't know if there is something common among them? Otherwise we may need to come up with something like a common sense pregnancy-tagging system

Second: smart content

• Apropos woud need to detect the status of the female cycle and eventually an ongoing pregnancy
  • Othwerwise our text-snippets would not match the players point of view
  • A comment like "I hope he doesn'r cum in me, I'm fertile" while the player IS already pregnant is nonsense
  • sounds again we would need again a common sense female cycle & pregnancy tagging system

So far, I havn't heard of something like that along the lines. That's a pity, but it is.

Next question would be, if Apropos is usable to watch out for anything else then animation tags?

BUT: if the technical detection issues have any chance to be solvable, I will gladly devote myself to write up some proper content for the text-snippets :smile:

Interesting idea.

But I dont think we can have Apropos take BF as a dependency, but need some other kind of integration. Not everyone uses BF. I've never used BF.

I'm currently in the middle of a SexLab Hentai Pregnancy rewrite (named: Hentai Insemination) and it is going to be released against the current Apropos Classic. I put all my Apropos2 work on hold to continue working on this - something I started about two years ago. 

Hentai Insemination integrates with Apropos loosely - it doesn't know about HI. The inverse is true - HI knows about Apropos, but still doesn't take on a direct dependency.

Currently HI will use Apropos to display messages, but HI generates the messages, not Apropos; Apropos is just a display system.

If someone wanted to integrate BF and Apropos- they would need to create a new mod - or modify BF, and in that mod (or mod extension) make loose calls to Apropos to display messages.

17 minutes ago, CrimsonOmegaLance said:

Hey just wondering if i forgot a step somewhere.

I updated the synonyms txt file. Ran it through json and verified it looked okay, then ran the update database in game.  But whenever messages appear, no synonyms are appearing.

Is there something else I need to do to get the updated file to appear in game?

Hit the [Refresh] button in the Messages section in MCM.

9 hours ago, LewdBug said:

Sorry Gooser, I know this isn't exactly the place to ask, but if I may, what is the current status of HI? Or, what can you tell us about it as it stands? If there is a proper forum to ask about this in, I don't know of it.

I'm going to estimate about 75% done. I'm actually testing it in game and trying to smooth out the rough edges. I had put into my load order SexLab Separate Orgasm - and that just complicated my setup. I've just now removed it and hopefully that will simplify everything. Too ambitious I'm afraid. Sexlab Hentai Insemination currently supports both orgasm event models (SexLab's, and SSO's), but I'm probably going to do the most testing without SSO.

57 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Is there a best of summary of this thread? I was sorting through the attachments and realized there were a ton of redundancies... Maybe someone kept a running tab? Or can you see all files in a thread in a list? Something? lol

I made one not too long ago:

On 5/10/2017 at 12:30 PM, Vauria said:

You won't find much in this thread that hasn't already been integrated into the Official DB that comes with Apropos, only exceptions I can think of are Zoranus' descriptions for a couple of Unique Animations (which I was surprised to find aren't in the OfficalDB) and 2dr0b's 3PP Rewrite.

And then here's everything since then:

On 6/23/2017 at 8:41 PM, darthmaulbm said:
On 6/23/2017 at 4:59 PM, darthmaulbm said:

Got a question for you gooser:

I've been reworking the 1st person descriptions for the unique animations to work from a male perspective and i'd like to know if I can port those descriptions to X when it's released because It is a lot of work and i'd rather not have to go through it again.

these are the files in case anyone wants them.

Rape and con lines are mixed  and I changed a line or two when i thought I could do a better job but for the most part I just rewrote the male/female uniques to be from a male perspective rather than a female one.

db.7z

On 12/12/2017 at 2:19 PM, Vauria said:

About time I made a real contribution.

Unique Animations are my jam, and beast stuff my peanut butter, so here's unique files for 17 animations.

If you want to use all of them, you're gonna need Billyy's Pack(s) for the wolf animations, Estrus Chaurus for the tentacle animations (though they'll also be used in FMEADCLParasitesDEC, etc), MNC SLAL Edition (and my Database Rename for it if you haven't got it already) for the goat and rabbit animations, and finally Anub'sNibble's, and SRB's packs for the horse animations.

Wolves were the main focus, since Billyy's new animations left the existing descriptions really lacking. The Estrus stuff was a fun experiment to see if Apropos was even capable of it. The goat and rabbit I wrote lines for on a whim since it was easily to adapt them from my now defunct skeever stuff. And finally, those horse animations were hella unimmersive with the default vaginal horse lines, but they certainly aren't the only ones, so more soon™. I stuck to 6+ first and second person lines for each major stage, and 2+ third person, so it's not a huge number of lines, but at least it's mostly new material.

Make sure to merge/append the contents of UniqueAnimations.txt and AnimationPatchups.txt to your existing files, then refresh database and apply patchups in game. The only way to get unique masturbation/solo animations (aka the Tentacle animations) to work with Apropos is to tag them with Vaginal/Anal/etc so they get passed to the unique animation system, so those descriptions won't play unless you add the patchup entries and apply them in game.

dbVauria1-0.zip

• 2 weeks later...

This is a kind of a request, a bit of a request on update on this subject and maybe a request of explanation, so I guess this is the best place to ask this.(?)

I know it has been asked a couple of times, but what is the current situation on MalePC/FemaleCreature? Is it just not happening, has somebody already done it, is someone doing it? I don't mind writing all the lines by myself if have to be, but a script that supports this would be nice. Seeing as you gooser are working on another project, it's likely we won't be getting apropos related updates from you for some time. SO the request part is: Can someone add support for MalePC/FemaleCreature? I've seen some people claim (can't find them anymore thou...) that they had made some script/version that does work. Also others have added some other support to apropos by adding or changing the scripts. I'm not any programming savvy, so I can't really do it myself and that also takes me to the last part of this post:

Is it just simply impossible/too difficult/too time consuming?

5 hours ago, Hergotzer said:

This is a kind of a request, a bit of a request on update on this subject and maybe a request of explanation, so I guess this is the best place to ask this.(?)

I know it has been asked a couple of times, but what is the current situation on MalePC/FemaleCreature? Is it just not happening, has somebody already done it, is someone doing it? I don't mind writing all the lines by myself if have to be, but a script that supports this would be nice. Seeing as you gooser are working on another project, it's likely we won't be getting apropos related updates from you for some time. SO the request part is: Can someone add support for MalePC/FemaleCreature? I've seen some people claim (can't find them anymore thou...) that they had made some script/version that does work. Also others have added some other support to apropos by adding or changing the scripts. I'm not any programming savvy, so I can't really do it myself and that also takes me to the last part of this post:

Is it just simply impossible/too difficult/too time consuming?

MalePC/FemaleCreature ? that I have not heard mentioned before. Mostly M/M and F/F.

Seems REALLY niche since there are very few animations that really have female creatures - Spriggans and female werewolves come to mind, ... are there more?

4 hours ago, gooser said:

MalePC/FemaleCreature ? that I have not heard mentioned before. Mostly M/M and F/F.

Seems REALLY niche since there are very few animations that really have female creatures - Spriggans and female werewolves come to mind, ... are there more?

Not to my knowledge, everything else I can think of is handled as an actor like female dremora.There ARE female horses ingame but I don't think they are actualy gendered mecanics wise.There are also female vamp lords but in the base game thats only the player.

7 hours ago, gooser said:

There are quite a lot, if one's tedious enough to look. Like, very dedicated. Look hard enough and you may find some disturbing stuff. Maybe the most known mod that adds creature animations is More Nasty Critters. It adds animations for most of the creatures, animals and monsters as well as other stuff. ZazAnimation packs also add some animations both for female and male. Of course, even if one looks very deep they can't find anywhere close as much animations for creatures, even less Male/FemCreature, as normal human animations. It's a niche category, yes. Which is why I feel that making apropos compatible for them may be asking quite a lot for such a small target group. I'd like to know, though, is it possible? I may look into learning programming to make the scripts myself, but knowing if there's some weird obstacles of doing so would be nice.

3 hours ago, darthmaulbm said:

Not to my knowledge, everything else I can think of is handled as an actor like female dremora.There ARE female horses ingame but I don't think they are actualy gendered mecanics wise.There are also female vamp lords but in the base game thats only the player.

I guess most people aren't into that stuff... Understandable though. 

Buuuuut.... there's a lot more than female dremora and horses. The weird people of loverslab have made animations and in some cases new models for pretty much every creature in the game. I still have shudders when I stumbled onto a topic about making nude female draugr models... oh god. It was somehow amusing and frightening at the same time. 

But yes, there's something to almost every creature in the game. You just have to look into it a bit. A couple of years ago there was very little about this but lately I've seen a bit of a "surge" in content.

29 minutes ago, Hergotzer said:

I guess most people aren't into that stuff... Understandable though. 

Buuuuut.... there's a lot more than female dremora and horses. The weird people of loverslab have made animations and in some cases new models for pretty much every creature in the game. I still have shudders when I stumbled onto a topic about making nude female draugr models... oh god. It was somehow amusing and frightening at the same time. 

But yes, there's something to almost every creature in the game. You just have to look into it a bit. A couple of years ago there was very little about this but lately I've seen a bit of a "surge" in content.

True but most base game creatures are male or genderless.with the exception being those me and gooser listed.Creature animations themselves are common enough but nearly all of them involve male creatures rather than the female creatures you were asking about.

10 minutes ago, darthmaulbm said:

True but most base game creatures are male or genderless.with the exception being those me and gooser listed.Creature animations themselves are common enough but nearly all of them involve male creatures rather than the female creatures you were asking about.

Doesn't Sexlab add different genders to creatures though?

36 minutes ago, Hergotzer said:

Doesn't Sexlab add different genders to creatures though?

No.It just reads the creatures gender like it does for humanoids.You can force it to assign a gender to a selected actor but the model will stay the original gender just be treated as if it was female.And without animations for that gender/creature combination even that won't mean much.

7 minutes ago, darthmaulbm said:

No.It just reads the creatures gender like it does for humanoids.You can force it to assign a gender to a selected actor but the model will stay the original gender just be treated as if it was female.And without animations for that gender/creature combination even that won't mean much.

Oh, you meant gender-based models. True, only a couple creatures exist which have female models, but as far as I can tell, the gender neutral creatures can be used equally for male and female animations because, well, they're genderless. The creatures that have only male models have mods that either convert all to female or add female versions to spawnlists. At least I can't think of any creature that doesn't have either genderless model to begin with or that hasn't received a female model mod. 

Also, about the models switching, there's a mod called Creature Framework that does that. It can assign any creature to use different models during animations, and the player can choose which mod's model they want the creature to use. With some tinkering it can be used to automatically read the creature's gender and assign the correct model for it. 

3 minutes ago, Hergotzer said:

Oh, you meant gender-based models. True, only a couple creatures exist which have female models, but as far as I can tell, the gender neutral creatures can be used equally for male and female animations because, well, they're genderless. The creatures that have only male models have mods that either convert all to female or add female versions to spawnlists. At least I can't think of any creature that doesn't have either genderless model to begin with or that hasn't received a female model mod. 

Also, about the models switching, there's a mod called Creature Framework that does that. It can assign any creature to use different models during animations, and the player can choose which mod's model they want the creature to use. With some tinkering it can be used to automatically read the creature's gender and assign the correct model for it. 

yes i've used the creature framework before.I was talking about models in the base game up there.Creature framework doesn't have a terribly large number of models per creature anyway or at least it didn't last time i used it about a year ago.As for the gender neutral creatures yes it can be done but it would take some mental ginastics for most of them since they completely lack sexual caracteristics.Though as for your original question about apropos handling maleactor/femalecreature you will likely have to wait for apropos 2 for that.I asked something similar a while back about malecreatureactor/female and I believe he said it was impossible as it sits.

1 minute ago, darthmaulbm said:

yes i've used the creature framework before.I was talking about models in the base game up there.Creature framework doesn't have a terribly large number of models per creature anyway or at least it didn't last time i used it about a year ago.As for the gender neutral creatures yes it can be done but it would take some mental ginastics for most of them since they completely lack sexual caracteristics.Though as for your original question about apropos handling maleactor/femalecreature you will likely have to wait for apropos 2 for that.I asked something similar a while back about malecreatureactor/female and I believe he said it was impossible as it sits.

Welp, I guess I'll just wait then. 

13 minutes ago, Hergotzer said:

Welp, I guess I'll just wait then. 

Have you tried the unique animation system? I don't have a male PC to test it with, but I'm pretty sure Apropos Supports unique animations from the male perspective. If you want to write lines for MaleActor_MNCAtronachmis I can't think of any reason why Apropos wouldn't play them, unless it hits a creature check for Male PCs and returns too soon—

ElseIf !isLesbianSex && !isCreatureSex && isPrimaryMale && !isGaySex

Oh, well that's a shame. Would only take editing these two lines to allow playing unique animations as far as I can tell.

3 minutes ago, Vauria said:

Have you tried the unique animation system? I don't have a male PC to test it with, but I'm pretty sure Apropos Supports unique animations from the male perspective. If you want to write lines for MaleActor_MNCAtronachmis I can't think of any reason why Apropos wouldn't play them, unless it hits a creature check for Male PCs and returns too soon—

Oh, well that's a shame. Would only take editing these two lines to allow playing unique animations as far as I can tell.

I've tried the unique animation system but they just simply do nothing. Any other male perspective animation works but if its a creature animation... nope. Nothing. Also I had problems finding the animation name needed for apropos to recognize it.

I may be a bit dense here but I didn't get what you meant with editing the lines. Like I said, I haven't really edited any scripts so... is that line supposed to be what I'm looking for, and if so, in where? Or am I supposed to add that line into a script?

10 minutes ago, Hergotzer said:

I've tried the unique animation system but they just simply do nothing. Any other male perspective animation works but if its a creature animation... nope. Nothing. Also I had problems finding the animation name needed for apropos to recognize it.

I may be a bit dense here but I didn't get what you meant with editing the lines. Like I said, I haven't really edited any scripts so... is that line supposed to be what I'm looking for, and if so, in where? Or am I supposed to add that line into a script?

Ah, no worries, I'll break it down.

When Apropos goes to describe a scene, it has to do a bunch of checks to determine which lines it should play. It first checks if the player character is female, and if they are, finds out if it's F/M, F/F, or F/C. After that, it runs that line I pasted, to check if it should do anything at all for a Male character, but the issue is that it also checks if there's a creature involved, so it doesn't do anything if there is. So at the moment, even if you got the animation names needed for unique files (which isn't too hard by the way), Apropos won't even make it to the point of checking if you got the name right.

Theoretically, just removing that && !isCreatureSex part from the two places where this check is made would allow you to play your unique animation files, but with no experience, editing papyrus script files is a pain. It wouldn't really be worth trying to do it yourself, but if you start writing lines to make use of the feature, that'd be a good reason for gooser to make the change himself.

8 minutes ago, Vauria said:

Ah, no worries, I'll break it down.

When Apropos goes to describe a scene, it has to do a bunch of checks to determine which lines it should play. It first checks if the player character is female, and if they are, finds out if it's F/M, F/F, or F/C. After that, it runs that line I pasted, to check if it should do anything at all for a Male character, but the issue is that it also checks if there's a creature involved, so it doesn't do anything if there is. So at the moment, even if you got the animation names needed for unique files (which isn't too hard by the way), Apropos won't even make it to the point of checking if you got the name right.

Theoretically, just removing that && !isCreatureSex part from the two places where this check is made would allow you to play your unique animation files, but with no experience, editing papyrus script files is a pain. It wouldn't really be worth trying to do it yourself, but if you start writing lines to make use of the feature, that'd be a good reason for gooser to make the change himself.

This cleared it out! Thanks, I just though the mod did the same check-up for both male and female character but I guess it really is made female characters in mind? Well, I'll try if I can find something. 

4 hours ago, Hergotzer said:

This cleared it out! Thanks, I just though the mod did the same check-up for both male and female character but I guess it really is made female characters in mind? Well, I'll try if I can find something. 

Yes, historically, Apropos was based on a old young mod, back then it was called "SexLab Describe", and it was totally oriented towards Female PC's, and that line still runs as the main emphasis -probably because of my preferences. Feel free to edit the code to make this work - but when it comes to major Apropos enhancements, my work in is a new line of code - Apropos 2 (and Hentai Insemination) - which is almost a rewrite. The changes to make Apropos Classic recognize Male PC with female creatures probably won't be compatible plus I am considering a wider range of scenarios - like Female aggressors, for example. I had not thought of Male PC and Female creatures, well, because its not my thing ;)  and I have never read anyone ask for it (but could have missed it).

Btw, I mod with almost all the SLAL packs - including Billyy and Anubs, so I am fairly aware of what is coming out - I usually read the json files right away when those are released.
For instance, I tweaked Apropos Classic (just locally) to support DwarvenSpider, DwarvenSphere, Ballista, Centurion and DragonPriest ... because of ... Billyy...