Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

• 1 month later...

Still alive!

Haven't posted anything in a long time, because my PC died and I went back and forth on whether I could be bothered buying and setting up a new one. Then I spent a while moving important files to my laptop, setting up Skyrim on that, and learning to use MO...

Anyway, I haven't been idle. Post #3 updated, big overhaul.

And I bring you... LESS CONTENT! That's right, I've gutted the generic files form MF to remove lines that are more animation dependant. Like lines that mention 'spread legs' that might run on an animation where legs are clearly not spread, that kind of thing. The old content will find its way into appropriate unique animation files.

I also added a lot of lines to W&T decrease, to prompt sexual behaviour. 1st party only, when I have a spare 20 min I'll convert it to 2nd person as well.

I also wrote unique animation files for all the current troll animations. Some animations had their tags changed between vaginal and anal for various reasons.

Also, I vaguely remember someone mentioning that the db needs to currently be slapped in the BDSM folder? I imagine this is a temporary situation, so I haven't bothered restructuring the db folder for now, though that can easily be done if necessary.

Still alive!

Haven't posted anything in a long time, because my PC died and I went back and forth on whether I could be bothered buying and setting up a new one. Then I spent a while moving important files to my laptop, setting up Skyrim on that, and learning to use MO...

Anyway, I haven't been idle. Post #3 updated, big overhaul.

And I bring you... LESS CONTENT! That's right, I've gutted the generic files form MF to remove lines that are more animation dependant. Like lines that mention 'spread legs' that might run on an animation where legs are clearly not spread, that kind of thing. The old content will find its way into appropriate unique animation files.

I also added a lot of lines to W&T decrease, to prompt sexual behaviour. 1st party only, when I have a spare 20 min I'll convert it to 2nd person as well.

I also wrote unique animation files for all the current troll animations. Some animations had their tags changed between vaginal and anal for various reasons.

Also, I vaguely remember someone mentioning that the db needs to currently be slapped in the BDSM folder? I imagine this is a temporary situation, so I haven't bothered restructuring the db folder for now, though that can easily be done if necessary.

Welcome back, m80. Looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed when my female pc is getting pleasured orally that the mod plays lines as if she was pleasuring a male orally rather than the reverse. Also I notice there are few lines for lesbian sex.

Also could there be more violent/rape lines for humanoids. I know there are a few and thank you for them. However, some seem a bit tame, considering some of the new animations.

Thank you.

I have noticed when my female pc is getting pleasured orally that the mod plays lines as if she was pleasuring a male orally rather than the reverse. Also I notice there are few lines for lesbian sex.

Also could there be more violent/rape lines for humanoids. I know there are a few and thank you for them. However, some seem a bit tame, considering some of the new animations.

Thank you.

I think male on female and female on male is planned for the next update.

Thank you.

I think male on female and female on male is planned for the next update.

Excellent! 

Thank you!

Cool mod! An idea I was wondering if you had considered is a sort of "mental" wear-and-tear whereby a character becomes more submissive the more/rougher sex they have? I noticed that some of the Rape messages, for instance, involve the victim begrudgingly enjoying themselves. If these types of messages were gated/filtered by the character's willpower ("mental wear-and-tear") I think it could provide an opportunity for many entertaining "hardcore" messages without muddying the normal pool of messages (assuming the level of mental wear could be gated in MCM or disabled entirely for players who want a more vanilla experience).

Technically, I imagine this would work by adding various messages to the different animations which require a certain level of mental wear to be included in the random selection. I'm not familiar with how Apropos works though so maybe that's impossible.

On a totally different note: is it a significant challenge to the framework to add Femdom and Male/male messages, or has simply no one written content for them? I ask because I know that type of content isn't really popular, so I wasn't sure if it was being intentionally excluded or is simply a low/non-priority for the current mod authors.

Thanks!

is it a significant challenge to the framework to add Femdom and Male/male messages, or has simply no one written content for them? I ask because I know that type of content isn't really popular, so I wasn't sure if it was being intentionally excluded or is simply a low/non-priority for the current mod authors.

Thanks!

Apropos cannot yet handle Male/male messages. This is a technical issue to do with assigning active and passive roles. Gooser hopes to implement MM in the future, but Sexlab itself imposes limitations (as is clear from FF messages).

Femdom is entirely possible, but to my knowledge no one has posted messages on that theme here. It is not hard to do yourself. I have written some for the great anubFemdom animation (which was clearly made for that theme).

Apropos cannot yet handle Male/male messages. This is a technical issue to do with assigning active and passive roles. Gooser hopes to implement MM in the future, but Sexlab itself imposes limitations (as is clear from FF messages).

Femdom is entirely possible, but to my knowledge no one has posted messages on that theme here. It is not hard to do yourself. I have written some for the great anubFemdom animation (which was clearly made for that theme).

Ah, okay. I can see how the active/passive roles could be a problem.

Is Femdom limited to specific animations, or could I overwrite some of the general MF messages. For example, if I wanted MaleActor_Female_Anal to be strapon-themed (instead of the male penetrating), could I just rewrite that .txt as such? Or would this run into the same active/passive issue?

Thanks for the help!

I take it you are asking whether you can switch the active and passive roles between M and F. I have not tried it myself, but I think you can because it once happened to me (in the game, not RL!) purely by accident. You would write a text where {ACTIVE} would bear the woman's name, and {PRIMARY} the man's. Give it a try and see if works. It is possible that it might work sometimes and not others by pure chance (as is the case with FF messages, where {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} are utterly meaningless to Sexlab).

Perfect, thanks! I decided to tinker by taking the entire FemaleActor_Male message folder, applying a judicious series of Find/Replaces and Synonym adjustments, and then replacing the MaleActor_Female folder appropriately. With the exception of a few awkward lines, this effectively generates the femdom content I was hoping for. There is a hiccup with my character being  both the {ACTIVE} (for being male) and {PRIMARY} (because the female is using a strapon), but I'm not sure if that can be fixed due to the overarching active/passive role issue. In the meantime, I've simply replaced {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} with Synonyms containing my character name and a general dominant title respectively.

Now that I understand how the mod works a bit better, I was hoping to write a proper custom message. I was planning to start with the Zaz Spanking animation, but noticed that it has the "Spank" tag. Is it possible for me to write messages that would apply to any spanking animation (MaleActor_Female_Spank.txt ?) or do I need to find the exact registry name for the animation I'm working with?

Ah, okay. I can see how the active/passive roles could be a problem.

Is Femdom limited to specific animations, or could I overwrite some of the general MF messages. For example, if I wanted MaleActor_Female_Anal to be strapon-themed (instead of the male penetrating), could I just rewrite that .txt as such? Or would this run into the same active/passive issue?

Thanks for the help!

I take it you are asking whether you can switch the active and passive roles between M and F. I have not tried it myself, but I think you can because it once happened to me (in the game, not RL!) purely by accident. You would write a text where {ACTIVE} would bear the woman's name, and {PRIMARY} the man's. Give it a try and see if works. It is possible that it might work sometimes and not others by pure chance (as is the case with FF messages, where {PRIMARY} and {ACTIVE} are utterly meaningless to Sexlab).

You can certainly write them how you want, the two problems are in the animation launching part and the Apropos handling part.

Many mods let you specify if the PC or the female is the giver or receiver, and there is always the swap actors hotkey. but Apropos at this time does not check if you are in a MF or FM setting, it just uses the file for that animation, if unique, or a file fitting one of the supported tags.  If all of your sexual interaction was female on female or female pegging male, you could just flip the active and primary synonyms in the files and put in which ever pegging verbs you wanted, and it would work as is.  The problem would be if you have some consensual girl on bottom and some guy on top settings, or sometimes she is getting raped and some times she's getting payback.

Looks like you got this, but I'll post anyway....

and I think spank isn't one of the recognized tags, so you would not be able to do a general spank file like blowjob or boobjob, and would have to write a file for each animation as a unique_animation.

• 3 weeks later...

So hey @Decauk any idea why (Dog) Panicnew still refuses to show messages? It has its own folder in the latest update with descriptors, it's mentioned in AnimationPatchups.txt and UniqueAnimations.txt, patchups have been run and synonyms whatever just in case and it returns nothing, and I think it's the only animation that doesn't. I suspect it might not be Apropos fault as finishing Panicnew orgasm doesn't give arousal decrease for PC either.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone writing their own messages, there is a new mod on Nexus called Simply Knock that lets you knock on doors of houses and be admitted without being asked to leave. You can even sleep in beds if the homeowner likes you. The mod works great with Sexlab and I am now writing Aprpopos messages to fit the new possibilities that Simply Knock opens. It is a great mod and should be on the horizons of all Apropos users.

For anyone writing their own messages, there is a new mod on Nexus called Simply Knock that lets you knock on doors of houses and be admitted without being asked to leave. You can even sleep in beds if the homeowner likes you. The mod works great with Sexlab and I am now writing Aprpopos messages to fit the new possibilities that Simply Knock opens. It is a great mod and should be on the horizons of all Apropos users.

I don't understand how it works with SexLab - can you explain what happens ?

I saw the mod too, and I would not say it works directly with Sexlab.

You are able to activate a locked door that leads to an interior cell from an exterior... essentially any house or shop door but not a door in a dungeon leading further in or to a loot room/dead end.

You get a prompt to knock, unlock or leave. The mod is able to figure out where the door leads (supposedly the new breakthough this mod has) and determine if the person is home or not. You then get a persuasion check to see if they will let you in or not, people friendly after you have done a favor, etc, will always let you in. Supposedly it will change their AI package so they stay awake while you are there (presumably so you cannot just vampire feed on them or rob them blind) but you are able to use their bed.

The indirect part for Sexlab, and this mod in particular is that you have a bunch of special, predetermined scenarios with a known setup... visiting a lover in the dark of night, in their own home, potentially for extramarital shenanigans.

Too bad there isn't a way to select that as a scenario and get messages exactly for that (but that would be quite hard to detect unless there was a pop-up menu we could trigger as sex starts, letting us pick the message category the way some mods let you select the animation).

When I said it "works great with sexlab", I wasn't thinking in computer software terms, but in terms of fantasy. You knock on a door, you enter a house... you are not asked to leave (what a turnoff that line "leave now! leave now!" always was). This one simple change  has huge sexlab (and especially Apropos) potential because:

1) when you knock on the door, you have two options to gain entrance: persuade and intimidate. My player character is the persuade type, but if you are into aggressive anims, you have options there that I need not spell out (other than to say I prefer my options)

2) Once you are inside, you are not asked to leave. (How tiresome was that old refrain "leave now"). With Apropos you can write messages for foreplay along the lines of:

i) "'Dragonborn! what are you doing here?' 'Can't you guess? I'm here to fuck you!'" or

ii) "'Dovahkiin! At last you're here! We have to be quick! Vernon is upstairs snoring! Lie down there... by the fire!'"

That is what I meant by "works great with". No doubt Gooser and Decauk can do much better, seeing things I cannot. But this mod does have potential. It has already changed the way I use sexlab and Apropos.

Much looking forward to the new Apropos btw!

I think I'm gonna rewrite WerewolfDoggystyle as vaginal instead of anal. Using CBBE and the ARW models (the ones the animation was made for), and due to the placement of the hand around the waist, it's not really viable to alter the positions of the actors to make this look like anal, penetration is just too low without the hand clipping.

I was simply gonna wait for you to release the new version and fiddle with the tags myself, rather than bother you with it, but if you're asking, there it is.

I noticed that many (perhaps even most) of the animation tagged as "anal" are actually vaginal. Its like someone thought that all doggy-style positions were automatically anal. As if people only did anal when they do doggy-style. Its rather weird, I just assumed that whoever did it had an anal fetish. Glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice, lol.