I seem to have a problem with SlaveTats, and it's not a game breaking one, but it is annoying, and hopefully somebody can tell me I'm just being stupid and help me fix it. ^.^

My problem: Extra packs aren't registering...kinda. I have one pack, the coenaculi, and it loads a total of four of it's tattoos, the nail polishes, the rest don't show up. I then installed a makeup pack from the slavetat download section, and none of them are showing up. Mods that include slavetats show up, but the separate packs themselves seem not to.

I'm super new to modding(as in, just started around last week) so, could anyone tell me what might cause this? Would super appreciate it. ^.^

36 minutes ago, NeopolitanNeko said:

I seem to have a problem with SlaveTats, and it's not a game breaking one, but it is annoying, and hopefully somebody can tell me I'm just being stupid and help me fix it. ^.^

My problem: Extra packs aren't registering...kinda. I have one pack, the coenaculi, and it loads a total of four of it's tattoos, the nail polishes, the rest don't show up. I then installed a makeup pack from the slavetat download section, and none of them are showing up. Mods that include slavetats show up, but the separate packs themselves seem not to.

I'm super new to modding(as in, just started around last week) so, could anyone tell me what might cause this? Would super appreciate it. ^.^

You are probably installing the packs wrong.

Make sure the .json of the pack you're tryting to install is located in Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats (starting from your data folder) and the folder containing the tattoos is in the respective subfolder at the same location.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, Alter Native said:

You are probably installing the packs wrong.

Make sure the .json of the pack you're tryting to install is located in Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats (starting from your data folder) and the folder containing the tattoos is in the respective subfolder at the same location.

I use MO which is supposed to do it automatically. But I'll try putting them in the proper place manually. Thanks. ^.^

Edit: Manually placing them myself worked partially, but at least it's registering more than it was. Still not getting the face ones though.

Does anyone know why this happens?

I have a feet texture:

Spoiler

footdds.jpg

And when I apply it in-game, the toenails are not painted.

Spoiler

feet_bare.jpg

But if I equip anything with high heels, the nails suddenly become painted.

Spoiler

feet_covered.jpg

I'm pretty sure this isn't a slavetats issue, it's probably a racemenu / equippable transform problem, but I figured I'd ask here because it does involve slavetats. ;)

Not a huge problem, it's not like I look at my feet very often, but it's got me scratching my head.

1 hour ago, Content Consumer said:

Does anyone know why this happens?

I have a feet texture:

Reveal hidden contents

footdds.jpg

And when I apply it in-game, the toenails are not painted.

Reveal hidden contents

feet_bare.jpg

But if I equip anything with high heels, the nails suddenly become painted.

Reveal hidden contents

feet_covered.jpg

I'm pretty sure this isn't a slavetats issue, it's probably a racemenu / equippable transform problem, but I figured I'd ask here because it does involve slavetats. ;)

Not a huge problem, it's not like I look at my feet very often, but it's got me scratching my head.

If you are using uunp the foot mesh has a separate toe nail mesh that covers the part where the tats would be applied. The high heel mesh probably doesn't so the nails show just fine.

6 hours ago, SuperNixon said:

If you are using uunp the foot mesh has a separate toe nail mesh that covers the part where the tats would be applied. The high heel mesh probably doesn't so the nails show just fine.

Seriously?

Okay, is there any way to fix it? I'm assuming that even though it's a unique foot mesh just for UUNP it still uses the same body texture for slavetats, so do I need to add a second overlay just for the new mesh, and where on the body texture are the new nails located?

EDIT: Waaaaiiiiit a second... is it here? Like, do I need to paint both the blue-circled and red-circled areas?

Spoiler

imug.jpg

Apparently foot mesh with nail issue has been a thing in the past. Someone explained it to me once, but I forgot the details.

Basically some foot mesh works with nail paint out of the box, some needs extra work (which I never figured it out), and there seems to be more of them floating around lately than ever.

Try this set if you are using UUNP, they might be different shape than the ones you have tho.

...now to figure out the tie in to hdt collision

6 hours ago, Content Consumer said:

Seriously?

Okay, is there any way to fix it? I'm assuming that even though it's a unique foot mesh just for UUNP it still uses the same body texture for slavetats, so do I need to add a second overlay just for the new mesh, and where on the body texture are the new nails located?

EDIT: Waaaaiiiiit a second... is it here? Like, do I need to paint both the blue-circled and red-circled areas?

Reveal hidden contents

imug.jpg

The short version: I don't think there is a way to fix it without either a: removing the "nails" shape from the foot itself or b: modifying slavetats and how it works.

The long version with some theorycraft on my part: Slave tats applies the tattoo to the part called feet in the nif. It doesn't apply the tats to the part of the nif called nails. You could load the nif in nifskope or outfit studio and remove the nail shape and then the tattoo would show on the toenails. This is the reason why toenail tats work on cbbe feet and not uunp; cbbe feet don't have the separate "nails" shape but uses the same feet shape name for the base foot so tats apply the same way but with no obstruction from the additional shape. Technically the tat is applying to the uunp foot but is covered by the nails shape. I don't know if there is a way to apply slave tats correctly without removing the toenail shape from the object itself since I think slavetats applies the tat only to the base foot shape and doen't know to apply also to the nail shape which, while using the same texture as the base foot object, is a separate skinned object. That could make it impossible to make nail tats from showing without removal. In order for slavetats to correctly apply the nail polish to the uunp foot it would need a separate category and script modification (I'm guessing) for the nail shape.

Pic of nif in nifskope:

Nifpic.jpg.26a434730dc5694eeecd886e8a727a07.jpg

i play Skyrim SE but i have an issue with slavetats: does anyone know how i can activate the overlays? one had once said that I should change something in the skee64.ini, I've looked at myself and I just do not get it smart because I simply do not find an "enable body overlay" or am I doing something generally wrong? Please help!

here is the Datapath of the .ini i hope its the right one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins

PS: English is not my Native language
On 8/19/2018 at 1:20 AM, AnnaShapard said:
i play Skyrim SE but i have an issue with slavetats: does anyone know how i can activate the overlays? one had once said that I should change something in the skee64.ini, I've looked at myself and I just do not get it smart because I simply do not find an "enable body overlay" or am I doing something generally wrong? Please help!

here is the Datapath of the .ini i hope its the right one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins

PS: English is not my Native language

First be sure you have the last version of RaceMenu for SE updated this month.

In previous version the overlays not work.

Second install SlaveTats for SE. I'm not sure if the original version of SlaveTats work in SE.

17 minutes ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Is there any mod which lets me tint/tat palms and heels orange/redish ?

The colors in SlaveTats are a bit limited because the game not have any color picker.

The way used by SlaveTats come from a color option in SkyUi and only have that 16 colors.

The only solution is use RaceMenu for change the exact color of the SlaveTats tats because RaceMenu have a color picker with all the spectre color. The color are permanent, persist when load game, but you can lost it if change any other tat with SlaveTats, because SlaveTats put the original color.

On 8/13/2018 at 10:15 AM, Tron91 said:

SlaveTats SE Port

Here you go, all tat packs from oldrim are compatible as well.

I got Racemenu tattoos working for myself, I install this so I can apply it to my followers and then all my Bijin NPCs and custom followers turned ugly, like vanilla characters, ugh didn't even bother to try the mod. Would appreciate any suggestion. Yes I'm using latest Racemenu version from Nexus

9 hours ago, snipers69 said:

Instaled the tattoo pack file and load up the game only to be greeted by a shit ton of lag and a motherfucking dragon clipping through the wall.

Since this mod does nothing with dragons at all I'd say you did more than just install the tattoo pack.  This mod literally does not touch dragons so one clipping through a wall is not going to be caused by this mod. 

So I recommend you look again, there's something else going on that you've missed and I hope you can find it.

6 hours ago, Noobley_1 said:

Hey I have installed this correctly but when i go into my racemenu and go to my paints and press "t", nothing but default is shown? Where did i mess up lol? I have been loosing my mind trying to figure this one out.

Slavetats is NOT Racemenu, it does use the mechanism created by the Racemenu creator to APPLY the tattoos but the tattoos with Slavetats are set up for Slavetats use with JSON files that Slavetats reads, for Racemenu the tattoo need to be registered via a mod.

You can add these tattoos using the MCM Menu for Slavetats (easier and SAFER than using Racemenu).

Been using it to apply tribal and Parzyk tats, and between Racemenu's implementation and this mod, it's lot easier to make tattoos with Slavetats and apply.

Why not there should be a "safe" version for general use? Like a version without the NSFW content?

59 minutes ago, Rayblue said:

Been using it to apply tribal and Parzyk tats, and between Racemenu's implementation and this mod, it's lot easier to make tattoos with Slavetats and apply.

Why not there should be a "safe" version for general use? Like a version without the NSFW content?

Takes only a few minutes to go in and remove the NSFW tattoos (remove JSON files and the textures for the adult sets).  This was originally intended to be nothing but an Adult mod but turned out to be much more useful so it kind of lives with the original name too.

If you want to make a version that doesn't have SlaveTats and remove the other adult references then I suggest using a tool like this to alter the texts to make it more general audience friendly.

Nevermind that the vanilla game is not supposed to be considered "safe".