On 4/13/2021 at 2:11 AM, Carradon said:

I have the most current versions of JIP-LN-NVSE plugin & xNVSE (6_0_9), yet each time my character has sex I get SexoutPregnancy errors in scripts and no females ever get spunk in them.  I'm assuming that the first is caused by a problem with the second, but I'm not a programmer by any stretch...  attached are some pics of the log in the console.  Also as noted, despite the obvious success of coming, there's no cum in the npc and therefore no 'swimmers' using the AMS book.  Any thoughts on how to rectify?  Based on the conversations above, is spunk/pregnancy not working w/ the latest xnvse?

PXL_20210413_055008495.jpg

PXL_20210413_040902158.jpg

Per your first quest; YES, - 6.0.x nvse changed entirely how it handles arrays, strings and changed many nvse script functions related to them... thus most mods which are script intensive pre 6.0.x may have issues. In summary nvse 6.0.x is not really backward compatible with  nvse 5.0.x.

I find myself personally making little changes to older mods here and there - and I don't write mods - or else ignoring the errors. In the case of SexoutPregnancy I unloaded it as are too many older and newer mods I been dealing with in my load as is. 

21 hours ago, eflat0 said:

Go get a newer nvse and JIP. I'm using JIP LN NVSE: 56.10, but that requires the latest nvse... best bet up here is  NVSE 5.1b6 and the JIP's which it support for most mods up here due most these mods are older and not up to date. I suggest getting "FNV Diagnostics" from nexus to keep things in line and straight.

The issue with most of this is NVSE had changed so much in the 6.x.x release, the other dll based mods such as JiP and Stewie, which rely on nvse also are changing to meet the new nvse. 

Spunk and some mods up here utilize script functions in nvse which were changed or even replaced with new functions, and seems the nvse developers may have no intention of going back to fix all of them... i.e. see my last post on nvse 6.0b8. - in 6.0.x the function GetUIFloat is broke, the nvse team added a new function GetUIFloatAlt to replace it and may have no intention of going back to fix the old function... this is true of SetUIFloatAlt and SetUIStringAlt also.

Now then, Spunk uses the function GetUIFloat in eleven scripts, I did not count the references of the other two functions mentioned, but unless someone changes Spunk to use GetUIFloatAlt instead it will always have some issues. spunk is not the only mod which uses these .. are quite a few mods which do.

I am using the latest, which as you note, is 56.10 of JIP LN NVSE.  And my xNVSE is also the latest.  I only started playing again about 10 days ago :)
Based on your next three para's it really appears that, given xNVSE devs aren't going to make their latest versions backwards compatible, that the mods here are doing to have to be made forward compatible or they will die.  Is anyone (you, author if that's not you, etc.) doing anything to make spunk utilize the new command functions?  It would be awesome if someone took on that endeavor.  I don't know the first thing about editing mods for scripts.  I'm hoping if that was done that preg would then work, though of course it and the associated offspring may need to have work done as well.  I doubt it's as simple as a find and replace all  on these float and string commands :(

On 4/17/2021 at 11:48 PM, eflat0 said:

Spunk and some mods up here utilize script functions in nvse which were changed or even replaced with new functions, and seems the nvse developers may have no intention of going back to fix all of them... i.e. see my last post on nvse 6.0b8. - in 6.0.x the function GetUIFloat is broke, the nvse team added a new function GetUIFloatAlt to replace it and may have no intention of going back to fix the old function... this is true of SetUIFloatAlt and SetUIStringAlt also.

I've just read about it and I should ask them better, but I intended it as the UI functions being broken since always, but fixing them would have screwed existing mods relying on MCM, hence the decision of making a Alt function. If it's so, I completely agree.

The strange is: as I'm aware, I don't have issues with my mods, so there should be some peculiar cases where it happens.

Also, I got a problem with some other modder few weeks ago, something was not working for him and it was working for me, I had a feeling that the problem was due to the fact that he uses MCM.dll specific functions while I don't.

SORecompiled.zip

Long story short, I recompiled the scripts I found, using the new function, I attach the files and ping @DoctaSaxso he's aware. Remove if it's not ok.

Here's what I modified:

Spoiler

Spunk:
SpunkQuLustTrackingScpt
SpunkQuLustHudScpt
SpunkQuLustHudConfigScpt
SpunkQuArHudConfig
SpunkQuArHud
SpunkMCMUninstall
SpunkMCMToggleLust
SpunkMCMShowScale
SpunkMCMReset
SpunkMCMHandling
SpunkMCMCreateViewSpermSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateViewCumSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSubsScpt
SpunkMCMCreateStatsSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSHSMSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSetXPSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSetEnjoySub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSetCountSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateRaceCatsSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateLustSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateCumSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateArousalSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCloseSub - MCM
SpunkFuUpdateOneVars
SpunkFuSyncArHud
SpunkFuSwitchLustHudMethod
SpunkFuStopArHUD
SpunkFuSetMCMSubs
SpunkFuSetArHud
SpunkFuLustCleanup
SpunkFuInitVersionVarsCatchup
SpunkFuInitSetHandlers
SpunkFuInitFirst
SpunkFuInitCreateTrackingArrays
SpunkMCMSetAltScaleTitle - MCM

SO (stable version):
SexoutNGMCMQuest
SexoutNGMCMQuestb

Lust:
SexoutLustHUD

SCR:
SexoutSCRS9MCMScript1
SexoutSCRS9MCMScript2

Keep in mind I ONLY changed the UI functions so that the new ones are used. I didn't test anything, I don't know how things work so it would make no sense for me. On Sexout (Stable version), I preferred to recompile all the scripts.

Now, I started the game to check if there were blatant mistakes on console and I can tell you that Spunk gave me error about a non initialized array. So yeah, imho there's something else. Also, MCM is slow to kick for Sexout, Spunk, SCR, but when I go on Positioning or the Anim selection they all immediately appear. There could be a problem on some MCM script. But also, this issue where MCM is not visible was the same thing that modder using MCM functions had, which could be related or not, I don't know. But anyway, on spunk, I highlighted the scripts which use the MCM functions, in case if it's useful.

It's quite possible my syntax when I use those functions relied on them being 'broken', ie working as before. This sounds more like a typical case of programmers calling something broken that scripters have been able to put to good use for ages. Much like the arrays that way.

2 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

It's quite possible my syntax when I use those functions relied on them being 'broken', ie working as before. This sounds more like a typical case of programmers calling something broken that scripters have been able to put to good use for ages. Much like the arrays that way.

Can't really say, Doc, I have not the slightest idea of what's behind all these scripts. I just wanted to avoid you the chore to replace them functions... even if I was pretty sure it wasn't related.

However, since you're here, I tell you this - the array error popped out the first time I loaded the game, when it initialized, but on reload it didn't. This narrows on the initialization, I guess, or in some GetGameRestarted, didn't try more than once.

And second thing... if you could give me a clue on how I can change that MCMMass function (since I never used anything like that), maybe I could also try to replace them all.

EDIT: however, this made me go through all the SO and Spunk scripts, even if just for some repetitive routine, and I just realized something: the number of scripts is insane, both you and Odessa are insane! :D (in a good way)

I can't think of an alternative to the MCM mass functions; they're specifically designed to alter an xml property for all MCM options visible in a submenu, so I use them to reset everything when submenus are opened, or options toggled on and off, to prevent such values from sticking around if they're not overwritten by new ones. The only alternative is to figure out the full path for each property & then reset that manually in a loop of 36. It's really not worth it replacing them, if those MCM options are specifically made to do that.

The page on the geck wiki about the bugginess of GetUIFloat suggests they didn't change it because eg MCM relies on it working as before, its brokenness being expected behavior, so atm, it feels like a non-issue to me.

And yes, I'm mad as a hatter.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:41 AM, A.J. said:

I've just read about it and I should ask them better, but I intended it as the UI functions being broken since always, but fixing them would have screwed existing mods relying on MCM, hence the decision of making a Alt function. If it's so, I completely agree.

The strange is: as I'm aware, I don't have issues with my mods, so there should be some peculiar cases where it happens.

Also, I got a problem with some other modder few weeks ago, something was not working for him and it was working for me, I had a feeling that the problem was due to the fact that he uses MCM.dll specific functions while I don't.

SORecompiled.zip 754.41 kB · 6 downloads

Long story short, I recompiled the scripts I found, using the new function, I attach the files and ping @DoctaSaxso he's aware. Remove if it's not ok.

Here's what I modified:

Reveal hidden contents

Spunk:
SpunkQuLustTrackingScpt
SpunkQuLustHudScpt
SpunkQuLustHudConfigScpt
SpunkQuArHudConfig
SpunkQuArHud
SpunkMCMUninstall
SpunkMCMToggleLust
SpunkMCMShowScale
SpunkMCMReset
SpunkMCMHandling
SpunkMCMCreateViewSpermSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateViewCumSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSubsScpt
SpunkMCMCreateStatsSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSHSMSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSetXPSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSetEnjoySub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateSetCountSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateRaceCatsSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateLustSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateCumSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCreateArousalSub - MCM
SpunkMCMCloseSub - MCM
SpunkFuUpdateOneVars
SpunkFuSyncArHud
SpunkFuSwitchLustHudMethod
SpunkFuStopArHUD
SpunkFuSetMCMSubs
SpunkFuSetArHud
SpunkFuLustCleanup
SpunkFuInitVersionVarsCatchup
SpunkFuInitSetHandlers
SpunkFuInitFirst
SpunkFuInitCreateTrackingArrays
SpunkMCMSetAltScaleTitle - MCM

SO (stable version):
SexoutNGMCMQuest
SexoutNGMCMQuestb

Lust:
SexoutLustHUD

SCR:
SexoutSCRS9MCMScript1
SexoutSCRS9MCMScript2

Keep in mind I ONLY changed the UI functions so that the new ones are used. I didn't test anything, I don't know how things work so it would make no sense for me. On Sexout (Stable version), I preferred to recompile all the scripts.

Now, I started the game to check if there were blatant mistakes on console and I can tell you that Spunk gave me error about a non initialized array. So yeah, imho there's something else. Also, MCM is slow to kick for Sexout, Spunk, SCR, but when I go on Positioning or the Anim selection they all immediately appear. There could be a problem on some MCM script. But also, this issue where MCM is not visible was the same thing that modder using MCM functions had, which could be related or not, I don't know. But anyway, on spunk, I highlighted the scripts which use the MCM functions, in case if it's useful.

Well, I finally found some time to get back to my playthrough... I added this recompile as a separate mod using MO2, and put at the bottom of the load order just to be sure that everything overwrote everything above it.  I did not use LOOT.  Game started fine and all the various notifications went off without a hitch.  Initiated an encounter with Willow in the Bungalow.  She's obviously not a regular follower, so I'll try something with one of them a bit later.  For now, encounter & animation all worked fine, but at the end, preg errors hit the console.  Opening same, this is what I could see (can't go back more than 3 page ups, so may be more of interest...) But it appears that the array errors are there, though all the dumps appear to be after a reference to my PC, which is perhaps notable.  Please see below...
In the interests of both testing and keeping my playthrough semi-stable, I didn't save anything and simply got out after the game had started.  I *think* I can uncheck the SORecompiled mod and proceed with the save game as if it wasn't in place... go find a normal follower, and save, start an encounter w/ the SORecompiled mod, and see what happens there, since I've been told that regular vs add on followers may have some play in this.  But fwiw, this is where we/I stand at the moment...

ScreenShot23.bmp ScreenShot24.bmp ScreenShot25.bmp ScreenShot22.bmp

7 minutes ago, Carradon said:

Well, I finally found some time to get back to my playthrough... I added this recompile as a separate mod using MO2, and put at the bottom of the load order just to be sure that everything overwrote everything above it.  I did not use LOOT.  Game started fine and all the various notifications went off without a hitch.  Initiated an encounter with Willow in the Bungalow.  She's obviously not a regular follower, so I'll try something with one of them a bit later.  For now, encounter & animation all worked fine, but at the end, preg errors hit the console.  Opening same, this is what I could see (can't go back more than 3 page ups, so may be more of interest...) But it appears that the array errors are there, though all the dumps appear to be after a reference to my PC, which is perhaps notable.  Please see below...
In the interests of both testing and keeping my playthrough semi-stable, I didn't save anything and simply got out after the game had started.  I *think* I can uncheck the SORecompiled mod and proceed with the save game as if it wasn't in place... go find a normal follower, and save, start an encounter w/ the SORecompiled mod, and see what happens there, since I've been told that regular vs add on followers may have some play in this.  But fwiw, this is where we/I stand at the moment...

ScreenShot23.bmp 5.93 MB · 0 downloads ScreenShot24.bmp 5.93 MB · 0 downloads ScreenShot25.bmp 5.93 MB · 0 downloads ScreenShot22.bmp 5.93 MB · 0 downloads

Had immediate access to a regular follower, Cass... couldn't remember where I last left off...
Restarted w/ the SORecompiled file as an independent mod in MO2, as before.
Initiated encounter w/ Cass (this time using Sexkey's "X" hot key function).  Encounter started ok, but animation for Cass was buggy, with her animating, then standing up in a normal pose, then animating again, and so on for perhaps 4 or 5 cycles.  Took some shots off the console during the actual scene.  Array errors again, though these may be more related to spunk errors from a previous encounter, as they kind of look like references to spunk that may be on or in Willow/PC from earlier in the game.  Towards end of Cass encounter, preg kicked off another NVSE error notification.  Made shots of the 4 screens I could see...and this time remembered to verify that no cum/sperm in Cass using AMS.  Hope this helps track down the issues w/ mods vis a vis xNVSE's new functions/dumping old ones...

ScreenShot24.bmp ScreenShot25.bmp ScreenShot26.bmp ScreenShot27.bmp ScreenShot28.bmp ScreenShot29.bmp ScreenShot30.bmp ScreenShot31.bmp ScreenShot32.bmp ScreenShot33.bmp ScreenShot34.bmp ScreenShot23.bmp

On 4/19/2021 at 12:28 PM, DoctaSax said:

Hey! i resent that! I program for a living ;) I tend to agree though, generally when building a 'framework' you should not mess with something people have been using successfully very often unless you intend to test it out to see it's yielding the same expected results. McM likely accommodates for what they considered buggy in those UI functions, the question however comes back to the changes in arrays and string types which were made and as to whether all the functions which utilize such types were addressed.  i.e. like the eval, foreach, let ...    in the first release of 6.0.0. 

22 hours ago, Neutron_rus said:

There's no preg errors in like all of this images, only debug information about everything that's going on (you can disable it in mcm)

the preg error comes up on the main screen... and since i don't know when they are going to hit, they are hard to capture in a print screen.  After I see one, and when I was working on trying to id the problem during and after the sex acts to see if I can help find the problem, I take the screen shots of the console.  So... I see a SO preg error on the main screen, and take shots of the console.  that shows a lot of errors related to arrays and scripts and whatever.  Crap I have no knowledge of and can't pretend to knowledge of.  But, it seems that preg relies on spunk, and both use these array functions, so maybe the on screen error notification is indicative of spunk failing to apply cum/sperm to the female actor and/or feeding data to the preg itself.  And, fwiw, I've hit up the preg guys too on this, but since spunk has the actual error lines, or appears to in the console, seems like it might be driving the issue.

15 hours ago, Carradon said:

the preg error comes up on the main screen... and since i don't know when they are going to hit, they are hard to capture in a print screen.  After I see one, and when I was working on trying to id the problem during and after the sex acts to see if I can help find the problem, I take the screen shots of the console.  So... I see a SO preg error on the main screen, and take shots of the console.  that shows a lot of errors related to arrays and scripts and whatever.  Crap I have no knowledge of and can't pretend to knowledge of.  But, it seems that preg relies on spunk, and both use these array functions, so maybe the on screen error notification is indicative of spunk failing to apply cum/sperm to the female actor and/or feeding data to the preg itself.  And, fwiw, I've hit up the preg guys too on this, but since spunk has the actual error lines, or appears to in the console, seems like it might be driving the issue.

Possibly this was already asked, but what version of xNVSE are you using?

23 hours ago, dborg2 said:

Possibly this was already asked, but what version of xNVSE are you using?

It was :)  6.0.9, the most recent one.  My JIP LN NVSE is also the most recent... I didn't really have a choice but to use the most recent versions, as I've only just recently started a play through of FNV.  I started loading it up from steam in early april, got the mods working over the next few days, took a short vacation, and dived in around 11 Apr, so everything is brand new, or at least, the newest version of all mods, extenders, ENBs, etc., that are available.

I was able to catch a pair of preg specific error messages and get the console up on what it appeared to relate to before the console's records scrolled away beyond my 3 page up limit :)  See below...

In any case, it would appear that the most recent xNVSE versions don't play nice w/ the older mods like spunk & preg/offspring, since those mods use array functions that are no longer supported and/or were changed to new functions.  I leave to the programming/scripting experts to parse thru all that.  But I'm happy to test whatever in the hopes that these mods can be upgraded to deal w/ the new way xNVSE is handling things.

ScreenShot41.bmp ScreenShot42.bmp ScreenShot43.bmp ScreenShot44.bmp ScreenShot39.bmp ScreenShot40.bmp ScreenShot38.bmp

On a related note, I added in a different male body for the first time, vice the standard one for SO.  Got tired of the burned/scarred looking thing, with the two black splotches.  Today, after this change, I got this notification for the first time.  I'd like to confirm that checking the blocks for cum and sperm is what turns them on... I have those checked for the past couple of weeks, and this is the first time I've seen this notification.  I assume it's just a warning to do the activation and not indicative of the active tracking being off, though I can't for the life of me connect why an installation of a male body would suddenly generate this warning.  But, regardless, I'd like to confirm that check means "on" and not "off" ;)

ScreenShot47.bmp ScreenShot48.bmp ScreenShot49.bmp ScreenShot46.bmp

Given all the issues I'm having w/ spunk & preg... is there some way to simply add cum/sperm manually, or does the mod only work w/sex acts actually being performed... some sort of magic spell that added cum/sperm after I've done the deed would be useful, until such time as the various array issues get fixed for the newest xNVSE?

On 4/19/2021 at 3:04 PM, A.J. said:

Can't really say, Doc, I have not the slightest idea of what's behind all these scripts. I just wanted to avoid you the chore to replace them functions... even if I was pretty sure it wasn't related.

However, since you're here, I tell you this - the array error popped out the first time I loaded the game, when it initialized, but on reload it didn't. This narrows on the initialization, I guess, or in some GetGameRestarted, didn't try more than once.

And second thing... if you could give me a clue on how I can change that MCMMass function (since I never used anything like that), maybe I could also try to replace them all.

EDIT: however, this made me go through all the SO and Spunk scripts, even if just for some repetitive routine, and I just realized something: the number of scripts is insane, both you and Odessa are insane! :D (in a good way)

This may seem like a strange request but, I was wondering if you can do me a favor? What it is would be, if you would zip up your .../data/menus/prefabs/spunk folder and send me a copy of if it?

I've said it earlier. Maybe not so concise but Doc and Odessa not only did a heck of a lot of work but write some darn really eloquent code. I'm not a moder, I only ever wrote one mod from scratch (all it did was gather weapons form-lists and inject them under perk the correct perk form-list). I don't know the geck very well outside picking up things here and there from tweaking a mod to my liking mostly. I'm a software engineer for over 30 years mainly oracle, c, c++,  java, etc... So, I know nice code design when I see it, they're not just thinking object oriented but also streamlined the performance. If you wanted to really learn how to mod they gave us near perfect examples.

1 hour ago, eflat0 said:

This may seem like a strange request but, I was wondering if you can do me a favor? What it is would be, if you would zip up your .../data/menus/prefabs/spunk folder and send me a copy of if it?

you can extract it directly from the spunk mod. These xmls handle the UI, they're not dynamic nor are different from mine or your installation

On 4/25/2021 at 12:53 AM, Carradon said:

Given all the issues I'm having w/ spunk & preg... is there some way to simply add cum/sperm manually, or does the mod only work w/sex acts actually being performed... some sort of magic spell that added cum/sperm after I've done the deed would be useful, until such time as the various array issues get fixed for the newest xNVSE?

Maybe even some sort of console command?  Anyone?

On 4/28/2021 at 6:07 AM, Carradon said:

Maybe even some sort of console command?  Anyone?

NX_SetEVFL "Spunk:Vol:Inside" value
NX_SetEVFL "SOP:Vol:Caucasian" value

can't say the minimal or maximal values, so use on your risk, and also i'm not going to type all possible nx vars, as there's a lot of them, so default caucasian will more than enough for tests

17 hours ago, Neutron_rus said:

NX_SetEVFL "Spunk:Vol:Inside" value
NX_SetEVFL "SOP:Vol:Caucasian" value

can't say the minimal or maximal values, so use on your risk, and also i'm not going to type all possible nx vars, as there's a lot of them, so default caucasian will more than enough for tests

Personally, I think he should probably turn on the deep debug setting - dumping to a file. 

I'd  maybe try the outside volume first? Since it'll be visible without doing a NX_GetEVFL 

ActorREF.NX_SetEVFL "Spunk:Vol:Outside" value

Anyway, I have not traced the code in this area but I think the SpunkSpOrgasmScpt is where to begin? Then have the SpunkFuSpurtEval functions. We can kind of trace what should happen normally from the log then read through the code...

SexoutSpunk-Log--2021-2-21-0-14-28.txt

On 4/25/2021 at 11:49 AM, A.J. said:

you can extract it directly from the spunk mod. These xmls handle the UI, they're not dynamic nor are different from mine or your installation

Yes I know just a long shot, I wanted to be certain of was any changes to the xml values were possibly written back to them... but you're correct just the Arousal and Lust hud descriptors exist there. 

The only place for me where spunk is off is in the menus and only on reloads. Everything else works fine... what I do not understand is the arrays which the menus are built from are even in-tacked. So the issue here is it cannot build the Arousal and Lust menus on McM from the arrays in the cosave, but it sure has no issue building and using the arrays and values in them while playing. It just can't build the Arousal and Lust menus in McM from them... go figure.  I've looked for esc chr's, nulls, etc... in the cosaves.

My work around to change any values is to either go direct via console to set a value or: 

set SpunkVARZ.fVersion to 0 then save and reload - which of course makes spunk think it's installed the first time ... which rebuilds the menus on the fly. Of course this approach means all values are the "default" and I have to change them all to my preferences.

It just dawned on me, maybe I should focus'd on McM? :/ 

8 hours ago, eflat0 said:

I'd  maybe try the outside volume first? Since it'll be visible without doing a NX_GetEVFL 

Pregnancy only works with inside values, and as that person had problems with tracking it in the pregnancy mod, i gave the inside one

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? I want to mention that "JIP JN NVSE Plugin" is the last downloaded from the nexus and installed in the folder "Date / nvse / ... of the installed game, but the game still closes with this error!

ScreenShot417.jpg

Screenshot2478.png

1 hour ago, stalker0ne said:

Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? I want to mention that "JIP JN NVSE Plugin" is the last downloaded from the nexus and installed in the folder "Date / nvse / ... of the installed game, but the game still closes with this error!

most likely you using old xnvse like 6.0.0-6.0.4, that had a conflict with jip

3 hours ago, Neutron_rus said:

most likely you using old xnvse like 6.0.0-6.0.4, that had a conflict with jip

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWER!  ❤️

Yes, the problem is solved now with your answer help.