Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

So you want to separately disable lock jam, but keep the key break chance? Would a "Disable lock jam" toggle make you happy, then?

I don't get why you wouldn't make this an option to start off with. As a third party, it was a shame when all the nitty gritty options were removed. I guess they're making their way back slowly.

Last I checked, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the time lock options were still not there. Are they going to come back too?

LL mods are hardly streamlined for the average user, with the bugs and installation and whatnot...I don't see why removing options would be a good idea in the first place. I don't think Grandma Dorothy will be here to appreciate the simple-to-use list of varying bondage related configurations.

Sorry if this  has been asked before, I couldn't find it using the forums search bar. 

After doing a poor job in the mine, I was sent outside to provide my services to travelers. When a sex scene would start, the traveler would do animations properly, but my character would just stand there, not involved in the scene. Is this a known issue? Any easy fix?

5 minutes ago, visoth said:

Sorry if this  has been asked before, I couldn't find it using the forums search bar. 

After doing a poor job in the mine, I was sent outside to provide my services to travelers. When a sex scene would start, the traveler would do animations properly, but my character would just stand there, not involved in the scene. Is this a known issue? Any easy fix?

I don't know why the player would not be animated as they are set directly as an actor and the scripts I use for sex scenes are pretty much the same across the entire mod (copy, paste then adjust). Only thing I can think of is that you should not have control of your character just before it starts BUT CD does return control of the character just before it starts so CD is not doing anything with the player when it starts the SexLab scene. I would suggest trying to enable the player controls and see if it kicks in then as something else may be trying to take over and interfering.

7 hours ago, Kimy said:

You really never made a case for separating the settings. All you said was "I don't like how DD4 does it." That's honestly not very constructive. So, go ahead and try me! Tell me which exact settings should be separated from the three existing controls. And WHY you think they should be separate. Because I only grouped together what makes sense grouping together. So convince me that some of these should be separate and I will consider it. Here is the current setup:

EscapeDifficulty affects 3 internal settings (Escape chance, RepairJammedLock, LockAccessDifficulty)

CooldownDifficulty affects 7 internal settings (various cooldowns such as unlock, escape, repair, lock shield and timed lock)

KeyDifficulty affects 2 internal settings - key break and lock jam chances.

ConsumeKey is a separate toggle anyway.

I still believe that most users would set these groups to similar values anyway. If you don't like cooldowns, you're likely to dislike ALL of them, no? And the key break / lock jam values are basically two facets of the same feature anyway.

That's a common "misconception", apparently. I took over the DDX thread, but we agreed to keep Min's name on the DDI thread to reflect the role he had in creating it. Other than that he retained no say on DD in any shape or fashion. Don't ask me why people still try to involve Min whenever they feel they disagree with how I am running DD. Min hasn't spoken on DD's behalf in over two years, only I did. They know well enough, I suppose, just conveniently ignore it when it suits their agenda.

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

So you want to separately disable lock jam, but keep the key break chance? Would a "Disable lock jam" toggle make you happy, then?

I admit this isn't the proper place to be talking about this, but since the conversation is in this area, I think lock shield and timed lock should be separated from the cooldown group as the shield and timer are time you are stuck in the device because of the device itself, while the others are presented as "tiredness." I at least would generally want the standard cooldowns at zero, since they make almost no sense to me, but would like to have some for the shield/timer. I'm ok with the grouping up of things (I always want more refined control, but you can't please everybody and this is probably better for most) but those two are thematically different from the rest in the group and I think they should be a separate option. A disable lock jam option would also be good, though I probably wouldn't use it personally.

@Veladarius

on the belts used in the delivery quest and free trial, is there a script tied to the belt that is suppose to cause an animation? reason i am asking is when i was doing a delivery quest or wearing the free trial quest, when it would try to animate it would pop with dd asking if i wanted to remove the belt and would repeat it several times. i am using DD 4.1. if that is a possible cause, maybe a fix that was used in DEC might help here. DEC's Author added a feature to have DEC kinda prevent DD from trying to handle the animations and send them to SL instead. not sure if that would help with this or not

27 minutes ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

@Veladarius

on the belts used in the delivery quest and free trial, is there a script tied to the belt that is suppose to cause an animation? reason i am asking is when i was doing a delivery quest or wearing the free trial quest, when it would try to animate it would pop with dd asking if i wanted to remove the belt and would repeat it several times. i am using DD 4.1. if that is a possible cause, maybe a fix that was used in DEC might help here. DEC's Author added a feature to have DEC kinda prevent DD from trying to handle the animations and send them to SL instead. not sure if that would help with this or not

They still use v3 scripts and the properties have changed between versions so any attempt to do an animation would result in nothing happening. If you look at the start of your log you should see a bunch of missing property errors for CD with a ZAP animation listed. I have not heard of this issue before from any of my testers using v4 or from anyone else for that matter.

Thank you for your great work! also, Kimy's. What is going on here may be one of the biggest events happened in Skyrim, and the civil war between stormcloak and the empire definitely is not big enough to be one of them. I'm really happy to see real modders discussing problem like this. Here in my country, we called this men in temper(which is a commendatory term). Discussions in international forums are always constuctive. It happens in my country that modders and developers argue about things, players pick sides and attack each other personally, plagiar and speculator take the benefit, leaving nothing good. I dont want to interupt your talking. Please come up with a solution and stay!

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Believe me I have tried but for some reason we never saw things eye to eye. I think once things flared up over all of this our vision towards each other was tainted.

You were always looking from a modders perspective as to how the devices worked and I looked from the player's perspective (at least that is how it seemed to me). It took me over an hour in chat on discord with CG! trying to explain what I have been trying to explain to you and he kept thinking there were issues with the code in DD. I had to tell him that there were no issues with the code (he asked that twice) and they operated as intended but that it was how the devices operated in game on the player and that I was looking to get standard devices to act in ways not covered by options in v4. Once I finally got him to understand he brushed off my preferences and I ended up disconnecting and deleting him from my discord contacts (not that I have many) because I was so frustrated. This was the same conversation where I was given the information that led to everything that happened over the last few days.

With my bi polar I work to restrain myself from reacting to something that is negative immediately but I am not always successful, CG! just hit too many buttons.

I still don't know when I will be able to start work on CD again but I will. I would prefer sooner than later but I don't have much control over that.

18 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

[snip]

But in the end we figured out that it was personal preference, it just took forever to get there.
Somewhere 50% through this forth and back, i felt like navigating a minefield with no way to avoid the mines compltely so i tried to trigger as little as possible.
Didn't work out so well but i'm human, so errors have been made.

i'm just glad that the "situation" could finally be resolved.

8 hours ago, t.ara said:

????

one for KIMY:?

one for VELI:?

?

Second that!!! Glad you worked it out, I haven't done one single playthrough without both your mods in my load order.

And Vel, take your sweet time, man. Ignore those that seem to put pressure on you, we're just glad you're sticking with us.

now: scotch or vodka? ?

On 7/26/2018 at 11:48 AM, Veladarius said:

CD is not entirely compatible with DD v4+ particularly when it comes to any items that bind the hands/arms. The yoke is a standard yoke so you can give yourself a key and struggle out of it or use a mod that can remove standard items.

this problem is solved after using the removal update. thanks!!!

Veladarius told:

"Believe me I have tried but for some reason we never saw things eye to eye. I think once things flared up over all of this our vision towards each other was tainted.

You were always looking from a modders perspective as to how the devices worked and I looked from the player's perspective (at least that is how it seemed to me). It took me over an hour in chat on discord with CG! trying to explain what I have been trying to explain to you and he kept thinking there were issues with the code in DD. I had to tell him that there were no issues with the code (he asked that twice) and they operated as intended but that it was how the devices operated in game on the player and that I was looking to get standard devices to act in ways not covered by options in v4. Once I finally got him to understand he brushed off my preferences and I ended up disconnecting and deleting him from my discord contacts (not that I have many) because I was so frustrated. This was the same conversation where I was given the information that led to everything that happened over the last few days.

With my bi polar I work to restrain myself from reacting to something that is negative immediately but I am not always successful, CG! just hit too many buttons.

I still don't know when I will be able to start work on CD again but I will. I would prefer sooner than later but I don't have much control over that."

I´m very happy with this:-)

This are words of a "real man" and I know how hard is is, if I have personally to regret mistakes or if I went wrong somehow. It´s also not anymore important how it all began and I think it´s the best to look forward. Different opinions can lead into a disaster with personal "likes" or "dislikes": so if he or she argues this way, I have a "douchebag" in front of me...and so on and so on. It´s a process of  "forgiving", "cleaning" and "resetting" the system, the "brain/mind/thoughts". You may now be able to return to those days, before all this "black-clouds" {thought about the movie: "Breezy"} went hanging over the head. I´m sure, that controverse discussions between you and CGI become "cleaned" as well. I enjoy when you are working all together in a positive atmosphere and I really wish you, VELADARIUS, KIMY and CGI all the best.

The foreground is here of course KIMY´s, CGI´s and VELADARIUS´s health and well-being, and secondary is follow the modding and then the community. Me, I also learned my lesson here: I don´t like (anymore) to have this ZAP against DD nonsence...! 

And I guess that LAURA ^^^^ is very much right over there, in #19276;-))

Beethoven kicked up to epic scale. Most of it is still orchestral but a few parts have a bit of synth mainly for effects. They describe these as 'Epic Trailers' and are short, the video has 3 songs and clocks in at about 10 minutes. Includes Midnight Sonata, Symphony No 5 and Fur Elise. I have also included Romeo and Juliet and Ride of the Valkyries (didn't know how you could make that any more epic but they did). All of these are on an EP and available to buy ($5 on iTunes)

They have lots more music as well.

Music like this can help get me going again.