Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

22 minutes ago, Stuker said:

It's always the latest version of course I'm running... Hmm... so you're telling me, the PC is trying to run to the point, were everything broke? I had an issue at the lighthouse and had to turn player control on and off to get the scene running again. The direction the PC is running seems to be Solitude. I'll get the collar off her with the console and watch her where this is going.

Skyrim is VERY picky on force greets (an AI package that allows a scene to transition into dialogue) and if it even remotely thinks that the dialogue did not finish completely or properly it will try to repeat it,

Use the   issceneplaying <ID>  with the following ID's after you have left with the slave, any that are running need to be ended using   stopscene <ID>

xx19365c

xx193669

If you were caught let me know as there are a lot more ID's in that but they should have caused issues before this. An easy way to check after something like this is to disable your controls, if you start moving then something didn't finish, Also, if you have any mods that can take over the player to have them do something then temporarily disable it (most can be via their MCM options) as they can destroy scenes, I have done what I can to stop this but scripted events take priority over scenes.

My previous post tells how to get the values for the  'xx' in the id if you don't know already.

As a warning to everyone:

Anyone who has an issue and makes rude or insulting remarks about the mod or myself can either try to fix things themselves, hope someone else can help or just go ahead and uninstall the mod as I won't reply whatsoever to their questions.

The mod is run by 79 quests (most are linked with each other in some way), close to 10,000 lines of dialogue, several hundred scenes and even more AI packages as well as over 1500 scripts. Skyrim is picky and I have taken every precaution to make sure things run properly and issues like this are minimized but there is no easy way (none really) to fix a broken force greet, I have spent months trying. They need to play out fully and when they end you must make sure you don't have ANY dialogue options remaining on screen or it will attempt to repeat it 100% of the time.

I'll try that too... I didn't want to be rude towards you. I was seriously pissed at that moment because I'm almost there and this happend. I stripped down my load order to make it work this time to the absolute minimum. Everything left I consider as essential for myself. And still there seems to be something left, that gets in my way to manor slavery. So I want to apologize my (if I read it now really rude) language.

You mean after I collected Alessia at the lighthouse?

Is it safe to fast travel via the horse carriage from Solitude to Falkreath with Alessia following after I recaptured her? Or do I better walk all the way?

Manor basement = Manor dungeon? If yes, is the master supposed to walk out of the dungeon after telling you to unmask Alessia? Or should the scene play out in the dungeon?

If you are willing to answer me although I wasn't exactly the nicest guy in that moment, I'll give it another try and see if i can avoid breaking something long before I notice.

Edit: What about the note on the chest in front of the cell, the PC is put in if she is captured by the hunter? I couldn't activate it or move it.

9 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Greetings!

First off, I love the new update. It has got things running SIGNIFICANTLY smoother for me (except getting into the shop itself...I still CTD 9/10 times trying to do that, though I can COC myself to the cellar and that drops it to about 1/2 times).

I came back to this mod after a lengthy sabbatical and am certainly enjoying it.  I started out with the slavery beginning and was made a property slave. I have since worked my way up to manor slave and am now "enjoying" my daily, menial tasks. Something strange just started happening, however, and it has me slightly put-out. So far I have managed to complete every task given to me in the allotted time with no issues (I'm a good little slave) but one day I was given water and firewood runs first (did those, no issue) then was told to sweep. I did that and went back to Markus and was told to sweep again, and again, I did it no problem. The issue became however, when I went back to report a job well done, my only chat option was "I'm done for the day, the rest will have to wait." What rest?! There was no rest! I did everything. Markus gets pissed at me and sends me to bed. Next day, same exact things happens. I'm gonna end up as the pole bitch out front if this keeps up, which is all well and good excepting the fact that I did everything I was told to do. (I should also point out that my time limit for the day had not yet arrived, so there was still time to finish tasks.)

HALP MEH!

v4.15 is set up to only give out up to 4 quests a day and not to repeat them, giving out the sweeping quest is a bug. Manor Slave is undergoing redevelopment currently.

If you have already done the task that day to get past this do the following:

setpqv CDxslavery_prop_manor currentdustpile 35

then sweep a pile and it should end the task

To give credit for completing it you need to do the following once the above is done but before speaking to Markus do the following:

setpqv CDxslavery_prop_manor <task #> 2

Task # is as follows:

2nd task =  Task_B_Status

3rd task =   Task_C_Status

4th task =   Task_D_Status

That should let you finish things out. The rebuild will use a much simpler system than the current one and allow for more tasks per day. It is slow going as the mechanics of the task system needed rebuilding and much of Markus's dialogue needed redone as well.

48 minutes ago, Stuker said:

I'll try that too... I didn't want to be rude towards you. I was seriously pissed at that moment because I'm almost there and this happend. I stripped down my load order to make it work this time to the absolute minimum. Everything left I consider as essential for myself. And still there seems to be something left, that gets in my way to manor slavery. So I want to apologize my (if I read it now really rude) language.

You mean after I collected Alessia at the lighthouse?

If you get caught after picking her up there are a lot more force greets and 2 different scenarios that can happen depending on how you are caught.

Is it safe to fast travel via the horse carriage from Solitude to Falkreath with Alessia following after I recaptured her? Or do I better walk all the way?

You can but if you encounter the hunter there are complications to get past. If you have been caught and escaped the tower then the carriage is safe to use.

Manor basement = Manor dungeon? If yes, is the master supposed to walk out of the dungeon after telling you to unmask Alessia? Or should the scene play out in the dungeon?

If she gets to the bottom of the stairs then walks out then there was a force greet issue as there is a scene that plays out after that. Another cause to this is that the dungeon master of the manor is not in the basement (he occasionally wanders though his AI is set to keep him down there). You can use tfc and check the dungeon before going down the last flight of steps to make sure, his cell is behind the steps.

Also, at the end of the scene the Master's AI package gets her stuck at the bottom of the stairs, waiting an hour using the wait function should get past this.

Afterwards you are told to stay in the Barracks basement by Herran, do not leave and go to work at the smithy if he does not come that day (depends on what time things happened) or it will screw things up.

If you are willing to answer me although I wasn't exactly the nicest guy in that moment, I'll give it another try and see if i can avoid breaking something long before I notice.

I'm always willing to help, I know it can be frustrating, I played it hundreds of times in testing trying to fix issues but some are Skyrim engine issues that I have to try to work around and some are difficult to get around as they are unpredictable. If something does not work after 2-3 try's then post the issue here, I know just about every issue and why it happens it's just that is it the Skyrim Engine that is being finicky about something.

Edit: What about the note on the chest in front of the cell, the PC is put in if she is captured by the hunter? I couldn't activate it or move it.

The collision box for the chest that is interfering with being able to get the letter, it is on my list of fixes and will be moved.

20 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

I seem to be having a problem bringing ore to Dushnamub at the mine. Everything  I need for the quest  is there in my inventory. But when I go to him I have a a dialogue of saying Hey. And all he says is back again. Then the dialogue stops. This is my second time to see him in the property slave play threw. Any ideas what I should do to progress?

Is this when you return to Markus? Either the trigger box did not go off or there is a variable that was not set. Also, is this the first time you were sent there or was it a repeat?

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

Is this when you return to Markus? Either the trigger box did not go off or there is a variable that was not set. Also, is this the first time you were sent there or was it a repeat?

No its before I return to Markus. And it’s a repeat. First visit played threw fine but skipped the animation scene  with  Dushnamub. Can’t wait to get back on track to play out this get story to the end! ?

And I just would like to thank you for such a wonderful Mod. Sometimes I feel are gratitude gets lost in translation when we ask for solutions to the problems we are having with are play threw. If it wasn’t for all you lovely talented  people that brings your ideas to life and are generous enough to share it with the rest of us we wouldn’t have anything at all. Much ❤️ to all of you.

in my game there seems to be a hole in the ground outside of the shop.
I am not sure if this problem has been noted before but if so show me to that section of the 776 support pages and you'll not have to repeat yourself.
This is a recent problem because i've used this mod before (and loved it by the way, great job) without a gap in the floor.

discription of the gap:

not so much a hole you could fall into but an hole none the less. 2 sections, of,let's say grass floor, don't match up one is a small hill and the other relatively flat at the point of the gap resulting in... well a gap (sorry bad humor).

it is not exclusive to one stage of expansion, all stages feature the gap.

hope you can help me

36 minutes ago, timking said:

I am not sure if this problem has been noted before but if so show me to that section of the 776 support pages and you'll not have to repeat yourself.
This is a recent problem because i've used this mod before (and loved it by the way, great job) without a gap in the floor.

discription of the gap:

not so much a hole you could fall into but an hole none the less. 2 sections, of,let's say grass floor, don't match up one is a small hill and the other relatively flat at the point of the gap resulting in... well a gap (sorry bad humor).

hope you can help me

Do you have mods that add something in the proximity of the Captured Dreams Shop? I know that at least the mod called SMUT Books will cause such a gap.

1 hour ago, Lady Victoria said:

No its before I return to Markus. And it’s a repeat. First visit played threw fine but skipped the animation scene  with  Dushnamub. Can’t wait to get back on track to play out this get story to the end! ?

And I just would like to thank you for such a wonderful Mod. Sometimes I feel are gratitude gets lost in translation when we ask for solutions to the problems we are having with are play threw. If it wasn’t for all you lovely talented  people that brings your ideas to life and are generous enough to share it with the rest of us we wouldn’t have anything at all. Much ❤️ to all of you.

Use   help   CDxSlavePropQ1Done

The value should be -1 or -2 for the dialogue, I believe that the script sets the incorrect value if you are to return.

49 minutes ago, timking said:

discription of the gap:

hope you can help me

There are 4 cells that come together right in front of the shop porch. The area was leveled out a bit so if you have a mod that changes anything in the area put it before CD in your load order and it should go away. This includes any mods that change the major roads since it goes through 2 of the cells.

8 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

There are 4 cells that come together right in front of the shop porch. The area was leveled out a bit so if you have a mod that changes anything in the area put it before CD in your load order and it should go away. This includes any mods that change the major roads since it goes through 2 of the cells.

a that could be the problem.
i think it is the devious manual mod that adds a house to the mill nearby.
maybe you could see this as something to add to a patch or the mod description.

anyway thanks for answering my question so rapidly.

37 minutes ago, JuliusXX said:

Do you have mods that add something in the proximity of the Captured Dreams Shop? I know that at least the mod called SMUT Books will cause such a gap.

You mean Devious Manual? Because that one is causing a gap in the floor texture right in front of the shop entrance too. Not game breaking but annoying as hell if you are a regular visitor of the shop.

Now when we are talking about that gap in front of the Captured Dreams shop. Does anybody know are there any problems with the CD and Night Mistress Mansion mods? The Night Mistress Mansion is located just on the other side of the road and I have never played a game with both mods installed.

10 minutes ago, JuliusXX said:

Now when we are talking about that gap in front of the Captured Dreams shop. Does anybody know are there any problems with the CD and Night Mistress Mansion mods? The Night Mistress Mansion is located just on the other side of the road and I have never played a game with both mods installed.

As far as I remember, there were conflicts too. NMM was in an early stage then, very unstable and buggy in itself. But I think I recall increased cases of CTD's in that area when this mod was installed.

5 hours ago, Veladarius said:

v4.15 is set up to only give out up to 4 quests a day and not to repeat them, giving out the sweeping quest is a bug. Manor Slave is undergoing redevelopment currently.

If you have already done the task that day to get past this do the following:

setpqv CDxslavery_prop_manor currentdustpile 35

then sweep a pile and it should end the task

To give credit for completing it you need to do the following once the above is done but before speaking to Markus do the following:

setpqv CDxslavery_prop_manor <task #> 2

Task # is as follows:

2nd task =  Task_B_Status

3rd task =   Task_C_Status

4th task =   Task_D_Status

That should let you finish things out. The rebuild will use a much simpler system than the current one and allow for more tasks per day. It is slow going as the mechanics of the task system needed rebuilding and much of Markus's dialogue needed redone as well.

Thanks, this did the trick!

[Side Note:  This is off the original topic, and is really more of a minor quibble than an actual "issue" (and it's pretty silly too). Basically, is there a way you can add more lines of dialogue to the "random passing comments" from some of the NPC's (Herran, Slave Mila, etc.)? Like I said, it's a little thing...but I swear, if Herran says "You better behave while you are here, Slave" to me one more time, I'ma stop behaving and Fus-Ro-Da his irritating ass through the wall. ? ]

1 hour ago, Shaddranat said:

Thanks, this did the trick!

[Side Note:  This is off the original topic, and is really more of a minor quibble than an actual "issue" (and it's pretty silly too). Basically, is there a way you can add more lines of dialogue to the "random passing comments" from some of the NPC's (Herran, Slave Mila, etc.)? Like I said, it's a little thing...but I swear, if Herran says "You better behave while you are here, Slave" to me one more time, I'ma stop behaving and Fus-Ro-Da his irritating ass through the wall. ? ]

More dialogue has been on my list forever but always seems to get pushed back to 'next release'.

2 hours ago, JuliusXX said:

Depends on if theirs tries to modify the 2 cells where the road is that runs alongside the shop. I don't touch any of the items on the other side of the road but the nav mesh for those cells have been modified by CD so if there is a door or other object that attaches to the nav mesh then it may cause a ctd at worst or npc's in the affected cells won't be able to use the doors at a minimum (for whichever mod is loaded first).

2 hours ago, Stuker said:

As far as I remember, there were conflicts too. NMM was in an early stage then, very unstable and buggy in itself. But I think I recall increased cases of CTD's in that area when this mod was installed.

I changed the way the nav meshes are modified so the game thinks they are the standard nav mesh from Skyrim. Also, if the expansion was done all of the devices on npc's were full DD items and I reduced that down to just the belts with the other items being cosmetic only so less scripts running when the cell loads. I also adjusted the lighting and removed the shadowed lights.

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I changed the way the nav meshes are modified so the game thinks they are the standard nav mesh from Skyrim. Also, if the expansion was done all of the devices on npc's were full DD items and I reduced that down to just the belts with the other items being cosmetic only so less scripts running when the cell loads. I also adjusted the lighting and removed the shadowed lights.

This is not a fault of CD at all. These mods came in much later than yours and it was a poor choice to place the buildings there, if there is a very popular mod blocking this area to begin with. If anyone hast to do something about those minor flaws, it's the authors of Night Mistress Mansion and Devious Manual. Those both even occupy the same space in their cell.

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

More dialogue has been on my list forever but always seems to get pushed back to 'next release'.

That's cool.  Like I said, it was a (very) minor quibble, not actually a problem.  I definitely understand that there are matters much more pressing that adding a couple lines of dialogue to a tertiary NPC. You just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure it'll come out right in the end. ?

*sigh* Yup, got another one.  I've gotten through the Manor Slave bit and was offered a position as a Relationship Slave (which, of course, I accepted). So the master asks me what new and intriguing devices I want affixed to my nethers and then takes me upstairs. Ariasha has her fun, then we move to the (for lack of a better word) "belting ceremony." Problem is, it keeps getting stuck in the middle. Right after the part where she says to turn around and bend over so she can put the plug in (which, as irony would have it, is not the one I chose) I don't actually do any moving - not sure if there is actually an anim there for the bending over bit or not - and we all just stand there. I still get the plug, but the scene hangs up there. The belt doesn't get added, and everyone just stands there.

I've done the usual "wait an hour" trick to see if that fixes it, but the only thing that happens is Master makes the "giving something" motion and that's it.

Any ideas?

EDIT:  Disregard this, I fixed it!  I enabled player controls, reset the idle, walked a step away and then disabled the player controls again.  Everything played out as it should have at that point.  We're good now :)

EDIT 2: FML. Now, for whatever reason, whenever I try to get out of the manor I CTD.  I coc'd myself away from there and it worked fine, but when I fast-traveled back to the CD shop, I CTD again.  So something about the external area of the shop is now crashing me every time I get close to it. The only thing I can think that might be causing an issue is the fact that, despite the fact that I am no longer a property/manor slave, I still have the quest for Property Slave active in the journal. Could it be something in one of it's related scripts that's doing it? (for instance, the one that makes the guards chase after you if you leave the grounds?) I dunno though, that's really just a shot in the dark.

EDIT 3: Welp...I forced completion on the property slave quest ( player.completequest - so the really rough version ) and tried to fast-travel back to the shop. Still got the CTD, so I'm officially at a loss. Guess I won't be visiting the Master for a while. ?

EDIT 4: Ok, now I'm really confused. If I exit from the shop itself, I can make it onto the grounds without issue, but if I try to exit from any of the other buildings (mine, smithy, barracks, manor or VIP house), if I approach the location on foot (for example, coming from Half Moon Mill), or if I fast-travel directly to the location, I get the CTD. This one's a real stumper....

9 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

*sigh* Yup, got another one.  I've gotten through the Manor Slave bit and was offered a position as a Relationship Slave (which, of course, I accepted). So the master asks me what new and intriguing devices I want affixed to my nethers and then takes me upstairs. Ariasha has her fun, then we move to the (for lack of a better word) "belting ceremony." Problem is, it keeps getting stuck in the middle. Right after the part where she says to turn around and bend over so she can put the plug in (which, as irony would have it, is not the one I chose) I don't actually do any moving - not sure if there is actually an anim there for the bending over bit or not - and we all just stand there. I still get the plug, but the scene hangs up there. The belt doesn't get added, and everyone just stands there.

I've done the usual "wait an hour" trick to see if that fixes it, but the only thing that happens is Master makes the "giving something" motion and that's it.

Any ideas?

EDIT:  Disregard this, I fixed it!  I enabled player controls, reset the idle, walked a step away and then disabled the player controls again.  Everything played out as it should have at that point.  We're good now :)

EDIT 2: FML. Now, for whatever reason, whenever I try to get out of the manor I CTD.  I coc'd myself away from there and it worked fine, but when I fast-traveled back to the CD shop, I CTD again.  So something about the external area of the shop is now crashing me every time I get close to it. The only thing I can think that might be causing an issue is the fact that, despite the fact that I am no longer a property/manor slave, I still have the quest for Property Slave active in the journal. Could it be something in one of it's related scripts that's doing it? (for instance, the one that makes the guards chase after you if you leave the grounds?) I dunno though, that's really just a shot in the dark.

EDIT 3: Welp...I forced completion on the property slave quest ( player.completequest - so the really rough version ) and tried to fast-travel back to the shop. Still got the CTD, so I'm officially at a loss. Guess I won't be visiting the Master for a while. ?

EDIT 4: Ok, now I'm really confused. If I exit from the shop itself, I can make it onto the grounds without issue, but if I try to exit from any of the other buildings (mine, smithy, barracks, manor or VIP house), if I approach the location on foot (for example, coming from Half Moon Mill), or if I fast-travel directly to the location, I get the CTD. This one's a real stumper....

The only reason I can think of is if you are using a mod like we have been discussing that adds another building to the area and has reset the nav meshes of the shop area and the doors are no longer connected to it. Beyond that there is nothing running, I use very few scripts that constantly run and they generally only update once per day.

12 hours ago, Stuker said:

This is not a fault of CD at all. These mods came in much later than yours and it was a poor choice to place the buildings there, if there is a very popular mod blocking this area to begin with. If anyone hast to do something about those minor flaws, it's the authors of Night Mistress Mansion and Devious Manual. Those both even occupy the same space in their cell.

Most likely figure they will put theirs near mine but don't check to see what cells I modify as they do go into the forest on the other side a short distance. Further north up the road, south across the bridge or across the road next to the lake would be the best places to place anything if they want to coexist with CD.

14 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Most likely figure they will put theirs near mine but don't check to see what cells I modify as they do go into the forest on the other side a short distance. Further north up the road, south across the bridge or across the road next to the lake would be the best places to place anything if they want to coexist with CD.

They are directly opposite to the shop on the other side of the road (Night Mistress Mansion) and an edit to the Half Moon Mill (Devious Manual). The later just messes with the texture geometry in front of the CD shop door, but nothing serious. It's just a visual thing. Night Mistress Mansion was a buggy mess when I tried it month ago. CTD's around the whole area as long as it was installed.