Hi Have seen the update. Great and Thanks befor saying anything else.

I think i have a bug or something else. IF I give the belt too a follower she don't equip it. Its in her inventory. I need too use the consol so that she will equip it. mark the follower in the console ; Equipitem "ID-Belt". then it works without it nothing happens.

All the other stuff like the collar, arm and leg equipment vanish if i give it to them. even if I prid them and look in with "showinventory" there is nothing.

there are 2 key and 2 notes in the arcaneum. but only one book in the case.

Hope has mention all you need to know will look again if you need anything else

Edit: the plug is equipalbe and don't vanish if I give it to the follower

Two keys/two notes sounds like you didn't uninstall the old version first. Please refer to the new installation instructions in the main post, and verify that you have completely uninstalled the old version prior to installing the new version + it's dependencies (Don't forget about the Devious Devices - Assets pack!)

I am playing around with creating a leveled list set like I had been experimenting with on the last version. The items (including real/fake keys) would be distributed among various people (enemy and non enemy) in death items as well as equipment. I am also making the keys require rarer materials to make. I am still tweaking the % chance to appear so they are not everywhere or don't show up at all.

Is a complet new game of the game on a new skyrim. Had a HDD crash an needed to reinstall everything..

Because of the two keys, because I have made ​​a mistake. I had the old ESP also installed. Now I use an old save which is clean never was there Sexlab or anything else install so no old data.

requirements: Yes I have installe them all

Install the Devious Device Assets version appropriate for your body-type from Zadil's thread---------------Done
Download/Install ActorEvents-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done
Install Your MOD-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done
Activate the esp.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done
Run FNIS.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done

No second key. But still the same as written up there, The plug is working, Give it to follower and she equips it. The belt is in the inventory but nothing happens. Give her anything other and it vanish.

Thing that vanish are Leg, Arm, Breast, collar and the complet set.

From what I can tell there are 2 versions of each belt / restraint, 1 that is the unworn version and the one that is worn. I think the script exchanges one for the other but I don't know if that works on followers. It looks like the only version that shows under help in Skyrim is the unworn one.

Is a complet new game of the game on a new skyrim. Had a HDD crash an needed to reinstall everything..

Because of the two keys, because I have made ​​a mistake. I had the old ESP also installed. Now I use an old save which is clean never was there Sexlab or anything else install so no old data.

requirements: Yes I have installe them all

Install the Devious Device Assets version appropriate for your body-type from Zadil's thread---------------Done

Download/Install ActorEvents-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done

Install Your MOD-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done

Activate the esp.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done

Run FNIS.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Done

No second key. But still the same as written up there, The plug is working, Give it to follower and she equips it. The belt is in the inventory but nothing happens. Give her anything other and it vanish.

Thing that vanish are Leg, Arm, Breast, collar and the complet set.

Hmm. I'll be honest, I haven't extensively tested NPC equips. I'll give it a look when I get off work. They worked fine in my brief tests, though I haven't exhaustively tested them.

I'm going to be releasing a version later today when I have some free time that removes the actorEvents dependency (courtesy of Zadil and Tessnip/tes5edit), after I've had a chance to test it + make a few other small tweaks.

From what I can tell there are 2 versions of each belt / restraint, 1 that is the unworn version and the one that is worn. I think the script exchanges one for the other but I don't know if that works on followers. It looks like the only version that shows under help in Skyrim is the unworn one.

Correct: There's actually three (Though only two are used by this mod). One is the inventory equip (The item you interact with), and another is a behind the scenes belt that is what actually renders on your character. This approach was necessary for the intuitive, spellless setup that we're using now. Using only one item would result in it being unequipped during menus, and other problems. I tested npc support very briefly in this last version, though that feature sort of fell out of scope once zadil and I started our merge efforts. I'll revisit that soon, and see if I can't sort out your problems.

While I have been playing with adding them to the leveled lists I have seen NPC's with belts being worn (when I try to remove them it says I can't) but I have not had any luck in forcing anyone wear them so something is working. What about a spell that would activate items you gave an npc?

While I have been playing with adding them to the leveled lists I have seen NPC's with belts being worn (when I try to remove them it says I can't) but I have not had any luck in forcing anyone wear them so something is working. What about a spell that would activate items you gave an npc?

That shouldn't be necessary: I'm already listening for OnContainerChanged, which will detect inventory transferal.

EDIT:

What would the lot of you consider to be optimal npc behavior for belts/restraints/etc? Equip after it being given? A dialog option (If I'm able to key it based off of the presence of a device in your inventory. No idea if this is possible.) What about removal? At the moment, the NPC will only be able to successfully remove a belt if they also possess the key.  Forcing the belt on generic NPC's wasn't really an initial design consideration, though the scripts aren't too far off supporting it. I had originally been planning on handling that sort of thing through quests, though there's no reason we can't have it both ways I suppose!

That shouldn't be necessary: I'm already listening for OnContainerChanged, which will detect inventory transferal.

EDIT:

What would the lot of you consider to be optimal npc behavior for belts/restraints/etc? Equip after it being given? A dialog option (If I'm able to key it based off of the presence of a device in your inventory. No idea if this is possible.) What about removal? At the moment, the NPC will only be able to successfully remove a belt if they also possess the key.  Forcing the belt on generic NPC's wasn't really an initial design consideration, though the scripts aren't too far off supporting it. I had originally been planning on handling that sort of thing through quests, though there's no reason we can't have it both ways I suppose!

Sounds good, it wouldn't be fair being the only person in skyrim who gets locked up in a Chasity belt and restraints. Curious but do the restraints have any sort of power over the character or arousal levels?

A active the things through a dialog would be nice.  May be a Power would be the simplest way for the activation, so all the players could use them, for my self I most of the time play Warrior/Archor without any magic. Need to wait till I has learn some shouts to go in the mage-school ^^.

What is on your mind for the arm and leg restains? Leg could make the person slower and the arm could bind their arms behind their back. For the Collar I have no idea :huh:.

heres a few suggestions

leg restraints..  could prevent player or NPC unable to run?

arm restraints..  could prevent player or NPC unable to wield heavy weapons *small weapons only*

The bra..  maybe every so often drain energy, stamina, blood loss or ???

The collar..  maybe make it hard to breath so you run out of stamina quickly and if you stop moving your stamina regenerates?

Just remember your character may be in these for a long time.

Oh... :blush:  never thought about that....

well what about some sort of timer to knock these above suggestions of and on every 30mins or so.. 

It'll make the player want them off as soon as possible, maybe a quest to find the key instead of crafting.

and if player uses console command *cheating* will produce a fake key..

or something like that

Yeah, I must have mistakenly added that dependency earlier. I'm not sure how to cleanly remove that master file without breaking everything, though (I'd have to manually adjust most keywords/properties, as Tes5edit / the creation kit don't seem to want to do it automatically for me). Removing the dependency via the Creation Kit results in the error "Default: Failed to open file for ID fix." Tes5edit removes the master dependency without complaint after using "Clean Masters", though still leaves the mod in a very broken state. Could I get a more experienced modder's advice on the best way to remove that dependency without breaking all of the keyword/script properties for every item/dialog/script/etc?

For the time being, this mod is now dependent upon ActorEvents until I figure out how to safely remove that dependency. The mod does perform exactly as advertised, however, assuming you have the new dependency installed (Main post is now updated to include it as a dependency).

I may use the functionality from ActorEvents in the future anyways (An idea for soulgem plugs was penalizing you if you let your mana drop below a certain point, etc). Sorry for the inconvenience.

On another note, does anyone have any ideas for plug/item-specific functionality that they'd like to see included? Any suggestions for more MCM options that you would like to see added?

Hi!

I would suggest not only bad/restritive effects while wearing them, why not some buffs and powerups too? Because without quests, there is not much sense wearing them at free will (besides the fact it looks sexy). Maybe a "enchanted" version (another crafting book would be nice) with harder crafting recipes. So the player will get more and more power with every new piece locked, as more moviment penalties and arousal (i agree with all @nokou suggestions). And obviously: the key should be A LOT harder to make/find.

Thanks for your hard work.

I have my character wearing them as I made her very fertile so it is basically birth control at this point. I have already given Min the dialogue and setup for a spouse quest and I have some ideas for others (blackmail and possibly a daedric curse or something like that). The time frames I gave for the quest were counted in weeks. As for penalties I would suggest penalties to some skills, stealth especially as well as not gaining any resting bonuses while sleeping. If you want to restrict someone I would suggest zaz's cuffs and such as they already will limit movement and bind the character.

Liking the update. B)

Is there a way to force the DDBeltedSolo animation to be registered with Sexlab? (apart from doing clean save that is.) For some reason it didn't happen on one character, and there didn't seem to be an option for it in the MCM menu.

I have been hesitant to bring up an issue I'm having, as I figured I knew the cause, But since version  20130926, when the inventory management was altered, the mod runs really slow. It takes nearly 2 minutes between wearing the belt, and having it show up.

Since the source was included with 2.0, I took a peek, and it is as I figured; while() loops going through every inventory item. Like some, I use 0 weight mods and have probably i don't know, 10,000 or more items in my inventory. :shy:

So I figure it rolling through all these items over and over is the reason it's so incredibly slow. I know having so many items is my problem, but just thought you should know in case others come with the same issue. I'll probably see if I can mod this to not use while loops for myself.

I have been hesitant to bring up an issue I'm having, as I figured I knew the cause, But since version  20130926, when the inventory management was altered, the mod runs really slow. It takes nearly 2 minutes between wearing the belt, and having it show up.

Since the source was included with 2.0, I took a peek, and it is as I figured; while() loops going through every inventory item. Like some, I use 0 weight mods and have probably i don't know, 10,000 or more items in my inventory. :shy:

So I figure it rolling through all these items over and over is the reason it's so incredibly slow. I know having so many items is my problem, but just thought you should know in case others come with the same issue. I'll probably see if I can mod this to not use while loops for myself.

2 minutes is a ridiculously long time, even with 10k items. In my tests (Having every item from the dawnguard  QA chests in my inventory: Toooons of items), interaction took only a few seconds. Obviously it's a rather heavy-weight operation, though it's only called during belt interaction (There are no periodic "check every X seconds" sort of functions in this mod: Everything is keyed off of OnEquipped, OnUnequipped, and OnContainerChanged for the most part. As such, there are no performance impacts when not interacting with the belt). You're not going to be able to successfully remove the two offending functions (CleanupDevices and ReEquipExistingDevices) without damaging functionality significantly, as they are fairly crucial to the mod's reliable behavior/function (If you'll recall, the versions prior to 20130926 were rather fickle, and broke easily: The "new" (And I say "new", because this change is now almost a month old) inventory management system survives pretty much everything that you can encounter, including a player.removeallitems)

I will give the matter some thought though, and see if I can't find an alternative.

Okay, I've got a compromise going in to the next release that will significantly reduce script load when manipulating the device for users with extreme numbers of items / slow papyrus configurations. That logic was largely intended to catch undesirable behavior that could occur (Duplicate devices, etc), and will on longer run on normal interaction, unless one of the behaviors that they should be preventing would occur (Ex player.unequipitem deviceRenderedID followed by immediately equipping a different device of the same type)

New version is up.

• Removed actor-events dependency
  • Optimized calls to several functions to improve performance for users with extreme numbers of items
  • Fixed small render bug with padded collar