Restrictive gloves and yokes make peoples hands vanish. What do I do?

Edit: I fixed this by re-running Bodyslide - but hands don't remain in the yoke position. This has been an issue I have always had with restraining devices in this series of mods for the year+ I have been using them. A shame, I had hoped something would be fixed by now.

Your problem is on your side. The animations are working for everybody else. There is nothing for us to "fix".

Most likely you have a conflict or your FNIS or XPMSE are outdated.

Sure, the animations work for me too, but then they don't again, over about 3 different installs, and various updates. Hands go up in the yoke, great. Then people start doing other stuff, and hands are back out of the yoke. They might go back in, they might not. DD, FNIS and XPMSE are not outdated. Devious device files are not being overwritten by anything else in MO.

I may not understand, but if you are talking about NPC losing there bondage animation, then it may be as simple as adding to the number of NPC that are checked in the DDI MCM. if the number is left at zero, your NPC may well not do the bondage animations.

I normally run it at about 5 or 10, but some run it much higher.

If this is not the problem then I am sorry for bothering you.

EDIT >>> Of course, making sure you have the latest skeleton, and the latest FNIS, as well, are also helpful.

Checking your load order with Tes5Edit is not a bad Idea too.   The whole modding, and getting everything right is such a house of cards, and the tiniest missing, or misplaced part, and Crap-Ola :blush:  

I am sure you are doing you best.  just have to keep looking.

Not just the NPCs, no. I'm on a 4th fresh install right now, have redownloaded everything so all my files are up to date, and only Sexlab and DD plus dependencies, are installed, per instructions. I create a yoke and equip it. Now I call masturbation on my character to test what happens, and her hands break out of the yoke.

Okay there is a feature, both in Zaz, and DDI MCM, where you can set the bondage items to only allow sex animations that conform to the bondage items, so they do not break out, or should not.

Thing is you should only have one of them active, zaz is in the second menu under where you could register Zaz nimations with Sexlab, but do not do that [ Zaz will build its animations on the fly, and does not actually need to have them registered ]. but the filter is underneath that.

DDI has the same or similar filter, in one of its menus' i forget just which one, but it is there.  This may not be you trouble, but it is another thing you could check.  Just be sure only one is ticked, either the zaz one or the DDI one.

Not just the NPCs, no. I'm on a 4th fresh install right now, have redownloaded everything so all my files are up to date, and only Sexlab and DD plus dependencies, are installed, per instructions. I create a yoke and equip it. Now I call masturbation on my character to test what happens, and her hands break out of the yoke.

Okay there is a feature, both in Zaz, and DDI MCM, where you can set the bondage items to only allow sex animations that conform to the bondage items, so they do not break out, or should not.

Thing is you should only have one of them active, zaz is in the second menu under where you could register Zaz nimations with Sexlab, but do not do that [ Zaz will build its animations on the fly, and does not actually need to have them registered ]. but the filter is underneath that.

DDI has the same or similar filter, in one of its menus' i forget just which one, but it is there.  This may not be you trouble, but it is another thing you could check.  Just be sure only one is ticked, either the zaz one or the DDI one.

DDi has "Enable Bound Combat" checked, which says it allows kicking instead of combat. It also has "Use Animation Filter" and "Use Bound Animations" selected. In Zaz, "Override if needed" is unchecked.

I am trying to get the extreme hobble to have animations "small steps" for walking , "hopping" for running, and " hopping" for sprinting.

While installing I can choose either "small steps" for both walking and running together or "hopping" for both of them together also

I tried to install the normal "small steps" option then replaced the run with the hopping animation from the "02 bunnyHop" folder (run variants : left , right , forward, forward L/R , backward, backward L/R) for abc2 and abc3 and abc4 , then I ran FNIS

But this didn't work and I got the running animation being like a strange mix of walking and hopping.

What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to get the extreme hobble to have animations "small steps" for walking , "hopping" for running, and " hopping" for sprinting.

While installing I can choose either "small steps" for both walking and running together or "hopping" for both of them together also

I tried to install the normal "small steps" option then replaced the run with the hopping animation from the "02 bunnyHop" folder (run variants : left , right , forward, forward L/R , backward, backward L/R) for abc2 and abc3 and abc4 , then I ran FNIS

But this didn't work and I got the running animation being like a strange mix of walking and hopping.

What am I doing wrong?

you cant do what you want to do, skyrim blends animations, animations need to be similar

DDi has "Enable Bound Combat" checked, which says it allows kicking instead of combat. It also has "Use Animation Filter" and "Use Bound Animations" selected. In Zaz, "Override if needed" is unchecked.

I always disable bound combat myself, as I Personally think it is stupid <<< [[ Please note the I in that ]],  But a lot of people I guess just rave about it.

I don't know what your problem is, I was just trying to give you idea's, but I think I have about exhausted the DDI side of thing's. Unless it is a DDI bug I have never seen.

I always set the filter for Bound animations to false anyway, so I may never have seen this, as there are very, very few bound animations, and a large part of them are very buggy, and I get really bored easy if these animations are limited ( example is like zap doggy ), so I am out of Idea's, Sorry.

Every time i get trapped in items my legs, body or hands disapear. Can someone please tell my how to fix this? I really want to see the new update. :) 

Every time i get trapped in items my legs, body or hands disapear. Can someone please tell my how to fix this? I really want to see the new update. :) 

Is there a way to disable the lockpicking/magic/break free options to remove devices? It breaks most of other mod's quest items, so I'd like to disable it somehow.

In Devious Devices MCM General tab, uncheck "Use Device Difficulty Escape" and then set "Unlock Threshold" and "Unlock Threshold Modifier" to the highest possible (350 and 100) It will drastically reduce your chances to escape the devices. (But disable ? I don't think so...)

Have you built the DD items in Bodyslide ?

- Added: Inflatable plugs have been expanded. Sort of...literally. They now can have five different stages of inflation and may only be removed when completely deflated. Yes, accidents happen and the things might just inflate when you try to sit down or move. Or when a meanie NPC plays with the pump. If that happens, you will have to wait. The problem is that Syrim geniuses invented much better valves that can hold pressure for much longer. It might just take a while for these things to deflate!

Is it even possible for one to deflate? My experience is the plug "accidentally" inflate three times for every one time it deflates. It looks like the best way to deal with an inflatable plug is load a save before it got inserted.

Also, the ancient Greeks were able to do brain surgery, remove barbed arrows from a torso and do c-section births  with just bronze tools, animal guts and candles, yet no one in the magical world of Skyrim were people shoot fire out of their hands, gods who will cure crippling illness at will and filled with egg implanting insects can figure out how to remove a large foreign object from some woman's body?

- Added: Inflatable plugs have been expanded. Sort of...literally. They now can have five different stages of inflation and may only be removed when completely deflated. Yes, accidents happen and the things might just inflate when you try to sit down or move. Or when a meanie NPC plays with the pump. If that happens, you will have to wait. The problem is that Syrim geniuses invented much better valves that can hold pressure for much longer. It might just take a while for these things to deflate!

Is it even possible for one to deflate? My experience is the plug "accidentally" inflate three times for every one time it deflates. It looks like the best way to deal with an inflatable plug is load a save before it got inserted.

Also, the ancient Greeks were able to do brain surgery, remove barbed arrows from a torso and do c-section births  with just bronze tools, animal guts and candles, yet no one in the magical world of Skyrim were people shoot fire out of their hands, gods who will cure crippling illness at will and filled with egg implanting insects can figure out how to remove a large foreign object from some woman's body?

Well the new inflatable plug system was designed by Kimy so you know what means... ^^

But if it's really too hard to remove it wouldn't be difficult to adjust it. I'll let her know.

Just to clarify - the deflation actually happens, it's just that them things are inflating too fast for you to ever be able to remove them. Correct?

That is correct.

I have to say it the idea "it's really hard to take out and it's there to torment the victim" would be ok if there was some more direct way, like getting tool and a say a midwife to remove it.  Babies are much bigger than that plug and women birth them all the time, or so I've been told.

I am having issues with the chastity belts not showing up. When I wear nothing at all the chastity belt still does not show up. Any suggestions?

Did you build them in bodyslide?

No any idea how I would go about doing that?

There have been many guides on how to do this in the various devious devices threads posted over the last few days.

All that said anyone can contribute if they want to. If anyone would like to take a shot at fixing the Devious Deviants plugin, they're free to do so and we'd be happy to incorporate the changes into the official version. In fact most people who are on the DD team currently started out by contributing to it first and then being invited to work on it "full-time".

You could say that when it comes to contributors we prefer results over promises ^^

That is 110% understandable.  A while ago I tried to develop a game and relied less experienced volunteers.  The result was a lack of dedication, high turn over, and the eventual tabling of the project until I can offer decent pay.

As for my request, I would like to, if I have your blessing, attempt to develop the plugin myself.  Sound acceptable?