Captured Dreams - Restored June 23 2023

54 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Wait a sec. What is this? A reupload? It's still based on the ancient DD triumvirate?

Changing the ESM master files will remove every link between CD and DD and they will have to be added back in manually on every device, script property and dialogue. I estimate there are about 2000 DD keywords used throughout CD. This is a keyword use comparison between DD (left) and DD+CD (right) so the difference is how many times they are used just in CD.

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Besides, I am doing this for myself and there are a number of DD mods that I use that use v4 of DD and have never been updated to v5 (and don't look like they will be).

22 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Changing the ESM master files will remove every link between CD and DD and they will have to be added back in manually on every device, script property and dialogue.

You don't need to.  Although DD 5.2 comes in a single download now, it uses the same 3 ESM files as DD 4 (plus a new one for Contraptions).  Although I haven't tried it yet, I think Captured Dreams (now updated for DD 4) will work pretty well with DD 5.2.

39 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

2000 DD keywords used throughout CD

In addition to what Hex said, as far as I'm aware the keywords have only been added to, nothing was removed. If you can, going to DD5 is recommended. Backwards compatibility with DD4 mods was retained for the most part. Odds are your other mods will still work as long as they don't have script patches for DD.

With DD 5.2, checking for errors in xedit:

[00:00] Start: Checking for Errors
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [09] Captured Dreams.esp
[00:06] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 26320, Errors found: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:06

Edited by zarantha

I have always kept Captured Dreams in my Legendary (Legacy) Edition load order, and I haven't encountered any difficulties keeping up with it 'playing nice' with DD v4(+) and now DD 5(+). I remember adding that patch/fix for the yoke placed at the start in the slaver ship's hold, so that could be looked at going forward upon the reintroduction to those who've never had the delight and pleasure of getting to be a guest at the Master's Mansion.

I have always wondered if I could learn or be guided in how to get the chastity piercings to interact with YPS fashion, or how to improve them with modernized coloring and improved placement for a CBBE body. Perhaps find a way to modify the maid uniform to adopt the mechanics of the elegant dresses introduced after DD v3 (with someone including a model of small lock(s) at the back of the dress)?

Thank you, Vel for your steadfast dedication to the community here. Long have the years been while we awaited your healthy and motivated return, and I feel it has been time well spent with the hope that your well-being has recovered to once again share your talents and time on our behalf.

I'll have to take a look at v5 again, it was quite some time ago that I looked at it (thought it was only 1 esm file but my memory isn't what it used to be). At this point I have only done the bare minimum to update it to v4.

I know from v3 to v4 one of the big differences was the HeavyBondage keyword use, few other changes was the integration of the armbinder script into the main device script and the addition of a number of properties to the devices (I auto-filled everything but left the rest at default, not sure how it will affect things yet particularly the custom devices). I need to make adjustments for the heavybondage devices, I don't think the original version has the updated script for the heavy bondage but it is in the SSE files do have it and it should work with the original version.

Right now I'm still playing through the mod to make sure things work and noting any issues, Skyrim being Skyrim and all.

11 minutes ago, skyrimfet said:

Dear @Veladarius
I remember how I found loverslab just through this mod via google many years ago ❤️

this might be funny today, but there was a WIP in mod's title and I thought it was a typo and there was a VIP and that it was some paid content :D

I would wish anyone luck in duplicating it, I have 6,650 hours in the CK the bulk of which was spent working on CD and until recently I haven't touched it in years (since I removed the mod). Skyrim I am at 12,637 hours currently.

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

I'll have to take a look at v5 again,

From DD5.2 onwards, some behavior regarding plug handling was changed. Vaginal and anal plugs now use different script property messages when equipping/unequipping, to differentiate between them. Just something to keep in mind for compatibility.

Seeing this again is a pleasant surprise I remember CD was one of the major mods in my original modded playthrough, I lost my old download when my old computer died, but kept it in my load order until then.

As others have said I believe everything should be find playing with DD5, a few things may behave slightly differently than you were used to, but attempts were made to preserve backwards compatibility.
So basically mods that use new features of DD will only work with the new versions, but mods that were made with old versions of DD should work fine with the newer versions. Potentially with a few oddities depending on how old the versions they were made for are, but nothing game breaking.

38 minutes ago, Min said:

Welcome back, @Veladarius. :)

Thanks, has been a long time since I did anything serious with this. I had considered starting over but that would take forever and the other was some possible ways to fix the scene to dialogue handover issues but there are a lot of those and would require modifying quite a few scene fragments. I have an idea for a companion mod to CD that tied in to a number of other SexLab mods but I'm not sure if I'm up to doing something else that could be rather large.