Captured Dreams - Restored June 23 2023

v4.16 also has a new repeatable quest and expanded use of 'dialogue restart points'. These restart points allow you to resume dialogue started by scenes that fail either by dropping you out of it or an idle animation sticks, just enable the player controls in the mcm menu and speak to whomever was speaking originally and it should start just prior or at the next point. These are also used in v4.15 as well but I don't remember if they were added everywhere or not.

After I got the permission.

For anyone who is interested:

I created some voice files for CD version 4.15 (SE)

https://mega.nz/file/5msGCRzA#NbCDDECblZfcY-vQ-pI_TQMTQmYRgZbloOcJaPscYew

For LE I think it is enough to unpack the BSA and create a new one or simply remove the esl flag from the esp.

It is not recommended to use this as an unpacked BSA, except you want to stare for 10 minutes at the Skyrim loading screen.

The zip file contains the Cache file in case someone wants to take over for 4.16 etc.

(Normal Users don't need to that file!!!!!)

Captured DreamsCache.zip

Edited by coffeeink
On 6/30/2023 at 3:47 PM, jetster17 said:

I figured out what was causing my CTD and thankfully, it wasn't CD. That being said, I did run into a couple of problems while testing. First, the CD armbinder doesn't seem to work. Like the arms aren't pinned back and my character just goes through the regular animations. Every other armbinder I tried worked just fine. And secondly, I was testing the punishments and I get a message like, "Punishment starting up", but then nothing happens after that. Master just walks off and goes about her business and I'm just stuck in place, unable to move at all.

i have the same issue about the armbinder, also the courier never seem to come. Is it because of DD v5?

I love this mod, but I have encountered a lot of problems.

After the shop is fully upgraded, my game crashes when I try to walk or teleport near the shop. When I deactivate the mod, everything is fine.

The parts where you lose control over your player are broken, and my player can't find his way. I had to teleport myself via "player.moveto" in order to proceed with some sequences.

One time, after being placed in a cage in the wilderness and later punished, my character walked out of the shop after I reset the errands for the master. It started working again.

When you leave a dialogue or get attacked, you can't continue it and can't finish some quests.

the cage in the wilderniss colides with the house from the AE edition herran is standing in the building and cant walk away.

Edited by DamonPrince

@Veladarius since you're already making changes to CD, I'll drop a small suggestion for chastity life.

As is now, CD checks the virginity state. It has always been a rather wonky mechanism, I remember Master judged my character non-virgin despite being locked in chastity belt from the start of the game. I think a much more robust solution would be to add virginity option in MCM, or rebuild dialogue.

On 6/30/2023 at 4:47 AM, jetster17 said:

I figured out what was causing my CTD and thankfully, it wasn't CD. That being said, I did run into a couple of problems while testing. First, the CD armbinder doesn't seem to work. Like the arms aren't pinned back and my character just goes through the regular animations. Every other armbinder I tried worked just fine. And secondly, I was testing the punishments and I get a message like, "Punishment starting up", but then nothing happens after that. Master just walks off and goes about her business and I'm just stuck in place, unable to move at all.

Armbinder is likely due to an unresolved script issue on my end. Armbinder scripts were completely changed and the script mine calls on is no longer there.

As for the punishment it is slow to start. You should be able to just enable the player controls in the MCM menu and go speak with her to get it started. Any time the dialogue just stops leaving you with controls disabled you can do that and it should start where it left off.

20 hours ago, kapibar said:

@Veladarius since you're already making changes to CD, I'll drop a small suggestion for chastity life.

As is now, CD checks the virginity state. It has always been a rather wonky mechanism, I remember Master judged my character non-virgin despite being locked in chastity belt from the start of the game. I think a much more robust solution would be to add virginity option in MCM, or rebuild dialogue.

Checking virginity in Sexlab is a pain in the ass, I was never able to find a definitive variable to check for it. Also, sometimes a sexlab animations starts that is vaginal and it counts it and I believe oral to vaginal counts as vaginal as well. Easiest thing to do is if you are looking to start something that checks it is to reset the sexlab stats for your character. If it has already checked it it won't check again but you can manually reset it:
setpqv cdxchastelife virginstatus 0

0 is unconfirmed so it should check it again or you can change it to 1 which is confirmed yes as a virgin (try 0 first though).

18 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

When do I get a message for the assist a customer 2 in the mansion? My relationship is excellent, mildly sub and 12 jobs done. I already got Erani.

That quest uses a subjective timer.
There are 2 rooms in the VIP house, one for regular guests (type A) and one for guests that want a session (type B). It checks each day at about 11 am if guests will arrive and which room they will stay in. It is initially weighted towards type A guests but each time it checks it increases towards type B but it will not always fill an empty room (also weighted). Once a type B guest arrives you should have a courier arrive with a letter or if you happen to see Master before that she should offer the task.

If it seems that tasks are not being offered and/or the courier is not being dispatched you can reset the 'Task Manager' in the quest reset page of the MCM menu. The Task Manager controls when all quests and tasks are available and controls the dispatch of the couriers. This runs on a timer and updates once per day (about midnight).

4 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Checking virginity in Sexlab is a pain in the ass, I was never able to find a definitive variable to check for it.

I assumed it's problematic, sometimes SL activates a vaginal scene, then switches to non-vaginal. And I suppose this is enough to consider PC deflowered. It's a shame this mechanism is so unreliable because it's a nice touch, gives Master a lot of personality and authority through a simple dialogue. No matter if you're a sub or a dom, she owns you either way.

Hello! I am really looking forward to the Captured Dreams! I read so many good things about it!

For now, I have a problem. Master wants to lock belt and collar on me, but the restrains  are not added. There are messages displayed (like item numbers, and material),

but noting happens. Did I miss something, that enabled being restrained?

14 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Are the free trial items bugged? More than 14 days have passed and she still says it's a bit too early to unlock them.

Sounds like the main timer stopped. Resetting the Task Manager in the MCM menu should get the timer going again.

13 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

What quest has to do with the Cursed Items of Jade letter?

It was one I tossed together real quick as I created the items to be used at a later date. The items are rather debilitating (very heavy), are extremely difficult to get removed and difficult to remove without doing the quest (removal via DD scripts will not remove them as they are made to automatically reequip themselves).

7 hours ago, dingdingdinggo said:

Hello! I am really looking forward to the Captured Dreams! I read so many good things about it!

For now, I have a problem. Master wants to lock belt and collar on me, but the restrains  are not added. There are messages displayed (like item numbers, and material),

but noting happens. Did I miss something, that enabled being restrained?

The messages show up when they are being equipped. Try resetting the Device Array's in the MCM menu. CD uses array's to store device info in them so it can equip and unequip devices faster (doesn't have to use DD scripts to look up device parts). If that doesn't work turn on debugging in DD and look at the Papyrus log for errors.

Resetting the array did not help. But the logs show an error. 

Spoiler

[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] Error: Cannot call GetName() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [zadQuest (0E00F624)].zadlibs.LockDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 380
    [zadQuest (0E00F624)].zadlibs.EquipDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 3407
    [CDxSlavery_Functions (2317170A)].cdxslavery_functions.SetCDDevice() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 468
    [CDxSlavery_Functions (2317170A)].cdxslavery_functions.AddBaseCDDevices() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 137
    .CDxPD_S01_EB01.Fragment_0() - "cdxpd_s01_eb01.psc" Line 21
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp2"
stack:
    [CDxSlavery_Functions (2317170A)].cdxslavery_functions.SetCDDevice() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 468
    [CDxSlavery_Functions (2317170A)].cdxslavery_functions.AddBaseCDDevices() - "cdxslavery_functions.psc" Line 137
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] [Zad]: LockDevice called for Eleza: )
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] Error: None is not a valid inventory item
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.GetItemCount() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (0E00F624)].zadlibs.LockDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 387
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] Error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.AddItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (0E00F624)].zadlibs.LockDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 388

It's worth to mention, that all attempts to lock CD devices on the PC aren't working. Not only delivery quest.

7 hours ago, dingdingdinggo said:

Resetting the array did not help. But the logs show an error. 

Hide contents

[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] Error: Cannot call GetName() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] WARNING: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp2"
stack:
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] [Zad]: LockDevice called for Eleza: )
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] Error: None is not a valid inventory item
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.GetItemCount() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (0E00F624)].zadlibs.LockDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 387
[07/04/2023 - 07:27:34AM] Error: Cannot add None to a container
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.AddItem() - "<native>" Line ?
    [zadQuest (0E00F624)].zadlibs.LockDevice() - "zadLibs.psc" Line 388

It's worth to mention, that all attempts to lock CD devices on the PC aren't working. Not only delivery quest.

Are you using v4 or v5 of DD? I understand that v5 is backwards compatible with v4 but has some command changes (???). 

As for the two errors on the cdxslavery_functions, line 137 refers to just setting an internal variable (which item in the array to use). The line 468 is the enmd function but happens just after the equip command:
             libs.equipdevice(target, DevInventory, DevRendered, DevKeyword)
All of the device variables are drawn from the array and this script is only responsible for slavery devices.

Currently debugging v4.16. So far what I have found:

There are issues with the quest to the lighthouse (mainly if you get captured).

Manor slave had been in the midst of some changes and were not done, found some incorrect variable checks, some variables not being set and old dialogue was still being used instead of new.

Punishment is not moving the player to the correct place so it starts if you are away from the shop but it worked fine if I was on the shop grounds.

v4.15 was buggy and why I started working on 4.16. Hardest part in this is difficulty remembering how things worked as the most I have done modding wise was altering some basic stats of items from other mods and have not touched this since 2016/2017.

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

Are you using v4 or v5 of DD? I understand that v5 is backwards compatible with v4 but has some command changes (???). 

As for the two errors on the cdxslavery_functions, line 137 refers to just setting an internal variable (which item in the array to use). The line 468 is the enmd function but happens just after the equip command:
             libs.equipdevice(target, DevInventory, DevRendered, DevKeyword)
All of the device variables are drawn from the array and this script is only responsible for slavery devices.

I am using DD 5.2 [SE][AE][VR] version.

Thank you for explaining the message. For now I can not benefit from the information. :)

24 minutes ago, dingdingdinggo said:

I am using DD 5.2 [SE][AE][VR] version.

Thank you for explaining the message. For now I can not benefit from the information. :)

I am not sure what changes were made to SE, I have only used LE and I didn't convert CD for SE myself.

Good news for SE users, I guess. I summoned a collar and a belt and put it on myself. From then on everything seems fine. Restrains are added and removed. In most cases it is a chastity harness. But also a belt once. Guess I'm good now! Thank you for taking your time to answer me, Veladarius !

22 hours ago, dingdingdinggo said:

Good news for SE users, I guess. I summoned a collar and a belt and put it on myself. From then on everything seems fine. Restrains are added and removed. In most cases it is a chastity harness. But also a belt once. Guess I'm good now! Thank you for taking your time to answer me, Veladarius !

Do you have preferences set for device type and material in the CD MCM menu? I recommend doing so as it makes it easier for the script to select items for you.