Captured Dreams - Restored June 23 2023

3 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Transparent suits were added to DD in either 5.0 or 5.1, so if you intend to switch to DD5, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to textureset them and not worry about bodyslides.

All the catsuit textures I used were taken from the same mod as the DD ones, meshes were from the same mod (I use the ones from either DD or Cursed Loot, don't remember which they were installed some time ago). If any of my meshes or textures wants to overwrite others they can be skipped.

2 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

After a couple days working for the smith, she sent me to find something from the adventurer slave.  Got it and returned, she took my items back and put me back in my smith clothes, but now when I talk to her she says I'm not one of master's slaves, and the logbook is reset to what it looked like on the very first day.  Did I get promoted again and missed the dialogue?  Did I fall  out of being a slave somehow?  Not sure who I should talk to now.

Edit:  I just did another day in the smithy with a fresh new quota, and the next day got asked by the Master to get the package at the Lighthouse, so I guess I'm back on track.  Taking the loooooong way back to avoid all settlements.  Closest thing to civilization I'll pass is Kolskeggr (sp?) mine and Old Hroldan.

Property slave is tempermental, rushing any dialogue can cause issues. One other issue is dialogue repeating from the end of a scene at the start of the next one. What I found that causes the dialogue to repeat is if the scene ends and you still have a dialogue option on the screen. During my testing if dialogue was still present it repeated it 100% of the time (can be cleared by hitting enter before the scene ends) and if the dialogue is not there it will not repeat 100% of the time. Making a fix for these transitions was something I was looking to do long ago but never did.

I can't believe it's back ?

I still had the old files in my mod archive and played it about 2 weeks ago in Skyrim AE after I changed some files for myself.

It's bugged for me in some situations, but playable, even with DD5.2.

Spoiler

20230615151143_1.jpg.f22bb84f26270661e20a7f0e9544fee0.jpg

Now I can lean back and enjoy it normal again ?

So...

Welcome back @Veladarius

Climbed the ranks of Property Slave and became a Relationship Slave, in hopes of future expanded content in that area.  And hoping that the Master will offer the Embassy quest soon.  ;) I noticed though that the quest Just A Property Slave remained active and unfinished in the quest log, and a different one for Relationship Slave status didn't replace it.  Not sure if there's such a quest, but its odd that the Property one didn't complete.   There were some difficulties in scenes, usually having to do with someone needing to get to a location and someone else blocking them, so I did alot of enabling the player and moving people around via console to get things working.

Edit:  I should point out that with the exception of the first chastity belt which was probably my fault for not having a complete installation, I had zero problems with getting restraints equipped or removed using DD 5.2.  I didn't have very many instances of it happening, I'll go visit the store and see if I can try things on (thats a thing in this mod, right?)

Edited by Naps-On-Dirt

It wasn't even 4 days ago I was trying to get these old files working from way back.

image.png.ce01748b5bbd4fdf5b397e7eec9c1fbb.png
To no success, I was so ready to delete them and forget about one of my all time favourite mods. today just coincidentally I looked at your profile and seen so many posts ( I normally never do this so fate threw me a bone)! 

So without further adeu, welcome back looking forward to seeing what you make! (and if I figure out nifskope, perhaps I can help with some custom assets if you're interested. ;) )

18 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Are they required to be in the first place? Provided their meshes and purpose aren't radically different from those in DD itself, omitting the custom models in favor of them would save space and complexity.

i was asking because some of the catsuit are different meshes like the transparent one, i didn't test the mod yet but i hope it will be the same meshes for all catsuits.

20 hours ago, Veladarius said:

I have no idea how to do it, other people handled all the meshes and textures for me. If I could I would have made new ones long ago along with quite a few others that I use myself.

no problem, thanks for the reply.

My apologies, I am sure this is a dumb question, but I do have an installation related query: I currently have files part 1, 2 and 3 installed and everything seems to be working fine. However, I did see another file at the top of the list in the download section that is simply called "Captured Dreams.esp". Are you supposed to install that file as well? What does it do in relation to the "scrips & esp" component in the "CD part 1" file? Is there a load order consideration here when installing this additional .esp? Many thanks!

30 minutes ago, pnutz78 said:

My apologies, I am sure this is a dumb question, but I do have an installation related query: I currently have files part 1, 2 and 3 installed and everything seems to be working fine. However, I did see another file at the top of the list in the download section that is simply called "Captured Dreams.esp". Are you supposed to install that file as well? What does it do in relation to the "scrips & esp" component in the "CD part 1" file?

From the mod page:

For LE, the v4.15 esp should be replaced with the new esp file, optional files should work with it still.

DD v4 device removal update file should work for both LE and SSE as they are just scrip updates.

Parts 1-2-3 are v4.15 of the mod from 5 or so years ago before it was first taken offline.

The standalone plugin and the DD v4 device removal are updates you install on top of v4.15 and overwrite when asked.

Edited by Taki17
16 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

From the mod page:

Parts 1-2-3 are v4.15 of the mod from 5 or so years ago before it was first taken offline.

The standalone plugin and the DD v4 device removal are updates you install on top of v4.15 and overwrite when asked.

Thank you! One follow up: I am using mod organizer, so should I "merge" the new .esp file with the old CD1 file or I could install it as it's own mode put it in front in the load order and untick the .esp from CD1 file or can I get rid of the CD1 file altogether?

8 minutes ago, pnutz78 said:

should I "merge" the new .esp file with the old CD1 file or I could install it as it's own mode put it in front in the load order and untick the .esp from CD1 file or can I get rid of the CD1 file altogether?

Whatever floats your boat, as long as the new plugin and scripts win the overrides and they are those that get loaded by the game.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you can even pack all downloads into a single archive with the latest versions of every file required, using your file explorer and archive utility of choice.

Edited by Taki17
12 hours ago, Veladarius said:

It's still there, once you introduce your spouse to Master she will sell them to you.

I bought the toy box and the X cross but they are not in my inventory. How and when will they be used?

And the wardrope change doesn't do anything either. I have a variety of DDs in the inventory.

Edited by xyzxyz
2 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

My apologies, I am sure this is a dumb question, but I do have an installation related query: I currently have files part 1, 2 and 3 installed and everything seems to be working fine. However, I did see another file at the top of the list in the download section that is simply called "Captured Dreams.esp". Are you supposed to install that file as well? What does it do in relation to the "scrips & esp" component in the "CD part 1" file? Is there a load order consideration here when installing this additional .esp? Many thanks!

Yes, that esp has the devices updated with DD v4 properties. Most all items should work without it except the inescapable armbinder as that referres to a v3 script that wes removed from v4. It will replace the existing esp

Edited by Veladarius
53 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I bought the toy box and the X cross but they are not in my inventory. How and when will they be used?

And the wardrope change doesn't do anything either. I have a variety of DDs in the inventory.

There is a ring in your inventory that is used to place, move and pack items. You can also move items using Jaxons mod that allows you to move furniture and such.

one more observation: when I do the chaste life route and ask Master for some supervised release- my poor PC masturbates herself to death (caught in an infinite loop of "I think you are still not quite done yet"). I kind of quit after the 10th self pleasuring session. I somehow think this might have to do with the arousal score as I can see that it is not getting less. I started out at 32 and after going to town on myself for 10 times it was 30. Anyone experienced something similar or has and idea what causes this? I am using SLAX btw.

27 minutes ago, pnutz78 said:

I kind of quit after the 10th self pleasuring session. I somehow think this might have to do with the arousal score as I can see that it is not getting less. I started out at 32 and after going to town on myself for 10 times it was 30. Anyone experienced something similar or has and idea what causes this? I am using SLAX btw.

I can say that this doesn't sound normal.  It might something as simple as Exhibitionist being enabled, so arousal gets kicked through the roof if you're, um, performing in public.  You might look at your Time Rate.  That can really get out of hand with frequent orgasms.  I like to set my Time Rate Change setting to zero.  Values greater than zero fuel a sex addiction cycle, where frequent sex leads to needing more sex, and never being satisfied.  Use the Puppet Master page in SLAX to set your Time Rate to something sane (I like the default, 10).  If you then set Time Rate Change to 0, you won't have the sex-crazed nympho problem (I can hear the comments now, "That's a problem?" :)).  This might not be the actual cause, but it could be contributing.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

I can say that this doesn't sound normal.  It might something as simple as Exhibitionist being enabled, so arousal gets kicked through the roof if you're, um, performing in public.  You might look at your Time Rate.  That can really get out of hand with frequent orgasms.  I like to set my Time Rate Change setting to zero.  Values greater than zero fuel a sex addiction cycle, where frequent sex leads to needing more sex, and never being satisfied.  Use the Puppet Master page in SLAX to set your Time Rate to something sane (I like the default, 10).  If you then set Time Rate Change to 0, you won't have the sex-crazed nympho problem (I can hear the comments now, "That's a problem?" :)).  This might not be the actual cause, but it could be contributing.

Appreciate the feedback and train of thought. I made the changes you suggested but unfortunately no change. What I will try next is to trigger some sex scenes outside of the mod and see if the arousal rate (assuming that's what controls the CD scene) is changing. If not....then I am a bit stomped- never had that kind of problem with slax before...

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Alright, confirmed: arousal does not get updated for any kind of sex. I have never seen this before and have no idea how to fix it ? . As a first step I will just replace SLAX with SLAR and start a fresh game to see if this happens again.