Who is the MOST EVIL fictional character ever?

I decided to bring this one back because... I honestly don't care anymore. The title says it all. The rules:

1. The character cannot be a real person who appeared in fiction. So, just because Hitler appeared on Family Guy doesn't mean that he can be chosen.

2. Try to avoid characters who have  justifiable motives. You can choose these types, but try not to.

3. No religious or political stuff. Seriously, how hard is it to avoid talking about this shit? I'm pretty sure that most of you will just ignore this and cause this to be taken down, but hey. At least I can't be blamed for not trying. I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch, but really. How hard is it to not talk about religion or politics? I'm religious and have my own political alignment, yet I can avoid it. It's not hard.

My choice is Morgoth from the Middle Earth franchise by J.R.R Tolkien. Basically, everything bad that happens in the series can be traced back to him. For example: Remember Sauron? Morgoth was his former master.

While somewhat concerned that these words will suddenly cease to exist as well, not too worried if they do because:

1. It is unlikely anything of value would be lost. 
2. Given enough time, all words will cease to exist.

With the affirmation of positivity out of the way, my nominee for MOST EVIL 2: The Repostening is John Doe

Edited by ElaboratePseudonym
spelling

The Emperor of Man from Warhammer 40k. If you know some things about the Imperium of Man, you will begin to get an idea of what I'm talking about. The emperor ended up destroying several worlds that were in some cases far more advanced than the up-and-coming imperium. Some worlds were peaceful and prosperous, there was one that had even formed a very close relationship with a xenos race and both civilizations were very prosperous because of it, but the emperor destroyed all of those civilizations in order to bring them under one empire, an empire that is very oppressive and regressive in its beliefs and principals. Ironically, the actions of the emperor may very well have kicked off a very reliable source of energy for the daemon god Khorne to feed off of, as the time before the empire was more peaceful. There are all kinds of reasons I could put, but if you look into the lore of the Warhammer universe it should quickly become apparent that the Emperor of Man is really not that great a guy and was arguably a deficit to the future of mankind rather than a benefit, in that universe.

Edited by Z0mBieP00Nani
2 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Was ist mit dem klassischen Bild von Außerirdischen, die die Menschheit auslöschen?

that only shows the inside of man himself... for the extraterrestrials are only the reflection of his own fears

and he has every reason to do so ... the way he treated himself looking back

Vor 16 Minuten sagte Doktor Cadaver:

Aus Ihrer Sicht: Wollen Sie damit sagen, dass der Mensch sein eigener schlimmster Feind ist?

that's what all these SFi "bad guys" say... they're just a mirror of ourselves

(I have been reading Sfi for more than 50 years and have also dealt with it from the point of view of literary science)

5 hours ago, Miauzi said:

that only shows the inside of man himself... for the extraterrestrials are only the reflection of his own fears

and he has every reason to do so ... the way he treated himself looking back

4 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

So in your perspective: are you saying that man is his own worst enemy?

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

that's what all these SFi "bad guys" say... they're just a mirror of ourselves

(I have been reading Sfi for more than 50 years and have also dealt with it from the point of view of literary science)

(sigh)

How long before this attracts people who will talk about the stuff I asked people not to? I'm not saying that's what you guys are doing, but still. There's one user who I know will.

Hal 9000

HAL 9000 is a sentient artificial general intelligence computer that controls the systems of the Discovery One spacecraft and interacts with the ship's astronaut crew.

But I still say Eric Cartman, even though you say he is justified in his actions, the little shit is Evil!

Bingo Eric Cartman GIF - Bingo Eric Cartman South Park GIFs

Edited by Sir Bron
3 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Hal 9000

HAL 9000 is a sentient artificial general intelligence computer that controls the systems of the Discovery One spacecraft and interacts with the ship's astronaut crew.

If you want an evil AI, try XANA from that French show Code Lyoko. A coworker told me about that show and let me just say, XANA is pure evil, doing whatever it can to conquer the world.

5 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

But I still say Eric Cartman, even though you say he is justified in his actions, the little shit is Evil!

Bingo Eric Cartman GIF - Bingo Eric Cartman South Park GIFs

I wouldn't know if "justified" is the right word, but I agree that he's evil.

3 minutes ago, deadjester226 said:

XANA is pure evil

Have not heard of it. HAL 9000 is so even toned in speaking, it's like creepy while being evil, but they did try to kill it.

5 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Have not heard of it. HAL 9000 is so even toned in speaking, it's like creepy while being evil, but they did try to kill it.

It's a good show. XANA has the power to mess with reality and stuff. As in it can create things that infiltrate the real world and cause chaos.

Vor 46 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Habe noch nichts davon gehört. HAL 9000 spricht so gleichmäßig, dass es gruselig wirkt, obwohl es böse ist, aber sie haben versucht, es zu töten.

HAL was never angry - it had received conflicting instructions before launch.

Ultimately, he had been instructed to bring the mission to a successful conclusion - neither his creator nor the crew of the spaceship knew of the order (will be explained in more detail in Part 2 "2010").

So he prioritized the task of protecting and assisting the people over the successful completion of the mission.

Since HAL didn't have a morale system...he can't be evil in the first place.

The people (who designed this mission) only thought until 11:00 a.m. instead of 12:00 p.m.

?

Anton Chigurh from "No Country for Old Men"

He's been described as the most realistic portrayal of a psychopath.   In the movie,  Chigurh comes off as being completely detached from anything resembling empathy, guilt, remorse.   Killing people is akin to folding laundry for him.   Morality doesn't even exist for him and the fact that he uses a cattle bolt gun probably suggests what he thinks of the rest of humanity.  

Edited by Celedhring
19 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I never heard of Doodlebob, but the name alone fills me with dread.

Me neither ?

Am I too far away, deep in the Northern Kingdoms, Boston or Tamriel?

Edited by worik
8 hours ago, Miauzi said:

HAL was never angry - it had received conflicting instructions before launch.

Ultimately, he had been instructed to bring the mission to a successful conclusion - neither his creator nor the crew of the spaceship knew of the order (will be explained in more detail in Part 2 "2010").

So he prioritized the task of protecting and assisting the people over the successful completion of the mission.

Since HAL didn't have a morale system...he can't be evil in the first place.

I had to think on your reply for a bit...Because his programming was conflicted, i.e. faulty, does that make the actions he did Ok?

If I were to program an AI driven Synth with the propensity to kill, main, injure, are the actions lessened by the fact that it's just programming?

Is the programmer the only party at fault? The AI in HAL 9000 should have been in conflict with it's core programming and shut itself down, to continue was most likely Conflicting in itself.

Edited by Sir Bron