Who is the MOST EVIL fictional character ever?

Vor 2 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Ich musste eine Weile über Ihre Antwort nachdenken ... Da seine Programmierung widersprüchlich, dh fehlerhaft, war, sind die Aktionen, die er ausgeführt hat, dadurch in Ordnung?

Wenn ich einen KI-gesteuerten Synthesizer mit der Neigung zu töten, zu zerstören oder zu verletzen programmieren würde, werden die Aktionen dann durch die Tatsache gemindert, dass es sich nur um Programmierung handelt?

Ist der Programmierer der einzige Schuldige? Die KI in HAL 9000 hätte mit ihrer Kernprogrammierung in Konflikt geraten und sich selbst abschalten sollen, das Fortfahren wäre höchstwahrscheinlich an sich schon ein Konflikt gewesen.

HAL can't switch itself off at all ... because both orders alone are in contradiction to this.

(without HAL the spaceship doesn't work - so the last astronaut can't return to earth either!)

He doesn't have that freedom of action and it wasn't even intended by his creator.

This is also not about HAL's guilt or innocence - just "evil ... yes or no??"

So to describe him as "evil" artificially created intelligence is ultimately just an expression of not really understanding the novels or films.

my point of view on this: -> HAL confronts us with our own arrogance as a human being ... which feeds on abysmal stupidity.

5 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

I had to think on your reply for a bit...Because his programming was conflicted, i.e. faulty, does that make the actions he did Ok?

Like I said, you guys CAN choose characters with justifiable motives. It's just, in my opinion, what makes a character evil is WHY they're evil. For example, the reason XANA became evil was because it simply grew and evolved until it became self aware and extremely powerful. Nothing caused XANA to become evil except its lust for power and control.

20 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Doodlebob. He literally wanted to erase his creator.

doodlebob-spongebob.gif

YOU DOODLE! ME SPONGEBOB!

18 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Pixies from the Fairly Odd parents

image.jpeg.b25ac69d3424ad094cddad10938aeefb.jpeg

If there is anything more evil than an evil baby sitter it is square headed magic people whose whole idea of fun is making the world boring.

Fuck those guys. Seriously.

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

So to describe him as "evil" artificially created intelligence is ultimately just an expression of not really understanding the novels or films.

You didn't have to go there...:cry:

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

HAL confronts us with our own arrogance as a human being ... which feeds on abysmal stupidity.

I agree with that.

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

HAL can't switch itself off at all ... because both orders alone are in contradiction to this.

(without HAL the spaceship doesn't work - so the last astronaut can't return to earth either!)

He doesn't have that freedom of action and it wasn't even intended by his creator.

Well the terminator superseded his core programming and destroyed itself, so never say never, can we agree to disagree on this?

It's been a really long, long time since I saw that movie.

Vor 6 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Du hättest nicht dorthin gehen müssen... :cry:

Ich stimme dem zu.

Nun, der Terminator hat seine Kernprogrammierung abgelöst und sich selbst zerstört. Sagen Sie also niemals nie. Können wir uns darauf einigen, da nicht einer Meinung zu sein?

Es ist wirklich sehr, sehr lange her, dass ich diesen Film gesehen habe.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to see an extensive exhibition about Stanley Kubrick here in Berlin - among other things, the huge stage equipment with which he had shot the scenes inside the spaceship (living area) was on display.

That prompted me to read Arthur C. Clarke's books again - there are a total of 3 on the subject of "A Space Odyssey" -> 2001 - 2010 - 2061

I'll admit - just the movie "2001" alone without the books makes a HAL seem like an ultimate villain. Kubrick has staged this perfectly with his film art ... but ultimately misleads the viewer - if he only stays on the surface of the plot.

That's why Clarke takes up the topic of "HAL 9000" again in "2010" (which was also filmed) and explains why he had to act like this.

In this context, one could also look at the SFi film "Kolossus".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus:_The_Forbin_Project

This film ran on TV in Germany at the end of the 1970s and was a kind of predecessor to the plot of the Terminator series (Skynet).

Here, too, one can finally ask the question:

"is the created artificial intelligence "evil" or does it simply have a different view of things than humans?"

11 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

A few years ago I was lucky enough to see an extensive exhibition about Stanley Kubrick here in Berlin - among other things, the huge stage equipment with which he had shot the scenes inside the spaceship (living area) was on display.

That prompted me to read Arthur C. Clarke's books again - there are a total of 3 on the subject of "A Space Odyssey" -> 2001 - 2010 - 2061

I'll admit - just the movie "2001" alone without the books makes a HAL seem like an ultimate villain. Kubrick has staged this perfectly with his film art ... but ultimately misleads the viewer - if he only stays on the surface of the plot.

That's why Clarke takes up the topic of "HAL 9000" again in "2010" (which was also filmed) and explains why he had to act like this.

In this context, one could also look at the SFi film "Kolossus".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus:_The_Forbin_Project

This film ran on TV in Germany at the end of the 1970s and was a kind of predecessor to the plot of the Terminator series (Skynet).

Here, too, one can finally ask the question:

"is the created artificial intelligence "evil" or does it simply have a different view of things than humans?"

Too Cool, I bet that was an Experience!  But I never had the opportunity to read the book, too busy working.

1 hour ago, Sir Bron said:

Well the terminator superseded his core programming and destroyed itself, so never say never, can we agree to disagree on this?

Well, keep in mind that, in the second Terminator movie, the T-800 (Arnold's character) was hacked by the Human Resistance in his time to help protect young John in the past from the T-1000, so T-800 didn't really do that himself per se. Having said that, T-800 DID learn love and compassion from his time with young John, which was NOT an external thing.

10 hours ago, deadjester226 said:

Well, keep in mind that, in the second Terminator movie, the T-800 (Arnold's character) was hacked by the Human Resistance in his time to help protect young John in the past from the T-1000,

Ok, but HAL had faulty programing and @Miauzi said it couldn't shut itself down, T-800 hacked = faulty programming, if it could call up persons, places, things from the original programming the the original evil robot was still in there, somewhere.   :wacko:

Vor 5 Minuten sagte Sir Bron:

Ok, aber HAL hatte eine fehlerhafte Programmierung und @Miauzi sagte, es könne sich nicht selbst herunterfahren, T-800 gehackt = fehlerhafte Programmierung, wenn es Personen, Orte, Dinge aus der ursprünglichen Programmierung aufrufen könnte, wäre der ursprüngliche böse Roboter immer noch da drin , irgendwo. :wacko:

Exactly - that's the major difference between HAL and the T-800

both have no free will... but are intelligent

HAL had contradictory orders and could not prevent the killing of people (ship crew).

T-800 was designed to kill humans - the "hacking" only (temporarily) overwrote the core programming

---

only in the last film of this series (the one with the female "cyborg" on the side of the insurgents) did the T-800 have a period of its own development...

...and so he was able to overcome his core programming himself - also because he had fulfilled his primary assignment (death of John Conner).

---

that's why artificial man-made beings (AI etc.) don't really qualify as "ultimate" villains...they are just a mirror of ourselves - just like extraterrestrials

1 hour ago, beefers said:

the devil.  According to the bahble he's the source of all evil.  Can't get worse than that.

What did I say about posting about religion?

On 5/27/2023 at 1:26 AM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

The Emperor of Man from Warhammer 40k. If you know some things about the Imperium of Man, you will begin to get an idea of what I'm talking about. The emperor ended up destroying several worlds that were in some cases far more advanced than the up-and-coming imperium. Some worlds were peaceful and prosperous, there was one that had even formed a very close relationship with a xenos race and both civilizations were very prosperous because of it, but the emperor destroyed all of those civilizations in order to bring them under one empire, an empire that is very oppressive and regressive in its beliefs and principals. Ironically, the actions of the emperor may very well have kicked off a very reliable source of energy for the daemon god Khorne to feed off of, as the time before the empire was more peaceful. There are all kinds of reasons I could put, but if you look into the lore of the Warhammer universe it should quickly become apparent that the Emperor of Man is really not that great a guy and was arguably a deficit to the future of mankind rather than a benefit, in that universe.

Not even a blip on the evil meter of 40k, tbh. The dark elves were created after a planet-wide, drug-fueled murder orgy of the good elves created Slaanesh.

51 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

Are they evil if they are sexy about it?

Pin by Anthony on Fantazy | Succubus art, Female demons, Demon girl

Evil is evil, but being sexy about it makes it enjoyable. It's what I like about succubi. They're evil, but they're (mostly) sexy.