0.9.5 Report

I don't have any bugs to report, and I'd consider the current version both playable and stable. I didn't, however, finish the mod yet so I can't make any (final) assumptions.

I do, however, have a small request - the Size Queen. Is there any chance you could either remove it from MHK and make it a separate mod OR better yet, enable it at the start of the game, whether MHK quest started or not?

I really like the Size Queen feature, and I didn't experience any issues with it during my testing of MHK. I'd just prefer it to be enabled at the start of the game.

Also, another feature I'd personally like to see is the integration with AAF Violate - if Violators are Supermutants, there should be a chance that it (Violate) passes the player to MHK pit for new adventures. It might be a good idea to add a chest or something so Player can retrieve their items once MHK's abduction is completed and Player escapes.

Other than that, MHK is excellent and I can't wait to see the future of it!

As always, keep up the great work and take care!

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I do, however, have a small request - the Size Queen. Is there any chance you could either remove it from MHK and make it a separate mod OR better yet, enable it at the start of the game, whether MHK quest started or not?

I'm torn on that. I don't want that to start until the player is ready for it (and the premise is that the player doesn't get the ability to acclimate to mutie cock until getting severely drugged and brainwashed), but on the other hand activating it is as simple as changing the MHK_SizeQueen global from 0 to 1 so there's no real reason it can't be available earlier.

2 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Also, another feature I'd personally like to see is the integration with AAF Violate - if Violators are Supermutants, there should be a chance that it (Violate) passes the player to MHK pit for new adventures. It might be a good idea to add a chest or something so Player can retrieve their items once MHK's abduction is completed and Player escapes.

Unlike, say, RSE II: CSA abductions or Raider Pet enslavement, being sent to the breeding pit is a one-time experience and the player is forever changed by it. The whole point of the mod is to provide a start-game setup so the player can then take the perks and equipment from there and continue other quest mods or vanilla game quests with a unique twist on the normal gameplay mechanics. Having another mod like Violate start that scenario, particularly having to wait for some random event like a Violate outcome to start it, is really not in keeping with the intent of the mod.

That said, I'm planning for a solution that has breeding patrols (maybe mutie stalkers too) to re-abduct the player to a variety of different super mutant encampments around the Commonwealth, but that's going to be tied into when I activate the other exits from the cave complex, since some of those camps will be what's on the other side of the doorways.

30 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm torn on that. I don't want that to start until the player is ready for it (and the premise is that the player doesn't get the ability to acclimate to mutie cock until getting severely drugged and brainwashed), but on the other hand activating it is as simple as changing the MHK_SizeQueen global from 0 to 1 so there's no real reason it can't be available earlier.

When you put it like this, I guess you're right - having it set to 0 (disabled) prior to starting MHK seems logical. That being said, I'm really missing a feature like Size Queen in FO4. Surely, the Wear System from Sex Attributes works perfectly, but how do I know how open (wide) the character is? Hopefully someone creates something similar!

33 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Unlike, say, RSE II: CSA abductions or Raider Pet enslavement, being sent to the breeding pit is a one-time experience and the player is forever changed by it. The whole point of the mod is to provide a start-game setup so the player can then take the perks and equipment from there and continue other quest mods or vanilla game quests with a unique twist on the normal gameplay mechanics. Having another mod like Violate start that scenario, particularly having to wait for some random event like a Violate outcome to start it, is really not in keeping with the intent of the mod.

That said, I'm planning for a solution that has breeding patrols (maybe mutie stalkers too) to re-abduct the player to a variety of different super mutant encampments around the Commonwealth, but that's going to be tied into when I activate the other exits from the cave complex, since some of those camps will be what's on the other side of the doorways.

I kinda figured MHK is one-time experience. However, if we consider all Supermutants the same (with the same goal - in this case to repopulate), then it definitely makes sense to have the whole pit one-time experience. Your planned solution would fit in perfectly, really hoping (and looking forward to) seeing it implemented!

Like I said, I'm really interested in the future of this mod as it promises a lot. It's clearly visible that you've spent so many hours on it already, and I both like and respect that!

I'll continue on playing and testing it and should there be any bugs, I'll surely let you know! Take care and keep up the outstanding work!

0.9.5 - Missing texture

A small issue, mind you. The dead body (well... half of the body) in the shopping cart in the pit has no textures. I wouldn't say that there's a file conflict as the only file conflicting (overwriting) the MHK in my load order is Moneyshot 4K Textures. It could be that you've misplaced/forgot to include the textures for the dead body.

@vaultbait There are a few thing I forget too mention in my earlier post.

I have small nitpick with the Brainwashing Beds, I feel like there should be some crude device placed near them emitting hallucinogenic gas, probably obtained from HalluciGen, Inc.

Would love it if the mod goes heavier into the "give in", "just let go", "everything is fine", "join us", "you are safe here", "let your pussy think for you", "breeding is good for you" vibes thorough out the mods story.

So obviously the mod is centered around breeding.

However... currently breeding doesn't have any game play functionality, it doesn't really do anything.

Sure it is meant to be used alongside mods like FPE and BLTC, and we see here that it adds flavor, but it still doesn't really add much to the breeding.

Breeding simply isn't really beneficial to the player.

It needs to be rewarding, have value. The message should be "Breeding is good for you."

My suggestion is to make breeding a currency, you breed you get tokens.

The Tokens could be spent on things like:

• Dispensers similar to the library token machines.
    • Dispensers are spread out near mutant camps.
    • Contains a random assortment of chems, crafting components and ammo.
    • Contains Syringer ammo, never use that gun due it's ammo rarity.
    • Often contains items that are normally quite rare.
    • Contains items added by this mod that are only available with tokens.
  • Hiring the services of mutants for an x amount of time.
  • Potentially added settlement items requiring these tokens to build.

This system essentially opens up a whole new way to play the game, and makes you want to engage with the breeding interactions.

Plus it makes the mod less depended on other mods for fun. I personally don't use FPE or any of the other listed mods, I think they make the game more tedious and bloated than adding fun.

It is important that the mod is primarily fun on it's own.

A few weapon ideas:

• Flare gun that sends Mutant reinforcements instead of Minutemen. (Ammo bought with tokens)
  • Mutant Gas Grenade/Mines, I think Flashy (JoeR)'s RSE mod had explosives made out of your own feces, they caused vomiting/fainting, gnarly stuff.

A few perk ideas:

• Mutant Firearms - Handmade guns do 50% more damage and have stagger chance. (Make peashooters great again.)
  • Mutant Martial Arts - Big melee weapons such as Sledge Hammers do more 50% Limb damage and weigh 25% less.
  • Critical Chems - 5% Crit Chance per active Chems.

Considering that Mutants will be friendlier towards you, means that the Commonwealth becomes a safer place, which isn't great.

The game isn't much fun if there's less to shoot at.

• Random big raider/gunner encounters assaulting mutants camps.
  • Radiant quests involving the protection your green overlords from the inferior races.

:sleepy: Oof, okay that was another completed wall of text.?

36 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

0.9.5 - Missing texture

A small issue, mind you. The dead body (well... half of the body) in the shopping cart in the pit has no textures. I wouldn't say that there's a file conflict as the only file conflicting (overwriting) the MHK in my load order is Moneyshot 4K Textures. It could be that you've misplaced/forgot to include the textures for the dead body.

Can you post a screenshot? I don't remember putting a body in a shopping cart. I did place a vanilla game super mutant gore shopping cart static object in the pit, but there's nothing custom about it and I definitely didn't add a separate human body in it.

25 minutes ago, Navybuster said:

I have small nitpick with the Brainwashing Beds, I feel like there should be some crude device placed near them emitting hallucinogenic gas, probably obtained from HalluciGen, Inc.

Your first time in the beds does come with a hint that the NPCs there were doing something to you while you were unconscious or semi-conscious. The idea is that they're drugging you and providing subconscious conditioning while you sleep, probably also doing sexual things to you (and obviously undressing you if you go to bed while wearing clothing, taking away any birth control you might have collected elsewhere, etc).

30 minutes ago, Navybuster said:

So obviously the mod is centered around breeding.

However... currently breeding doesn't have any game play functionality, it doesn't really do anything.

Sure it is meant to be used alongside mods like FPE and BLTC, and we see here that it adds flavor, but it still doesn't really add much to the breeding.

Breeding simply isn't really beneficial to the player.

It needs to be rewarding, have value. The message should be "Breeding is good for you."

Yes, as you've observed (and as I've tried to convey in the mod description), this is aimed at being a complimentary mix-in with other sex-oriented mods. I've tried really hard to avoid adding features that duplicate any already present in other popular mods since they do a better job of them than I could ever hope to, so this is more about filling in the gaps between.

I agree though, pregnancy doesn't have much in the way of benefits (technically FPER has some perks you can acquire which give you bonuses from being pregnant, but that's not the case with regular FPE). Once this reaches the 1.0.0 release I'm going to switch to creating content for the obstetrics wing of Medford Memorial Hospital, and was thinking of making some of the rewards there focus more on benefits for being pregnant. It would still need FPE (or FPER) though, I'm really not interested in creating my own separate pregnancy system for this mod.

And while I appreciate the thought you've put into your suggestions, as I mention at the beginning of the mod description I'm not short on ideas for things to add. On the contrary, I've already got more content planned out that I'll probably have time to implement. If anything, I need to focus on prioritizing what out of my existing list of plans should be implemented first.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Your first time in the beds does come with a hint that the NPCs there were doing something to you while you were unconscious or semi-conscious. The idea is that they're drugging you and providing subconscious conditioning while you sleep, probably also doing sexual things to you (and obviously undressing you if you go to bed while wearing clothing, taking away any birth control you might have collected elsewhere, etc).

Yeah the nitpick is me more or less wanting more of a visualization, that the super mutants gained possession of a mind altering drug chemical. A failed pre-war chem meant to stimulate the female body's reproductive organs, which unintentionally caused severe obsession for getting dicked down by the biggest cocks possible.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, as you've observed (and as I've tried to convey in the mod description), this is aimed at being a complimentary mix-in with other sex-oriented mods. I've tried really hard to avoid adding features that duplicate any already present in other popular mods since they do a better job of them than I could ever hope to, so this is more about filling in the gaps between.

I agree though, pregnancy doesn't have much in the way of benefits (technically FPER has some perks you can acquire which give you bonuses from being pregnant, but that's not the case with regular FPE). Once this reaches the 1.0.0 release I'm going to switch to creating content for the obstetrics wing of Medford Memorial Hospital, and was thinking of making some of the rewards there focus more on benefits for being pregnant. It would still need FPE (or FPER) though, I'm really not interested in creating my own separate pregnancy system for this mod.

Honestly I'd say that adding a token currency system hardly causes any overlap with other mods.

If any it's more beneficial to have it. You could hook it up with FPE/FPER, were giving birth rewards you with a decent amount tokens to spent, motivating players to get pregnant.

Or any other mod that has sex encounters with mutants.

The old Zodiac mod, that one has a token currency where you could add an exchange system support for. So again another potential mod yours could complement.

I only see having your own currency system as a win-win.

Even though you intent to make a mod to support others, it can easily be great on its own.

I'd say it should be the other way around, other mod complimenting yours. ?

IDK, like the listed mods are all "sandboxing/simulation roleplaying" content that don't really add game play, except for a bit of flavor, but in the end you don't need them.

I'm one the people who prefers story quest mods, and sure you can add some side-quest that are only available with certain mods, to get more use out of them.

@vaultbait You've written some nice stories for your Brainwashing Bed dreams, I think storytelling is where your strength lies.

Yeah... I'd like to see your fantasies carried over to the rest of the mod. Make it feel like you're living a hypnotic fever dream.

On another topic, I was thinking... There are several quests in the game that involve clearing out mutants, like Trinity Tower to obtain Strong or that one BoS mission to clear out a weapon storage depot.

This gave me an idea. Some form of bounty/fine system.

1. Once you're are a breeder, killing mutants cause a bounty to slowly go up.
  2. It can't be payed off, it will rise when it hits a maximum.
  3. If the maximum bounty limit is met, you'll get bounty collector encounters.
  4. You're transported to a "Breeder Rehab outpost".
  5. You're placed in a small room and get strapped up in a chem-injector chair.
  6. The room has pro-breeding messages scribbled all over the walls and you're surrounded by TVs and audio equipment.
  7. A text pop-up with a brainwashing story event is shown on screen.
  8. You're released from rehab. Your pussy is now filled with determination.
  9. If FPE/FPER is installed, you get a big 24 hour fertility boost and accelerated pregnancy.
  10. A breeding radiant quest is added, so you can get some exp for it as well.
  11. Maybe a radiant quest to kill some raiders/gunners, because humanity needs to be punished for the loss of green brethren.
  12. Rinse and repeat.

Okay, I'm going tell let you cook in peace now. Have Fun!! ?

Edited by Navybuster
3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Can you post a screenshot? I don't remember putting a body in a shopping cart. I did place a vanilla game super mutant gore shopping cart static object in the pit, but there's nothing custom about it and I definitely didn't add a separate human body in it.

Sure thing! Here:

Spoiler

enb2023_11_24_00_29_40.jpg.48ebbadaf649d82d43d3d205d120e480.jpg

Unfortunately, I bring other bad news...

Sex Harassment integration needs serious rework. I don't mind approaches from Mutants (though their dialogues could use rework), but the biggest issue is with the type of approach that's happening. I got a lot of Hypno approaches, and that's fine. What's not is having blackmail/devious/flirt/fan approach - those need to get disabled.

Why?

Simple - Devious Devices. It makes absolutely no sense for Mutants to have them. But the real reason is DD itself - the mod is old and buggy mess, and would (usually; from my experience) leave permanent changes on Player, and that's a massive black flag for me. I've disabled great majority of the available devices because of that yet still one of the mutants (blackmailer) was able to equip a baloon mask in which appears to be in mint condition despite the whole of MHK being set in dirty wet hole that is the Pit.

I sincerely hope you're able to fix this. Devious Devices is a cool concept that works awfully and (in my humble opinion) should definitely not be used*. It's far below 2023 modding standards and is best left in the past where it belongs.

* I know there isn't any alternative available yet (other than Real Handcuffs), but I despise DD's existence. Rather than making the game more challenging (what it's supposed to do), it makes the game irritating and nothing else. Just my opinion.

59 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Simple - Devious Devices. It makes absolutely no sense for Mutants to have them. But the real reason is DD itself - the mod is old and buggy mess, and would (usually; from my experience) leave permanent changes on Player, and that's a massive black flag for me. I've disabled great majority of the available devices because of that yet still one of the mutants (blackmailer) was able to equip a baloon mask in which appears to be in mint condition despite the whole of MHK being set in dirty wet hole that is the Pit.

I sincerely hope you're able to fix this. Devious Devices is a cool concept that works awfully and (in my humble opinion) should definitely not be used*. It's far below 2023 modding standards and is best left in the past where it belongs.

The Trappings of Fate is pretty much the only Skyrim SE mod that employs Devious Devices correctly, in an escape room game. So it fits there.

In almost every other mod it devolves into, "Do you want to crawl for multiple hours to the nearest town, that's a kilometer away in a hobble-dress, whilst unable to fight back because your arms are restrained". Yeah, this is anti-fun.

There should be a disable toggle if Devious Devices where ever to be included, and off by default of course.

19 hours ago, ZI0MATRIX said:

I uninstalled the Family Planning Enhanced Supermutant addon as I can't make Supermutant settlers work properly with the Settlement objects (Sim Settlement 1 plots, vanilla farm crops don't grow, vanilla shops...). One the other hand I would love to see how slowly settlements get taken over my these green humanoids with your own worn out breeder in between. So either we get SM to behave exactly like Human settlers (I guess difficult) or maybe a baby addon for FPE that makes gives every baby--> grown settler a greenish skin color. 

hmm last game i played with FPE(R) and Wasteland Dairy/Wasteland Offspring.  (not far enough in new game yet to play MHK)

at game end i had  a total of 5 Super Mutant settlers that had grown from pregnancy - baby - child - adult (settler) ....... (more were in various stages).

at settler lever what i had to do was move the adult (settler) to another settlement from the one the grew into adulthood in for them to actually be able

to be assigned (could move them right back if desired).  the jobs i could give them were

1 - tend crops (did not see them actually working the fields but it did count for food production)

2 - guard post

3 - provisioner (settlement supply lines)

did not test other jobs, but those worked at least.  one thing to note is that they will NOT sleep in a regular bed.  mattress on ground worked, providing they could

actually get to it.  no clue if they would use a sleeping bag or not (will check in this game if i remember to when i get a  SM settler).

don't know how useful the info is, but it is what i saw.

Honesty, I usually just killed the kid and added a mutant from SuperMutantWorkShop at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com).  It not only has a way to populate a settlement with mutants, but also a very wide range of clothes and settlement counterparts for all normal settlement jobs like security, shops, etc.  The voice is a bit weird, but it works.

Added benefit is that they count as regular super mutants but aren't part of the mutant faction, so they'll respond to hostile mutants like other settlers do while also being friendly to you for general purposes.

13 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Sure thing! Here:

That looks like you're using a mod that adds more gore to vanilla game objects, but missed installing some textures it relies on. There's one I use (I'm not near my game PC at the moment to check the name) which repurposes meshes and textures from Mutilated Dead Bodies, so perhaps you're using that but missed installing the MDB mod that supplies the textures for it?

Sex Harassment integration needs serious rework. I don't mind approaches from Mutants (though their dialogues could use rework), but the biggest issue is with the type of approach that's happening. I got a lot of Hypno approaches, and that's fine. What's not is having blackmail/devious/flirt/fan approach - those need to get disabled.

While some of those Sexual Harassment approaches don't really have super mutant appropriate dialogue, I personally like to play with them on because there are really no other mods that have similar approach systems for super mutants at all and I don't have available time to poorly reinvent that same wheel myself. Unfortunately, SH doesn't provide a means of limiting specific kinds of approaches to specific kinds of NPCs, you can turn super mutant harassers on/off, you can turn devious approaches on/off, but you can't allow devious approaches for humans and not for super mutants while allowing super mutants to engage in other kinds of approaches.

I've been playing around with the idea of adding a separate patch/mod that adds more mutie-appropriate dialogue and options for SH, though am also not sure I want to keep up the maintenance for something like that long-term and would rather work with the author to improve SH in that regard instead. I think Kziitd is also working on alternative struggle animations for super mutant approachers, since the human ones are really messed up when muties get squished into them.

Devious Devices. It makes absolutely no sense for Mutants to have them. But the real reason is DD itself - the mod is old and buggy mess, and would (usually; from my experience) leave permanent changes on Player, and that's a massive black flag for me. I've disabled great majority of the available devices because of that yet still one of the mutants (blackmailer) was able to equip a baloon mask in which appears to be in mint condition despite the whole of MHK being set in dirty wet hole that is the Pit.

DD Bench Unlocker is the main reason I put armor workbenches in easily accessible locations. I tend to just kick the armor bench over and over until it gives me a free unlock. I've also been considering adding a key cutting machine that serves as a dispenser for RH and DD keys too.

As for the balloon hoods, I personally disable those with Rogg's DD Items Manager because I too find them both ridiculous and inconvenient.

* I know there isn't any alternative available yet (other than Real Handcuffs), but I despise DD's existence. Rather than making the game more challenging (what it's supposed to do), it makes the game irritating and nothing else. Just my opinion.

I am planning to add support for Kziitd's Fetish Toolkit once it's publicly released, as an alternative to RH and DD. I wouldn't be surprised if there are similar plans for SA/SH to add KFT integration fairly quickly once it becomes available.

6 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

Honesty, I usually just killed the kid and added a mutant from SuperMutantWorkShop at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com).  It not only has a way to populate a settlement with mutants, but also a very wide range of clothes and settlement counterparts for all normal settlement jobs like security, shops, etc.  The voice is a bit weird, but it works.

Added benefit is that they count as regular super mutants but aren't part of the mutant faction, so they'll respond to hostile mutants like other settlers do while also being friendly to you for general purposes.

I don't do enough with settlement building so had never tried SMW, but I really should see if I can add some more convenient integration for it somehow. Thanks for the reminder.

I would state that it would be a nice to have thing, but really can't see it as a priority.  Besides, I think it would likely be better to talk with whoever is maintaining FPE and FPER for that kind of integration as it would really just boil down to swapping the adult super mutant from vanilla once the kid is fully grown into an adult from the workshop.  Everything else of benefit would come from the workshop itself.

As it is without any work you can build a button that auto generates a super mutant for your settlement, so just getting rid of the one you birthed and pushing the button to make a new one to take it's place isn't that much trouble for right now.  It's a super fast and effective workaround which means that it would really make more sense to focus on higher priority items like connecting the tunnels and whatnot.

20 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

I would state that it would be a nice to have thing, but really can't see it as a priority.  Besides, I think it would likely be better to talk with whoever is maintaining FPE and FPER for that kind of integration as it would really just boil down to swapping the adult super mutant from vanilla once the kid is fully grown into an adult from the workshop.  Everything else of benefit would come from the workshop itself.

As it is without any work you can build a button that auto generates a super mutant for your settlement, so just getting rid of the one you birthed and pushing the button to make a new one to take it's place isn't that much trouble for right now.  It's a super fast and effective workaround which means that it would really make more sense to focus on higher priority items like connecting the tunnels and whatnot.

As I said, I'll need to try it out first and figure out what the limitations are. At least with FPE's super mutant add-on, the adult super mutants can be assigned some tasks like normal settlers, there just isn't useful workshop furniture for them (that's where SMW looks like it will come in handy). I'm guessing what's different about the settlers SMW gives you is the alternative voicetype so that they have more typical settler and vendor dialogue, but I wonder if there's not a way to swap them out without replacing the NPCs and without patching FPE/the add-on.

Then again, both SMW and the super mutant add-on for FPE are many years old, not actively developed, so maintaining a patch for either or both of those it probably not a massive maintenance burden.

Edit: Tested it out for a few minutes yesterday when I had some time, and grown FPE super mutants can be assigned to basic workshop stations from SMW (I tried one of the scavenging station). The workshop reflected assignment status on the station and the settler, and the mutie started performing the task animation for it. I haven't tried creating a super mutant shop counter and assigning one as a vendor yet, though I expect that won't work out as well and so will likely need some fixing.

Edited by vaultbait
On 11/24/2023 at 7:06 PM, vaultbait said:

As I said, I'll need to try it out first and figure out what the limitations are. At least with FPE's super mutant add-on, the adult super mutants can be assigned some tasks like normal settlers, there just isn't useful workshop furniture for them (that's where SMW looks like it will come in handy). I'm guessing what's different about the settlers SMW gives you is the alternative voicetype so that they have more typical settler and vendor dialogue, but I wonder if there's not a way to swap them out without replacing the NPCs and without patching FPE/the add-on.

Then again, both SMW and the super mutant add-on for FPE are many years old, not actively developed, so maintaining a patch for either or both of those it probably not a massive maintenance burden.

Edit: Tested it out for a few minutes yesterday when I had some time, and grown FPE super mutants can be assigned to basic workshop stations from SMW (I tried one of the scavenging station). The workshop reflected assignment status on the station and the settler, and the mutie started performing the task animation for it. I haven't tried creating a super mutant shop counter and assigning one as a vendor yet, though I expect that won't work out as well and so will likely need some fixing.

If FPE mutants work fine with the SMworkshop stuff, can you make it so that the only way to get new mutant settlers is through FPE? ? Unless FPE isn't installed of course.

According to the SMworkshop mod description, they are spawned with the "SuperMutant Settlers Manager". So that would mean that you'd need to disable the Manager from being build-able. This would encourage the player to breed, in order to make a mutant settlement.

Might also be interesting if some of the build recipes for the Stores and Guard posts have to be unlocked via Quests.

3 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

@vaultbait - Just doing a fresh install of FO4 and MHK is causing a CTD when running the game. Has anything changed for requirements/conflicts? It used to work on the last intall :/

It shouldn't. Are you using Buffout 4? If so, run your crashlog through CLASSIC and see what it indicates.

35 minutes ago, VaunWolfe said:

I have left the pit and wandered around for a while and I have not  seen any breeder patrols. Do they spawn anywhere or just select locations?

They're a "random encounter" which means (Bethesda: hold my beer, I got this) they happen at predetermined locations on the world map. Yes, you read that correctly. ?

Luckily there are many, many such locations. The encounter markers come in a variety of flavors intended to support different classes of encounter (travel, chokepoint, assault, etc), but I make it so that breeding patrols can spawn at almost any kind of random encounter marker on the map.

Also, you may have seen a patrol and not noticed. They're just groups of normal super mutants, sometimes with FEV hounds and occasionally behemoths. How often you'll run into therm, the sizes of the groups and their makeup is determined by a variety of factors you'll find laid out in the mod description (on the file page expand the section under Quests and then the Expand Your Mind subsection and see the third paragraph there).

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It shouldn't. Are you using Buffout 4? If so, run your crashlog through CLASSIC and see what it indicates.

Yep, got Buffout. Just tried CLASSIC. When I click Scan Crash Logs, the terminal says:

Spoiler

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CLASSIC_Interface.py", line 352, in crash_logs_scan
  File "CLASSIC_ScanLogs.py", line 127, in crashlogs_scan
  File "CLASSIC_Main.py", line 573, in main_combined_result
  File "CLASSIC_Main.py", line 366, in xse_check_integrity
  File "pathlib.py", line 871, in __new__
  File "pathlib.py", line 509, in _from_parts
  File "pathlib.py", line 493, in _parse_args
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

Does this mean I've done something wrong or check lines 352, 127 etc of the crash log?

Found the culprit:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/71754

Funny thing is when I last played FO4 a couple of months ago, I had this rebuild mod included with MHK and it worked

Edited by ebbluminous
6 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Yep, got Buffout. Just tried CLASSIC. When I click Scan Crash Logs, the terminal says:

Hide contents

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CLASSIC_Interface.py", line 352, in crash_logs_scan
  File "CLASSIC_ScanLogs.py", line 127, in crashlogs_scan
  File "CLASSIC_Main.py", line 573, in main_combined_result
  File "CLASSIC_Main.py", line 366, in xse_check_integrity
  File "pathlib.py", line 871, in __new__
  File "pathlib.py", line 509, in _from_parts
  File "pathlib.py", line 493, in _parse_args
TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType

Does this mean I've done something wrong or check lines 352, 127 etc of the crash log?

I think it means CLASSIC was having trouble finding the location of your f4se.log in order to scan it for additional errors. You may need to set one of its path options (you should be able to do that from the GUI, or by editing CLASSIC's config file).

6 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Found the culprit:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/71754

Funny thing is when I last played FO4 a couple of months ago, I had this rebuild mod included with MHK and it worked

Skimming the comments on that, it looks like common causes of early CTD with it include missing a "shared resource" dependency it requires (or not having it earlier in your load order), and hitting the BA2 archive limit in FO4. If uninstalling MHK was resolving the crash, then the latter sounds plausible. The FOMOD installer for MHK include a choice between archives and loose files, if you decide you need to reduce your archive count.

48 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I think it means CLASSIC was having trouble finding the location of your f4se.log in order to scan it for additional errors. You may need to set one of its path options (you should be able to do that from the GUI, or by editing CLASSIC's config file).

Skimming the comments on that, it looks like common causes of early CTD with it include missing a "shared resource" dependency it requires (or not having it earlier in your load order), and hitting the BA2 archive limit in FO4. If uninstalling MHK was resolving the crash, then the latter sounds plausible. The FOMOD installer for MHK include a choice between archives and loose files, if you decide you need to reduce your archive count.

Had set the log pathway before I run it.

Within the limits - Still had a few other mods to install and they worked. Well til I hit the ones that don't like Invictus' Dead Body Fixer mod :D