2 hours ago, shiagwen said:

Could you enhance the addiction in a way that pc wants more and more restraints ?

I'm open to expanding this mechanic. How exactly do you envision this?

2 hours ago, krzp said:

There is a fix for that on LL, but I do remember that most mods that alter this dialogue bake this fix in

Never heard of this before. Curious it's not part of any fix compilations or it isn't a commonly recommended fix mod either. Condisdering all that, I will be needing to assess its impact before incorporating it, lest I end up doing a hostile edit to a base game record.

8 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Never heard of this before. Curious it's not part of any fix compilations or it isn't a commonly recommended fix mod either. Condisdering all that, I will be needing to assess its impact before incorporating it, lest I end up doing a hostile edit to a base game record.

Of course - aside from USSEP, I vaguely remember that Prison Overhauled also edited that out, and, I think, Prison Alternative did as well.  Take a look at the conditions logic, you'll see Bethesdas oversight there for yourself ?

Also, while we are on the topic for improvements, what do you think about the Free Use function to check for if I have a weapon equipped and active or something like that?

It feels kinda weird when the character, who's like a harbinger of doom at this point, strutting about a city with a monster greatsword out, gets a "You Are Going to Be used by lowly lvl 0.000001 Citizen"

Plus, I have a defeat mod on, and Free use recently fired for the one of the defeated actors in the dungeon, breaking the immersion somewhat ?

14 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I'm open to expanding this mechanic. How exactly do you envision this?

Well,  the buffs and debuffs should be always the same, independent of how many device addiction pc has. dont make it too complicated. It is up to you if you want to give every device certain effects. that may stack with skooma whore or cum addiction in survival.

each type of devices starts to count from the first time pc wears it. 

i hope it is possible to differentiate bewtween the devices because of the keyword they have. otherwise they must get a new keyword which would be horrible work.

the normal devices dont block gameplay and armor and can be worn all the time:

collar

cuffs

nipple piercings

clitoris piercings

harness

and others if you find more,.

the heavy devices block gameplay and armor and therefor can be worn only once in a while. :

gloves

boots

blindfold

gag

armbinder

yoke

breastyoke

suit

maybe chain

I wish i could convince you to put Whipping  to this list !

it alwyas count the group, so it doesnt matter if ringcag or ballgag or panelgag, a padded collar or a restricitive, etc.

to get the buffs and debiffs the devices need a cooldown after use to have some time to play the normal game.

the cooldown to start debuffs should differentitate between normal devices and heavydevices.  normal devices can not be worn for hours, heavy devices for days.  for example normal devices must be worn after 8 hours, heavy devices after 8 days to avoid the debuffs. maybe that timer goes faster the longer the addiction is.

this is a general guideline.  Have in mind that the dd addiction may add to addictions from other mods like skooma whore, survival (cum) and arousal in general.

i would love to have my pc addicted to all kind of sex !

Edited by shiagwen
19 hours ago, krzp said:

Of course - aside from USSEP, I vaguely remember that Prison Overhauled also edited that out, and, I think, Prison Alternative did as well.  Take a look at the conditions logic, you'll see Bethesdas oversight there for yourself ?

18 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's a documented bug (third bullet point in that section).  Yes, it is strange that it has gone unfixed.

I see. I will check it out and adjust the dialogue conditions accordingly, if I don't find any definitive conflicts. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

19 hours ago, krzp said:

Plus, I have a defeat mod on, and Free use recently fired for the one of the defeated actors in the dungeon, breaking the immersion somewhat ?

Granted I don't know what defeat mod is in effect here, however if it supports Sexlab and/or DD in any capacity, requesting its author the put the defeat scenario between a dhlp-suspend and -resume block wouldn't a be a terrible idea for general compatibility with DD mods, mine included.

5 hours ago, shiagwen said:

to get the buffs and debiffs the devices need a cooldown after use to have some time to play the normal game.

the cooldown to start debuffs should differentitate between normal devices and heavydevices.  normal devices can not be worn for hours, heavy devices for days.  for example normal devices must be worn after 8 hours, heavy devices after 8 days to avoid the debuffs. maybe that timer goes faster the longer the addiction is.

Funny you mention that. When developing the addiction feature, I have had the idea to grant further buffs to the player at full addiction level if they satisfied their craving for a specific restraint that changed and faded away for a new one every few days ingame. If there is an interest, I may restart working on this, provided I can implement a simple and robust enough tracking logic for it.

However mandating the player to always wear heavy restraints beyond 1-3 days I find way too debilitating and disruptive for gameplay, so that is unlikely to happen as a permanent feature. As is tracked addiction to every restraint type, that's way beyond the complexity I want.

5 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Funny you mention that. When developing the addiction feature, I have had the idea to grant further buffs to the player at full addiction level if they satisfied their craving for a specific restraint that changed and faded away for a new one every few days ingame. If there is an interest, I may restart working on this, provided I can implement a simple and robust enough tracking logic for it.

However mandating the player to always wear heavy restraints beyond 1-3 days I find way too debilitating and disruptive for gameplay, so that is unlikely to happen as a permanent feature. As is tracked addiction to every restraint type, that's way beyond the complexity I want.

i am sure you can do sonething about it. the point is :

it is too simple to fulfill  addiction with a simple leather collar. 

However, whatever i try, if i use your prostitution and get tied up, or if pc is tied up and uses whatever mod to start sex,  then i get very limited animations, mostly only one possible, some SH bound blowjob, which is taken from ZAZ AP.  No way to switch to other animations.  DD5.2 ignores my complete animation list, which consists billy, anub and others.  That does not motivate me to use dd 5.2 at all.

Edited by shiagwen
On 7/6/2023 at 11:15 AM, Taki17 said:

Granted I don't know what defeat mod is in effect here, however if it supports Sexlab and/or DD in any capacity, requesting its author the put the defeat scenario between a dhlp-suspend and -resume block wouldn't a be a terrible idea for general compatibility with DD mods, mine included.

It was me who defeated the bandit NPC's, so there wasn't much reason for the suspend? Otherwise half the game would be spent in a suspended state, and that would ruin the chest trapping mods ? I assume that as soon as the IsInCombat stopped being true due to all the actors being defeated and pacified, one of them was picked up by the Free Use function scan - and, to be fair, they were a completely valid target, weren't fighting, were available, passed the checks - from a narrative standpoint, I'd argue I wasn't the valid target at that moment, that's why I suggested the having a weapon out as a check ?  

The defeat mod is Acheron, I'm actually sort of impressed by it, it's fairly new but it's the only defeat mod that I've tried that hasn't completely broken itself or my save by level 45.

I have a query, if i get defeated by bandits and they subsequently get killed by travellers (and I use sexlab defeat v5 baka edition) my character is stuck in a crouched defeated position and just stays like that, there appears to be no timer to release the player character. also every single time i start a sexlab scene my character is frozen until the scene actually starts. I proved it was this mod that was doing it by uninstalling just this mod, and then both sexlab defeat and sexlab sex scenes started normally without my character being stuck.

Other than the above issue I otherwise love the mod and think its great, its just very frustrating to have the above issues

Edited by Maddac
12 hours ago, krzp said:

I wasn't the valid target at that moment, that's why I suggested the having a weapon out as a check

I'm wary of adding more such conditions to an implementation that's supposed to be as simple and straightforward as it gets. A weapon check would need to account not only for weapons, but mages who equip spells or even the odd unarmed fighter who is either bound by DD restraints or goes fisticuffs for whatever else of a reason. This is much more complexity than I want for this feature.

6 hours ago, Maddac said:

I have a query, if i get defeated by bandits and they subsequently get killed by travellers (and I use sexlab defeat v5 baka edition) my character is stuck in a crouched defeated position and just stays like that, there appears to be no timer to release the player character.

Dunno what you expect me to do about that. The defeat mod in question should clean up its own failed/aborted scenes.

6 hours ago, Maddac said:

also every single time i start a sexlab scene my character is frozen until the scene actually starts. I proved it was this mod that was doing it by uninstalling just this mod, and then both sexlab defeat and sexlab sex scenes started normally without my character being stuck.

Player controls are temporarily locked at the beginning of every sex scene started by this mod (and this mod only), that serves as a safeguard to have the scenes start up properly. Sex scenes started by other mods are unaffected by design, therefore I'm unsure how could this be causing anything like that. Granted, compatibility with any of the defeat mods was never intented in the first place. Get me a log from the time of the incident so I can investigate if there is an issue like this.

7 hours ago, Maddac said:

my character is stuck in a crouched defeated position and just stays like that, there appears to be no timer to release the player character. also every single time i start a sexlab scene my character is frozen until the scene actually starts.

Sounds like the usual SL defeat issues to me.

Try the SL defeat bane master version. I'm highly skeptical if it comes to SL defeat, but I wasn't able to break the bane version yet (so far only user error like forgetting to register creatures, which has the same symptoms as you described, same symptoms can be seen if no valid target is around or SL defeat bugs out).

I also have DI installed, which doesn't mean that another mod combo can show different results.

I just wonder how DI could effect SL defeat scenes.

14 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Dunno what you expect me to do about that. The defeat mod in question should clean up its own failed/aborted scenes.

Player controls are temporarily locked at the beginning of every sex scene started by this mod (and this mod only), that serves as a safeguard to have the scenes start up properly. Sex scenes started by other mods are unaffected by design, therefore I'm unsure how could this be causing anything like that. Granted, compatibility with any of the defeat mods was never intented in the first place. Get me a log from the time of the incident so I can investigate if there is an issue like this.

I think player controls being locked may be the issue, as I have never had any problems with the version of SL defeat I am using. I have used other versions and had problems with freezing, but not that version. I think its waiting for a sex scene to start, and when it doesn't happen it just stays locked because player controls are locked. SL defeat has a timeout that unlocks if the player isn't raped straight away, giving player a chance to free themselves. I have also tried other defeat mods and keep coming back to that version of SL defeat. Bane master version doesn't allow you to select female/female defeat option, whereas baka edition does.

I would much prefer the option not to have player controls locked. could you make that an optional button in the menu for those of us that don't want it? I for one want to be able to turn the feature off.

There's nothing worse than being beside the fireplace in an inn for example, and then having sex in the middle of the fire because I couldn't move the character to a better spot. or having the characters halfway through a wall.

On 7/9/2023 at 12:08 AM, Maddac said:

I think player controls being locked may be the issue, as I have never had any problems with the version of SL defeat I am using. I have used other versions and had problems with freezing, but not that version. I think its waiting for a sex scene to start, and when it doesn't happen it just stays locked because player controls are locked.

Sex scenes started by Defeat are still unaffected by this mod. Controls are locked only when the FuckPlayer function of the utility script of Devious Interests is called, and I can tell you with a certainty that no version of Defeat is explicitly calling this function from my mod. If such a call still sneaked into there due to an event firing during a defeat scene, post the log I asked for in the previous post so I can investigate using any tangible information.

On 7/9/2023 at 12:08 AM, Maddac said:

I would much prefer the option not to have player controls locked. could you make that an optional button in the menu for those of us that don't want it?

I'm not removing safeguards. Their purpose is to ward against any interference, so the only error handling and fallback won't be that the system needs to abort scenes in the process of setting them up because the player went through a loading door or started a conversation or something similar.

Edited by Taki17
1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

Sex scenes started by Defeat are still unaffected by this mod. Controls are locked only when the FuckPlayer function of the utility script of Devious Interests is called, and I can tell you with a certainty that no version of Defeat is explicitly calling this function from my mod. If such a call still sneaked into there due to an event firing during a defeat scene, post the log I asked for in the previous post so I can investigate using any tangible information.

I'm not removing safeguards. Their purpose is to ward against any interference, so the only error handling and fallback won't be that the system needs to abort scenes in the process of setting them up because the player went through a loading door or started a conversation or something similar.

all I am asking for is that the safeguards are optional, not mandatory as having the character frozen before the sex scene is very frustrating. your mod is brilliant and I love having it part of my load order except for that one thing. surely it isn't hard for you to have an on/off button for the safeguard in MCM, and I feel that my request is quite reasonable as it gives players a choice instead of being mandatory.

Re defeat issue I will have a look at what is happening with it and try another defeat version or mod to see if I get the same issue. Will try to get the log but never posted one before so bear with me.

After playing with this mod for awhile, I'm looking for some advice on how to make the repetitive dialogue triggers less obnoxious. 

It's getting really annoying when the comments events double/triple/quadruple dip because the events force quit dialogue, so you have to initiate dialogue consecutive times just to turn in a quest reward.

Example, PC is wearing armor but collar is visible.  NPC says 'why would you wear such things if you are going to hide them."  NPC strips PC - force quit dialogue.

Start dialogue again.  NPC makes another comment.  Probably hear about Laura's Bondage Shop for the 1000th time. Teases or activates PC's piercings - force quit dialogue.

Start dialogue again.  Go through 2 or 3 "..." or "Can I talk to you?" options.   Still not 100% chance you actually get through to turn in your quest reward.  If PC is gagged, good luck lol

Also, moving an NPC to a more private location is a chore when you have to confirm "This should be private enough" via dialogue.  Imagine going through 2 or 3 iterations of Devious Interest comment chains (perhaps getting locked up in something)  just to confirm you've arrived at a bed.

Maybe I have multiple mods affecting comments, but since I have the Devious Interest Voice Pack and these comments are all voiced, I'm assuming its mostly this mod (Apologies if it's not, it's possible Cursed Loot is compounding the problem, though DCL has a Device Comments Cooldown setting).

Anyways, this is getting really obnoxious, so what can I do in the MCM to make this more tolerable? 

I've reduced Restraint Comment Chance from 75% to 33%, but I'm not sure if that's making a difference.  Also, I disabled the non-consensual content.

Should I just suspend mod events altogether? Is there a more elegant setting or a way to apply a cooldown on comments?

Edited by Vaenja
On 7/16/2023 at 4:27 AM, Vaenja said:

After playing with this mod for awhile, I'm looking for some advice on how to make the repetitive dialogue triggers less obnoxious. 

It's getting really annoying when the comments events double/triple/quadruple dip because the events force quit dialogue, so you have to initiate dialogue consecutive times just to turn in a quest reward.

Events are supposed to have a cooldown between them and you can't set it lower than 0.5h by default, so this should not be happening. If an event fired, a cooldown should be initiated, to avoid precisely this.

If PC is gagged, good luck lol

Gag speak success chance is also adjustable. What do you have it on currently?

Also, moving an NPC to a more private location is a chore when you have to confirm "This should be private enough" via dialogue.  Imagine going through 2 or 3 iterations of Devious Interest comment chains (perhaps getting locked up in something)  just to confirm you've arrived at a bed.

This is not dialogue from my mod, dunno what is it from. However a workaround or solution for compatibilty would be that whatever mod puts this dialogue on characters, would also temporarily place the actor or the alias it fills into the zadDialogueDisable faction like the prostitution dialogue from DIN does, to avoid comments or events from triggering when they shouldn't.

Anyways, this is getting really obnoxious, so what can I do in the MCM to make this more tolerable? 

I've reduced Restraint Comment Chance from 75% to 33%, but I'm not sure if that's making a difference.  Also, I disabled the non-consensual content.

Should I just suspend mod events altogether? Is there a more elegant setting or a way to apply a cooldown on comments?

Comments will happen if the player is wearing visible restraints, actions and events that are going on cooldown for the specified time (default 1h) when one is fired. The consent toggle has no effect on this, only on what sort of events can happen.

Suspending mod events is intended to prevent random events like a self bondage attempt or masturbation from happening, and is currently not used to suspend restraint comments.

On 7/17/2023 at 5:57 PM, F0xiiNat0r said:

I just got the Key Theft Dialogue outcome even though I set it to 0.0% in the MCM? Has anyone else had that happen?

That's certainly unintended. Its workings are exactly the same as any other comments, however I will take a look and the conditions again. Can you confirm that other events have this issue too, despite being set to 0.0 chance?

10 hours ago, Taki17 said:

That's certainly unintended. Its workings are exactly the same as any other comments, however I will take a look and the conditions again. Can you confirm that other events have this issue too, despite being set to 0.0 chance?

Not OP, but I believe I have also observed outcomes occurring which should have been ruled out by the MCM settings - of the event types in question I am quite sure I have observed piercing/teasing triggers occurring despite the probability of this event happening being set to 0.

But in general the probabilities seem to work; you definitely get more events of the types which have been assigned higher probabilities in the MCM.

Edited by BYJE137
12 hours ago, Taki17 said:

can't say for certain but I'll try and check for you next time I play!

On 7/20/2023 at 12:41 AM, Taki17 said:

Events are supposed to have a cooldown between them and you can't set it lower than 0.5h by default, so this should not be happening. If an event fired, a cooldown should be initiated, to avoid precisely this.

Just came here because I'm encountered pretty much the same issue. The problem is not that the same dialogue fires multiple times, but that it appears there is no (functioning) global cooldown, so you can get several different dialogues one after another if you've to re-initiaite the dialogue.
I assume the "Restraint Comment Actions Cooldown" should prevent this, but it doesn't. At least not for me, and it appears not for Vaenja either.
Is there a variable I could check from the console perhaps? Had a look at the esp but didn't find any that sounds right.
Also are the chances we can configure in the MCM absolute or relative?

While at it, could you please split the Crime and Jail setting? While it's easy enough to conflict resolve various crime dialogues. It's not as easy to keep the DD items added from interfering with other jail mods (like in my case Pamas Prison Alternative).

Edited by Talesien
18 hours ago, Talesien said:

Just came here because I'm encountered pretty much the same issue. The problem is not that the same dialogue fires multiple times, but that it appears there is no (functioning) global cooldown, so you can get several different dialogues one after another if you've to re-initiaite the dialogue.
I assume the "Restraint Comment Actions Cooldown" should prevent this, but it doesn't.

Okay, that's fucking weird. Every event that happens calls a function that sets the cooldown and starts the timer for it to reset eventually. So if the script attached to the events runs successfully, the current implementation would make it so that whenever an event fires, the cooldown is set.

I have some ideas regarding making the check simpler and more robust, by having the cooldown check moved before event chances even are rolled, thus shaving off some computational overhead too in the process - however if the cooldown is not set during the event scripts, this still won't change anything.

So my question to you and anyone who had this issue is the following: are you allowing the event script to finish? Can you confirm that if you are not skipping dialogue or anything, the issue still persists? Also, I'd like to know the event chances you have set in the config menu, plus the cooldown timer value too. A log would not hurt either.

Is there a variable I could check from the console perhaps? Had a look at the esp but didn't find any that sounds right.

The cooldown value is stored in a conditional variable, not a global so you wouldn't be able to find it among the forms.

Also are the chances we can configure in the MCM absolute or relative?

Event chances are absolute. The logic behind them is a random number is rolled and any events that have fitting conditions (alongside having their chance met) go into a pool of potential events from which the game randomly selects one by the logic of random dialogue. The event chance roll and the cooldown being over are required conditions for each of the event topics.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:01 PM, Taki17 said:

Okay, that's fucking weird. Every event that happens calls a function that sets the cooldown and starts the timer for it to reset eventually. So if the script attached to the events runs successfully, the current implementation would make it so that whenever an event fires, the cooldown is set.

I have some ideas regarding making the check simpler and more robust, by having the cooldown check moved before event chances even are rolled, thus shaving off some computational overhead too in the process - however if the cooldown is not set during the event scripts, this still won't change anything.

So my question to you and anyone who had this issue is the following: are you allowing the event script to finish? Can you confirm that if you are not skipping dialogue or anything, the issue still persists? Also, I'd like to know the event chances you have set in the config menu, plus the cooldown timer value too. A log would not hurt either.

Maybe it's the new game I started, but the bug is making itself rare now. It is still there, had it happen last night, but then found out the log was still disabled in the new ini ... Since it's on it didn't happen again (aka I couldn't provoke it). From last night experience, it seems not to matter if I click through the dialogue or let it play out.

Script load is unlikely to be a factor Script latency tester didn't record anything above the high 90's and usually reports in the 70-80's.

One other thing I noticed: Sometimes you get the regular dialogue, which then gets replaced by the "Can I talk to you?" one instead after a few seconds.

The attached logs are from the previous (test)game, where the bug shows up pretty reliably. I was just checking out some things with Slaverun Reloaded in that one though, so I never bothered to fully conflict resolve it (it's based on my rather stable and well conflict resolved main LO though, but with a number of extra mods, messing up the logs).

logs.7z