I love MO Myself but today I tried playing Skyrim and it told me skyrim has stopped working. I don't think its MO but not sure of the issue. I have all the mods turned off and it still tells me the same thing. Any Idea's as to why this occurs? Im at a loss.

There are approximately 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 different things that can cause Skyrim to crash, and about 999,999,999,999,999,999 different types of crashes. You'll probably need to be a lot more specific.

I love MO Myself but today I tried playing Skyrim and it told me skyrim has stopped working. I don't think its MO but not sure of the issue. I have all the mods turned off and it still tells me the same thing. Any Idea's as to why this occurs? Im at a loss.

Install TESedit and run it. It will give errors. If you still have errors hopefully it can give some info. Generally it gives an error when it has an issue. And as Zippy so correctly pointed out there needs to be a much more detailed description on what is being done and where it crashes. Some crash before the game menu (this means one thing) crashing after starting means other things. ;). Details is the only way anyone might be able to even begin to help. Might need to even create a support thread once MO has been ruled out.

There are approximately 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 different things that can cause Skyrim to crash, and about 999,999,999,999,999,999 different types of crashes. You'll probably need to be a lot more specific.

Well I for one have likely experienced 999,999,999,999,002 causes so far. Dam it seems as if I have 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,998 more possible causes to experience.. . :dodgy:

I was tempted to click [post-111270-0-83530500-1428891547.pngMark Solved ] on your post. :P (Tech support thread...the option is always there to me)

Was wondering where do i turn the experimental load order from MO off ?? It seem to have nasty nag to put my order in wrong way. And was wondering how to turn it off ??

These "mini-compilations" are also have the advantage of being able to be easily activated later again if needed provided some glitch is found in the newer version without having a document(s) on how or what the hell was done to get the mod line up before.. :D My Old Skyrim MO folder was just like that. It got to a point that I couldn't be sure (easily) what mods were required or needed to "achieve" my goal later. So if I deactivated something I had to go back through and double check and sometimes (on rare occasion) leave the game after playing when I realized that a texture from "x" mod was missing or a conversation from "y" mod wasn't there anymore.

Now actual patches or "test " mods where you aren't sure are working the way you want.. yes keep them separate this way you can see the conflicts and give them a good run for their money. Later for mods like Bounties you can then merge them up as they don't change often.

I believe many "advanced" MO users do this (that is those that are comfortable with the tools available in MO and how it works)

Thanks for the tip i wasn't aware MO also worked for older games like fallout was currently only using it for skyrim for fallout was only using FOMOD like was suggested. But if MO works for fallout i can finally manage my game better then i could before same goes for oblivion.

Thanks for the tip i wasn't aware MO also worked for older games like fallout was currently only using it for skyrim for fallout was only using FOMOD like was suggested. But if MO works for fallout i can finally manage my game better then i could before same goes for oblivion.

It's why I had the thread moved from Skyrim\non-adult mods to General\Technical Support

When you say your told it stopped working, do you mean you actually get a warning? Maybe try to start the Skyrim Launcher normally through Steam so that it sets up, I needed to do that again once.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions...

I'm using MO version 1.2.18

I know there's a newer version available. (1.3.4?) and I was wondering if I just install that OVER my 1.2.18 installation and it will have all my profiles and everything? I know I can update from within MO when the update icon is lit, but.... it's not. So that's why I'm asking.

A bit more complicated.... maybe...

I switched over to CBBE a long time ago. Now I'm considering giving UUNP a try. I'd like to make a profile for UUNP and (hopefully) not mess up everything else. So ... like ... keep UUNP isolated in that it doesn't overwrite anything. All on it's own.

So if I make a new profile and it's just vanilla (Skyrim, update, the DLCs, and most recent unnofficial patches), can I start from scratch building a UNP-based profile? I know I'm going to have to reinstall a lot of things that have a CBBE or UNP option so that I have the UNP options installed. I could reinstall and make it a new mod with "UNP-" as the beginning of the mod name so I can find them easily and they group up naturally in my left-pane list.

Will this work?

Thanks 

how to upgrade MO: 

download the non-installer full .zip version, extract, unblock & set privilege level to administrator (modorganizer.exe)

from old MO folder move (cut)

• mods,
  • overwrite,
  • profiles,
  • downloads,
  • categories.dat,
  • nxmhandlers.ini,
  • ModOrganizer.ini

to new MO (paste)

I have a couple of questions...

I'm using MO version 1.2.18

I know there's a newer version available. (1.3.4?) and I was wondering if I just install that OVER my 1.2.18 installation and it will have all my profiles and everything? I know I can update from within MO when the update icon is lit, but.... it's not. So that's why I'm asking.

Read eifrag's statement above for upgrade instructions

A bit more complicated.... maybe...

I switched over to CBBE a long time ago. Now I'm considering giving UUNP a try. I'd like to make a profile for UUNP and (hopefully) not mess up everything else. So ... like ... keep UUNP isolated in that it doesn't overwrite anything. All on it's own.

So if I make a new profile and it's just vanilla (Skyrim, update, the DLCs, and most recent unnofficial patches), can I start from scratch building a UNP-based profile? I know I'm going to have to reinstall a lot of things that have a CBBE or UNP option so that I have the UNP options installed. I could reinstall and make it a new mod with "UNP-" as the beginning of the mod name so I can find them easily and they group up naturally in my left-pane list.

Will this work?

Thanks 

Changing bodies or entire compilations is the same..

• Just install the mods.
  • Set up the order of mods for proper overwrites ( in this case all the mods you need for the new UUNP mods, armors skeletons etc) Just like you would normally and have done for the CBBE you have installed.
  • Create the new profile
  • Unclick all the CBBE mods that aren't compatible or will not be used in the new profile.
  • Click on the UUNP mods that you will use in this profile.
  • Run FNIS, skyprocs etc whatever you need to finish setting up a profile.
  • Start game
  • Have fun.

There is no need to repack, reprocess or otherwise change or manipulate the mods. If there are some parts of a mod you don't want you can go in and "hide" that asset if you desire. If it is overwritten or overwriteable asset just move order up or down. There are many choices to control the mods "raw" install. If you fully understand the mods and structure and want to create a UUNP "compilation" with all the assets in proper order and structure along with a CBBE "compilation" as well that is doable as well but more advanced. Depends on your level of understanding. For many sexout mods I "repack" the mods.

In any case backup the MO folder (before you upgrade and / or make changes like these) since you are unsure of what you are doing . 7zip would be find. Hell simple copy the folder to another drive would work as well. Then make all the changes you desire. Make custom compilations/repacks and whatnot.. Go crazy. You can't really hurt anything as anything you do can be deleted right out of the MO folder and redone. :D

I know I'm going to have to reinstall a lot of things that have a CBBE or UNP option so that I have the UNP options installed. I could reinstall and make it a new mod with "UNP-" as the beginning of the mod name so I can find them easily and they group up naturally in my left-pane list.

Missed that part.

When installing a mod that has different options. You have the ability to rename it during the installation process. Just name it something you understand and then you can install it right along beside the other installed version of the mod. Or if you understand what you are doing and can extract the assets you need you can create a mod with the assets (or just the asset needed to "patch") that you need to run.

@ Chajapa.

Perhaps it is time to do some work on MO..

I played around with having a second MO for that very reason. I saw that my MO was getting FAT and could even bloat up to unbelievable sizes so I now think about how to divide up my systems etc. For example soon 1.59c (sexlab) will be discontinued if it isn't already and 1.60 will be then new version. Remember the changes from 1.35? and how most of the mods didn't work. Now in the future you would have to really understand which version of x mod worked with 1.59, 1.60 etc. and do that with hundreds of mods and patches etc installed.

Solution. Have 2,3,4, MO. It makes it easier to manage the size of MO and the content. For example I will likely use 2 or 3 MO for Fallout New Vegas when I start modding that game again. One for TTW mods, One for Sexout legacy mods (many have fell to the wayside recently) and one for current Sexout mods. Then I can add whatever Nexus mods and texture mods I need. This will make it easier to manage the mods and keep everything straight in my head.

IN your case if you had this type of setup in the future when your hard drive starts to get too full with mods etc. Just copy off one of the MO. When you decide to revisit say Sexlab 1.59 when Sexlab 1.80 has been released you can. I only see a potential problem of getting the links correct and perhaps changing out the SKSE to the version (previous) if there have been any changes that make the older version not work. Also if you ever end up with a old computer that can play Skyrim and mods you can just move your MO version x over to that computer and be up and running both quickly..

If you use all the same mods.. you can direct MO to a central "Mod" folder in Skyrim. Then all the MO's can load the mod from that folder saving space and keeping an archive of all your mods in the process. You can even have the mods download directly to that folder through MO or manually  select to boot. ;). AT least I believe in theory that should work..

Now for the necessary statement....

Yea MO!!!!!

^_^

Don't think it will really matter the stance MO (Tannin) has on paywalls even if he does publicly state one.

For those that are interested in Steam and start using it.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Steam_Workshop_Mod_Installation

Seems easy enough to do with MO. At first I thought it wasn't. Has anyone done this? Does it work well? Better ways?

how to upgrade MO: 

download the non-installer full .zip version, extract, unblock & set privilege level to administrator (modorganizer.exe)

from old MO folder move (cut)

• mods,
  • overwrite,
  • profiles,
  • downloads,
  • categories.dat,
  • nxmhandlers.ini,
  • ModOrganizer.ini

to new MO (paste)

Thank you for this. Although I just about had a heart attack whenI open 1.3.4 and it had no mods in it! Of course I pulled the .ini file from the previous version per the instructions and that meant it was looking in the wrong place! (Because I had MOVED them!). :D

Easy enough... fix the configuration to point to the correct directory and back in business. Minor scare. Nothing a fresh set of undies won't fix.....

heheheh

Don't think it will really matter the stance MO (Tannin) has on paywalls even if he does publicly state one.

For those that are interested in Steam and start using it.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer#Steam_Workshop_Mod_Installation

Seems easy enough to do with MO. At first I thought it wasn't. Has anyone done this? Does it work well? Better ways?

It depends how the paid mods work as regards unsubscribing I suspect. There's a 24-hour refund, but the money you spent is returned to the Steam wallet. If you can unsubscribe but remain a "buyer", it might work. Otherwise, it kind of seems like you'd only get the initial version of the mod and no updates.

I was really referring to Tannin and MO's stance on payed mods. and then gave some simple instructions on how to use Steam in case someone needed to because they decided to pay for a mod.. :)... Mostly from what I read after requesting a refund you loose all access to the mod so unless you have a copy somewhere else (as I doubt Steam will start removing mods out of turn and even if they do doubt they will find it in MO's folder as they would be looking into the actual Data folder ;)) you will lose the mod.. And yes. If you ask for a rebate and/or unsubscribe you will loose all access to updates to the mod regardless paid or not. That is at least what I get from the instructions I read from the link.

I was really referring to Tannin and MO's stance on payed mods. and then gave some simple instructions on how to use Steam in case someone needed to because they decided to pay for a mod.. :)... Mostly from what I read after requesting a refund you loose all access to the mod so unless you have a copy somewhere else (as I doubt Steam will start removing mods out of turn and even if they do doubt they will find it in MO's folder as they would be looking into the actual Data folder ;)) you will lose the mod.. And yes. If you ask for a rebate and/or unsubscribe you will loose all access to updates to the mod regardless paid or not. That is at least what I get from the instructions I read from the link.

I didn't even knew I could do that.  I needed that Tiny Serana free mod :3

I haven't done that yet there might be some differences as MO is advancing as we speak and not sure of the date that resource had but it is a step in the correct direction. If I am not mistaken Steam distributes their mods in a BSA plugin which means worst case you can find the new plugin and BSA(s) and then copy them out and then create a mod out of them. (zip them up in a folder and have MO install them. ) So yes there are ways around getting Steam Skyrim mods into your game but again I haven't done any of that recently and not with MO.

Perhaps someone else can chime in on if this works or if there is a better easier way.

Wow! THIS is inconvenient!

I switched over to 1.3.4 yesterday.

Loaded a couple of different profiles. Things appeared to be working fine.

I had created a profile yesterday for testing a new mod.

This morning I switched over to that profile and...

My LEFT pane had been sorted into alphabetical order AND the priority was reassigned. So A through Z and 1 through however many mods I have.... sync'ed.

Now I have to go back into that left pane and RE-order everything. What a pain (pun intended)

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

AND.... just checked another profile and it seems to be doing it to all of them. Ouch.

help?

** EDIT **

AND.... I may have fixed it. Still have some stuff to do to verify, but...

When I installed 1.3.4 I just did a manual install and put it in a folder called ModOrganizer134

When I copied the stuff from the original Mod Organizer folder (called ModOrganizer), apparently the NEW installation was still looking to read/write to that original folder.

I renamed the original folder to ORIGINAL-ModeOrganizer, and then renamed my new 1.3.4 folder to ModOrganizer.

Now Mod Organizer "remembers" how I had the profile ordered on the left pane. 

Just thought I'd pass this on in case someone else has a panic attack like I almost did :)

AND.... a question...

Regarding Groups:

Is there a way to create a new Group? In the dropdown I see Categories and NexusID. I guess what I'm trying to do is find out if there's a way to save my left pane order as some kind of template so I can go into the other profiles and apply that order. I've cut down on the number of profiles but I've still got over 20. Having to go in and reorder that left pane in every one of them is going to be a pain in the rear end.

Maybe it's not Groups that would be involved in this. But is there a way to do what I'm trying to do?