Hey all.

So, a litle while back steam seemed to update skyrim, and it was a bit of a surprise to me.

I'd been using MO for a while at that point, but now it's seems to be worthless as it can't load the mods into the game, which sucks because I'm likely going to have to start using some other system again, maybe even manual installation and Wrye Bash.

It always gives this error code: 

14:44:10 [D] activate profile "Default"
14:44:10 [W] not saving lists during directory update
14:44:10 [D] activate profile "Nex"
14:44:10 [D] F:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved
14:44:16 [D] F:\Program Files (x86)\Mod Organizer\profiles\Nex\modlist.txt saved
 [] 

It's just a warning but it never did this before, and now it doesn't seem to work.

I am usually more then able to side-step this sort of issue, but this isn't a issue I know how to solve and still use MO.

Why does everyone use Program Files? :-/

Anyway, are you using the newest version? Issues have been reported with it, which is why it's not on my OP. 1.2.8 has had the least issues of recent versions.

Because the programers like screwing with the users of their programs and have the default install set to programs folder.

Why does everyone use Program Files? :-/

Anyway, are you using the newest version? Issues have been reported with it, which is why it's not on my OP. 1.2.8 has had the least issues of recent versions.

Works fine since it's off of my C drive, system protection is not as innane off of it, and yes, it was from the beta(1.3.2 IIRC).

Got a 2 drive system with 2 partitions a piece.  May even set up one partition for a Linux boot drive.

Skyrim is on the F drive, specifically outside of a program files area.

Did a downgrade and it works now, believe I'm using 1.2.7 ATM.

So, my problem with stuttering was literally because I forgot to set one value (VideoMemorySize which is equal to VRAM + RAM - 2048) in my enblocal.ini and actually had nothing to do with MO and rather the fact that I forgot that I clean installed my ENB.

I did move my installs (MO and Steam/Skyrim) though to my root directory and Skyrim seems to have an easier time triggering scripts now.

Moral of the story? Remember to check your .ini files else you'll be scratching your head for days.

I've been scratching my head ever since I got into mods. Now I have to wonder if I just have too many mods sitting in my MO folder (if that can even cause an issue), because I have 593 total. I understand also that my computer sucks, so that also may be a problem.

Mechanical or SSD?

You can have a very large amount of mods sitting in MO. I have over 30 gigs of mods in my MO.. No problems. AwfulArchDemon I am sure is a mod collector as many others here are and likely have way more than I do. It is more likely that you have some other issues from your computer. Overfilled hard drive, Mechanical Hard drive, processor issues, memory issues etc than having MO having too many mods installed.

I am noticing I have to launch Skyrim twice out of MO in order for it to run.  How odd.  Any comments?

Make sure Steam is open first. I was trying to run SKSE before I opened Steam. A dialogue box opened that said to click OK after Steam opened. I wasn't waiting for that, and Skyrim ended up remaining closed until I clicked the run button in MO again to run SKSE again.

The bottom line is, open Steam first. If that isn't your problem, I don't know.

@LL:

Could you guys do me a small favor? If ever someone happens to notice an update to SkyRe, could you let me know? If it gets an update, I'll need to update my repack on the OP. Thanks.

PERKUS MAXIMUS is the new overhaul from the same group who create SKYRIM REDONE

I've been scratching my head ever since I got into mods. Now I have to wonder if I just have too many mods sitting in my MO folder (if that can even cause an issue), because I have 593 total. I understand also that my computer sucks, so that also may be a problem.

I currently run 26.5gb of mods, many of them script heavy so I doubt amount of mods is an issue, though  make sure you don't have redundant mods ;).  The only thing that a lot of mods affects is the initial load time on a Mechanical HDD (because SSDs are ridiculously fast and don't really suffer from this) and maybe some possible conflicts in game.

@LL:

Could you guys do me a small favor? If ever someone happens to notice an update to SkyRe, could you let me know? If it gets an update, I'll need to update my repack on the OP. Thanks.

Sure, though as far as I know T3ndo isn't going to update it past the present version unless something becomes completely broken as PerMa (Perkus Maximus) is his new mod.  I recommend you try it out if you haven't already.  It's pretty stable and compatible nowadays and in my opinion is better then SkyRe. :)

Edit:  Also, I've been using MO 1.3.3 for a while now.  No bugs to report and I think it's a fairly stable release.

Got an issue. Seems it has issues with Creatures.

"Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
ERROR(53): Could not find file 'S:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\bear\behaviors\bearbehavior.hkx'."

Next run:
"Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
ERROR(2012): Could not generate: bearcharacter.hkx"

I had the same issue with using MO. My problem is I like the Profiles feature and anytime I change from one to another it messes things up. It would be really nice if the overwrite folder also matched or kept with the Profiles as well. Individuals like me and Rabble wouldn't get so confused with the process potentially moving something that really shouldn't be moved..

Did you ever fix it? Because I'm one wave-reinstall away from switching back to NMM.

I mean, sure, this preserves the Skyrim directory and gives you some handy features (my niece and nephew, I imagine, can play it without having to run into my mods :P Just a thought. Haven't tried.)

But the added confusion I'm just not sure is worth it.

Nope. Something strange happens when I changed profiles and I don't know what I did to cause it since there are others not having the same problem.

Install FNIS and the FNIS Creature Pack ALWAYS to your actual skyrim data directory.

That fixed the problem for me every time.

I've ran into this same issue, but doing this doesn't fix it for me. I've manually done it, I've done it through MO, I've tried multiple times and I still get this error.

If I run 5.3 FNIS outside of MO in the data folder it will work w/o all my mods, of course. 

But if I run the FNIS through MO as it should be ran the bear error occurs - everytime.

I've no idea what to do to try to fix this now.

FNIS Behavior V5.3 Beta1   3/30/2015 2:32:26 AM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

>>Warning:  1 non-FNIS behavior files in meshes\actors\character\behaviors. They CAN be the cause of Skyrim incompatibility:<<
mt_behavior.hkx

Reading DeviousDevices V2.9.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V5.3 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V5.3 ...
Reading Maria V1.19 ...
Reading NonSexLabAnimationPack V2.2 ...
Reading SexLab V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...
Reading SexLabDefeat V?.? ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.0.3  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading sanguinesDebauchery V?.? ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.59c ...

ERROR(53): Could not find file 'D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\actors\bear\behaviors\bearbehavior.hkx'.

Which MO are you using? Also, I've not yet tested the new FNIS Beta. For me, everything works, and I'm using MO v-1.2.8, and FNIS 5.2.

Also, nothing needs to be installed to the game data directory to work with MO except ENBs (might be something else too, maybe). Have you verified that file's existence? In that folder you should have FNIS_SexLabCreature_bear_Behavior.hkx.

Are you getting game issues? Do bears do the nasty for you?

You know the one feature that I think would be Great. However i doubt Tannin would implement it..

Visualize the actual Skyrim folder where SKSE and even ENB's are located at. ;). yes some say it isn't a good idea. Just a simple pop up to warning someone kind of like the one that comes up with TESedit. Forcing someone to think if they want to actually install something to that folder.

No .. not exactly. Just like we do now however where the entire SKSE can be installed into the actual Skyim folder along side of the Skyrim.exe Place where you install the TESedit, GECK, Creation Kit etc. (depending on the game you are using.) Then even the actual programs would be controlled by MO. ENBs can be installed and switched on the fly as needed for the game and playthrough. You can end up with older versions of SKSE, NVSE, FOSE etc. along with the newest ones or even beta ones at the same time.

Doubt it would be done as no manager so far has done it ..

Imagine anything that would be installed into the main folder. could then be controlled by MO. That would keep not only the data folder clean and proper but the main folder as well. Those pesky Bat files can also be used that way as well. Unless someone knows a way to load up Bat files in MO .. Something that I missed like that dam .ini setup.

LOOT, and other external programs wouldn't be installed that way of course.

Does MO have a limit as to how many files from a mod can be read? Because I have Killerkeo's skimpy armour replacer installed but a few armours seem to not be changed. I can't remember which ones as I only looked at most, using console commands to give them to myself a while ago, but Daedric armour was one of them. As far as I could tell it seemed to be the vanilla shape and not a single pixel of flesh showing.

Not really. Your mod likely has misplaced/misnamed files, or an incorrect file path. Have you checked it out? Check conflicts too (obviously). Something could be re-replacing the outfits.

Some mods have a ridiculous amount of files and info, and all work for me. Tropical Skyrim, CotS, Falskaar...if anything would not work due to huge mods or too many files, it would be those ones.

I suspect there may, from time to time, be something MO forgets to mention about conflicts. I have Female Dremora Replacer installed near the end of my LO, but Dremora Lords are male anyway (I suspect SD+...seems like the only possibility), and MO gives no conflict for those mods.