The warning from FNIS about not finding that particular file has shown up for me too before, and it eventually disappeared, and then came back later on, then disappeared...

It hasn't caused me any issues at all. I spoke with fore for a while about it. It's an MO tihng, but so far, that exact warning has caused me no grief.

That is strange. I haven't gotten any FNIS warnings for a long time.

Have you moved the Steam install in your current OS? I did and got a few warnings ended up it it found a problem with my Steam install and records of more than one reference to Steam. The standard "invalid" install.

I however am not using some of the mods the rest of you guy/gals/fellow aliens are so perhaps a MO/Mod combination issue?

Have you moved the Steam install in your current OS? I did and got a few warnings ended up it it found a problem with my Steam install and records of more than one reference to Steam.

I've had that error, too. I had 2 Steams. :P Was basically my own dam fault.

Have you moved the Steam install in your current OS? I did and got a few warnings ended up it it found a problem with my Steam install and records of more than one reference to Steam.

I've had that error, too. I had 2 Steams. :P Was basically my own dam fault.

You and me both. There was an error that I got and ignored. Later when I clean (removed steam to move it) it deleted my current folder.. Everything .. what a pain in the ... green thing I sit on.. So now .. I don't ignore any of those warnings and have been able to resolve almost each and every one when they arise and since Installing my current version of MO.. No errors have cropped up with my mods list in FNIS..

To check conflicts, do I examine the Plugins tab on the right side and see if there are any error icons on the list of Plugins?

The conficts are on the LEFT side. Where the mods are installed. The listing of the conflicts would be under "Flags". More info here. Go to that page and read the entire page to be sure you have a very good grasp of what MO does and can do.. Good basic info there. Occasionally I refer back to that page to be sure I am on track with what I am doing as well.

• Conflicts - The Conflicts tab provides an overview of any and all conflicting files between currently enabled mods. There are three boxes toward the right which tell how many files, consecutively from top to bottom, are (1) in conflict but overwriting other mods, (2) in conflict and being overwritten by other mods, and (3) not in conflict with any other enabled mods.
    • Files in the current mod that are overwriting files from another mod in a lower priority position are listed in the top pane. The files in conflict are listed with their paths on the left, and the source(s) of the conflicting files are shown on the right, in order from lowest priority to highest. In order to allow a different mod to provide the conflicting file, you must change the priority position of the current mod to be before the other mod. Alternately, you can right-click any of the conflicting files and select Hide, which will effectively remove the file from the current mod (It actually appends a .mohidden file extension to the file so that it will not be used, but easily restored by going into the Filetree tab, right-clicking, and Unhiding the file). At top right of this pane is the number of all files that are in conflict that this mod is providing.
    • Files in the current mod that are being overwritten by other enabled mods in a higher priority position are listed in the bottom pane. The files in conflict are listed with their paths on the left, and the name of the mod providing the conflicting file is shown on the left (there is only one providing mod). You cannot hide any files in this pane. At top right of this pane is the number of all files that are in conflict that another mod is providing.

Time for me to eat my words I guess because after accidentally updating to the newest NMM today, it literally just dies (Read: Fantastic Programming™) so now I want to migrate to MO, because, you know, it works and I'm a bit tired of these persistent coding issues resulting in crashes for me personally with NMM.

That being said, is it possible to migrate my existing mod installation into MO without reinstalling everything (Which is what I did with my first MO stint) and if so, how would I go about doing that?

If not, is there something you can recommend to someone who uses a lot of merged mods/esps and specific pieces of mods?  Would for instance backing up my current Animation Folder (Not all of it, just Character Assets Female and Character Assets), compressing it and then installing it as a mod in MO work? 

Inside of NMM is there a folder that holds all the mods you installed in raw form. .That is like what was imported not actually processed ..Raw Fmods etc. ?

If so just copy that folder out.. it will have the collection of your mods. Then go through one at a time and install them into mo and name them etc.

Before doing this most MO users prefer to have a very clean Skyrim install. So after pulling all your .bat files and such you need out of the game folder NUKE it and reinstall and verify cache.(to make sure it was good downloads..) then start the MO process. Afterwards your Skyrim folder will only have SKSE, some bat files and .ini that the game creates nothing else. Nice and clean at all times.

If you give it time and allow yourself to get use to it and work at overcomming the problems. You might find it matches your style. You are an advanced user and MO is about as advanced a manager as you can get. I even directly edit the files right in the MO "mods" folder. Add files as well. When I get a few optional files like with the TTW folder I talked about earlier. I just pop them into an "optional" folder and check inside of MO. There is a panel where you can add and subtract ESP/ESMs ..

No longer reinstalling the mods.. Now I "rework" them.. :D. My next "rework" of skyrim will likely consolidate the mods into type folders,Weather, Texture replacement, Quest, Companions, Weapons and Armors, etc. .. YOu see where I am coming from there .. don't you ;). Makes it easier to work and consolidate the esps etc. New files I will drop right in below the master or consolidated one and see what conflicts and gives problems.. Move it around and once I see what I want, and don't want.. pop the things I want right into the folder. ..

Now all I need to do is to learn CK.. :dodgy:  Then just copy paste the items from mods right into the main mod.. lol.

The main mod actually just crashes as I've messed around with doing stuff like that in CK though I could have very well missed some things. lol

Anyways, I presume ENB is to be installed into the main folder as well similar to SKSE with MO? And also, when I reinstall and make the move (I haven't had the time to commit recently, thanks to College and my job lol)  I presume it'd still be ok to leave the Vanilla .bsa files since they're untouched entirely? 

But yeah, hopefully I'll have time this weekend to do a proper switch.  I think the best part is going to be the asset load order that MO offers me, should be fun. 

I don't use ENB so I can't answer those questions.

The vanilla files should be left alone at all times with the exception of cleaning the master esms.

Crashes are likely do to requirements being missing however if you open something in CK you can change some records that can cause all sorts of problems. I am not skilled in CK to answer those beyond that. If the game works without this changed file or or you can install the original and it works it is your CK work you did.

Just take your time.. install some basics test play (create a profile for testing) and then add a few more.. (create a second profile for testing :D by copying the original profile so you don't have to go through the start again provided you are using the exact same mods as before with additions. If you change any out run a fresh profie). I keep my default clean and unused and make sure all the mods are in proper order there (for base install) then copy that and create a new Profile then make any changes to the order as needed which is rare and only for really important exceptions.

sounds like you have a good grasp of what you are doing to start. Good luck.

Oh! Two more things, guys.

First, after I run Mod Organizer with this game I am talking about that has missing textures and anims, is unstable, etc, it leaves files in my Overwrite file. It looks like something from Fuz R Doh. Should I delete these files? I am not sure what to do with them.

Second, I am running MO version 1.2.17. I avoided updating because of that error message that was coming up about the latest version and I figured I'd just wait for the next version before updating. But, could my using 1.2.17 have anything to do with these problems, or at least the FNIS problem?

Thanks for your thoughts!

It shouldn't, 1.2.17 works fine. The error message is about a problem launching the game through Steam with MO, there is a fix on the MO page, it's the blacklist.txt file. However I actually don't have the issue so I don't need it so I guess it's random? You can update safely I think, just check if out can launch the game and if not extract the blacklist file into the game directory as per the error message.

With regards to the overwrite logs you get, I don't think you should get one for Fuz Ro Doh. I get three, one for Memory Blocks Log, HDT Highheels and one more I can't remember right now, but they are debug logs so they are to be expected as far as I know.

I just read your previous post, and I would suggest you use only one of Submit or Defeat, I prefer Defeat, which adds player victim and aggressor rape, as well as NPC on NPC rape, and the latest beta has Death Alternative functionality. Submit does not but it does have a progressive bondage punishment sister mod, although I replaced that with DD Captures. Submit also adds dialogue, I can't remember exactly what it does though, it's been a while since I looked at it. The reason I would say only use one is because they both add quite a few scripts which will slow down the game. It's making small sacrifices like that which can really help. For example I removed DD Helpless, Submit, More Devious Quest, Devious Traps, and a whole bunch more and it is noticeably faster to load and quick save now.

Just found this forum, you coukd have a look to help decide

Useful Note #3 :P

You asked for it Awfularchdemon.. ;)

I had to refresh my Skyirm folder. Messed up something in the main folder.. Anyway... When setting up my MO again (transplant from backup) I get this:

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<

Ohh my god run for the hills.. :D. Many get this and get confused. Don't. Just do exactly as it states. Run Skryim once through STEAM. That's right.. Forget about MO and run it through Steam.. from your Library and that warning that occasionally occurs (with verify cache etc) will be gone. I know it is difficult to move from MO to do this and work with Steam.. just do it and have this error gone.

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - e:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

IN fact.. you don't really even have to start the actual game.. (dam cart intro.. :dodgy: ) just start up the game. You will get the setup screen where it detects your graphics cards etc. then close out and go to back to Sweet MO and not have to worry about that error again.. At least until you need to verify the cache or reinstall the game. Which if you use MO. fortunately is a very rare occasion. :angel:

Useful Note #3.5.. Lol

While taking about verifying cache and restoring your FNIS sanity.. Does it need to be said that you need to clean those dam dirty Skyrim Masters?.. That is right. Skyrim, Dragonborn, Hearthfire etc. Those dirty, dirty mods need to be cleaned and scrubbed to a shine before actual use. I cleaned it using Gohpers tutorial (somewhere around the web.. don't have the link but a simple Google search should find it.) then copy those masters off into a backup and just drag the clean ones back when you do have to fix , verify or otherwise mess with the actual folder.

You know what is "strange" in my game?! When entering the game via MO, Steam off, the game loads with all chosen mods I saved for MO's current user, but when starting he game via SKSE icon, it loads the game according to the Wrye bash load order and installed mods. How can I make SKSE shortcut to load the game according to MO?

You know what is "strange" in my game?! When entering the game via MO, Steam off, the game loads with all chosen mods I saved for MO's current user, but when starting he game via SKSE icon, it loads the game according to the Wrye bash load order and installed mods. How can I make SKSE shortcut to load the game according to MO?

Run the SKSE loader through MO. There should already be an entry in the Run dropdown unless something went wrong.

It's probably the shortcut. I've seen it make that mistake before. It shouldn't do that when ran right from MO. Don't know why that happens.

Run the SKSE loader through MO. There should already be an entry in the Run dropdown unless something went wrong.

I'm running the game via MO only when switching between the characters. I still have this "ugly" habit to press SKSE shortcut.

It's probably the shortcut. I've seen it make that mistake before. It shouldn't do that when ran right from MO. Don't know why that happens.

I wish I know how to tune MO's SKSE to the SKSE shortcut that will always run my default, most played character.

I wish I know how to tune MO's SKSE to the SKSE shortcut that will always run my default, most played character.

MO opens up with the last used character automatacally. So your most used character would .. mostly pop up when you open MO :D. However I don't know of a way to make it auto.

Perhaps it might be something to add to MO as a feature. An ability to create shortcuts through mod to run a profile you desire? What do you think AwFullarchdemon?

MO opens up with the last used character automatacally. So your most used character would .. mostly pop up when you open MO :D. However I don't know of a way to make it auto.

Perhaps it might be something to add to MO as a feature. An ability to create shortcuts through mod to run a profile you desire? What do you think AwFullarchdemon?

An ability to create shortcuts through mod to run a profile you desire? What do you think AwFullarchdemon?

That would be awesome!!! It will shorten the time to scroll through the menu and choose which character I want to play. In that case, I would have few shortcuts and simply pick one I want.

An ability to create shortcuts through mod to run a profile you desire? What do you think AwFullarchdemon?

That would be awesome!!! It will shorten the time to scroll through the menu and choose which character I want to play. In that case, I would have few shortcuts and simply pick one I want.

Would be nice. Odd how the shortcut works. It literally makes a shortcut for SKSE, without the whole "through MO" thing. Pointless. I gotta ask about that. About profile specific shortcuts, let's get the regular ones working first. :P I suspect the shortcuts would work if MO was already running. Haven't tested the theory, though. Not loading up MO could be why the shortcuts don't "run through MO" (mods aren't loaded). This makes the profile specific shortcut not feasible, if it's true.

Like I said, I gotta ask about that.

Not loading up MO could be why the shortcuts don't "run through MO" (mods aren't loaded). This makes the profile specific shortcut not feasible, if it's true.

If I understood you correctly, I woud say - it's true. When I open MO and started the game with SKSE shortcut, the game still "pulling" out the mods and load order from Wrye and NMM.

So I've been working on my switch to MO and while sorting through my mods that I moved (the archives from the downloads) to the downloads folder, I was wondering if there was a way to sort downloads a bit better in the MO interface or to create folders within that pane? 

So I've been working on my switch to MO and while sorting through my mods that I moved (the archives from the downloads) to the downloads folder, I was wondering if there was a way to sort downloads a bit better in the MO interface or to create folders within that pane?

Well you can drag and drop mods to the order you want, but this will change conflict winners. There is a search function at the bottom of the window.

You can't make folders, but you can make fake mod entries to use as list headers. To do this manually install a mod or file, delete all folders in the file tree, and rename it to the header you want and move it to where you want it. Having it active or not shouldn't matter.

The STEP wiki has info on filters and mod grouping:

Would be nice. Odd how the shortcut works. It literally makes a shortcut for SKSE, without the whole "through MO" thing. Pointless. I gotta ask about that. About profile specific shortcuts, let's get the regular ones working first. :P I suspect the shortcuts would work if MO was already running. Haven't tested the theory, though. Not loading up MO could be why the shortcuts don't "run through MO" (mods aren't loaded). This makes the profile specific shortcut not feasible, if it's true.

Like I said, I gotta ask about that.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/launch-multiple-programs-single-shortcut-using-batch-file/

Just sayin'

Well you can drag and drop mods to the order you want, but this will change conflict winners. There is a search function at the bottom of the window.

You can't make folders, but you can make fake mod entries to use as list headers. To do this manually install a mod or file, delete all folders in the file tree, and rename it to the header you want and move it to where you want it. Having it active or not shouldn't matter.

The STEP wiki has info on filters and mod grouping:

Why just make a fake mod header when you can open up the configuration and create custom categories ? ;).

This categories seem cool however am slightly scared to have MO configure and manage my mods by catagories. However generally categories are a good way to resolve many of the conflicts.

If I understand correctly you want a shortcut like "SKSE - profilename" to load a specific Profile in MO before launching SKSE?

Just tested some stuff and this changes my selected profile and SKSE:

"H:\Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe" -p Default "H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

Why is something like this not documented? Found it. HERE ON STEP

Searched for something like arguments and command line and these works are not in that paragraph.

If I understand correctly you want a shortcut like "SKSE - profilename" to load a specific Profile in MO before launching SKSE?

Just tested some stuff and this changes my selected profile and SKSE:

"H:\Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe" -p Default "H:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe"

Why is something like this not documented? Found it. HERE ON STEP

Searched for something like arguments and command line and these works are not in that paragraph.

Profile-Specific Shortcuts

It is possible to make a shortcut profile-specific. This only works for Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts. If this is done, it will only run in the profile specified. To create a profile-specific shortcut:

1. Create the shortcut to the application as outlined above.
  2. Right-click on the shortcut created and select Properties.
  3. The Target field will include two strings encompassed by quotes like this: "<ModOrganizer>/ModOrganizer.exe" "<ApplicationFolder>/Application.exe"
    • Between those two strings add -p "Name of Profile" replacing Name of Profile with the name of the profile to be used.
    • The Target field should now look like this: "<ModOrganizer>/ModOrganizer.exe" -p "Name of Profile" "<ApplicationFolder>/Application.exe"
  4. Click Apply.
  5. (Optional) Rename the shortcut in a manner that will indicate which profile it will work on.
  6. Click OK.

Now we all know that the programs can be started through MO with a built in short cut. How much harder would it be to add a shortcut bar right besides/below the profiles that would do the same (as above) ?. That is what I am talking about. Most of what is needed is already being done elsewhere in the Manager.

Shortcuts Shortcuts

Mod Organizer (MO) allows the user to create shortcuts to launch applications through it. Shortcuts may be placed on the Start Menu, Desktop, or the Toolbar within MO itself.

MO_shortcuts.png

To place a shortcut on the Desktop (or to remove it if it is there already):

1. Select the application from the executable drop-down menu.
  2. Click the Shortcut drop-down menu.
  3. Select Desktop.

To place a shortcut in the Start Menu (or to remove it if it is there already):

3. Select Start Menu.

To place a shortcut on the Toolbar (or to remove it if it is there already):

3. Select Toolbar.
20px-Warning-Logo.png       Warning:Any arguments, lack of arguments, or other options changed in the Configure Executables dialog will not affect shortcuts made prior to these changes. For the shortcut to receive the new settings, you must delete the shortcut and create it again.

Then once you start a game .. pretty much .. you are done messing with it and won't enter MO and just play the game.. ;).

Not loading up MO could be why the shortcuts don't "run through MO" (mods aren't loaded). This makes the profile specific shortcut not feasible, if it's true.

If I understood you correctly, I woud say - it's true. When I open MO and started the game with SKSE shortcut, the game still "pulling" out the mods and load order from Wrye and NMM.

I don't use Wyre so I am not sure.. However check this

Wrye Bash

Wrye Bash comes in two variants: standalone and Python. The standalone version may be added to MO like any other program, however you have to set python.exe/pythonw.exe (32-bit) as the executable and Wrye Bash as the argument for the Python variant.

Mod_organizer_wrye_bash.png
To add Wrye Bash standalone to executables:
  1. Click the gears Gear_MO.png button. This opens the Modify Executables window.
  2. In the Title field, type in "Wrye Bash" (or whatever else you decide to title it). This fills in the Title field.
  3. All the way to the right of the Binary field is a button with an ellipsis with a subtext of "Browse filesystem." Click it. This opens a window where we can browse to the program we want to run.
  4. Navigate to and select "Wrye Bash.exe" located, most likely, in the "Mopy" folder where you installed it. This will fill in the Binary field.
    • Having trouble finding it? It should be in the "Mopy" directory inside your game directory.
  5. Click the Add button. This will add Wrye Bash to your list of applications.
  6. Click Close to close the dialog.

To add Wrye Bash Python to executables:

1. Click the gears Gear_MO.png button. This opens the Modify Executables window.
  2. In the Title field, type in "Wrye Bash Python" (or whatever else you decide to title it). This fills in the Title field.
  3. All the way to the right of the Binary field is a button with an ellipsis with a subtext of "Browse filesystem." Click it. This opens a window where we can browse to the program we want to run.
    Mod_organizer_wrye_bash_python.png
  4. Navigate to and select "pythonw.exe" inside your Python directory (should be located in C:\Python27). This will fill in the Binary field.
  5. All the way to the right of the Start in field is a button with an ellipsis. Click it. This opens a window where we can browse to the folder where the program we want to run is located.
  6. Navigate to the directory where Wrye Bash was installed and select it (default location is ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mopy). This will fill in the Start in field.
  7. Leave that all open, but now go into Windows Explorer and find your Wrye Bash directory and enter it. You should see a file called "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" inside that folder.
  8. Press down the Shift button and hold, at the same time right-click the "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" file. The context menu should appear.
  9. Select Copy as path from the context menu. It may be hard to locate, but it will be about in center of the context menu. If you can't find it, try pressing Shift + right-click again, and it should appear. This will copy the path to the "Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw" to your clipboard.
  10. Now paste the path that you just copied to your clipboard into the Argument field. The argument should now look something like this: C:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mopy\Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw
  11. Click the Add button. This will add Wrye Bash to your list of applications.
  12. Click Close to close the dialog.

Please note:

• If you start Wrye Bash from MO (add it as an executable), it will recognize the plugins (esp, esm) from MO but Wrye Bash will treat them as if the mods had been installed manually.
  • Disabling Wrye Bash's Auto-Ghost functionality when launched through Mod Organizer stops all ESP files being moved from their respective folders to the Data folder.
  • Some versions of Wrye Bash (e.g., Wyre Flash for Fallout 3) do not have a standalone version, in which case the Python setup is necessary.