ritual and aweful - I know some other people like you. I was actually complimenting to awful, although it maybe didn't sound so. before playing the Skyim I was playing Sims 3 for many years. You might not believe, but I was a moderator on one forum for SIms 3. Never had a mod manager for it or any similar programs. Just knew what to do and how to do it, like I was born with the game. My creations and tips & tricks was always on the top. Skyrim, on the other hand is completely opposite for me. Learning stuff veeery slowly. It took me months to learn doing things that are 5 minutes job for someone. Anyway, my point is I admire you guys. That's all. :)

@ germanicus

I have been here since 2012. I have just started seriously looking at the GECK and FNVedit other than a needed quick fix. I haven't created a mod or modified a texture. There are people here that just got the game and 1 month in are creating quest mods. I haven't been "born" into any mods, games, moderation (which I am now on another site) hell it took me 3 months to get comfortable with the editing tools here and I have done my share of posting comments to the wrong thread because I had multiple open at the same time.

I just kept coming back, doing more, and asking questions. I learned then I helped others learn (reinforcement of what I learned) and learned some more. Rinsed and repeated. Now I am a contributor here and a moderator at an other site. It took work and effort to gain the skill and capacity that I currently have and will take huge efforts to move forward into the world of GECK and CK and nif tools and Blender and such. That is fine. I view this as a hobby and will give it the time it takes to get proficient.

It has been hard work being an "Alien" ;). (get the hint at my avatar now :))

My apologies AwfulArchdemon. I just shortened your nickname. :)  ... much easer for me.

ritual  - Well, you see, I'm also natural born musician, song composer and text writer in RL. Have ear for bad/good tune and talented/untalented people. I been corrected hundreds of other people's songs and texts. I lead a school for guitar playing more then 7 years. Why saying this? Because I'm very extreme person, I know stuff or don't know them. I was brilliant student in Croatian language in the school and in philosophy and psychology on faculty, but always bad in maths, chemistry and physics. The things I don't know, take me a long time to learn and some of them, I'm incapable to learn and I easily give up. Skyim, the only game I play at the moment is the game that gives me a hard time to learn things, and honestly without the help from the people like yourself and without this brilliant sex mods, I will give up from it long time ago.

Please, forgive me for being of the topic.

I meant this:

ritual and aweful - I know some other people like you. I was actually complimenting to awful,

2 different spellings :P. 2nd one was right, first one was the classic adding of the E, changing it's meaning.

Me: Musician for 17 years. Mastered guitar and piano, and now recording lyrics.

NMM is probably the whole reason I know about file structures, and where things should go, and in what order. MO is the reason I can install way too many mods, and still play the game. Learning MO was actually kinda fun. Sounds weird I know, but the more I knew about MO, the happier I was to have and use it.

I meant this:

ritual and aweful - I know some other people like you. I was actually complimenting to awful,

2 different spellings :P. 2nd one was right, first one was the classic adding of the E, changing it's meaning.

Me: Musician for 17 years. Mastered guitar and piano, and now recording lyrics.

NMM is probably the whole reason I know about file structures, and where things should go, and in what order. MO is the reason I can install way too many mods, and still play the game. Learning MO was actually kinda fun. Sounds weird I know, but the more I knew about MO, the happier I was to have and use it.

LOL awful. now that you showed me, I see the difference too. Hahahaha- well you aren't awful, that's for sure, but I have awe for you. ;):)

I'm so glad to see my college in the profession. My utmost respect. :)

when I started MO this afternoon, the message of the day was about the latest version the author had uploaded.  for some reason I downloaded it and installed it to the existing MO folder.  now I get a message every time I try to run a programme or launch the game.  EXECUTABLE NOT FOUND. 

do I have to reinstall all the mods? or is it a case of reinstalling MO again?

EDIT. I decided to uninstall MO and start over. 

I downloaded and installed it afresh.  installed the unofficial patch and clicked run.  guess what? EXECUTABLE NOT FOUND. 

I'm sure it's something simple, but I just can't see what it is.

Message of the day (version 1.2.18 using 1.2.14 gets you nothing)

Important: the installer version of MO 1.3.2 doesn't include the loot32.dll required to sort plugins in MO. Please see below for instructions on how to get that dll from the official loot page.

-------------------------

I've just uploaded Mod Organizer version 1.3.2 but I haven't marked it as the "latest version" yet so no one downloads this unwittingly.
Most importantly: MO 1.3.x and future versions no longer support Windows XP so if you use XP please stick with 1.2.18.

You might notice I skipped 1.3.0 and 1.3.1. This is because those versions were available on the step forum for testing for a couple of weeks so hopefully this release is stable but please still treat this as a beta and keep a backup of your previous installation.

New features

Integration of loot 0.7 beta

the integrated loot can now be updated without a new release of MO. (1)

the mod list now has a new column that displays icons based on the content of the mod so you can quickly see if a mod contains, say, esps or textures or skse plugins or ...

the mod list can be filtered by their content

When you click a mod that has conflicts, the conflicting mods now get a colored highlight in the list.

Apart from this there are a couple of changes under the hood:

MO is now based on the current version of Qt (5.4 instead of 4.8). Apart from the fact this fixes a few rare bugs you will mostly notice the bigger download size (4MB).

Windows XP is no longer supported.

more game-specific functionality has been factored out into plugins. While this won't suffice to support non-gamebryo games right now it may be possible for someone (not me) to write a Morrowind plugin.

(1) To update loot, get the "loot api" download from the loot github page at https://github.com/loot/loot/releases/and copy the loot32.dll contained within to the loot directory of MO.

As I've announced on the step forum (link) I will be making myself scarce for a while (with the exception of urgent bugfixes).
This is not because I'm giving up on MO but because some of the changes I plan for the future require a lot of development work and I work better when I don't participate in three forums and private messaging and emails and investigate obscure bug reports and so on.

In other news: theimmersion has created a couple of custom themes for MO and a tutorial so if you've always wanted a pink MO then head over to http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63743/?;)

Not sure but you might have messed up the install of MO. Not sure what you did however. Now the reason for posting back. You NEVER have to uninstall MO because of errors .. well unless Awfularchdemon or someone here states to do so. Most problems are likely configuration issues. Now even if you DO HAVE TO UNINSTALL you don't have to nuke the manager. Save the MOD folder and the Profile Folder and if you have downloads stored there and wish to save those save the "Download" folder. Then you can nuke, transfer, reload or whatever you want. (Also I would advise the above folders to be saved before upgrading as well. Not necessary so far at least for me but backup, backup backup is always a good idea) .

Beta means hold up a sec. Here's my findings about the foreseen 1.3xx series:

I fired it up, and skse works as it should. I fired up CK, and for some reason, it fired up at light-speed. Way faster than ever before. I have no idea how to explain that one. However, when I shut it down, it stayed locked. Not sure why. I just clicked Unlock.

No mod issues.

Haven't done extensive testing, but I have the new version (obviously), so let's see how tests go before I upload it. The 1.3xx series is new in ways, so I'll upload it when I use it for gaming later. Until then, feedback is golden!

So I've finished my MO move and I must say that in game the results are....disappointing.

Running a trimmed fresh install (because I had some redundant mods on my NMM install) there are massive drops in FPS, as in sometimes 1 or less FPS, on exterior cells and while I have an ENB (installed in the data folder as it should be, not through MO) It's honestly quite strange but regardless it makes the game unplayable.   

I was curious if there have been any reports on things like this in the past because I've tried pretty much everything mod related and I haven't found a solution. I'll attach my modlist to the post and maybe you guys can go through it.  

Also, could the fact that MO is in Program Files be causing this? I've not ever had issues with things being there before but maybe the nature of MOs hook and virtual filing system maybe it's an issue.

Edit: Also Attached Load Order for Plugins

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

The game and MO should be in the root or somewhere else besides the Programs folder. Permissions and such .. Just a pain. A page or so ago I recommended to not have the GAme and MO in the same folder.

I experienced the same thing with a fresh MO. Not sure if this fixed it but I opened Skyrim once through steam and allowed it to do its thing. Then I opened MO and tried. it and it worked better afterwards. Might just be the INI isn't configured correctly

Also you can use the spoiler to hold the Modllist and the Load order it is more convenient for members to see the list (glance at it ) quicker than having to download files. Some won't.

I doubt an experienced Skyrim modder has a load order wrong. Just run Loot inside of MO and see if anything changes. (make sure you make a backup of both the mods list and the load order in case there is something you don't like with the new setup)

This has never happened to me before. When I ran it, I saw nothing negative happen. Could be the Program Files thing. however, I just saw a thread where a guy reported settings not being saved. Something for me to investigate. I'll be keeping my eyes open for the newly reported problems.

Tannin is taking a break right now, so if people aren't getting PMs to him returned quickly, that's why, so don't blow up his PM. :P

I am using Mod Organizer for Fallout NV and also MO profiles. When I make changes in the settings (Audio, Display, Gameplay) they are not saved. For example: I switch death cam to 'player view' and next time I start the game it has the value 'cinematic'. I had a look into the profile folders and there are ini files but they are a few days old. In 'Mygames' are also no ini-files with the actual date. I have the feeling that the changes are not saved at all.

How do I make MO to save the changes in the settings?

Right on queue :D

I saw your post. Couldn't respond to a locked thread, however ;). Using Win 7? XP support is gone for 1.3xx versions.

Also:

Released a bugfix release 1.3.3. This should fix the problems reported after the 1.3.2 release. If you have further problems please ensure they are posted on the issue tracker.

You're game and MO are not in Program Files, right?

Yeah, I saw this thread while i was searching but have mistaken it for an intro to MO. I guess the quick look was a little too fast :angel:

I tried 1.33 and still the same.

My MO is here:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer

and my profile is here:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Female - Imp. Custom Race, no AWOP

additional info:

Win7

NVSE latest beta

4GB

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I use the Creation Kit with MO? If I run it from steam it has none of my mod esps, and adding the steam exe throws up an error message. I can't remember what and I'm away from my gaming rig right now so I will find it and post the error message here tomorrow.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I use the Creation Kit with MO? If I run it from steam it has none of my mod esps, and adding the steam exe throws up an error message. I can't remember what and I'm away from my gaming rig right now so I will find it and post the error message here tomorrow.

Not stupid at all. You have to start it with MO. On the upper right side in MO you have the 'Run' button. Left of it is a button to start executables (and set them up). Click it and choose 'edit'. Create a new executable:

a. Title: Just give it a name  like 'GECK' -> only for you to know what it is

b. Binary: 'C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\nvse_loader.exe' -> no quotes (I assume you want to use NVSE too)

c. Argument: '-editor' -> no quotes

Confirm it by 'modify'.

Now you should be able to choose your executable 'GECK' and press the run-button to start it.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I saw this thread while i was searching but have mistaken it for an intro to MO. I guess the quick look was a little too fast :angel:

My MO is here:

and my profile is here:

C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Mod Organizer\profiles\Female - Imp. Custom Race, no AWOP

additional info:

Win7

NVSE latest beta

4GB

You have your stuff in a good place (same as mine). This could indeed be a bug with the new one(s). Can others verify?

Take a look at the issue tracker. If it's not reported, report it. If the old one worked fine, use that one for now. I'll check on this too.

INI-Files - The INI-Files tab shows any ini files located inside the mod. You may edit any ini file and save using the Save button at the bottom. You can also create a new ini file tweak for the mod by right-clicking in the lower left box and selecting Create Tweak. After entering a name and clicking OK, you can edit your custom ini file with any ini tweaks you desire

You may want to check and see if you can edit the ini files, and see if they save.

My MO is here:

and my profile is here:

additional info:

Win7

NVSE latest beta

4GB

You have your stuff in a good place (same as mine). This could indeed be a bug with the new one(s). Can others verify?

Take a look at the issue tracker. If it's not reported, report it. If the old one worked fine, use that one for now. I'll check on this too.

INI-Files - The INI-Files tab shows any ini files located inside the mod. You may edit any ini file and save using the Save button at the bottom. You can also create a new ini file tweak for the mod by right-clicking in the lower left box and selecting Create Tweak. After entering a name and clicking OK, you can edit your custom ini file with any ini tweaks you desire

You may want to check and see if you can edit the ini files, and see if they save.

Thanks AwfulArchdemon, filed that to the bug tracker http://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/1070

Not stupid at all. You have to start it with MO. On the upper right side in MO you have the 'Run' button. Left of it is a button to start executables (and set them up). Click it and choose 'edit'. Create a new executable:

a. Title: Just give it a name like 'GECK' -> only for you to know what it is

b. Binary: 'C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\nvse_loader.exe' -> no quotes (I assume you want to use NVSE too)

Confirm it by 'modify'.

Now you should be able to choose your executable 'GECK' and press the run-button to start it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you but isn't that for the game itself? I meant to run the Creation Kit for Skyrim, because I can't get my mod esps in the CK if I just click run. It's only an issue because I wanted to make a mod using mod assets.

Confirm it by 'modify'.

Hope that helps.

Thank you but isn't that for the game itself? I meant to run the Creation Kit for Skyrim, because I can't get my mod esps in the CK if I just click run. It's only an issue because I wanted to make a mod using mod assets.

No, the Run-Button starts what you have selected in the butten left to it. if you have selected 'Skyrim Launcher' it will start the launcher, if you have select SKSE it will start the game with SKSE, if you have selected Creation Kit it will start the Creation Kit and so on. The  Run-Button refers to the choice to its left.

Confirm it by 'modify'.

Hope that helps.

No, the Run-Button starts what you have selected in the butten left to it. if you have selected 'Skyrim Launcher' it will start the launcher, if you have select SKSE it will start the game with SKSE, if you have selected Creation Kit it will start the Creation Kit and so on. The Run-Button refers to the choice to its left.

Sorry, I haven't really been very clear. I meant how do I set up the CK with MO, because when I started it before it had an error message, but I've fixed it now anyway. Thanks for your help.

Dam it.. dam it to hell..

LOL

I have been doing ini so old school. (editing the actual ini) for each of my profiles and such.. Dam I am such a dunce. I have seen this but it never clicked. Now I see the light..

The iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=XX in Skyrim Flora Overhaul by Vurt comes to mind. Don’t forget the [Grass] before it

I assume the title of that section of the .ini would be taken before the tweak in the case above

[Grass]

iMaxGrassTypesPerTexture=XX

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

As an example of multiple tweaks. (I assume the tweaks have to be in the same order as the .ini used as well correct)

One "tweak" would "tweak" both the regular .ini and the pref as well correct?

Curious Aliens want to know.. (actually curious aliens want to get up to speed on this) .. dam I have been custom editing the ini for all my profiles.)

Finally a good rule of thumb would be to add tweaks that are specific to a mod to that actual mod and the tweaks that are used for the game to a separate mod. Thoughts? For example Grass tweaks to a separate mod for grass landscapes etc. and a tweak for the mod "Footsteps" to the actual mod .. well "Footsteps". For this question I want to get up to speed of what others are commonly doing so that I don't need to "experiment" myself.

Dam it.. dam it to hell..

LOL

I have been doing ini so old school. (editing the actual ini) for each of my profiles and such.. Dam I am such a dunce. I have seen this but it never clicked. Now I see the light..

Whoops! haha I may have had something to do with that. Remember when I was showing you neat ini tricks? I probably should have added "...which can all be done from the ini Editor".

I had you in a technical state of mind, which triggers people like me and you to not look for easy ways. Such is the way of those who started with manual installations. :P Instead of clicking the Shutdown button, I turn my comp off using cmd or batch. This is my OCD, I guess (we all have 1 or 2).

I guess there is a such thing as too easy. :D

For the record, I use the actual ini too. ;)

So was my example correct for the custom "tweaks"?

I like this idea very much so I want to start using it. There are a few mods that are very specific on what needs to be tweaked and would like it to be added when the mod is activated instead of constantly. Also having a nice clean .ini for Skyrim across the board is nice to boot.

Don't remind me about manual. It took forever and a day and I basically just ended using loose re-placer files most of the time. Dam that was a headache. However. I rarely had more than 3 to 6  mods installed at any time. They were few and far between and absolutely needed. Not the 200 mods that seems to creep up now a days.

AwfulArchdemon you might as well have told me when you talked about .ini and tweaks and such. I just don't see something until I a ready to see it.. My eyes just work that way. No matter how Capt'n Obvious it might be. What is even more embarrassing is I looked all around the MO for the tweak and couldn't find it. ( I was looking at the wrong panel .. The tool panel not the mod panel..  :blush: )