Took me for a while...but again, I didnt disappointed in MO.

Had to move my Skyrim and MO folder and with the backup folders and the edit in the MO ini,  now I can continue my last character. Thank you for this great program!  :heart:  :)

@Lendova - That would be Tannin (MO's author) and his awesome Team, and we appreciate it. :angel:

@LL: Okay, has anyone who's using the new version actually seen the hook.dll suddenly vanish? Or other files? Mods, perhaps?? (Be careful and back stuff up!)

I am in a new investigation I think...

^

Actually this one pertains specifically to the newest version. I skipped the more problematic ones, but this one I posted thinking there were no serious issues. If things are being deleted, it would pose serious confusion, since MO can't delete it's own files. Mods, sure, but only if you tell it to. It can't delete mods on it's own.

Anyway, if people using the new version aren't having these issues, it could be just the computers of the people who posted about it. That's my hope, anyway.

If someone loses files, please tell me, so I can know to get busy. If people are using it a lot, and it's doing everything right with no problems at all, I wouldn't mind hearing about that either. Confirmation that a tool is working properly is as important as knowing of any issues.

I have a very simple question about Mod Organizer and the "old fashioned" manual install method. Does MO's virtual-file structure introduce some slight lag in how things would run in-game on a low/mid-tier CPU when compared to installing everything the old fashioned way in your Skyrim Directory?

Would one be advised to use NMM for example if they have a low/mid ranger CPU over MO or is it exactly the same?

I hope this made sense.

BONUS Question I just remembered: Everytime I run LOOT through MO, it tells me my Skyrim/Update/Dawnguard/Dragonborn plugins are dirty but I've cleaned them by running TES5Edit through Mod Organizer, I even have the backups to prove it.

Is this just a false positive and they are truly cleaned or did I do something wrong?

Guest endgameaddiction

The whole concept of the virtual file structure was based off of keeping your data folder clean. This helps with performance. if you are experiencing lag, it could be various reasons from hardware issues to mod files themselves.

MO is made to cater both low-end and high-end. And I would suggest using it over NMM and manual mod installation any day.

I can't answer that last question because I don't really use LOOT let alone the MO LOOT.

I have a very simple question about Mod Organizer and the "old fashioned" manual install method. Does MO's virtual-file structure introduce some slight lag in how things would run in-game on a low/mid-tier CPU when compared to installing everything the old fashioned way in your Skyrim Directory?

Would one be advised to use NMM for example if they have a low/mid ranger CPU over MO or is it exactly the same?

I hope this made sense.

BONUS Question I just remembered: Everytime I run LOOT through MO, it tells me my Skyrim/Update/Dawnguard/Dragonborn plugins are dirty but I've cleaned them by running TES5Edit through Mod Organizer, I even have the backups to prove it.

Is this just a false positive and they are truly cleaned or did I do something wrong?

Ah, I used to have this thing with LOOT, I can't remember ow I fixed it as it was some time ago now, but I think I was when I made a new MO setup inside the Skyrim folder with a new download of MO. Hope his fixes it, sorry if it doesn't.

The whole concept of the virtual file structure was based off of keeping your data folder clean. This helps with performance. if you are experiencing lag, it could be various reasons from hardware issues to mod files themselves.

MO is made to cater both low-end and high-end. And I would suggest using it over NMM and manual mod installation any day.

I can't answer that last question because I don't really use LOOT let alone the MO LOOT.

I already use MO, I was just curious about that aspect vs the traditional manual installation. I'm not really having issues, it's just that old eternal quest to squeak out a bit more speed. If it makes no difference I'll stick with MO as I like how it does things much better. :)

Shouldn't notice much of a lag if any at all. When you experience lags is when you place MO on a mechanical when the OS/Steam is on an SSD. In fact you might experience better performance as you would only be running the mods in game (present to game) as opposed to installing many mods and just unclicking them (the game would still have to run through the files anyway.) The MO way only those files you want present will be presented to the game. It is cleaner and more efficient in my opinion. Personal non-scientific experience shows an actual performance boost over using NMM for me at least. In this example I had exactly that .. many mods installed and uninstalled and activated with some not. etc. When moving to MO using the exact same mods I got a general improvement in responsiveness.

I hope this made sense.

That shouldn't be happening. Are you using TESedit in MO, or outside of MO. I cleaned my Skyrim outside of MO. I haven't had any problem. I would run it again and double check the proper way of doing this task. I believe it was outside of MO.

My answers in GREEN :D

I am almost positive I ran my cleaning outside of MO. Then I opened Skyrim Data folder and copied the files off and backed them up. Now I just copy back any time I have to verify cache. With MO no other files are harmed.. :D Yea MO

I don't get any warnings or other problems with this.

Well, when I ran LOOT right after cleaning in MO, it appeared the ESM's were cleaned properly. When I closed and reloaded MO later on and had to run LOOT, it said they were dirty again. Quite strange. I'm going to clean them outside of MO right now and see how that goes.

Well I cleaned them outside of MO, the old fashioned way and LOOT tells me they are dirty, but TESEdit said they were cleaned. I'm going to just chalk it up as false or something I dunno.

Make sure you still dont have any files saved from when you cleaned it from inside of MO. There might be something left over. I find files left over when I use TESedit on any mods etc. Not sure how that effects the results but it is something you could check.

If it is clean outside of MO it has to be something left inside of MO that is causing this. They are clean that is for sure.

Maybe it would be prudent just to start with a fresh MO install. It may be a mess if there could be leftover files as I've altered/reinstalled mods completely many times before I learned how to actually use profiles... maybe a fresh go wouldn't be a bad idea anyway. :)

Another MO perk, reinstalling fresh doesn't take eternity like it used to. Very fast, I love it.

Well I ran LOOT a second time and now it says they are clean. I don't get it but I'll take it.

Things like this happen all the time when you're talking about Skyrim. Many mysteries when it comes to mods, and how Skyrim may react to them. Saves are enigmatic as well. I have seen many problems just...disappear, never to return. I just go with it now. No more struggling to find out why these things happen to Skyrim and it's tools and mods. If it's not a problem anymore, it's not a problem anymore. Fuggit. :sleepy:

Maybe it would be prudent just to start with a fresh MO install. It may be a mess if there could be leftover files as I've altered/reinstalled mods completely many times before I learned how to actually use profiles... maybe a fresh go wouldn't be a bad idea anyway. :)

Another MO perk, reinstalling fresh doesn't take eternity like it used to. Very fast, I love it.

Well I ran LOOT a second time and now it says they are clean. I don't get it but I'll take it.

The beauty of MO.. Just unclick everything.. ;). There would be no more files to show or be messed up. Then test and see. I believe you should be fine then. Then just click one or two mods etc or the most likely ones that might have some of those files etc. until you get the error again. Done.

Yea MO.

I just notice you can edit non .esp files in MO and take effect instantly all while the game is still running

?! 0_0

You did what? No shit? It's like Umod! :P Instant textures? It should not be surprising that I've never tried this before, so no *smug*.  :D

Ok, so I'm NOT new to modding Bethesda games. Skyrim, gotcha covered. Fallout 3/NV? Cool. I can do that. I don't know them like I do Skyrim, but whatever, they're fairly easy. 

Oblivion is apparently a whole new monster, especially when it comes to using Mod Organizer. 

Issue #1: Clean install. No mods. Launches FINE from Steam. Steam throws Error 5:000065434 when launched through Mod Organizer. 

So, I validated my files. They're legit. Completely vanilla, according to Steam. Yet when I click on Oblivion.exe or Oblivion Launcher.exe through MO? I get the error. 

To reiterate, this errror does not happen when launched through Steam.

Anyone found a workaround for this? Or am I going to have to use Wyre Bash/OBMM for modding Oblivion? If that's the case, I'll just throw an ENB at it, and run it vanilla with no mods at all. 

I had a similar issue where MO would cause Oblivion to CTD immediately, even if no mods were installed and MO was doing nothing. I eventually had to give up and go back to using OBMM.

I'd rather use Wrye Bash than OBMM -.-